Raymour & Flanigan Employee Reviews

Customer Care
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kinnelon, NJJanuary 10, 2018
Honestly, I love my job. I have been with Raymour since July 2017 and i dont think i have been happier anywhere else. I currently work in the Kinnelon Location and the management is great, the sales people are like family and my coworkers are my good friends. Don’t get me wrong though, the customer service part is not easy at all but my manager trained me well so i know how to handle irate situations. Overall i would say it is a great job for someone young, looking for a real professional job that pays well.
Pros
Acceptable management, Personal Life
Cons
No paid vacation for part time
Productive and climbing opportunities
CUSTOMER CARE REP (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJanuary 9, 2018
Its a job where you are given many opportunities of growth in personal and professional matters, gives you responsibilities and chances of little management purposes where you are tested to solve problems guided by your own perspective.
A pretty good place
Store Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 5, 2018
I like this job because i like to fix things and assemble things. I also like the fact that time seems to go by quickly because there is always something to do.
Favoritism
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 29, 2017
Favoritism is a common issue in the workplace. Many managers tend to show favoritism towards certain sales representatives, which I found very hard to accept. There is also an issue with being a woman in the workplace where I was treated unfairly and was not at the same level as the men in the workplace.
Great community and collaborative vibe, management can be messy
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PADecember 29, 2017
I adore working here. I love the sales people and the company. However, Management has always been a problem, especially in the customer service department. New management is not always flexible or caring to the way things had been done in the past. I love working customer service, handling the phone calls, processing sales, meeting people. Some times you work with large amounts of cash so be fluent in counting and management of it. There is inconsistency in management and sometimes it feels like you need to watch over your shoulder at all times. It depends on store to store and you won't know unless you're there
Pros
Community vibe, great interactions with sales and customers
Cons
30 minute lunch per 6 hours, which is standard but sometimes not enforced
Get by job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Massapequa, NYDecember 28, 2017
Worked this just on the side just to get through school. It was an ok job for the most. Sit down job, old salespeople trying to con people all the time.
Raymour
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJDecember 26, 2017
I worked on the clearance side and of course it was expected to sell the same or more as the regular stores, which was ridiculous since everything was in the clearance everything was discounted half price and having selected pieces. It was tough, if you don't sell what is expected of you, you could easily be fired. I saw many people that have worked there for years fired for their numbers. IT is considered a family oriented environment and owned by family but do not really show it.
benefits
Cons
no guarantee
commission based
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PADecember 26, 2017
If you have never worked in a commission based environment like myself then this may not be the job for you. A lot of down time and your draw(weekly salary) is only a loan... so when you finally make that big sale and you do not receive a large commission check don't be shock. You have to consistently make more than what they pay you weekly/ your draw. For example if your draw is 1,000 per pay period and you get paid every two weeks 2,000 total a month you have to sell over 20,000 in product(10% commission) to break even, and even more to receive more than your draw or get a commission. With hourly employment you come in do your work and get paid, do really good get a raise. No raise in commission for work for job well done, actually you can be a real bad employee as far a being on time , don't take customers... etc , but up walk in a 20-30k sale and now you have made your draw plus commission. It all depends on the client and how much they are willing to spend. I always seem to get the budget shopper. Commission base employment is a gamble.
Stressful work place
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTDecember 24, 2017
Lack of management , stressful hours , bad equipment, the management team doesn't care about employers only cares about numbers, need to be in the best shape of your life to do the job
enjoyed working with fellow teammates
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NY 12603December 18, 2017
One of the most unorganized companies i've ever worked for. Because it commission based and not hourly it can be an unfair work environment for anybody does not 100% agree with management at all times.
Pros
Good Pay, Tips
Cons

Want to know more about Raymour & Flanigan?

Ask a question
Decent but tough job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PADecember 18, 2017
It’s very demanding but the pay is actually pretty good plus the tips are nice. I also liked that the customer’s furniture was usually inspected a day or two before delivery.
Pros
Usually decent money
Very stressful and competitive
Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Waterford, CTDecember 16, 2017
Training is almost non-existant. You are expected to learn on the job and you get no support or assistance. When you ask an operations question you are belittled.
Pros
Furniture discount
Cons
Often you cannot take a break because they were always short-handed.
Leadership
Clearance Center Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYDecember 14, 2017
I learned leadership. when i first started the job i had no idea that i would still be there three years later and getting promotion after promotion with me working extremely hard to learn the business
Stressful and NO Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
Terrible place to work if you have a family ... There is no work life balance.. Managers are just thrown into there positions and not properly trained...
Pros
benefits are great
Cons
managements is horrible
family oriented environment
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Central Islip, NYNovember 29, 2017
I would say in a nutshell that this company does try to keep the environment very family oriented. everyone knows everyone and being there to help one another is quite common.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great company with wonderful people
REGIONAL OF HR FOR UPSTATE Stores, and Support (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYNovember 26, 2017
Raymour is not only a stable but a growing retailer. They offer a complete benefits package and many opportunities for advancement. The owners are all very committed to creating a thriving business to support the associates.
Good Company to work for
Store Stock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 16, 2017
Started here part time when I was in college, & transitioned into a full time position after graduating before leaving. Loved the people that I worked with, and always had opportunities for overtime; which I took full advantage of. Plus, if you're a college student they offer aid in your tuition.
Pros
Nice staff, Great Benefits, & Awesome HR Department
Cons
Pay could be a little bit higher
Great company
Customer Delivery Epert (Former Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJNovember 15, 2017
Great company with the ability to move up if you put in the effort. Management is fair and understanding. Work can be tough but give it time and you will get used to it.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Only 3 personal days per year
varied fom slow to very busy
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CT 06040November 15, 2017
good work environment
comfortable culture
good relationship with management
related well with coworkers
good support from management
traffic and opportunity erratic
frequent product seminars with vendors
Pros
comfortable work environment, good benefits
Cons
travel distance, very competitive
Overall good place to work.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montgomery County, PANovember 9, 2017
Fast paced environment with good on the job training. Facilities were always clean with proper up to date equipment that made working a lot easier. Friendly co-workers and overall positive environment.
Pros
friendly co-workers, good training, nice benefits
Cons
management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymour & Flanigan. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9