Raymond James Employee Reviews

Great Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 14, 2018
Really Loved the Foundation I received working with Raymond James. The FAIT program was top notch and the leadership was very supportive. The knowledge gained helped me to succeed.
Pros
flexibility in time
Cons
work follows you home
A Day at Raymond James
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 13, 2018
Loved my position and salary. Management had separate goals so it was hard to be on one page mos of the time. Quiet, relaxing environment. Nice place and pleasant people.
Excellent executive leadership team
Forensic AIS Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 10, 2018
Raymond James manages to successfully consider employees, shareholders, and clients while generating a profit year after year. Have never regretted my decision to make a change in employment.
Fast paced work environment
Sr. Manager, Health and Wellness Benefits (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 8, 2018
Rapid changes and fast paced.

Flexible with needing time away for family.

Work hours flexible

Health center

Fitness Center

company paid retirement benefits
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Challenging commute if you travel a bridge
Not a company for entry level hires.
Trade Support Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2018
Raymond James uses all of its resources to grow the private client business through the acquisition of new advisors but they do not use many resources for the growth of the company operations. It's a house of cards.
Great culture and environment
VP, INVESTMENTS - Accredited Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 31, 2018
After 28 years in the financial services industry, there never seems to be a 'typical' day.... I truly enjoy Estate Planning and all aspects. I have come to learn that as you assist families with their respective assets, you essentially feel like a family member yourself. Although this can be a double-edged sword, it is truly satisfying to assist clients through each chapter of life.
Pros
Flexibility to work remotely if desired.
Cons
Knowing that you are responsible for the assets of another.
great peers to work with
Project Specialist/Technical liaison (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 26, 2018
Lack of consistency in management, very difficult to post within for another job, pay scale is low, systems are outdated, IT department is understaffed and overworked, HR department takes weeks (on occasion, months) to reply to internal job applicants, insurance coverage for healthcare only offers HSA plans.
contractors
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 25, 2018
contractors work a lot of hours over 71 hours in 1 week and promised to get hired on after 560 hours, there are employees that have been here over 1 year and still not hired on
Pros
good overtime
Cons
waiting period
Rewarding position
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 21, 2018
A typical work day consisted of delivered informational sales presentations to potential clients.

Working in the constant changing environment of the financial markets made the job both challenging and enjoyable.
Pros
helping people plan for their future
Cons
Productive and fun atmosphere to be around
Client Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJuly 19, 2018
No day or client is the same, but everyone was greeted with a smile. Some days I had to prepare client paperwork while other days I was following up to make sure our back office was approving them. Answering client calls and greeting in person was mostly an everyday occasion. I met with my advisors at least daily first thing in the morning to go over our calendars. Communication was key amongst all the advisors I assisted, and if something was off, we would discuss. It
Pros
Free lunches were provided if we had Sales vendors coming in
beautiful company
Customer Service and Accounts Receivable Associate (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 19, 2018
Fun place to work with good managers and Supervisors. I would still be there had I not moved to a new state. AVP treated you like family instead just coworkers. I really miss them
Pros
bonuses, holiday pay, verbal praise
Productive, Steady job
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHJuly 17, 2018
nice workplace, relaxed days. at times could be tedious and repetitive. meeting new clients is a nice part of the job. friendly work staff. coffee is provided.
Pros
Free lunches, easy-going environment
Cons
Repetitive
Great learning enviornment with well recognized achievements
Branch Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 10, 2018
A fast paced yet not stressful environment. Manager support was amazing. Culture of the company is outstanding.
Hardest part of my job was the fact that I am a contractor and not full time.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no cons
Productive and nice atmosphere to work in.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 9, 2018
As a contractor I had no benefits, but was still included in team gatherings and free lunches, etc. I was always kept busy and they offer good training.
Pros
the teamwork and the company cares about you.
Toxic Culture with poor leadership
Associate (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 2, 2018
Leadership is completely removed from everyone. The company claims to care so much for its employees, yet they rolled out a horrendous system that hurt operations, and they also pulled our benefits back and gave us a horrendous new plan. Communication is very cut off. As such, they have cultivated a lazy, bitter culture where accountability is absent and excuses are prevalent. This is not a company for someone who dreams big and wants to change the world for the betterment of society. If you have a vision or a dream or want to advance your career, don’t start here. Innovation is not a priority. All the company cares about it risk. Risk is very important, yes. But when you take on risk at the expense of your claimed values and at the expense of your employees, then you cultivate a very toxic culture of displeasure and misery. There is good leadership, but even those individuals struggle to influence a better culture and plan for career growth.
Benefits
Cons
Poor compensation, poor culture, poor leadership, poor career advancement
Great Workplace
Relative Value Group, Trader (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 27, 2018
Great place to work, very friendly, collaborative and plenty of room for growth. Support system and team work are key. People understand the balance between work and life
Supporting, maintaining and securing RJF financial systems
Lead / Senior SQL DBA (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 26, 2018
Worked on supporting, maintaining and securing RJF financial systems. Make sure there is no performance issues on production system, backup completed successfully,
Pros
Learning RJF Financial systems
Cons
need a change
Unusual time at RJA
Vice President Institutional Trading (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 18, 2018
Raymond James was the best job I ever had until we acquired Morgan Keagan. MK was given control of Institutional Fixed Income which led eventually to very few RJA Institutional employees being employed.
Raymond James
Transition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 14, 2018
Transitioning over financial advisors from competitive firms. I've learned how to speak with advisors of all different attitudes and personalities.The culture is great at my company and the most enjoyable part is getting to work with different people everyday.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Pay
great place to work
Network Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 13, 2018
I had a lot of fun working for this company. They treat their employees with respect. They would hold annual fall festivals and feed us. I liked how it was run. Very clean workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymond James. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.4Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss