Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services Employee Reviews

Repetitive with numerous responsibilities
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAApril 4, 2019
After working in the same group home for over one year with the same clients, the job became pretty much routine and mundane. I did feel good about providing care for the clients but the job came with a number of responsibilities such as: Grocery shopping along with meal planning and preparation. Verifying doctors order and dispensing medications. Supporting/assisting clients with completing ADL's. Supporting clients with budgeting and monthly spending. Supporting clients with participating in social activities and community integration. Scheduling appointments, transporting to/from and supporting clients during appointments. Developing Person Centered Plan and performing quarterly reviews of primary client. House keeping and other duties/tasks as assigned.
Pros
Stable working environment
Cons
No scheduled breaks, Have to find coverage if you want to take time off
Love what I do, but not the organization
Day Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Elkwood, VA 22718December 18, 2018
Love my job but have some serious doubts about the management of the company. Disorganized is an understatement. It is stressful to both employees and the people we serve.
Pros
Working with the individuals
Cons
Poor management
A job to build your resume
Support Coordinator/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VADecember 8, 2018
Overall working here wasn’t too difficult. The caseloads are what to be expected for the most part. However management is terrible. There’s a lot of favoritism and office politics that make it incredibly difficult to do your job effectively. The clients are the least of the trouble at this place. There’s hardly ANY room for growth unless someone dies or leaves. Do no expect an increase. The benefits are the worst I’ve ever seen at any job that I’ve worked at. It’s actually cheaper to pay for a funeral than afford the healthcare yearly here. Overall this was a good stepping stone to add to my resume. How people stay here for 5 and 10 years? Well either their spouse is well off and this job is for shopping money or they just are waiting until their dream job calls. The only good thing is scheduling. 8:30-4:30 daily isn’t too bad and everybody gets off at 4:30. Overall if you need a job that’s not too hard and pays enough to shop and pay a FEW bills this is the place
Pros
Work/life balance, nice location for variety at lunch.
Cons
Healthcare, no room for growth, growth not worth the headache, poor management, obvious favoritism, poor office etiquette, no professionalism in departments.
Friendly environment to work, with a experience staff.
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Warrenton, VAAugust 31, 2018
Very friendly environment to work with a different culture. This is a place that I will recommend for everyone who is willingness to learn and support the individuals we for.
Horrible Management
Substance Abuse Technician (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAFebruary 17, 2018
There was no response to repeated assertions of employee fraud. Management just looked the other way. Low morale as a result. Co-workers often created and spread gossip without ramifications. Managers often condemn but never compliment. Thirty minute lunch break with no opportunity to leave work space if you have time to eat.
Pros
Working with the clients.
Cons
Unlimited smoke breaks for some and no breaks for others, Low pay with little chance for advancement
A productive Company to work for.
GROUP HOME SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJanuary 11, 2018
My typical work day is making sure the group home meets all State, county and local licensing guidelines. Assessing client needs; training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; preparing and maintaining files and records; preparing reports.
No Holiday pay given if you do not work the holiday.
Direct Support Professional (DSP) II (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMay 24, 2017
Staff shortages. No annual raises. Work not dispersed equally. Overworked and never appreciated honestly. The harder you work the less recognition.
Cons
Agency not a fourth as good as it was 10 years ago.
Love working with my clients
Residential Counselor II (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMarch 19, 2017
I Love the clients that I work with. I do think the job duties out weighs the compensation. The healthcare is expensive for families. They due offer HSA where they match what you put towards the HSA.
Pros
The Clients
Cons
healthcare
Enjoyable place to work
F/A (Current Employee) –  Bradford RDNovember 23, 2016
My supervisor is amazing. I get good support from her which makes my job so much easier. Everyone in our group works well together. We have good laughs to help at some difficult times. We are there for each other and willing to help each other out when special projects are needed to be completed.
Pros
Good support for the most part
Cons
you always have someone that can be difficult to work with no matter where you go
Great Culture and Management
Finance & Administrative Division (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VANovember 21, 2016
Management: My manager, and senior manager are absolutely amazing! They work hard and also respond well to new ideas. They actively try to incorporate new ideas and everyone's distinct view into new projects.

Co-Workers: My co-workers are great, funny, hardworking people. If any urgent projects come up, they are always there to help whenever possible.

Most Enjoyable Part: I love working with our employees. They are all so positive and happy to work with our clients. They really care about the quality of service they produce and it is very refreshing.
Variety of working Experience
SED/At-Risk Child Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMarch 14, 2015
Days vary depending on what role you play within the company. Most days are high paced and I find myself always busy. The Company strives to assist you in learning new things and new ways to do your job.
The therapeutic team I work with has many distinct personalities that makes it easy to fit in and feel welcomed.
Pros
Free Lunch at least 1x a month
Cons
Health Insurance Costs
Like meeting new residents
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMarch 4, 2014
I loved working for this company, the residents that I took care of I treated like family.
A job you will love with co-worker you might not like....
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJuly 30, 2012
I loved working around people and being able to help adults in need learn to have better lives and a better community experience. I being able to have many days off, with good compensation and benefits, but during my tenure management was frequently unfair, biased, and unclear on expectations and schedule. Co-worker issues abounded in this agency because it frequently seemed as though there weren't consistent employee rules and regulations. I loved the clients I worked for but had some of the most negative management interactions and co-worker interactions I have ever had at a job.
Pros
good pay, great benefits, flexible schedules, opportunity for overtime
Cons
poor management control of employees, seemingly inconsistent/unfair treatment
Very fulfilling work
Residential Counselor (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAJuly 23, 2012
Friendly work enviroment, very fast pace work, must be a multi tasker. Assisting in daily hyigene,drive comsumers to all appts.as well as vacations. Lots of daily paper work. medication adm. Teaching basic living skills, and being able to make quick decisions. Have to know how to work with others, the job is very physical. Being able to teach others is very rewarding, and knowing that the people you help appreciate the time you spend with them.The most enjoyable part of the job (Long story.. is watching someone become independent and grow.)
Pros
down time
Cons
alot of nosie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

Rappahannock Rapidan Community Services Reviews by Location