Raymour & Flanigan Employee Reviews

Misserable and daunting work
delivery assistant (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Some warehouses have better managers than others , however I would not recommend anyone work for the Frazer location in Malvern pa. The bosses are all friends and hard to communicate issues knowing one backs the other . Until the management changes the culture and moral at the warehouse will feel low and you will feel less then worthless . 7 years in the same position one would know what good leadership is and there is an utter lack of leadership .
Pros
Cons
Always asked for favors for less then fair compensation, rules made up daily without meetings letting you know they have changed
Policy’s
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 6, 2019
I use to work here until a week ago after I speak up about some of the policies that need to be changed as they do a monthly inspection on the truck when it is finish loading an u are leaving to start delivery upon inspection if they fine anything wrong with the truck u have to take it back to the loading dock offload am load a next truck an if u speak up or don’t do it u will get fire
February 11, 2019

Thank you for the feedback. Having a safe working environment for all our associates is a priority and a major component of our Guiding Principles. Inspections are part of our safety procedures.

Use to be a great place to work
Someone (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Management in Operations doesn't care about anyone but themselves. The employee doesn't matter. They say they can replace you anytime. It's become a hostile place to work. People aren't trained properly. The management doesn't know what they're doing. We use to be like a family. The jobs there aren't terrible. Very heavy lifting and having to be in the elements sometimes but the work isn't horrible of you can handle it. It's literally the manager on up that makes it a miserable place to work. That's the building I'm in. I can't say about other departments but they have their problems too.
Pros
Vacation is great, Closed on 4 or 5 holidays, Teamwork is decent peer to peer, Takes them forever to fire anyone.
Cons
Management.
February 11, 2019

We are sorry to learn of your disappointing employment experience. If you have more comments to share about the specifics of your interactions and observations, please reach out to one of our HR specialists so they can best follow up.

Some unethical employees Did not follow rules & regulations
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 27, 2019
I worked @ a closeout location Only sold merchandise on floor @ showroom Some merchandise discontinued, damaged Or returned furniture from customers Not any easy sale Most customer wanted a better price Always had to negotiate Not fun environment to work @
Pros
customer finally got furniture @ a reasonable price
Cons
Once furniture left showroom customers could not return for any reason Sold as is
January 28, 2019

Thank you for sharing this information. We take business ethics and internal policies seriously. If you have additional information regarding your concern, please contact any member of human resources, or leader at anytime for any reason.

Terrible
Customer Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 25, 2019
Stressful high demand enviorment. Managers do not have their employees back let alone the ability to manage the place correctly. No appreciation for employers. They talk a good talk but in the end it’s a cut throat business.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Terrible management
January 28, 2019

We are disappointed to learn your experience was stressful. We have high expectations for customer service. If there is any additional information you would like to share, please contact any member of leadership or human resources at any time.

Cares about customers and associates
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJanuary 24, 2019
The company is always striving to improve and has a very
strong culture revolving around enhancing the customer experience, taking care of their associates and safety.
Pros
Great people, good benefits, great discount
Cons
a commission environment will always be stressful
Overall
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 24, 2019
Management teams are great but rules that came down from higher ups who havent worked an hour inside the call center in years has made it unbearable. Most unionized call centers pay well about 16 an hour they keep you at 14 and preach their hatred of unions
Pros
Water discounts
Cons
Repeatative slow expensive benefits overpriced items having to clean up messes made by stores
Sales Associate - Retail (Former Employee) –  Wachung, NJJanuary 24, 2019
Sales were the all-end; nor curiosity towards customers. We were on the UPS system and assoc's would steel customers. Management would have us promise the customer anything and then after the money was received, would fall back on promises
Pros
Cons
See above
Terrible Employeer
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 22, 2019
If you're into being treated like a slave then by all means apply. Pay was terrible, hours were terrible, management was terrible as well as other aspects of this terrible company
During my time
Warehouse Facility Lead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 16, 2019
Working for the company was great. Most of management was very good at what they did and were always willing to help out their associates. Generally work was relaxed, but dealing with the customers was the hardest part. Some of the customers i had to deal with i would consider some of the worst people i have ever met in my life. Moving to operations though was better, the only real issue they have there, is lack of communication.
Pros
Flexible Schedule, Part/Full time, discount, most peers
Cons
pay, benefits, communication
horrible
Home Furnishing and Sleep Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 14, 2019
just dont bother applying they are extremely discriminatory and have a hostile work environment and do not support their employees instead they harm their work life balance
January 21, 2019

That is disappointing you did not have a positive work experience. We have a no tolerance for hostility in the workplace. We have an open door procedure that allows associate's he freedom at any time to speak with any leader in the company. If you would like to share specifics of your situation, please contact any member of the leadership team, or Human Resource team.

