RAPP Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor Management, but the rest of the crew is great
Senior User Interface Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2018
Still stuck in the 20th century. They know how to use data to inform their campaign, but as far as development of their applications goes, they need to really catch up with the competition.
Pros
Fun events, friendly environment, project management is always super organized, amazing QA department.
Cons
Fear-based motivation, poor ability to adopt and keep on the cutting edge of tech, managers don't necessarily know tech it's just whoever talks the loudest and talks the most wins
a fun agency environment
Freelance Art Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I enjoyed working with a great team of talented people for the Time Warner Cable account. As their lead designer for all direct mail, I enjoyed coming up with creative solutions that were out of the box.
Fun place to work
Peoplesoft Help Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Project based company with many employees worldwide. Lots of opportunity for advancement, or relocation if desired. Collaborative atmosphere spanning a variety of many clients.
Ad Agency Life
Interactive Manager / Senior Interactive Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 3, 2017
Any position in this company required you to justify your hours. If you had a project manager who gave you busy work you could stay around for ever but if a client project ended there was a good chance of getting fired even if your skills could be used on another project.
Pros
fun team building
Cons
entire teams let go with projects, bad hours, lots of back stabbing
Poor upper management, good people in the trenches
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 29, 2017
Department managers often undercut by upper-level management, poor leadership from mid- to high-level. Creative department suffered from lack of talent. Upper management severely out of touch, made sweeping decisions affecting scores of people and multiple departments without having adequate understanding of day-to-day operations.
Pros
Flexibility, ability to work from home
Cons
Environment not nearly as open and collaborative as mgmt presents
Bomb!
Peer Mediator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 6, 2017
Fun experience learning from some of the BEST facilitators ever. Proud to have learned from them and now i'm able facilitate workshops on my own. Loved that there was no judgement everyone was so welcoming.
Not a great agency
Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2017
This agency has little direction and keeps trying to change their approach to work. Senior management is weak and didn't run the company well and the work life balance was horrible.
Great company and great people
Senior Print Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 29, 2017
RAPP is a great company to work for and great people to work with. Work/Life balance great. Very casual atmosphere. Management is good. I was with RAPP 17 years so of course I do love this place.
Pros
Free coffee, sodas and cereal
A congenial environment
Freelance senior copy editor / proofreader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 8, 2017
RAPP was a good work environment and marked the first time I'd worked at a U.S.-based advertising agency. Colleagues were friendly, helpful and professional.

Nice perks: continental breakfast, beer frig.
RAPP has been good to me for many years.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 2, 2016
RAPP is a great place to work. They appreciate the work life balance and try to maintain a fun and cultured working experience. I believe the employees there, while the work is flowing, are generally happy.
Fun workplace, free breakfast, good coworkers, opportunity to learn a lot about Human Resources, great Human Resources Generalist.
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los AngelesJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here. I learned a lot and was eager to come to work each day. The company was a little unclear with their goals and the Human Resources Director was unable to provide clear guidelines as to what she wanted from the HR Department. Her lack of communication eventually made me extremely uncomfortable that I had to find employment elsewhere.
Cons
Poor HR Director
productive and fun
Client Services Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 9, 2015
very fun work environment, I learned different skills to help me advance my career in online advertisement. the people are open to help with any issue and are there to offer advise if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the surroundings and the people
Overall, I learned and grew so much at RAPP, both personally and professionally.
RAPP Coordinator, Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
A typical day at work work for me at RAPP entailed getting to the high school, and from there having sessions with my clients, some possible group work in my office or in a classroom, and also doing a workshop in the classroom about numerous different relevant topics, some of the main ones being domestic violence 101, harassment, and healthy relationships.

I learned an abundant amount from this job. The amount of knowledge I gained about the dynamics of abusive relationships is immense, along with so many other issues that are such a problem in society today, thus so important and valuable to be knowledgeable in. And I enhanced my clinical skills and knowledge so much as well though excellent supervision from both of my clinical supervisors, as well as some incredibly informative trainings throughout my years there. Additionally, I learned a lot from peer supervision from my coworkers, who were always supportive, knowledgeable, and great to work with overall.

The hardest part of the job was the sometimes very difficult position of having to call children's services after a client had told you they were experiencing abuse of some kind. Not only was it hard to hear that this adolescent was suffering abuse, often times by the hand of a parent of close family member, and was possibly in danger, but also the second part of this very difficult experience was having to break the therapist-client relationship of confidentiality, which can be very devastating for an adolescent client whom you have built a very trusting relationship with.

It's difficult to pick just
  more... one most enjoyable part of the job, but if I had to, I would say realizing in some manner, whether I saw it for myself or the client would process and provide feedback to me, that the work you had been doing with your client has paid off, and the therapeutic relationship that you built with them led to the client's life being enhanced, or healed, or a crisis solved, etc. Having these moments was incredibly rewarding and uplifting for me.  less
Pros
Very flexible schedule, autonomous position, however still supportive environment with supervisors
Cons
No regular raises (did get raises but at random times)
Great on culture, not so great on management
Art Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2014
The best thing about RAPP is that they encourage their employees to excel, so will pay for some classes, seminars to further the growth of their employees. They want to be able to promote their employees to the next level. There are many perks that other big agencies don't have. Excellent health benefits, too.
Pros
Free breakfasts and coffee. 25 cent sodas. Free beer on Thursdays or at special events.
Cons
overworked, underpaid and burn out their employees. it's a revolving door.
Great People
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2014
RAPP is a great company to work for. The people is what makes this place enjoyable. I support a staff of 125 and learned a great deal of new experiences here. The hardest part of my job is the limited amount of available resources to make my job easier.
Pros
The people
Cons
economic instability
Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2014
great enviromentgreat enviromentgreat enviroment
A young, hip crowd.
Assistant Campaign Manager/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2013
I enjoyed my time at RAPP. Not much career advancement though.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
From Direct Marketing to Digital
SVP, Strategy and Enablement (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2013
RAPP is an old school Direct Marketing agency that is transitioning into a Digital leader. The Dallas office has a history and capability of delivering Database and Technology solutions in support of marketing communications programs.

Management works hard and leads by example. Unfortunately the Dallas office is held back by the headquarters office in New York and useless overhead resources and financial requirements.
Pros
Smart, Data Driven, Digital IP
Cons
Limited work-life balance, NY headquarter office overhead
Fun cuberhood
Jr. PeopleSoft Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 21, 2013
I appreciate the casual professional environment, range of age groups within the varied departments. It is great to incorporate social media and technology for informational briefings in a way that unites several business units/offices across the globe (UK, LA, Dallas, NY).
Pros
Festive In-House Groupings, Happy Bev Friday, Cereal Bar
Cons
Still a five day work week
Competitive advertising agency part of a big holding
HR Associate / Office Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAFebruary 12, 2013
I learned a lot while at RAPP: I've extended my knowledge and experience in HR significantly, making me an HR professional in all areas of this job, and connecting me to a large network of peers around California.

With headquarters in NYC, offices in Dallas and San Francisco, belonging to the OMNICOM Holding, Rapp has the talents and the means to compete all over the world.
Pros
company offers many opportunities to increase employees' marketability
Cons
anything you can encounter in a big holding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAPP. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight