Raven Transport Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
need better management and better planning
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Middletown OhioMay 23, 2018
All I got to say is the hours of wacky and you don't know if you coming or going basically work nights mornings and days that's why they need better planning
Pros
laid back okay pay other drivers are very nice
Cons
needs better planning better communication better trucks Better management
family
Driver Manager/P&G Clerk/ CSR (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2018
I really enjoyed by time with Raven. The are a very caring company. They go above and beyond to help you and your family. I would recommend them to anyone.
Great place to work at
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32254April 12, 2018
Great OTR Trucking company, I just left because I didn't want to be OTR anymore. Great pay at minimum 45 cents per mile with at least 6 months experience.
Pros
Great OTR trucking company.
Cons
Away from home often like most OTR jobs.
regional truck driver (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAMarch 19, 2018
the only problem I had that they have since address was the driving distance vs rest time needed for next day of work. ive been told that they have fixed this issue for some routes by making hotels available for some long routes.
Just a small company with ups and downs.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2018
Truck assigned was old with almost 500.000 miles on it, even it gets the job done it has some issues the maintenance shop addressed in their own time just making me the driver to loose one day of work without pay waiting on them, or in another occasion me been asked to take the truck to another location to get it fixed and again wasting my day over there without pay. The maintenance shop should complete all repairs asked by the driver in time including oil checks, I had to come in the shop get oil go and poured in the engine and then come back to the shop to get more oil to keep it the truck while I was away, that's unacceptable.
When you ask the dispatcher about to get paid for brake down he comes out with stupid excuses to avoid paying you for your lost time.
Another problem they have are trailers, good luck if you find an empty coming out of your home time, that's another issue they can't control, when ask office staff about it they become kind of mean towards you. Really bad.
Pros
Decent pay, decent miles
Cons
Old trucks, maintenance shop slow, office stuff mean.
ok place to work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 30, 2018
ok place to work, the trucks are always breaking down. but it was ok. the hours are kinda wacky, you start around 1am. but it was ok. got us all home everyday
No Balance
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2017
Going to work at this job was not the most exciting thing however when there are bills to get paid you just have to get out there and get the job done.
Pros
no bounce checks
Cons
better than working for a owner operator
Decent trucking company
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 12, 2017
A good company to work for, OTR drivers get an extra S25/week loaded on a rewards card to spend at Pilot/Flying J. They offer a lot of benefits, you can choose how long you stay out and no forced dispatch. There's also a local and regional division. They travel as far west as Texas and no further north than New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Ohio. They maintain fairly new equipment, Peterbilt and Internationals, nothing older than 3 years.
Pros
Choosing when to go home, you choose how hard to run
Cons
Some weeks the miles are very low
Dry Van
Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2017
Overall a good place to work and friendly people with a great history. Benefits were great. I am not a night driver and could not drive all night long. I am a day person. If not for that I would still be there.
Pros
Good company with benefits and friendly people
Cons
night driving
good place to
Class A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 3, 2017
the company is a good place to work and i don't have any regrets about my time with the company ..if i must complain i will complain about the pay as most drivers do
Pros
new trucks
Cons
slow trucks
Was not a bad job fairly decent job fun
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2017
It was a challenge at times but it was easy to do! It was drop and hook 95 percent of the time! They would give you long runs and short runs ! They would average your miles out to be fair with everyone!
Pros
Great equipment
Cons
Long days but productive
Awful place for office staff, great for drivers!!
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 14, 2017
The entire Maintenance, Operations and Fleet services management teams need to be completely flushed. This is "good ol boy" town and if you are not friends with the right people, you will be cast aside. Drivers are treated like gold, the crappier the better!! I have never been lied to or treated this poorly anywhere else in my life. Stay far away from Raven Transport.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
Double standards, poor treatmet
Bad company
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 13, 2017
This Company is the worst place i have ever worked for,what needs to be done is all drivers need to get together and go on strike and demand better pay or get the truck drivers union on board to help with this problem.instead of complaining we should all unite and get the union behind us.
Pros
Free Labor
Cons
Free Labor
A good trucking job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 11, 2017
A good career trucking jobs always keep you moving you run out of the East regions only rewire you to be out 2 weeks great equipment to work with in all there trucks
otr driver
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2017
nice ceo provide meal cards to drivers.good new equipment drop and hook loads.take care of hotel lodging for orientation steady frieght nevr sit around that much great paycheck to live on
Pros
great pay
Cons
out 2weeks
They keep trucks clean and always ready to be driven
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Merced, CASeptember 21, 2016
Well respectable people work there. This company works the southeast area all year long. Great work place. Great pay weekly.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Eden, NCAugust 1, 2016
I have enjoyed my stay with Raven and I like working here and would like to continue on as a local driver. Was hoping to retire from here. Would like to see them implement and maintain a yearly bonus on your anniversary date with the company as well as the quarterly safety bonus.
good people to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 13, 2016
I am a local driver in texas. just starting this devision. brand new trucks but only run 65 and are LNG. you work 12-14hrs everyday and the pay sucks. You work 6 days a week and almost 70hrs and only get paid 1000. No drop and hook pay,no wait time pay. It sucks as far as pay goes.
Cons
poor pay. work 6 days a week and make about 1000
Good Company, great equipment, good pay, NO MILES!
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 29, 2015
I have been here 2 months and no preplanning. A driver has PLENTY of time to make his deliveries and then sit till the next day to pickup their next load.
Pros
Great equipment, good pay.
Cons
No miles
Worker
NO Comment (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FloridaOctober 21, 2014
I have no comment on this company. It is an ok company to work for. I have been there for almost 2 years.