A cube farm with no light at the end of the tunnel
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJanuary 14, 2019
I worked at their main office in Liverpool, NY part time for a few years as a customer service representative. I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone put themselves through the agony of the depressing, repetitive, and downright robotic work offered at this location. For 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, you will have their customers call in to complain about their cheap, overpriced furniture, and it will make your eyes glaze over. And considering the pay rate and benefits offered, you are better off looking literally just about anywhere else, for example McDonalds, Burger King, a local gas station, etc.

Management breathes down your neck because they only care about their own goals / key performance metrics like call volume, claims handled, and so on. This translates to passive-aggressive comments regarding a 5 minute bathroom break, or being a minute over your 30 minutes of relief during lunch. This is reflected in the absolutely depressing attitude that permeates the entire office. Sure they will be nice and polite to your face, but at the end of the day, they truly think of you as nothing more than a slave to be driven to meet their quotas.

They pretend like there is opportunity for upward mobility, but this is just a tiny bit of cheese they dangle in front of you so you keep running on their hopeless treadmill. Their "leadership university" is a joke.

The only positive thing I can think exists is that it is clean and there is heat/ac. They have a few cheap couches and chairs they took from clearance, though I found it ironically lacking considering they are a furniture
  more... retail giant. Not to mention you will rarely, if ever sit in these couches as you will have zero time to do so while you are on the clock, and the second you clock out you will be running for the door.
Other than the cheap pleather sofas and the wobbly coffee tables this place is as gray and depressing as you can imagine a dead end cube farm to be.

Trust me, only work here if you have no choice.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, micromanagement, low pay, depressing atmosphere
January 21, 2019

We are sorry to hear about your experience. At Raymour & Flanigan we do our best to make the work environment as positive as possible, and we do realize that the call center can be a stressful at times. We encourage all associates to utilize the open door policy to share suggestions on how we can improve or to talk about issues in the workplace. Thank you for sharing your feedback so we can continue to improve the associate experience.

Visual merchandising
visual merchandising (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 11, 2019
If your serious about a visual merchanding career, do not apply at Raymour, no advancement and low pay. I would not recommend any visual professionals to this company.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay, No Advancement for visual
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. Although there is not a visual merchandiser senior role, there have been visual merchandisers that have transitioned to other parts of the company. Opportunities exist in sales, operations, customer care, merchandising buyer and leadership are a few examples.

A forward looking Company
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 10, 2019
A company focused on a work/home life balance with the opportunity to advance.

I learned the importance of a balanced, healthy lifestyle.

The workplace culture is one of encouraging each individual to become the best that they can.
Pros
Tuition reimbursement
Cons
Nights and weekend hours
Boring
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Upstate NYJanuary 8, 2019
Severe drug testing because so and so were on drugs and took a deposit. The hours suck and 99% of the team are using meds to pretend happiness. Management wants you to be overly committed for low pay in promise of advancement--- advancement means working 50+ hours/wk at $37,000 salary. Management will pretend like a lateral job change is an "advancement". The old school system/technology feels like torture.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Boring
January 14, 2019

Raymour & Flanigan believes in providing a safe and healthy environment for every location. As part of our hiring process, drug screening is required.
We are consistently improving technology and have a dedicated internal IT team of 100 associates to continue to keep up with current technology to enhance our customer shopping experience.

Typical days
Store Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJJanuary 6, 2019
Day to day work is easy and not too demanding. We build furniture for the floor as it comes in and arrange the existing pieces on the floor. We also assist customers with pick ups and floor model moves to help a sale.
January 14, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and for enhancing the customer shopping experience!

Loved Raymour Management was horrible
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Can’t say anything bad about raymour! I loved what I did management was horrible and you get moved around way to often. When it comes to promotes its based off if others like you. That’s crazy!!!! Your preformece has nothing to do with anything! Oh well that reality I guess. I love the owners even though they are kept in the dark about how their management treats the
Strong culture and values
Regional Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Raymour and Flanigan provides great opportunities in various fields. They are a people first culture that gives a lot to their employees in hopes that they will positively impact the company's bottom line. Although not perfect it was among the best places and people I've worked with for 7 1/2 years.
Pros
Great opportunity for growth and income potential
Cons
Somewhat low job security for management
Raymour
Store Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJDecember 29, 2018
The company provides opportunity to grow. They are flexible when it comes to working hours. A typical working day can be stressful at times and unrealistic.
I enjoy it
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 26, 2018
I’m a casual store support and I love it. I get decent hours as a senior in high school and the money helps pay for my car. I would recommend it to anyone
December 31, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! We have long term associates and some that are now Vice Presidents that started with Raymour & Flanigan Furniture part time while in high school. We also have an outstanding tuition reimbursement program for full time and part time associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymour & Flanigan. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight