RAPP

What people like
  • Overall satisfaction
Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Helping Homeless people.

Can be a great place to work. They just pick and choose who they help. At least they do try to help some of them. They want you to hurry up and do your job.

Pros

Pot Lucks every week

Cons

Supervisor does not listen to you.

awesome job

everyone at RAPP was amazing and so friendly. Everyone is so aware of so many social justice issues going on and how to assist young people. It is one of the best jobs i have had.

Pros

free lunch sometimes chill

Company is ok, just some people in the engineer are terrible, the SVP is great

The management of engineers in Chicago office is terrible. They don't know how to manage or who to promote. One person created a toxic environment, and they put this person at a very important level which affect more of others. So you will see people leave, because it's hard to work with this kind of person. When joined this company expectation was high, wanted to help everyone, anytime there's something need I would want to contribute, until I get to work with this person.I was thinking if this is the kind of person we get to work with then why would I want to waste my time being here?

Pros

many nice people, good amount of holidays off, good work life balance

Cons

everything else

Productive Workspace

leadership is okay, good people, great coworkers, turnover rate isn't that good. They cannot retain employees. Office politics are heavy and take control over good work.

no structure at all, Dont apply for an IT position there!

Lack of leadership and unity among the management team. Team members are very smart and collaborate well with each other. The parent company is great and brilliant at marketing.

Pros

pay is great

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Awful culture

I've worked in several agencies over the course of my career. And, RAPP stands out as having one of the worst cultures I've ever encountered. While the Dallas office was better, the Los Angeles office -- positioned as Dallas' leader -- was full of overinflated egos, morale-deteriorating politics and ineffective leadership. Bloated. Inefficient. Slow. A real buzz-killer.

beautiful office, convenient location, pet friendy

this is a great place to work if you're a project manager. not so much if you're looking for collaboration, thought sharing, creativity. if you get hired, don't ask too many questions and just turn the work out. leave at 5.

Pros

dog friendly

Run!

The job culture had negative energy. Management often unreliable, quickly became self efficient under stressful environments. The lack of professionalism, if we lost a client, management would often verbally abuse employees.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Great people and agency culture

RAPP employees are incredibly helpful, open, and personable people. From an intern perspective, I always felt like I could speak up and ask questions without feeling judged or unwanted. I liked this aspect because it made me feel like a valued part of the community.

Pros

Great people

Not International friendly company

I wouldn't recommend it to internationals who are on visa. My team was good but the management practices are loose. Within 6 months of my joining, my client left and apparently this was expected even before my joining. Being on H1-B, this is like walking on a sword.

Great place to work at, Great people there.

RAPP was a great place to work at, everyone there was great. The management was great. The salary was nice. I would recommend it to other people .....

Pros

Good Breaks

Cons

Temporary Job

Poor Management, but the rest of the crew is great

Still stuck in the 20th century. They know how to use data to inform their campaign, but as far as development of their applications goes, they need to really catch up with the competition.

Pros

Fun events, friendly environment, project management is always super organized, amazing QA department.

Cons

Fear-based motivation, poor ability to adopt and keep on the cutting edge of tech, managers don't necessarily know tech it's just whoever talks the loudest and talks the most wins

a fun agency environment

I enjoyed working with a great team of talented people for the Time Warner Cable account. As their lead designer for all direct mail, I enjoyed coming up with creative solutions that were out of the box.

Fun place to work

Project based company with many employees worldwide. Lots of opportunity for advancement, or relocation if desired. Collaborative atmosphere spanning a variety of many clients.

Ad Agency Life

Any position in this company required you to justify your hours. If you had a project manager who gave you busy work you could stay around for ever but if a client project ended there was a good chance of getting fired even if your skills could be used on another project.

Pros

fun team building

Cons

entire teams let go with projects, bad hours, lots of back stabbing

Poor upper management, good people in the trenches

Department managers often undercut by upper-level management, poor leadership from mid- to high-level. Creative department suffered from lack of talent. Upper management severely out of touch, made sweeping decisions affecting scores of people and multiple departments without having adequate understanding of day-to-day operations.

Pros

Flexibility, ability to work from home

Cons

Environment not nearly as open and collaborative as mgmt presents

Bomb!

Fun experience learning from some of the BEST facilitators ever. Proud to have learned from them and now i'm able facilitate workshops on my own. Loved that there was no judgement everyone was so welcoming.

Not a great agency

This agency has little direction and keeps trying to change their approach to work. Senior management is weak and didn't run the company well and the work life balance was horrible.

Great company and great people

RAPP is a great company to work for and great people to work with. Work/Life balance great. Very casual atmosphere. Management is good. I was with RAPP 17 years so of course I do love this place.

Pros

Free coffee, sodas and cereal

A congenial environment

RAPP was a good work environment and marked the first time I'd worked at a U.S.-based advertising agency. Colleagues were friendly, helpful and professional. Nice perks: continental breakfast, beer frig.

RAPP has been good to me for many years.

RAPP is a great place to work. They appreciate the work life balance and try to maintain a fun and cultured working experience. I believe the employees there, while the work is flowing, are generally happy.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RAPP. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.3Personal Development
3.9Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight