RAPPAHANNOCK COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VAJuly 2, 2018
I Loved being an Intern, great place to work and go to school. Management was very understanding and excellent with work ethics. I learned office skills, which helped me gain Administration knowledge for my future endeavors.
Pros
Gained new office skills and great work ethics.
Rappahannock Community College
Office Admin Specialist Financial Aid (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, VAJanuary 21, 2018
I work in the financial aid department, so it is very busy for back to school.My hours are 8:00am-_4:30 pm. I have a desktop computer with two screens and a scanner to scan in important documents.I answer phones to make appointments, file fasfa applications with students and their parents.The hardest part is getting the students to turn in paperwork on time to be processed.I enjoy meeting people and assisting them with their future in signing up for their classes and getting the funds to do it,
productive and well rounded job
Upward Bound Program, Tutor Mentor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VA 22572May 14, 2017
typical day was a great day overall because I went to school there so when I finished up my work I had spare time to complete my college work. truly one of the best jobs
Pros
school work done, getting good pay
Great organization
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VAMarch 15, 2017
RCC Upward Bound Program was more of a family program. I have nothing but great things to say about the program, staff, and anyone who contributed to it.
Going back at the age of forty.
Federal Work Study Program Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glenns, VAMay 27, 2016
This was the turning point in my life since I had been out of high school for almost twenty years and from the bottom, Rappahannock Community College helped me to achieve an Associates'. I might also add with a 3.475 GPA and they supported me through the extremely hard courses like, College Algebra and English 112. I would recommend this Community College to anyone who needs a turning point in their life as I did.
Pros
Free tutoring was availble, as needed.
Cons
It was a little bit a ride to get to the school from Newport News, Va.
Great Place to Work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VAApril 21, 2016
I would answer the phones, check in books, answer any and all questions that the patrons would have. I would do all of this with a smile on my face and good attitude.
Take advantage of every educational and career advancement opportunity.
Laboratory Aide (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, VASeptember 22, 2015
The work itself is pleasant, but opportunities for advancement are few. Depending on your role, you may not feel engaged with the broader community.
Curriculum
Nursing Student Clinical Rotation (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, VAAugust 8, 2015
The standard of education at RCC is very high. They pushed us to our limits and beyond to produce a 97% rate of the NCLEX first time taken. My class now has 100% pass rate. The semester of my graduation they became nationally certified through ACEN.
Doing what I love is math
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, VANovember 4, 2014
I get to help students with math. Not every student can get math. My day would consist of breaks when I need it and I can still work on school work as needed as long as no one has any questions. I have laughable moments with students and teachers. I enjo every minute of it.
Pros
Can still do school work, manage it around schedule
Cons
no cons
Warm enviroment, growing population, and thriving opportunities.
College Success Coach/ Instructor (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, VAApril 8, 2014
Warm enviroment, growing population, and thriving opportunities.
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glenns, VAJuly 2, 2013
Great place to work. No one day is every like another. Friendly co-workers.
Great Job learned a great deal about technology from this job.
Network Administrator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warsaw VirginiaDecember 15, 2011
The College was a opportunity for me to learn a great deal about computers and how they operate.