Raymour & Flanigan
60Below average

Raymour & Flanigan Employee Reviews

United States739 reviews
Great In Beginning.. but then..
On your feet ALL day, always on the move! Meet a lot of people daily, no day is ever the same. Management shows favoritism, if you sell you will ALWAYS have a job, hardest part of job .. no sales no job .. it’s a performance based business!

heads time to timer
Pros
Meeting new people every day!
Cons
Nights, weekends and holidays
I've given this a lot of thought
The company promotes a program of associate-oriented guiding principles. They encompass the values and standards that are supposed to create a well-balanced culture within the company; a culture where the associates are the most important part of the business and to treat them as such will inspire and motivate them to do their best to take care of the business in return. This is an amazing effort on the company’s part and it truly defines a place where one would be lucky to be in their employ. The problem is, these principles don’t seem to go much further than the paper they’re printed on.
In all fairness I can’t say if the entire company is like this but, in Manchester, CT, it’s actually a “do as I say, not as I do” type of leadership environment. They claim to strive for commitment over compliance. In other words, they seek out employees who want to do their jobs and do them well. In truth, however, they go straight for forced compliance. Leadership just does a lot of whip-cracking, micro-managing, undermining, bullying, condescension, patronizing and the like.

Another sizable and demoralizing issue in Manchester is that leadership largely operates in a sort of “panic mode.” This means that so many situations that arise, even mundane ones, can put leadership into an “all hands on deck” mentality which is pretty stressful given the amount of times this happens. This stems from the fact that they are almost never prepared in advance, if at all, for even the most predictable of situations: They don’t hire temps during the busy seasons; they mandate 6-day work weeks to
 - more...
May 25, 2020
Thank you for contributing your perspective regarding observations of your current work environment. The mission is for each associate to experience a consistent great place to work. For over 60 years Raymour & Flanigan's culture has been successful due to the associates who are aligned with the company Guiding Principles. Our philosophy of providing an open door communication is welcomed and appreciated. Please know that you can share your concerns with any leader in the company, for any reason, at any time.
best work place and family oriented
vision for the future experience fun enjoyable focus on the company and my individual experience while employed provide details about the work experience
Raymour and Flanigan gave me a start. Theoretically the organization is great. But the actually execution as it relates to the superiors is poor.
I worked so hard at raymour but it was never notice. The owners are wonderful people very opposite to the managers and leaders. It was a learning experience and I will take the good with the bad. Raymour can do better especially regarding backroom.
Buen lugar para trabajar
Si eres una persona que le gusta ganar por comisión este es tu empleó.
Pros
Muy buenos beneficios
Cons
No pagan por horas es por comisión
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Employees are all disposable in this company culture.
Very hard to advance with hourly pay. Worked extremely hard and great reviews with little monetary advancement. Upper Senior leaders are not supportive at all. Company directives will change on a regular basis. Company needs to have more respect for their employees, their contributions and their work / life balance.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for sharing your perspective. We strive for consistency and clear communication based on trust. If you need a sounding board, please contact
any leader or HR team member for any reason anytime.
work ethics
come ready to work. there will be days where the day can be stress but just take a breath and you'll be fine. there is time for work and time to have fun just enjoy a days work
Pros
good team
Cons
work hours
Schedule is the only issue.
The only issue is that 2nd shift works Friday AND Saturday night instead of one or the other like it should be. No one wants to go out on Sunday night.
Pros
Split weekend for day shift
Cons
No weekend for night shift.
Great company to work for!
The company gives you all tools and resources to be successful! It is very employee and customer friendly. Keeping all merchandise in stock ready for next or second day delivery is just amazing!
April 6, 2020
Raymour & Flanigan not only invests in people, it invests with inventory so customers can buy new furniture and have it delivered within two days; Faster than any other furniture retailer! Thank you for your feedback.
Good place to work.
Reymour and flanigan is a well maintained company and compensate workers fairly. Highly recommended for anyone with good work ethic and is ready to work hard.
Company name should be Greed & Flanigan
Company is only focused on sales and has no issue putting the health and wellness (physical and mental) of its sales and other departments lives risk. Sales executives did a poor with the Covid19 making sales reps call customers to come in for a big sale and lay on used mattresses. Stores are temporary closed but only paying employees half pay or take vacation. My store was forced to close early by state rules but they stayed open terrible company and values
