Raritan Bay Medical Center Employee Reviews

Excellent place to grow your career
Sr. Director, Finance (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 27, 2018
Senior leadership provides the opportunity for all employees to participate in decision making processes. Employees were kept informed of issues affecting the Medical Center, very transparent communication.
Productive fast paced position
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 20, 2018
The most enjoyable aspect of the job is meeting with the patient and their family. My Peers are a pleasure to work with and support each other in job delivery to provide effective discharge plans.

Activities for employees are recognized by Corporate as essential in becoming a hospital family.

I have acquired increased diversity through patient interactions daily.

Increased knowledge and healthcare delivery should be recognized by acute care nurses ( i.e. information on PTA function, current lab work and the contents of what provides an in depth report of medical information pertinent to the present admisison
Pros
Employee Recognition -
Cons
Cleanliness
Work is fine, but not a lot of opportunity to grow up in the career
Cafeteria Aid (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 11, 2018
Typical day at work going crazy. Workplace culture need more improve. The hardest part of the job - i like that job. All jobs are kind of hard. During my working period in that place I learned a lot of different things.
Nice Group of people to work with
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 27, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Raritan Bay, all of the staff have been very pleasant and made the work hours enjoyable. I would recommend anyone to work there.
No different than anywhere else
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJuly 9, 2018
Better benefits available to non hospital employees, new management very absent, not in touch with employees, older employees not recognized or appreciated for their dedication. Does not promote a sense of caring or interest in their employees. Often feels like a business with the bottom line as the driving force behind everything that is done. Management uses scare tactics and coercion to getting employees to comply with all the changes since takeover. Not a healthy work environment for new employees at all.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Awful benefits, poor management styles, lower than averge pay scale
It’s ok to work here. However the pay is very poor.
Unit Assistant (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJJune 14, 2018
Poor salary not much of acknowledgement. If one is it a nurse you don’t get much pros. Advancement is minimal unless you become a nurse or a technician.
Management is a HUGE problem
Nursing unit assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMay 16, 2018
Unfortunately they are the lowest paid hospital probably in the state, the management hires their family members (regardless of experience) before current workers.IT HAPPENS ALOT...they have no appreciation for people that are really good at their jobs and committed. Lack of respect to Nurses that been there for years. I will say its management because ALL the employees at Old Bridge are incredibly Kind, Caring and HARD workers.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Very low pay youll make more at Wawa
rotation student
APPE Hospital Rotation Student (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 16, 2018
I did 2 rotations here at Raritan Bay Medical Center. I love it here. The people here have been there for their lives. It is amazing. The food is a bit oily
Staff nurse
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMay 14, 2018
I started as a new LPN in April of 1979.
I worked 20 yrs. as staff nurse on 3-11 pm shift on 35 pt. unit we were always busy. We had all type of pt. with different needs I learned something new every day. Management was tough they dealt with they mass not the individual. The workplace culture was ever changing but the group I worked with were like family we worked like a will oil machine. The hardest part of the job was working short handed. The most enjoyable part was seeing sick pt. returning to good health and being discharged to home.
Pros
Growth of a nurse skills
Cons
Working short staff and being pulled.
Fun work place
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJApril 24, 2018
I had the best experienced. Its a place where you can called it a second home. We work as a team we help each others. Patient is always our first priority.
Great place to work and grow.
Case Management (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 21, 2018
Great staff to work with. Supportive management. Continued Education benefits. Very good benefits. Shared governance committees. Very good interdisciplinary team work. Very good Nurse/Doctor working relationships. Magnet Award x2. Improvement needed with Nurse:Patient ratio.
Pros
Excellent Nurse Residency Program
Cons
Nurse:Patient ratio.
interesting place to work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 15, 2018
learned a lot at this job. I was a unit secretary as well as a patient care assistant. so I have had a lot of secretarial work. answering phones and speaking with doctors.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
stressful environment
good..nice people..nice experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJApril 11, 2018
Good experience...learn i lot... good nice supervisor..good team work..good nurses ans nice security...good food true the kichen and to the coffe shoop.
Emotionally Taxing
Unit Assistant (Former Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJApril 10, 2018
The hardest part of my job was dealing with patients who would never recovered. It was very difficult for me to see suffering and constant pain.Watching families see their loved ones in the hospital was painful process. I would like to have an environment with positive and more productive outcomes.
Ok place to work
Cash Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 13, 2018
Nice work place, employees very nice but over worked. Information was relayed in a timely manner from managers Vacations were granted graciously and easy for patients to get to hospital
Bariatric Nurse Navigator (Current Employee) –  Old Bridge, NJMarch 12, 2018
A community minded organization. Staff get along well.Recently merged with Hackensack-Merdian which will bring added services. Overall good work environment.
Nice Environment
Coder (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 11, 2018
Small hospital with low salaries, great employees and good customer service. Actively involved in the community. Cares about providing the best care for all patients.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Low Salaries
great place to work enjoyed helping patients and makinga difference
Patoemt saftey sitter . (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 8, 2018
I enjoyed working for raritain bay at the time i had to go to college and had to resign . I look foward to work fulltime and develope a career if given the opportunity.
Pros
Free lunch great staff very friendly and helpful
ER director and security director both stink and should be fired.
Physician Asst (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJ 08861March 5, 2018
Work was fast paced , because i worked the ER , ER Director was non supportive , he was out to protect himself and please others only .

Work was hard and stressful at times , but work was worst with no support from the ER director .
Pros
good work helping people
Cons
poor management, especially ER director and security director
Inner-city hospital
Overnight X-ray and CAT scan tech (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJMarch 1, 2018
Difficult overnight hours
Difficult patients on overnight shift
management would never back you up when dealing with difficult patients that misbehave
Pros
Decent people
Cons
Managment just do not care