Raymond James Employee Reviews

Ability to telecommute
Payroll Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 17, 2018
Able to work from home when needed. Need to encourage more collaborative projects/efforts between different work locations to promote a single team environment.
Great company
Executive Financial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 16, 2018
Great place to work and they have a really good headquarters. Good work life balance as well. The team environment at the headquarters is also very uplifting and upbeat.
See below
Financial Advisor, Registered Principal (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 12, 2018
I was an independent contractor. You need to make money, all they care about.
My personal branch manager was beyond exceptional. A mentor, a trusted confidant, and a great team leader. The senior management however at RJFS for independent contractors is not well for the little guys (under $500K)
Pros
Great comapny
Cons
Cares nothing for the little people who bring in $250K or less.
Little room for advancement
Expert (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 11, 2018
The company itself stands for something rather important, but it's still an owner's company and stuck in the past. Little room for advancement and pay is low
Rather not say
rather not say (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 10, 2018
Raymond James was a good company to work for, nice to see and learn how the stock market trades, what company is bought out and those that have went under. Met some nice people there.
Pros
Learned alot about the market.
Cons
Worked long hours, but enjoyed the work.
Opting out of this review of a previous employer
End User Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 5, 2018
Opting out of this review of a previous employer. I will not make any direct comments regarding any previous employment or employer regardless of assurances of anonymity.
Great Place To Work
Video Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 4, 2018
The employees were very friendly and collaborative. I was trained very effectively and entrusted with fair amount of responsibility. I would recommend working here.
Tough Work Enviroment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLApril 3, 2018
I would not recommend this to a friend. The work environment is surface level friendly, and the hours are tough for relatively little pay. There are other firms in the area
Fun and relaxed workplace
Intern for Marketing and Events (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLApril 2, 2018
I was an intern my senior year for the Tallahassee branch. Amazing people in the office, always pushing me to learn and succeed. Highly enjoyed this position.
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 21, 2018
Unfortunately the former "job for life" culture at RJ has changed. Many people were let go in one day just after RJ merged with a bank.

I was only there a short time but long-term people were also let go.

The salary could have been better.

Great art displays throughout the buildings.

Pretty good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits, corp culture
Cons
low salary, layoff
Please see resume
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2018
A typical work day at Raymond James would be answering phones, travel, espense management, calendar management, project management, communicating with clients, scheduling appointments, lunches and dinners for Managing Directors. Office Management, ordering supplies etc.
Productive and Fun
Equity Structured Products Sales and Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 19, 2018
This is a great company. I wish I had never left, but after a heart attack, I couldn't deal with the stress anymore. I wasn't worth my life. Money isn't everything.
Pros
Hard work pays off
Cons
Stress
Best in Tampa
Corporate Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 18, 2018
Fantastic company with uncompromised ethics from the top down. Best place to house your investments and nest egg. Stressful, fast paced work environment that fosters competition among workers. Company values individual licencing and expansive education.
Pros
Management you can believe in
Cons
Stress. On your toes always
Great Company
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLMarch 18, 2018
Great growth opportunities and wonderful people to work with. The hiring process was organized. High workplace culture and diversity is very important to Raymond James and me. The hardest part was making the decision to leave employment.
Pros
Great company to work with.
Cons
No choices in Health benefit providers
Independent Offices
Sales Assistant/ Operations (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYMarch 16, 2018
Nice place to work. Really Nice Manager. Nice culture. You can go as far as you want. Raymond James is a good place to work. Again the offices are independent so depends on who is your manager. Manager on Main Street in Riverhead is wonderful. I would recommend working with him to anyone. Just a real nice guy.
Great company to work for!!!
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 16, 2018
Excellent broker dealer to work for. They allow you the flexibility to manage your practice the way you would like. They do a great job of taking care of the compliance headache.
Love this job
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Beaver, UTMarch 16, 2018
and all the people here are excellent. Easy to get along with and easy to find what you need to complete your job successfully. Very nice culture and excellent benefits
worst management
Infrastructure Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 15, 2018
I had the worst manager that I have ever worked for. His boss wasn't much better. My manager was let go after being verbally abusive over and over to his direct reports.
Energetic, friendly, caring place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30305March 12, 2018
I truly enjoyed working for Raymond James. They were very accepting when I came to them after having worked for my pervious company for almost 16 years. They treated me as family from beginning to end. I hated that they had to eliminate my position due to lack of work.

Great place to work!
Being within the advisor core is a must
Operations Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 28, 2018
It did not pay to be within operations or any sort of supporting role. The advisors and anyone within the profitability cost centers came first and foremost. Which, is to be expected to an extent but it was to the point where only employees at a certain salary grade could sit for certifications needed for advancement.
Pros
Nice Campus
Cons
lack of mobility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.