Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

Very good place for students to learn
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 29, 2018
Prepared the classroom for class and assisted instructors in the classroom. Assisted the students with any questions and with their competencies. Filed and scanned student records. Management was very professional I was able to talk to them when I had an issue. There really wasn't anything hard about the job I enjoyed going to work.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
n/a
No room for advancement but great part-time to help with school expenses
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 29, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Rasmussen. Rasmussen College offers a program for students that is the federal work study program. The program enables students to work as tutors or in other positions within the college with the goal of making extra money to pay for college expenses while being an active student. Management was very productive and inspiring. Management instilled great work ethic and taught me the importance of email etiquette and excellent customer relation skills. A rewarding part of this job was being able to work remotely.
Amazing place to work with supportive staff
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJune 27, 2018
I really enjoy being employed at Rasmussen College. I have learned a tremendous amount and I truly enjoy those who I work with. It has been a rewarding experience for me to be able to help foster and mentor nursing students in my area. I look forward to continuing my journey with Rasmussen in the future. They compensate their employees well and offer many opportunities for continuing education. They also are very generous to their staff and students often offering pot lucks, meals, special days etc. I would highly recommend working for this company.
Awesome Enviroment!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Wausau, WIJune 25, 2018
Just the environment influences you to be a better more motivated person! And management rocks and very accommodating! Weekends are not required and they will work with you with anything!!!
Pros
Awesome all the way around
Cons
pay could be a little more
Online instructor
Online Professor (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJune 11, 2018
A typical day was logging into reviewing the comments and questions of students, grading assignments, posting comments on lesson, and calling students who did not submit assignments.
Pros
Love working with students online
Cons
Hating when job ended
For profit college focused on innovative teaching strategies
Adjunct Faculty (Nursing and Medical Assisting) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 31, 2018
For profit private college focused on student-centered learning. Supportive leadership, qualified faculty, and excellent support staff. Small student population within multiple healthcare related programs.
Pros
No drama among employees
Cons
Corporate business decisions limit autonomy of local campus
autonomy and independence are available
Nurse Educator (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNMay 29, 2018
Autonomy and independence are available in the Instructor/ faculty positions. It is fast paced as it is an accelerated program for the professional nursing degree however good instructors are valued. The students are awesome and at the higher levels are really taking initiative. The beginning nursing courses are challenging to teach as the population is very diverse in age, culture and socio-economic backgrounds. It is rewarding to see them graduate and step into the future of nursing.
Pros
Seeing students achieve their dreams and go from basic skills to advanced learning and skills.
Cons
It is an evolving program and requires a lot of work.
Stressful
Student (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 25, 2018
Quick eduction, but challenging. If you desire to teach yourself, have questionable clinical sites, have little or no voice in anything, and be willing to sacrifice everything, then this is the place to go to school.
Pros
fast admission
Cons
very self-directed, challenging, little communication
Worst employment experience of my life
Nursing Instructor -Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMay 3, 2018
The management is completely unaware of what policies they are supposed to follow. The communication is extremely lacking. They are a business and the only concern is profit.

I learned that I am replaceable and not valued as an educator or a human.

The corporation's priority is strictly public image. They do not care about their employees or students. The company admits that all of their decisions are based on "best business practices."

I feel this is a horrible misrepresentation of what healthcare is about and does not align with the standards of nursing, which include to treat all patients with great dignity and respect always.
Cons
Curriculum is not developed, often coming up witth my own classroom materials. NO Standardization!
Work study positions great to get you through school
Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteMay 3, 2018
Management was amazing. Willing to teach and are understanding of class schedules. Pay and benefits are really out of their hands, but it's great PT work for students trying to find something that works with class schedules.
Great Students Poor Management
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNApril 30, 2018
Teaching, supervising clinical. Elected Professor of the quarter by students. Rules do not seem to apply to all students. So students got more consideration than others by the administration.
Pros
location
Cons
colleagues were clinicians not educators
Job was good college just sucks
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLApril 26, 2018
working at Rasmussen was fine the people are nice both staff and most students. The school however if you aren’t going to nursing then there is no reason to go to Rasmussen.
Good people, Poor Management
Transfer Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLApril 12, 2018
Excessive meetings to update staff of most recent changes. Constant changes, sometimes monthly, in workflow procedures with no real time table to execute implemented changes.
Student
Business Project Management (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNApril 2, 2018
I was only a student going through a course. I had a lot of fun working with other classmates with project managing.The instructor was very helpful answering my questions.
A fantastic opportunity
PEER TUTOR (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 19, 2018
I was a work from home Peer Tutor. The job fell under work study category. It was a great opportunity for myself to continue to brush up on the skills I learned in various classes as I needed to get a "B" or better to tutor in them. I recommend anyone who is eligible for work study to apply for it, it gives you a great background and opportunity to further connect with the school.
Pros
Possibility to work from home
Work study job
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 19, 2018
It was very easy and slow paced. It was a job where I was able to get school work done more than anything which helped a lot. I learned how to use fax/printer/copier, sent off mail, ordered supplies and completed projects and tasks that were asked of me.
College
Financial officer (Former Employee) –  OCALA FLMarch 12, 2018
Work environment was very hostile, management did not know how to manage. No structure, this was the best place for me to go to school but one of my worst jobs.
Pros
The long lasting friendships made
I enjoyed working there
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 27, 2018
I enjoyed teaching at Rasmussen. I learned so much about teaching, education, and the profession. I still hear from my students and still miss it sometimes.
Workplace culture
Student Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 23, 2018
Awesome staff, loved the work responsibilities and being part of the educational system. Good management, moderate training and support. Lots of food party and outings as incentives of employees performances. Enjoyed being part of Community day as it was a day to give back to the community with charisma and hardwork.
Pros
Great benefits, such as educational reinbursement.
Cons
Lack of training, process needs to improve.
RAS Review
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 5, 2018
Rasmussen College is a post secondary school that has a lot of potential but carries a lot of responsibility on enrollment. In my experience, it was chaotic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rasmussen College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight