Raytheon

Raytheon Employee Reviews

United States3,797 reviews

Found 3,797 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,207 reviews
defenseengineercontractgovernmentengineeringmissilemilitaryprogram

Its a job like all the others

It was a great company to work for if you wanted to get the corporate field but they pay the lowest and that's a sad thing. Not much else to say about the company. I had a great boss but even he left because of such small pay.

Pros

You get to be all you can be

Cons

You can work at 7-11 for the same pay

Great place to work. Team environment. Chances for growth and career advancement. Good work/life balance with 9/0 schedule. I would recommend this job anyone.

Raytheon insights

Based on 1,071 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Depends on which “Raytheon” you are working for….

My first role at Raytheon was with an office that was a somewhat recently acquired small business. My second told was at a “legacy” Raytheon office. First experience was great. Really felt like management cared and wanted me to be successful. Project ended and took a role across the country and the culture was drastically different. Felt like I was just warming a chair. First job I’ve ever quit.

Pros

Free lunch/snacks at recently acquired small business “Raytheon”

Cons

Pointless busywork at legacy, capital “R” Raytheon

Some nice people but most just trash

You can show up to work here and try your hardest, only to be ridiculed and have managers talk sit about you to all their friends. Listen to your intuition and stay away from this place

The people and the team spirit made it enjoyable to work there

The people made the company and their ability to always work as a team to complete assignments. The campus was very easy to navigate. Your ideas and questions were always welcomed.

Pros

Onsite extensive cafeteria

Cons

commuting time

Cool company with great products, overlook employees sometimes

The company makes awesome products. They have pretty good benefits on par or slightly better than others in industry. They have a tendency to undervalue employees at times.

Great Experience

Unfortunate the plant shut down. Great company. Great people. Great opportunities. Solid manufacturing plant with solid management structure and well-staffed.

What is the best part of working at the company?working at bldg 803. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?bike shop and the new department manager a shop manager. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?at the old area managers and department managers took care of you. What is a typical day like for you at the company?just working with your team.

Highest Paying Company in the Area

The pay and benefits are excellent at Raytheon. The main drawback with this company is that it's difficult getting promoted if you are not in the clique.

Not what it used to be

When I first joined the company it was a great place to work. Management had their fingers on the pulse and the company's biggest priority was serving the customer (us dept of defense, mostly) however, since the merger twoth UTC, the message is 100% focused on Financials. There is no longer any company culture to serve our customers and everything is now profit driven. The company has made significant changes and added a lot of new internal processes which means things take longer and costs are going up, yet leadership is pushing to reduce costs. Everything seems very short sighted now.

Great opportunities

It’s a very large company so lots of opportunities to move around if you don’t like your current position. I don’t care for their health insurance with an HSA program.

You're a number

I cannot count the number of times that a manager has referred to a charge number and said that they need more bodies to charge it irregardless of the work required. I've worked with so many people that were unqualified and yet management needed to add more bodies. The problem set needed at most 3 good people, management wanted 7 to 10 bodies on the effort. Yet another big contractor that bilks taxpayers out of their money.

Small campus, Lots of work

Super nice, smart people. Small campus, close knit group. The work is as described in the req. It’s challenging but that’s why they pay well. Going through a reorganization as they try to build up a hardware/firmware group (as opposed to mostly SW and systems). Not much remote work possible at this location.

Pros

Flexible hours, nice people

Cons

No remote work, only 3 weeks PTO

Great work environment

A typical day at work is you know what your working on and you have a good idea of your deadlines. Thing changes sometimes but that's to be expect. Management is friendly, co-workers are nice and helpful as needed.

Pros

Stable environment, good management.

Cons

below average pay, hard to get promoted.

What is the best part of working at the company?Supplying the machinist with their tool and pulling tools to have ready for new jobsWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Shortage of tools waiting for them to come inWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company? Busy every day was different What is a typical day like for you at the company?You had to be alert at all times never knew when a machine was going to break down or someone call in and someone would have to work in another area

HR may benefit from additional training

Multiple opportunities due to attrition. Can be a toxic environment if your manager or team's leadership is that way. I had 5 managers in 7 years. 3 of those managers were good. 1 was meh and 1 was unbearable (politically savy but incompetent). I could have used HR's support but didn't receive it. Strong base salary. HR may need additional training on medical leave. I ultimately took a medical leave of absence against HR's recommendation and the insurance company was shocked I waited so long to take leave.

Pros

strong CEO & division president leadership, many opportunities, strong base salary

Cons

environment can be toxic depending on direct leadership, Hr

I would look else where....

Typical 9-5 or 8-4 or 7-3 depends on what the manager of the group authorizes. The workplace is toxic ASF. You will live and die by e-mail. The trains get so long and condescending, I wonder how anything gets done just pass the buck down the e-mail chain..Standard micro-managing you have come to expect from really any big soulless corporation.You are just an employee number there, no real room or structure to advance. Expect a 3-5 percent pay raise every year, that's it that's all you get. Doesn't matter how hard you work or anything to that effect.The hardest part of the job is the PEOPLE.Most enjoyable part is clocking out.

Good work environment

Overall great place to work , benefits were decent. As long as you got your work done there were no issues. Work was interesting and the people I met were great.

It's a Mixed Bag as a Young Professional

Overall, a really solid company if you are looking for job security and long-term employment. Most people are quite friendly and there isn't a lot of toxic workplace culture (crunch, being shouted at, etc.). Pay and Benefits are solid for the industry and the company often promotes a healthy work-life balance in most functional roles.That said, it can be a bit stifling at times as a younger professional. Since many people are long-term or lifers, career advance within your immediate team or role can be limited (most of my upward movement came from applying and changing jobs internally). A lot of the work is also regimented and repetitive. Granted this is not exclusive to Raytheon but the industry as a whole. Still, it would be nice for management to take risks with younger employees and push them beyond just doing paperwork.

Pros

Benefits (great education benefits), Work-Life Balance, Interesting Products and Customers

Cons

Upward mobility limited, Tedious Work and Bureaucracy

Could be better

Hours are nice but always got to be careful with coworkers as they may stab you in the back for promotions. Nice place of you don’t trust anybody. Pay is decent but better at other companies

Good company for career advancement

The company has good transparency from the top down and leadership gives a good vision of where the company is going. Lots of opportunity for continued education.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raytheon.
Powered byComparably