Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

Great teams, wonderful management
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  National OnlineSeptember 14, 2018
As a tutor, the typical work day included sending and responding to e-mail and meeting with students in a web conference room for tutoring sessions. Becoming a tutor requires CRLA certification through a class, completing 25 tutoring hours, and attending a set amount of required webinars, as well as a set amount of elective webinars. The workplace culture is wonderful and full of an incredibly supportive group of tutors and Learning Service Coordinators. Tutoring helps hone communication, time management, presentation, and leadership skills, as well as helps the tutor fully understand their field of study. The most enjoyable aspect is working with students and feeling like you actually make a difference. The hardest part is the tutoring sessions can sometimes be back to back with little to no break room in between. Hours
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, fantastic supervisors and managers
Cons
limited hours
Excellent place to learn, while obtaining work experience.
Student (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Rasmussen College was a place where, I grew academically. Versatility was adapted through learning and creativity, while maintaining special skills through role playing that would prepare an individual for employment.
Pros
Provides its students with clear working knowledge of what to expect in your career.
Online student/Work study employee
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FlSeptember 8, 2018
I have been a student since November, 2017 and just started as a work study employee this week. I have had great relationships with all my instructors and a great relationship with the campus staff.
Pros
Great work enviroment, great staff
Supportive work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 27, 2018
Great place to start off a nursing instructor career. Questions answered in a timely, supportive environment. Encouraged to go the extra creative mile for students
great
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 25, 2018
I loved working for this place, my manager was super understanding and would help me with issues at anytime. Tutoring was not stressful and the manager made sure we had the tools we needed to assist in our jobs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not a lot of hours
Nice place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 30, 2018
Got very good domain knowledge of industry and learned lot on automation and all projects .

Learn lot for database testing at this place..............
Fun co-workers
Administrative Assistant for two Vice Presidents (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 23, 2018
A good work environment working with fun-loving co-workers, people with good work ethics. Great benefits and employee events. Lots of hard work that comes with stress to meet deadlines.
Beware
Admissions Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 23, 2018
If you are expecting to counsel and guide students to future success this is not the job for you. They talk about team collaboration and team success but it means nothing for you individually if you don't meet your goals every time. Every possible statistic is tracked. You get vacation and sick time but are discouraged from using it because they will only be concerned with your goal and metrics. Inquiry flow sucks. You primarily call the same dead end leads within a small radius of your campus. Any good leads you do get you'll have to worry about your "teammates" stealing them. Lead/inquiry protection is not to the benefit of a new hire making it difficult to start off successfully. Leadership plays "mind games" with the deranged sense that they are motivating you to keep your job. Would not recommend.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
Management, work-life balance
Enjoyable Enviroment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 1, 2018
Working at Rasmussen College has so many benefits, even as being a work-study. I have learned communication, time management, organization, and so much more. I can't say there is anything hard about my job, very little cons. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the other employees and interaction with students and guests.
Pros
Ability to do school work during doen-time
Cons
Not applicable
Very good place for students to learn
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 29, 2018
Prepared the classroom for class and assisted instructors in the classroom. Assisted the students with any questions and with their competencies. Filed and scanned student records. Management was very professional I was able to talk to them when I had an issue. There really wasn't anything hard about the job I enjoyed going to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
No room for advancement but great part-time to help with school expenses
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Rasmussen. Rasmussen College offers a program for students that is the federal work study program. The program enables students to work as tutors or in other positions within the college with the goal of making extra money to pay for college expenses while being an active student. Management was very productive and inspiring. Management instilled great work ethic and taught me the importance of email etiquette and excellent customer relation skills. A rewarding part of this job was being able to work remotely.
Amazing place to work with supportive staff
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 27, 2018
I really enjoy being employed at Rasmussen College. I have learned a tremendous amount and I truly enjoy those who I work with. It has been a rewarding experience for me to be able to help foster and mentor nursing students in my area. I look forward to continuing my journey with Rasmussen in the future. They compensate their employees well and offer many opportunities for continuing education. They also are very generous to their staff and students often offering pot lucks, meals, special days etc. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Awesome Enviroment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 25, 2018
Just the environment influences you to be a better more motivated person! And management rocks and very accommodating! Weekends are not required and they will work with you with anything!!!
Pros
Awesome all the way around
Cons
pay could be a little more
Online instructor
Online Professor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 11, 2018
A typical day was logging into reviewing the comments and questions of students, grading assignments, posting comments on lesson, and calling students who did not submit assignments.
Pros
Love working with students online
Cons
Hating when job ended
For profit college focused on innovative teaching strategies
Adjunct Faculty (Nursing and Medical Assisting) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 31, 2018
For profit private college focused on student-centered learning. Supportive leadership, qualified faculty, and excellent support staff. Small student population within multiple healthcare related programs.
Pros
No drama among employees
Cons
Corporate business decisions limit autonomy of local campus
autonomy and independence are available
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 29, 2018
Autonomy and independence are available in the Instructor/ faculty positions. It is fast paced as it is an accelerated program for the professional nursing degree however good instructors are valued. The students are awesome and at the higher levels are really taking initiative. The beginning nursing courses are challenging to teach as the population is very diverse in age, culture and socio-economic backgrounds. It is rewarding to see them graduate and step into the future of nursing.
Pros
Seeing students achieve their dreams and go from basic skills to advanced learning and skills.
Cons
It is an evolving program and requires a lot of work.
Stressful
Student (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 25, 2018
Quick eduction, but challenging. If you desire to teach yourself, have questionable clinical sites, have little or no voice in anything, and be willing to sacrifice everything, then this is the place to go to school.
Pros
fast admission
Cons
very self-directed, challenging, little communication
Worst employment experience of my life
Nursing Instructor -Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 3, 2018
The management is completely unaware of what policies they are supposed to follow. The communication is extremely lacking. They are a business and the only concern is profit.

I learned that I am replaceable and not valued as an educator or a human.

The corporation's priority is strictly public image. They do not care about their employees or students. The company admits that all of their decisions are based on "best business practices."

I feel this is a horrible misrepresentation of what healthcare is about and does not align with the standards of nursing, which include to treat all patients with great dignity and respect always.
Cons
Curriculum is not developed, often coming up witth my own classroom materials. NO Standardization!
Work study positions great to get you through school
Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 3, 2018
Management was amazing. Willing to teach and are understanding of class schedules. Pay and benefits are really out of their hands, but it's great PT work for students trying to find something that works with class schedules.
Great Students Poor Management
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 30, 2018
Teaching, supervising clinical. Elected Professor of the quarter by students. Rules do not seem to apply to all students. So students got more consideration than others by the administration.
Pros
location
Cons
colleagues were clinicians not educators

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rasmussen College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight