Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

Overall
Medical Assistant Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 27, 2018
Working at Rasmussen College as productive, stress free and student focused. Also, the instructors are in charge of their class rooms. It is a multicultural college.
laid back until a job is needed
Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 10, 2018
Provided professional phone and messaging skills
Maintained positive and pleasant customer service to new and current students and guests
Implemented responsible front-desk reception/clerical office support
Practiced medical asepsis in both clinical and clerical environments
Productive and comprehensible training and learning environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 30, 2018
This job was less than anything eventful which was always a great challenge for me to do better than my best. I appreciated what smart work looks like when you are working with management and staff that have such a wonderful organic thought process of doing things. Moreover, not sticking to the tradition of stuff on how we interviewed students face to face or over the phone, but the quality of making our work processes genuine and not full of fluff or rehearsed scripts. About management, they always reminded me that they expected me as well as my team to be ourselves, meaning be who they hired us for and not what our backgrounds were since college graduation. The hardest part of the job was having to be the cornerstone of all the other departments to ensure the security of the student's commitment and the most enjoyable was seeing them graduate because of us sticking with them from start to finish.
Pros
Weekly Meetings with group activity / games to win prizes (e.g. gift cards)
Cons
Doing other departments work (e.g. financial aid planning and set-up)
N/a
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake Elmo, MNOctober 23, 2018
Great company to work for! Good work life/balance. I was very lucky to work with amazing people and we got along well. Good team environment - willing to help each other out!
Don't work here--you will regret it!!!
Instructor for Associate Degree Nursing Students (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLOctober 17, 2018
This campus and college is horrible!!!! Just this part quarter, two faculty were hired and chose not to come on their first day--that's a sign!! The are all about inflating students grades to make them look better. The management is horrible, totally disorganized. Out of the 6 current faculty, 3 are looking for other jobs. The faculty don't feel supported, we are totally over worked, mandatory meetings every week that are a waste of time. All of the ADN faculty get along very well, we have to in order to survive here.
The students run the school. If you are looking for a great work environment then don't look here!!! I've read online that other campuses are having the same issues. Do your homework and ask around about the school, you won't get good reviews!
Great place to work!
Adjunct Online Instructor-RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, IL 60446October 9, 2018
Great place to work with some amazing students and staff. The school is really committed to educating the future and it really shows! The program directors have passion in their educational program!
Flexabile
Medical Assistant Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 8, 2018
Flexibility with work schedule and course schedule. Fun people to work with. Easy to access assistance in relation to course questions, information. Helpful staff, easy to communicate within system.
Tutor
Student Tutor (Work Study) (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 1, 2018
I was a tutor while I was a student at Rasmussen College. I loved being able to help other students advance in their studies and academics. This was a rewarding and stimulating job.
Outstanding
Justice Studies Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLSeptember 21, 2018
Excellent place to work. Would recommend to everyone and anyone. Wish I was still there. Great folks, team, environment, and place to work. Outstanding in a aspects.
This is a college
Full-time Student (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 17, 2018
This is a really good college to learn whatever anyone desires. It has programs that can fit any schedule. If you decide to enroll there it will be worth it.
Great teams, wonderful management
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  National OnlineSeptember 14, 2018
As a tutor, the typical work day included sending and responding to e-mail and meeting with students in a web conference room for tutoring sessions. Becoming a tutor requires CRLA certification through a class, completing 25 tutoring hours, and attending a set amount of required webinars, as well as a set amount of elective webinars. The workplace culture is wonderful and full of an incredibly supportive group of tutors and Learning Service Coordinators. Tutoring helps hone communication, time management, presentation, and leadership skills, as well as helps the tutor fully understand their field of study. The most enjoyable aspect is working with students and feeling like you actually make a difference. The hardest part is the tutoring sessions can sometimes be back to back with little to no break room in between. Hours
Pros
Wonderful co-workers, fantastic supervisors and managers
Cons
limited hours
Excellent place to learn, while obtaining work experience.
Student (Former Employee) –  Mokena, ILSeptember 11, 2018
Rasmussen College was a place where, I grew academically. Versatility was adapted through learning and creativity, while maintaining special skills through role playing that would prepare an individual for employment.
Pros
Provides its students with clear working knowledge of what to expect in your career.
Online student/Work study employee
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FlSeptember 8, 2018
I have been a student since November, 2017 and just started as a work study employee this week. I have had great relationships with all my instructors and a great relationship with the campus staff.
Pros
Great work enviroment, great staff
Supportive work environment
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIAugust 27, 2018
Great place to start off a nursing instructor career. Questions answered in a timely, supportive environment. Encouraged to go the extra creative mile for students
great
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Work at HomeAugust 25, 2018
I loved working for this place, my manager was super understanding and would help me with issues at anytime. Tutoring was not stressful and the manager made sure we had the tools we needed to assist in our jobs.
Pros
work from home
Cons
not a lot of hours
work study program
Student tutor (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2018
I was a student tutor at my college. I loved the job but it didnt pay super great because we were only allowed to work so much before it effected our financial aid.
Nice place to work
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 30, 2018
Got very good domain knowledge of industry and learned lot on automation and all projects .

Learn lot for database testing at this place..............
Fun co-workers
Administrative Assistant for two Vice Presidents (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 23, 2018
A good work environment working with fun-loving co-workers, people with good work ethics. Great benefits and employee events. Lots of hard work that comes with stress to meet deadlines.
Beware
Admissions Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJuly 23, 2018
If you are expecting to counsel and guide students to future success this is not the job for you. They talk about team collaboration and team success but it means nothing for you individually if you don't meet your goals every time. Every possible statistic is tracked. You get vacation and sick time but are discouraged from using it because they will only be concerned with your goal and metrics. Inquiry flow sucks. You primarily call the same dead end leads within a small radius of your campus. Any good leads you do get you'll have to worry about your "teammates" stealing them. Lead/inquiry protection is not to the benefit of a new hire making it difficult to start off successfully. Leadership plays "mind games" with the deranged sense that they are motivating you to keep your job. Would not recommend.
Pros
Tuition discount
Cons
Management, work-life balance
Enjoyable Enviroment
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 1, 2018
Working at Rasmussen College has so many benefits, even as being a work-study. I have learned communication, time management, organization, and so much more. I can't say there is anything hard about my job, very little cons. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the other employees and interaction with students and guests.
Pros
Ability to do school work during doen-time
Cons
Not applicable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rasmussen College. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight