Raymour & Flanigan Employee Reviews

Fun
Facility Tech (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAJuly 18, 2018
It was a great place to work, with great people. You had the freedom to work mostly at your pace but when it came down to getting things done it was easy to turn that switch on.
It has a very laid back environment
Customer Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJuly 16, 2018
Honestly this just a job for now to pay the bills but its not what I am accustomed to. I sit down most of the day and am in one place for at least 5 to 6 hours.
Pros
I make my own schedule. I only have to close once a week and work one weekend a month.
Cons
The pay is about $13, 000 less than my previous job and the lunch break is only 30 minutes
Raymour and flanigan
Interior Designer/Sales manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 16, 2018
My day at Raymour and Flanigan Che long reports to see if anything sold.running reports ordering furniture walking the floor to freshen up the areas that have been rushed through during the day and over the time when was out.
Pros
401k benifits medical insurance flexible schedule
Cons
Assoc. Pay
Customer Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYJuly 11, 2018
A typical day a Raymour & Flanigan was a lot of multitasking i had to Answer calls , Attend to Customer in the store and you also had to complete your daily task before your shift ended.Over all we had a great team which was very supporting and helpful.
Pros
Over all a good Atmosphere
Cons
Enjoyed working with fellow associates and customers
Home Furnishing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJuly 9, 2018
A typical day started with checking your Book of Business, follow up with customers on delivery and future potential sales. Making sure your "area of pride" was in attractive order. Following all "housekeeping" functions, waited in line up for your turn to greet and work with in-coming customers.

Networking yourself and the company.

Hardest part of job was protecting your sales. Also, balancing your life/work environment. Required to work all holidays, evenings and weekends.
Cons
Health care, long hours
Do not do it!
Home Furnishings Consultant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2018
Raymour and SHAMIGAN will completely rob you blind and sell you a falsehood. The environment is horrible and you will not make money rather lose money
This company practices team work but does not apply it to a daily work schedule.
Facility Technician (Former Employee) –  Central Islip, NYJuly 2, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend anyone friends or family to work for this company the pay is low and when you have to pay for benefits it becomes even lower. No real team work involved.
Pros
Benefits but weekly wages will be even less.
Cons
Short breaks, not enough staff for 2nd shift will go home late daily.
Not a fun place to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Horseheads, NYJune 21, 2018
Manager was not good at training. Actually she didn't train me. She would put me on the schedule for (example) 12 - 9 or 2 - 9. When I would get to work, she would tell me "oh I forgot to call you. We aren't that busy so you can go home and wait for me to call you if we get busy". Around 8 p.m., I would get a call to come in and close.
fairly physical labor
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 21, 2018
hard work with long hours. decent work environment. sometimes Popsicles were provided on really hot days. expected to keep moving all day with little to no chit chat.
Customer care is what it's all about for me
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTJune 19, 2018
I work in customer care. I am under an amazing manager and a very solid lead. The team aspect of my role is mostly great. It only gets iffy when you go above the showroom level and into regional management. The other part that stinks is that I am working most weekends and holidays while my family works a monday thru friday kinda life. I miss out on a lot of family activities. The pay is ok. But it doesn't reflect the wardrobe you are required to wear.
Pros
Good team
Cons
Retail life. Weekends and holidays

Want to know more about Raymour & Flanigan?

Ask a question
Toxic atmosphere
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 18, 2018
Raymour and Flanigan does not treat their people well unless you are a Director or up. With new leadership within the IT department, and no experienced IT leaders in charge, the needs of the associate and department are often over looked. They have replaced IT minded leaders with corporate monsters who do not understand the simplest technologies. They are lightyears behind other IT companies in the area. There are better places to work in CNY, with better pay and without the toxic atmosphere that stalks the hallways Monday- Friday. There is no respect between leaders and associates. Lower level management is laughable at best. If you go in for an interview you will most likely pick up on that immediately. The turn around is the highest its ever been. With low pay and sketchy leadership, recruiters skip right past this place now.
Pros
a steady paycheck
Cons
leadership, disrespect, low pay
Great career path
Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, NYJune 14, 2018
Started as a entry level associate and worked my way into management with the training and coaching of my leaders. The leaders strive to coach and develop their teams. Great room for growth.
Worst Company I have ever worked for
Employee (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 12, 2018
The leadership team has a "hit list" that they discuss every month with the names of people they want to fire. They place no value on people and view them as disposable. They will hire outside people as "managers" and then demote them to sales people if their "managers" are not yes men. Very little diversity.
Pros
furniture discount
Cons
everything except the furniture discount
Will work you to the bone
Truck Driver/Furniture Delivery Expert (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJJune 6, 2018
I was paid a much lower amount than what I was hired for. Came out to $15,000/year lower. When I questioned it, they gave me a slight pay increase but still much lower than what we agreed on as well as increasing the work load.
Overall a good place to work
General Operations/Logistics & Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Middle Village, NYJune 6, 2018
Raymour & Flanigan is a good company that lives it's mission and vision each day. Every leader and associate understands the value of safety and work hard to work safely one day at a time.
Cons
7 Day Operation including Sundays. Schedule rotated and included 5 work days, but had to include Sundays.
Effort
CUSTOMER DELIVERY EXPERT (Current Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJJune 4, 2018
You will get from it what you put into it. There is always over-time available and there are perks to the job. One of the perks include a decent percentage off any company owned product.
Fun workplace, poor leadership
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marine Park, NYMay 24, 2018
The work environment is that of a successful workplace. Helpful coworkers who will always go above and beyond, but the management is where the company needs to improve
Long days
Customer Delivery Inspector (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTMay 21, 2018
Typical day starts at 6am and you dont exacly know how long you will be there for. On some days we can leave around 11-12 noon and on other days you can be there as late as 6 to 7pm. With the work/life balance it makes it hard to make plans with your significant other
Pros
short days and camaraderie among coworkers
Cons
long days and favoritism
Fast pace worklife
Driver (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 1, 2018
A typical day at work you get your easy days and you get your rough days but its a very good job once you get the hang of things I learned alot being at this job from different associate and you just got to be willing to work on a everyday basis because its not a easy job.
Pros
you get a discount on the merchandise
Cons
you should get the weekends off
Basically a good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 30, 2018
This was a good company to work, if you are single and don't require a work/life balance. If you're single, young, don't have a family. They do look outside for promotions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymour & Flanigan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight