Raymour & Flanigan Employee Reviews

Going down hill
Sales (Current Employee) –  Long IslandJune 19, 2019
Used to be a great company. Business is down and seems like moral is down too. Benefits look like they are being cut. Last few years medical keeps pushing extra coaching to get lower costs in premiums. Managers aren’t around like they used to be. Just don’t like my job anymore.
Pros
Coworkers are the best part of the job
Cons
Work long hours, schedules not posted and change all the time. Managers don’t seem to care
June 20, 2019

I am disappointed to read you are not happy. Raymour & Flanigan's long term company success has been due to having the vision to change and lead the industry in not only furniture, but more importantly by having great people on the team. I encourage you to please reach out to Carmen, Director of HR, who is a leader in your area, so she can help. You are also welcome to contact any leader, any time, for any reason. Thank you for your feedback and dedication to enhance the customer shopping experience.

It's an ok company
Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2019
A good company to start a job with but very limited in a career scope. Very welcoming and open co-workers. Management can be slow to react to legitimate concerns.
June 17, 2019

For the past decade, Raymour & Flanigan has made learning and internal career growth an important part of the culture. The Learning & Development Institute, University training, Foundations of Customer Care training, and apprentice programs are just some of the opportunities where associates can learn and advance their career. Several leaders in the company started in high school and are now Vice Presidents, Directors, or have other key leadership roles in the company.
Every associate has access to a self development plan to work on strengths and opportunities to advance his or her career goals.

SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Watchung, NJJune 7, 2019
Great place to work and great place to earn great money.
Everyone is very professional and you can tell they enjoy working there.
Management is great also, they work tirelessly ti provide a great working environment for the employees.
Overall nice place to work
Home Furniture Consultant (Former Employee) –  North Haven, CTJune 5, 2019
Pleasant environment, flexible and understanding of special family concerns. great job. retail hours. potential for great income. A typical day at work , greeting customers. helping find the right product., and possibly offering suggestions, I learned there product and systems to close my orders. Management was always helpful. hardest part of my job was some long days during special events. Most enjoyable were meeting many wonderful clients and assisting them to find what they were interested in.
Pros
clean and friendly work enviroment
Cons
Some long hours, during special events.
Great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAJune 3, 2019
Great people. Even during the busiest of times, we worked as a team. Gave credit where credit was due and really appreciated their customer service reps. The sales team knew we were there to help them.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Retail
stresfull
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 30, 2019
they try to only keep you there for a short time no matter how you do they find something wrong with it. very hard on your back at times they try and make you do 2 jobs not to hard if it was not so stressful
Sales
Home Furnishings Consultant (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 28, 2019
100% Commission sales of mid-level furniture and mattresses. The top 1/3 of sales people make a good income. The rest go week to week worrying about job security and dealing with weekly one-on-one meetings with management.
Pros
Free lunch on busy holiday weekends
Cons
Cold calling businesses for gift cards for fund raising events.
May 31, 2019

Enhancing the customer shopping experience is one of Raymour & Flanigan's key values. Top consultants can earn a spot at the Celebration of Champions event as a President's Club winner, receive a Rolex watch, and other rewards.

Dont stay in customer care
Customer care lead (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 28, 2019
If u looking for customer care experience and a check go for it. There is no real advancements once you become a lead you will be stuck there unless you have friends in high places and if you do have those friends you mite be able to skip the whole lead position all together. Get the experience get the check in move o
Pros
If you lucky like i was a good manager
Cons
They pay based on if they like you or not
May 31, 2019

Thank you for your thoughts. Some of our customer care leaders started in part time roles as early as High School. For those interested in self development, and or growing into other positions, there are established Learning & Development programs that offer associates the opportunity to develop from a lead to a management role. We have a dedicated Learning & Development Institute along with an online learning program for all Leads and above. We offer opportunities for all associates to learn, grow and contribute.

Under paid
Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMay 24, 2019
Only here because I have to be for now.... turnover speaks for itself... sales people have to work weekends.... technology is outdated... computers slow
May 28, 2019

We are disappointed to learn you are not happy with your current situation. We encourage open communication for you to speak with any leader at any time for any reason. Sale consultants work weekends as that is when the majority of our customers shop; therefore they can enhance the customer shopping experience. We will look into the why the computers may be experiencing a slow down in your location.

Morale strickening
Store Support Associate (Current Employee) –  New JerseyMay 23, 2019
Working here is good at first but you only get taken advantage of from your first day on. You give them an inch they take a mile. The pay is not sufficient for what they expect you to do. If you do not eat sleep and live R&F this job will be very stressful for you.
Cons
Everything gets blamed on you.
May 28, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and we are disappointed you are feeling stressed. Our open door policy encourages open communication with any leader for any reason, at any time. Please reach out to any leader so he or she may help to understand and improve your particular situation.

Hostile environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2019
Most commission based job is hostile. It is every man for himself. They tried to run a system, but it was very ineffective. Anytime money is involved there is no ethics. This is the worst job I ever worked at. Everyone here is money hungry and evil. You'd be better off finding another way to have an income. Very boring, very slow, very depressing. Please I beg of you do not waste your time. They are looking for bodies not quality. Last but not least (because I could go on and on) if you do not sell you will NOT make money! Hope I save a life.....keep job hunting.
Pros
Free food
May 28, 2019

We thank you for the time you worked at Raymour & Flanigan in a home furnishings sales consultant position. We have several hundred consultants that are very successful because they have developed a loyal clientele which takes initiative, a high level of service and perseverance. Commission based selling is extremely lucrative compared to a minimum wage retail sales role.

