Raritan Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Medical Biller (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 21, 2018
nice place to work and average benefits.
Learned lot about medical billing, medicaid , customer service
Overall present experience and nice place
No different than anywhere else
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 9, 2018
Better benefits available to non hospital employees, new management very absent, not in touch with employees, older employees not recognized or appreciated for their dedication. Does not promote a sense of caring or interest in their employees. Often feels like a business with the bottom line as the driving force behind everything that is done. Management uses scare tactics and coercion to getting employees to comply with all the changes since takeover. Not a healthy work environment for new employees at all.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Awful benefits, poor management styles, lower than averge pay scale
It’s ok to work here. However the pay is very poor.
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 14, 2018
Poor salary not much of acknowledgement. If one is it a nurse you don’t get much pros. Advancement is minimal unless you become a nurse or a technician.
Great place to work and grow.
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 21, 2018
Great staff to work with. Supportive management. Continued Education benefits. Very good benefits. Shared governance committees. Very good interdisciplinary team work. Very good Nurse/Doctor working relationships. Magnet Award x2. Improvement needed with Nurse:Patient ratio.
Pros
Excellent Nurse Residency Program
Cons
Nurse:Patient ratio.
Great exposure
Ultrasound Technician (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJNovember 20, 2018
Raritan Bay Medical Center was my first job after graduating. I believe it was the fundamentals of my career. I definitely learned a lot. For me it was a great experience and my coworker were wonderful with helping me learn
Pros
always had a break and a lunch
Cons
I didn't like doing call 7 days straight
Raritan Bay Medical Center is a magnet Hospital.
RN (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJJanuary 31, 2019
Raritan Bay Medical Center is a magnet Hospital. It is a small community facility that offers family centered care. It is a 90 bed hospital. Management cares about their employees, and they have open door policy. Every employee is recognized and contributes to the day to day organisational matters.It has received 3 magnet designation for nursing care excellence.
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  NJDecember 2, 2018
• Excellent time management skills by analyzing the workload that has been given, assigning priorities, and maintaining focus on each patient
• Conducted ultrasound exams on first, second, and third trimester pregnancies
• Worked closely with Maternal Fetal Medicine Specialists and technologists

Learning new techniques and many pathologies there can be. The techs I worked with were phenomenal.
Terrible Place to Work.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJNovember 27, 2018
Management is very unprofessional. All judgements/examinations are biased. Treat workers unfairly/poorly. Care entirely too much about nail polish, break scheduling and music etc other than actually important matters of the operation.
Fun Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJanuary 27, 2019
Raritan Bay Medical Center makes coming to work enjoyable. There is great teamwork and we get along well. We work together to ensure the best outcomes for the patient. Evidence based nursing is the core of our practice.
educational and diverse
Externship (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJanuary 24, 2019
The work is divided between everyone in the pharmacy and so people know exactly what they are doing once they come in. It is fast paced but also educational because everyone is willing to help out whenever there is a question or concern to make sure that everything is completed and accurate.
Pros
work is divided fairly
good place for new nurses
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJAugust 19, 2018
raritan bay has a high acquity with low percentage of overwhelming traumas. perfect for a new nurse to get experience.

Would recommend a new nurse this position, after a year however it is time to move on due to management and minimal tight space.
Pros
close to home
Cons
space, nurse safety compromised
Work is fine, but not a lot of opportunity to grow up in the career
Cafeteria Aid (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 11, 2018
Typical day at work going crazy. Workplace culture need more improve. The hardest part of the job - i like that job. All jobs are kind of hard. During my working period in that place I learned a lot of different things.
Excellent place to grow your career
Sr. Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 27, 2018
Senior leadership provides the opportunity for all employees to participate in decision making processes. Employees were kept informed of issues affecting the Medical Center, very transparent communication.
Productive fast paced position
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 20, 2018
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is meeting with the patient and their family. My Peers are a pleasure to work with and support each other in job delivery to provide effective discharge plans.

Activities for employees are recognized by Corporate as essential in becoming a hospital family.

I have acquired increased diversity through patient interactions daily.

