Raymond James Employee Reviews

Best part of this job was location and hours
Project Analyst IV - Mutual Fund Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 19, 2018
The best part of working for Raymond James was the fact the location was in a good location not far from the interstate. The worst part of the job was the management that was in place. This job had the old boys club, where seniority matters more than ability. I was hired to do the job of a project manager, and six months into the job I still wasn't given a project to manage. They want very highly skilled workers but don't want to give them the roles and responsibilities that come with those skills. They are also not a competitive paying company when compared to many in the area.
Pros
location and hours
Cons
poor leadership, direction, and attitude of senority more important than ability
Productive Environment
Municipal Dealer Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2018
Totally market driven environment where you are required to make timely decisions in relatively short order. A bad decision could result in significant losses for the firm and clients.
Pros
great culture
Cons
hectic work environment
Friendly employers and good management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Fun office to work for. Stayed busy most of the time.
I have been in the industry for 33 years.
Management was fair to everyone
Nothing hard about the job due to knowing what needed to be done for over 30 years.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
My FA's would get mad if I was sick or on vacation.They just did not like trying to do my job
Raymond James Cares
Trading Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLNovember 8, 2018
Raymond James Financial Culture is one where they care about the employee's personal and professional health. There are education options available in a wide variety of competencies to everyone if you chose to take it. There are also many company sponsored functions to get out of the office and into the real world.
Raymond James
Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Casper, WY 82601November 8, 2018
Raymond James provides good support for their branches and the associates. With their myriad services and partnerships they are able to support branches and employees to deliver excellent customer service.
Fun place. People were all very nice and helpful.
Administrative Assistant & CSA (Former Employee) –  U S Highway 42 Louisville KYNovember 7, 2018
One of the best brokerage firms I had worked. Management was laid back, other employees would help out when you needed them
Just a fun and professional place to work.
Pros
Free lunches often. No problem if you needed off unexpectedly
Cons
Seriously can't think of anything bad
cool
Sr. Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 5, 2018
i enjoy being able to work from home, people are nice decent pay. Benefits end up not being good. For the most part it is a cool laid back place to work
Peer-trained environment
Paralegal III (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 5, 2018
Management was difficult and greedy. The atmosphere was frequently tense. Staff genuinely cared about one another. Management used to take all department gifts home during the holidays for own use.
Pros
Fellow staff
Cons
Constant feeling your job was on the line
Branch Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 5, 2018
At Raymond James there is a different type of management that goes on based on what department you work for. In my original position my supervisor was we’ll knowledgeable about all aspect of the jobs that he was over. The second department that i worked for. The supervisor was not very knowledgeable about the positions that she was over.
Pros
Close to my home, wonderful work environment
Cons
Fixed hours, not many vacation days
Great Place to work
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 1, 2018
Great place to work, friendly people, and family oriented. Great place to work, nice environment. Learned alot about help desk, configurations, software, hardware, etc...
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2018
I enjoyed my co-workers and managers at RJ. It was a great place to work and I am glad that I had the opportunity to work there for 2 years. I would recommend it to others.
Was another facet to my financial career
Client Service Associate Liaison (Former Employee) –  2525 ponce de leon blvdOctober 29, 2018
I am not at liberty to say any information regarding this position it was over ten years ago the office and staff have changed and so I have no relevant info
Pros
bonuses
Cons
no flexibility
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 20, 2018
Great environment the employees are fairly quiet and keep to themselves. I always felt welcomed and they have a cafeteria in the building so you do not have to leave for lunch.
Control your own schedule.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 16, 2018
Complete freedom. Choose your clients. Make your own office schedule. Plenty of family time. Control work load. Plenty of time to get involved with the community.
Pros
Complete freedom.
Cons
Back office complications.
Not a pleasant experience
Sr. Vice President Wealth Management (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 14, 2018
I worked for Raymond James and was the worse mistake I ever made. My experience was not what I expected and unfortunately it was a little to late by the time I realized it. I wish I would have never joint them.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not trusting management
New Accounts Associate Position is Tech Support Call Center
New Accounts Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2018
The description for a New Accounts Associate is totally inaccurate. You will go through hours of financial terminology and processes training to come out and actually only be a Technical Support Call Center Associate. Due to a failed corporate wide system overhaul, you will literally sit on a phone for 8+ hours a day trying to figure out computer error codes with understandably upset Financial Advisors and associates. The actual technical support department for the company was purposely not put in the loop of the new system upload and are not authorized to help with the incoming problems incurred with it. The tech support associates can receive discipline for attempts to correct the errors received. High turn over rates, even with seasoned/seniors associates that are stressed out. Mandatory overtime and a shift that is micromanaged in 15 minute increments. You do not actually receive all of advertised vacation time. There is also a 90 day freeze on any promotion received -meaning you cannot leave New Accounts for 90 days if you receive a promotion, which in turn is causing other departments to not hire from New Accounts, because if they need an associate in two weeks, they cannot afford to wait 90 days for the needed employee.
An ever-growing company with competitive benefits
Exec. Asst. to Senior Vice President, CAO (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FL 33716October 10, 2018
I very much enjoyed my position at Raymond James; however my executive chose to move me to a hard-to-fill position that I was not interested in, in order to replace me with an assistant she could share with another department.

Overall, Raymond James is an excellent company and I would highly recommend it.
Pros
Lovely campus; many excellent benefits; upbeat atmosphere.
Cons
Nothing comes to mind.
good company to work for
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 3, 2018
same as what I said above. not sure why it is asking for another review of the same company
teaching and training opportunities

management believes what they say: client comes first
technology seems to be keeping up.
Pros
company values
Cons
disparity between Financial Advisor and support staff pay
Raymond James
Senior Registered Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082October 3, 2018
good company to work for
Management really believes what they say. client comes first
teaching and training available
work balance ok
opportunities for learning available
Pros
good work mission clients come first
Cons
salary differential from advisors to support staff
Productive and relaxing place to work
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 29, 2018
A typical day at Raymond James can be fast paste but very relaxing as well. While working here I have learned about the stocks and bonds and how investing can be helpful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raymond James.

Powered by Comparably