Do not work here, please.
Field Support Center (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 18, 2019
You don't eat, sleep or breath anything other than your job during those 9 hours you are there. It's silent and heaven forbid you laugh. Managers are rude and condescending. Turnover rate is high. Training is low. Encouraged to ask questions, but when you do it gets turned into an example of how stupid you are at the next meeting. They don't unionize because if they did, they would be in a world of trouble the things this company gets away with.

Example : Took away our garbage bags .. because we were throwing garbage away in them .................
May 20, 2019

We are sorry that you had this experience. Raymour & Flanigan prides itself on its open door communication policy with any leader at any time, and family culture. We do our best to create balance with opportunities at the Learning Development Institute, team building volunteer activities, and fun events such as food truck days, wellness fairs, and athletic activities. Even though you are no longer with us, we care about your feedback and concerns. We encourage you to call and speak to a member of HR so we can better understand your circumstances.

Great place great people
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 17, 2019
This job taught me allot and introduce me into manual labor. It help me build up to become a leader in my store and beggin to believe in what I was capable of achieving. I worked here for 5 years and till this day I go to the store and I'm treated as I'm part of the family.
May 20, 2019

Thank you for your feedback and five years of outstanding service and loyalty!

My only down fall with Raymour &Flanigan it was a revolving door always someone different working every week
Home Furnture Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 17, 2019
Raymour &Flanigan is a very good Company to work for I am very happy ervryone is very polite, management very professional very cooperative smart and efficient
Pros
Profit sharing
Cons
Crazy hours
June 3, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. To ensure our customers have an exceptional shopping experience requires dedicated associates with flexible availability. Ensuring everyone has work and life balance takes creative scheduling.
We are happy you are having a rewarding experience and hope that you are with the company for many years in the future!

Typical Day At Work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 15, 2019
A Typical day at work first I clock in, second I get my tablet and sign in, third I get ready to greed customers and ask them how can I help them find what they are looking for. Once a customer answers to me we go from there. Customer after customer, sale after sale. I make sure the customer is taken care.
Pros
Lunch
May 17, 2019

Thank you for your contributions to enhance the customer shopping experience!

terrible place to work
Home Furnishing & Sleep Consultant (Current Employee) –  Millbury, MAMay 8, 2019
The new outlet in the middle of central mass that refused to use marketing. The upper management sent a group of 10 individuals to store without making them aware that the outlet would not be profitable for another two years. Half the workforce ended up quitting.
May 17, 2019

Raymour & Flanigan has a world class marketing team that analyzes how to best leverage marketing opportunities and needs. Due to the company's stability and talented leadership, Raymour & Flanigan has had a very successful business model for over 65 years.

Not as good as they will tell you
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 5, 2019
A good group of people to lead but a horrible group of people to be lead by. Owners are good people but apart from that you will have to deal with very incompetent leaders. A lot of Store Managers and Regional Directors have no idea what they are doing or how to lead teams. A lot of favoritism takes place. Nepotism is at off the roof. In this company it’s not about how hard you work or how well you do your job. It really is about the politics of who you know and who has your back. This makes for a very toxic work environment.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Terrible Senior Leadership
May 6, 2019

Your feedback is valuable and important. We encourage open door communication where you can voice your concern to any leader, at any time, for any reason. Please reach out to an HR leader so he or she may better understand your specific concerns. We value your contributions.

I am so blessed and grateful that I'm not there anymore that was the most miserable 9 years at Raymour and Flanigan
Upholstery repair technician (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CTMay 2, 2019
My tip is don't go to apply for jobs there management is to worst I ever Witness they really don't care about the employees and a lot of racist went on
Pros
Cons
Short break
May 3, 2019

Thank you for your service as a technician. If you have a current concern please reach out to any HR leader to discuss.

Typical Day At Raymour
Delivery Supervisor, furniture repair technician. (Current Employee) –  Gibbstown, NJApril 22, 2019
In the role that Iam in now as Furniture Tech we go in and get our vans and parts that we need for the day then we go out and hit the road to do our repairs which consist of wood, upholstery, and leather.

Management runs cold and hot hard to figure out how they are feeling that day sometimes.

Workplace culture from when I started to now has drastically changed for the worst I would saythe moral in the building is low cause of the constant rule changes which know one follows.

The hardest Part of the job is the inconsistency of the rule changes on a daily basis which effects our pay.

The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the interaction that I have with our Customers.
Fun, friendly and enjoyable environment
Home Furnishings Consultant (Current Employee) –  Egg Harbor Township, NJApril 17, 2019
Working at Raymour and Flanigan was a great experience. Not having a sales background I was unsure what to expect. The environment created by management and coworkers was comfortable, fun and easy going. Working on commissions was a new experience for me and I felt in the time I was there it was hard to adjust to an unsteady paycheck.
Pros
Freedom within work place, friendly environment
Cons
healthcare, commission based sales
May 3, 2019

We value your feedback anytime along your journey as a sales consultant. Thank you for providing exceptional customer service!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raymour & Flanigan. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raymour & Flanigan.

Powered by Comparably