Increased knowledge and healthcare delivery should be recognized by acute care nurses ( i.e. information on PTA function, current lab work and the contents of what provides an in depth report of medical information pertinent to the present admisison
Pros
Employee Recognition -
Cons
Cleanliness
Staff nurse
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 14, 2018
I started as a new LPN in April of 1979.
I worked 20 yrs. as staff nurse on 3-11 pm shift on 35 pt. unit we were always busy. We had all type of pt. with different needs I learned something new every day. Management was tough they dealt with they mass not the individual. The workplace culture was ever changing but the group I worked with were like family we worked like a will oil machine. The hardest part of the job was working short handed. The most enjoyable part was seeing sick pt. returning to good health and being discharged to home.
Pros
Growth of a nurse skills
Cons
Working short staff and being pulled.
Good Experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyAugust 4, 2018
I would help patients perform exercises by giving equipment, verbal cues, or supervision. This experience help me learn how to give proper verbal. For example you should direct patients towards objects instead of body parts. I also learned how a physical therapy department operates. Everyone in the department are friendly. Nobody would try and give others trouble. Nothing was particularly difficult about volunteering. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching patients make progress or hearing about the progress.
Pros
free lunch, free parking
Cons
Not Paid (but its volunteering)
Nice Group of people to work with
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Raritan Bay, all of the staff have been very pleasant and made the work hours enjoyable. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Management is a HUGE problem
Nursing unit assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 16, 2018
Unfortunately they are the lowest paid hospital probably in the state, the management hires their family members (regardless of experience) before current workers.IT HAPPENS ALOT...they have no appreciation for people that are really good at their jobs and committed. Lack of respect to Nurses that been there for years. I will say its management because ALL the employees at Old Bridge are incredibly Kind, Caring and HARD workers.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Very low pay youll make more at Wawa
Fun Workplace
Medical Records Clerk (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 23, 2016
This is my first time working at this facility and based on my experience at this hospital a great place to work at, i don't interact with patients but i will love to, but i have started off as a volunteer last year 2015 in July and i heard there was an opening in my department so i apply for the position and spoke with my supervisor and director with my department, i got interviewed and a week later i got hired on the spot in october 2015 Per diem shift and i am still here. There are a lot of great people here to work with. There are room for advancement and great opportunities to learn and grow. Management and Directors are great and there to help you when you need any assistance. They even help you and encourage to apply to any jobs you are interested in. You have to know what you want and love what you do and if you can't identify that then you need to speak up and talk to you boss because you will never grow in this field and will miss out on a good opportunity for you that will help you build your skills and they will never know what's going on with you. You should always and i mean always show that you are willing to learn and be willing to help, that's how you get good ratings of your performances and raises. You should always a "WILL CAN" attitude and remind others why did you choose to work there in that facility because you have goals you will like to achieve and wish to fulfill it. If your goal is to save lives or provide support,then you will have to prove that are the most relying person who can do that. These people i see everyday, are good hard working people.  more... They are very nice.Its up to you if you want to do the job or not. The only problem i have with them is when you apply for a position, internal or external, they take so long to call you and they will automatically reject your application without notifying you. They also don't give any reasoning why you weren't chosen for the giving position you show interest in which they should, so that they don't give a person thinking or to question themselves why their application weren't selected for the position, in the beginning i was having a hard time getting in this hospital for whatever reason, but im glad my volunteer experience took me this far to get me in and im happy to say that i don't want to leave this place.  less
Pros
Best place to learn and grow, keep applying to jobs, you can speak to your manager about certain positions open and they will help you
Cons
Its really hard to get in unless you have experience or know someone there.
interesting and rewarding work
Member of intravenous team (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 9, 2013
I have worked at this community hospital for 12 years. In that time I have developed as a vascular access specialist in bedside ultrasound magnetic guidance peropherlly inserted central lines. I have been a resource for the hospital. I have also taight nursing students as well as medical students in the art of intravenous access.The benefits have been reduced. It is a magnet institution. Advancement is limited and management progressive only to government regulations.I work Monday - Friday 8 hours.Typically the day starts with a staff huddle to evaluate patient visits and prioritize picc insertions. I came to this hospital to gain as much knowledge as possible about central vascular access. I have done this as well as keeping up with my professional associations. The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude to the lack of innovation. I love working with the patients. Teaching them and working along side of them as the most important part of the team.
Pros
patient education teaching both nursing staff and medical staff
Cons
health care benefits lack of professionalism