Rasmussen College
71Above average

Rasmussen College Employee Reviews

United States301 reviews
Rasmussen School of Nursing
Rasmussen College is a great school with caring Instructors and Staff. They are a teaching College that offers you the tools necessary to be the best Nurse that one can be. Their teaching methods are detailed and organized. You will learn all that you need to know to prepare you for the State Boards and working as a new Nurse.
Nice place to work
I loved working at this job. I was a student and a student worker at the college. This job gave me a lot of experience and helped me maintain a high GPA.
Student Experience
This was my first job in a college setting as a tech/teachers aid. I was exposed to how a office runs on a daily basis. My skills in customer service played a huge role in communications over the phone. I got the chance to help rebuild most of the labs/classrooms, not just for my program but other programs as well. I got to familiarize myself with most of the instruments we learned about so while at externship, I wasn't completely lost. This was a great stepping stone in my new walk the healthcare field.
I Love Rasmussen
Working for Rasmussen has allowed me to professionally develop more in the past 3 years than ever before in my life. I have had the opportunity to work from home, manage my time and set my preferred schedule, rewrite website information, present webinars, manage teams of 3 or more, and so much more.
The culture at Rasmussen is not comparable to any other organization. People genuinely care about you and diversity is encouraged.
Fast past job
I worked for Rasmussen for 13 years. The Central Receptionist department hired a new manager that did not take the Central Receptionist team fairly; picked employees she most related too i.e., age/younger crowd. Manager loved to Micromanage; very unprofessional
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Do not waste your time
I had five interviews with Rasmussen for an advisor position and still have not heard back. It has been three weeks. I have wasted over a month on this company. I have heard the same thing about Rasmussen from other people. Look elsewhere.
Great place to work while attending school.
Great place to work while attending school. This position gave me the flexable schedule while completing course work to complete my degree. Also gave myself an insight into the helpdesk role in the world ot Information Technology.
Bad
Would not wish my worst enemy to work for this company. Would never work for them again. The company is full of misleading people and upper management.
Great
I am excited to start working with new nursing students but I haven't had a chance to really start working there but I have only heard great things about the company
Student Nurse
This school was very unorganized and had little flexibility for working students. The schedules were given 2 weeks at most before classes and clinical started so it was hard to work around my work schedule.
Bachelor Completer Advisor
Rasmussen is a face paced, innovative and changing culture. With all that is occurring at the college, there is extreme stability on the Bachelor Completer team. The team that has been built is supportive, collaborative, and one of the best I have ever worked on.
Best Job Environment I've Ever Had
Working as a Peer Tutor while finishing my degree was the most rewarding job experience I've ever had! The amount of preparation and feedback for the skillsets I needed after graduation alone made the job an invaluable part of my academic journey! Get a 3.0 GPA and apply!
Educator
This is the worst place to work as minority. The team of white faculty worked so hard to get rid of minority faculty. The Dean she is jot supportive she is among the click of a group of nursing faculty who seem not to like people of color.
Student Guidelines
The student have a syllabus and are to do the assignments according to the assignment link and the grading rubrics. However, student are told the teacher can change that. The teacher can give them more time to complete an assignment, can accept late assignments with no penatly, some students have be allowed to void all due dates and turn in all their assignments on the last day of class. Therefore students think they can force the instructor to do what they want or are use to.
Extremely poor leadership
Unwelcoming campus where teachers shoot from the hip with their classes. I learned enthusiastic creative and caring teachers do not work well with other faculty. The management does not keep confidences, lacks professional support and genuine care for the students. The workplace culture is that of a for profit business only. Sadly it generates jaded nursing students.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the time I spent with students.
Great company culture very caring towards the students and them reaching their academic goal
Delegated and engaged with prospective students through discussion
about their future with the goal of setting a campus visit

Demonstrates sensitivity and ability to effectively relate to and work

with prospective students from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Rasmussen
Great place to work. Benefits are good, including unlimited sick time. They care about us here! We recently hired a new Campus Director and she has come in and magnified the greatness of this organization. Rasmussen is one of the best colleges to work for!
I worked with really excellent instructors and the dean over my department was top notch. There was a striving for excellence and also a real caring and supportive attitude toward each other and toward students. This was a wonderful place to work with a very positive environment and made me love coming to work each day. I am sad to be leaving due to relocating related to my husband's job.
Very positive experience
One of the best places I have ever worked. I highly recommend working for this employer or attending the college. I am am employed through work study program for over the last two years.
For profit, not people or academic integrity
Hands down, worst employer from top to bottom. The main goal is to make $$$ and keep students paying their bills. There is zero academic integrity and faculty are expected to be babysitters and take attendance, rather than educate and help adults grow into professionals. Campus administrators only care about running a business with a dramatic flair. It’s a joke. I wouldn’t be surprised if the college folded just as MSB did. They are no different from each other. I hope students wise up soon and opt for the tech, community, or traditional college settings and leave higher ed to the true professionals working at those institutions instead of Rasmussen.
Pros
Many locations
Cons
Stress level and student drama
Although I was only a work study, I was treated with the respect that the rest of the full time staff received. From the first time I walked in the door until my job ended due to graduation, I had a great experience. If I could, I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great atmosphere. Great people
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rasmussen College. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
4.2Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight