Raytheon Employee Reviews

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sierra Vista, AZJuly 21, 2018
Working with a company well known for their outstanding commitment in helping the community and for allowing growth within the company. Strong management within the whole company.
Good Company - Good People
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
This was a good company to work for. I like that I was able to move around in different areas. I left because I needed to move away for personal reasons. My only complaint is that making improvements was slow and difficult being that we were so close to the end customer (the different military branches).
Great Benefits, worked 9/80 schedule
Administrative Assistant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 19, 2018
I worked a total of 11 years for Raytheon. Great atmosphere, pays well, great benefits, 9/80 working schedule, trains employees.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No hiring at this time
Very Challenging Assignment
Supplier Quality Assurance Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 19, 2018
Good experience working with Raytheon, CA. Good benefits and work environment.

Management was supportive and good work culture and atmosphere.

Worked with most enterprising and competent staff.
Not a very nice place to work
Team Leader II Engineering Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 19, 2018
While I am sure other departments at Raytheon are fun and exciting places to work, Some offices are not. Be mindful of which department your looking to work at. - IIS= >:(
If you are not an engineer, you have little change to move up into positions of importance within the Company.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Dulles, VAJuly 18, 2018
If you are not an engineer you have little chance to move up with in the Company. From the top to the bottom, Raytheon approaches every interaction as a math problem, it is not a business based culture.
Pros
Very good compensation for individuals transitioning from the government or military service.
Cons
Not a strong business focused culture.
Great Place to Work
Software Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COJuly 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time at Raytheon, and would be happy to work for them in the future. They gave me many opportunities to expand my skills and to work on new projects. They encouraged me to stretch my skills.
Work Structure Challenges
Senior Multidiscipline Engineer I (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 16, 2018
I did appreciate Raytheon. One could potentially find oneself in incredible, technical environment. However, the nature of assignment was highly dependent upon project leadership. Since this varied, the result was a "wild" swing in assignment quality.
Pros
Benefits, Technical Challenge(s)
Cons
Advancement, Recognition
Solid company but long hours and the management was not up to par
Senior Contracts Negotiator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 15, 2018
Solid company but long hours and the management was not up to par. Raytheon started out to be a great company until they changed management in our area and then it all went down hill. Several people left due to the lack of advancement and fair treatment.
Pros
Benefits, people I worked with in the programs were like family
Cons
Sr program management lacked integrity
Hard Work Sometimes Recognized
Sr Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 15, 2018
8-12 hour days for Engineers, Scientists
Skills improvement depends upon job assignments
Management usually weak in understanding tasks
Workplace culture is overtime is expected for advancement
Many, many different managers with separate agends
Can achieve amazing team and individual successes
Pros
Many quality people to work with, nice salaries
Cons
impossible deadlines
Raytheon review
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 15, 2018
Fast paced environment with an opportunity to grow in the technical sectors of the company. There are opportunities if well versed in the engineering sciences .
Pros
technical growth
Cons
high stress levels
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  TucJuly 14, 2018
This company is a great company. You get a lot of experience working for them. I dont know wy I am filing this out because I dont care to work for this company ever again.
Highly focused and polished
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
Raytheon knows its mission and executes strategies and tactics to support it. They are very much "on script" with highly development processes. Employees are given minimal autonomy, but the pay, benefits, access to training, and career development resources are all excellent.
Raytheon Foreground Security
Sr Application Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 13, 2018
I loved working for Raytheon Foreground Security but I was a bit of a fish out of water in that organization. Raytheon/FGS is mostly Pen Testers and SOC people. I am a Static Code Analysis specialist and I was the only one at Raytheon/FGS while I was working there.

The management there was as good as anyone could possibly want but they were a little unfamiliar with my line of work. As a result I got the impression that I was on my own when my contract ended.

They tried very hard to hold onto me but it did not happen the way we all wanted it to work out. I do not believe that this is the way that anyone wanted it to be but all the same, I was on the outside and a definite minority.

I don't know if familiarity with static code analysis contracting would have changed what happened to me but I can't help but believe I would have had a better chance of staying with Raytheon/FGS if they were more in tune with static code analysis work.

The organization is what it is and I would have liked to stay but it was not to be. If I were a pen tester or a SOC person, I would still be there but I was in a different line of work. It was not their specialty and if a static code job came available that was attached to something they specialize in, I would still be there.

I do recommend Raytheon/FGS as a wonderful place to work with excellent people. When I was there it just wasn't a place for code analysis personnel. Outside from the one contract that I was on.
Pros
Outstanding work environment
Cons
Not much for code analysis people
Some interesting work, but overall lifeless culture
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2018
I originally went to work for Raytheon because I had met and worked with a number of people on a project that was shared between Raytheon and Northrop Grumman. However, after I started working at Raytheon, I felt the projects were less math intensive, and the problems were mainly maintenance issues, or rewriting poorly designed and poorly written code.

Over time, the technologies never grew, the thought process of architects and senior systems engineers seemed to be stagnant, and I felt myself not being able to grow intellectually or individually.

I decided to jump into the e-commerce side of the software industry, and have enjoyed the open culture, the ability to move technologies quickly, to be able to experiment, and just an overall, sense of movement. The government and associated contractor culture is too quiet, and moves too slow for my liking.
Pros
Job security, health benefits, salary
Cons
Quiet, boring culture, ancient technologies, ancient thinking, etc.
Lots of meeting
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 12, 2018
Not very much diversity...culture is not very flexible..big on technology but management still does a lot of manual processing. the manual processing gets in the way of doing the job efficiently and effectively
Pros
gym
Cons
meetings, not flexible, none ability to telecommute
Productive and flexble working hours
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2018
I like Raytheon even I have to pay for my own cup of coffee. everything top secret here but I have no complaint.
IDS dept moving to Andover upsetting all employees. Good thing is they announced about a year before closing the door for us. some employees will transfer to other dept and some will move with dept to Andover. I hope everyone get job here or outside Raytheon. we are all have great workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, job culture, free gym
Cons
No job security, no free coffee, some favortisim.
is anyone EVER going to start hiring for real anymore
contractor/assembler and test (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 11, 2018
Am getting sick and tired of companies refusing to hire full-time employees, and hiring contractors to fill the gaps... understand recent government regulations (ie; ObamaCare) make hiring employees expensive, but workers have NO reason to commit to or go the extra mile for a company when the company will drop them at the first business downturn.
Pros
steady work
Cons
lack of advancement/job security
Good company
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 11, 2018
Pros:

- Good company (if hired permanently)
- Nice work environment

Cons:
- Long contractor terms
- No a chance to become permanent
- Low pay
- Bad management
Great learning environment
Facilities Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2018
Great place to build upon the many skills I learned in the military. Many opportunities to enhance and create processes for improvement. Management provides latitude and encouragement to seek solutions to team issues.
Pros
Work shcedule
Cons
Lack of holding people accountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.3Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

44%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.