March 30, 2020
We appreciate you sharing your concerns. Decisions were made in the best interest of associates and customers. At the time of the promotion, there were several locations that were operational. Unfortunately, each location had to close due the safety of our associates and customers. If you have concerns we encourage you to reach out to your human resource professional in your area or any leader in the company. We understand this is a stressful time for all. Your well being is of utmost importance to us.
Company failed
I been here 3 years. Started in warehouse which was an entry level position and moved up to delivery and into a supervisor role. This was a fun place to work and rewarding and still could be, however like others the way the company reacted over the Coronavirus outbreaks was done poorly. My OPs VP and leaders really make it hard on us to keep working. A Union would not allow it. Time to rise. I have many looking to leave now
March 30, 2020
We are proud of your internal promotions to supervisor. We want to understand your particular situation that makes you feel this way. We care about your concerns and want to better understand how we can help. I encourage you to reach out to any leader in the company for any reason at any time, or you may contact your Vice President of Human Resources: Patrick Hynes. We have an open door policy that allows freedom of communication between any level.
Serious environment with high importance on constant performance improvement in every area of business.
The typical day consisted of reports, observations of processes, interaction with the many work groups, and one on ones with the leadership staff on the daily tasks and goals. The structure of the operation was yours to make and safety was part of every action. Internal growth was an important part of the organization so the company invested a lot in workshops, online micro-learnings, and self-development plans/resources.
Pros
Internal growth possibilities, entrepreneurial operations, and leadership education/development.
Cons
Work life balance is not practiced, Inconsistent is upholding their mission, and poor budget for associate engagement activities.
Low Pay
Work was easy but the pay wasn't what it should've been espeacially when everyone else was offering .15CPM+ more. Good Starter company for a rookie driver.
March 30, 2020
Thank you for your dedication to our customers. We are always striving to raise the bar and improve. We appreciate the feedback and will be certain to pass along your feedback to leadership.
Great culture and management is very inclusive
Raymour and Flanigan truly live up to their vision and mission. This family owned company is a family to all associates. The overall culture is a place of learning and hard work. The challenge is that it's a retail environment and the earnings is a problem for many associates.
True colors show and it’s the color of money
I drank the kool-aid a year or so ago First few months were fun. Now due to the COVID19 virus the company comes out with this terrible idea to pay all employees not comfortable working with the public and co-workers 50% of pay for 10 days. Force you to work or get half pay. I stayed and they forced us to prospect for a upcoming sale to invite people in. Finally the entire company had to close but they still wanted us to call customers. The G’s only care about money and themselves

50% of
Working in Unity
What stands out to me is the time and investment put into everyone to succeed. Building strong functional teams and working in unity towards our goals.
Terrible Management Zero Work Life Balance
The majority of Management are shark salespeople totally unqualified to lead teams. Absolutely zero work life balance, employees are just a number, HR was useless with the internal fighting between employees and poor decision making by Leadership. Employees are on a draw and will build up debt if sales goals are met which is common in the position.
Good to work if you do have sales experience and you do have a passion for it.
Overall good company, if you do interested in sales please go ahead apply for it. They do have tuition reimbursement program which really benefits for students.
It’s a start
If you’re looking for a job that helps you start your career off then Raymour is the place but if you want to stay there long term you may want to consider going somewhere else . There is a lot of stress in the department and drama
Pros
Great vacation and benefits
Cons
Drama, gossip and unappreciated
Horrible place to work if you are white
Full of racist people managers suck and look for anything to get rid of you and there’s this rat black dude named champ that likes to snitch on people for things they didn’t do AVOID WORKING HERE
March 30, 2020
We are disappointed that you had a grievance with your manager. Your comments about another person is taken seriously. If you have specific information as to how you were treated, please reach out to the VP of Human Resources.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymour & Flanigan. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
2.9
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raymour & Flanigan.