Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 1,467 reviews matching the search
Short and sweet
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 21, 2017
typical day was conducting a closing of a department within the company. Not much was learned and not too challenging. I did enjoy working none the less
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDSeptember 21, 2017
Worked here since my graduation which has been more than 9 years. Work environment is good. Supervisors are very helpful and treat you with respect. Co-workers are capable and you can learn a lot from them.
Friendly work environment
Electrical Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
The internship revealed a strong culture of learning at Raytheon. I was impressed with how knowledgeable and approachable the employees were. During the internship, the hardest part was developing system requirements and thinking about how to begin developing multiple sub-assemblies to achieve our goals. This was my first time feeling like an electrical engineer and I loved it.
Grat peope great work inviroment
Site Security Specialist/COMSEC Custodian (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2017
The overall workplace culture and customer satisfaction is very good! We all work together to get the job done as a team and always come out winning!

So task are a challenge bt we like challenges and grab them by the horns and cop them town.
Good comapny learned alot
Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  New HampshireSeptember 19, 2017
I really enjoyed this job as it gave me real job satisfaction. I enjoyed completing projects. This was an interesting job that allowed me to grow. Should've received my degree earlier
Pros
job satisfaction
Cons
low pay
Nice company, nothing special for Silicon Valley
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 19, 2017
Raytheon offers some nice perks like a 9/80 work schedule and the best education packages I've ever heard of. They actually bring in instructors to host masters programs for their employees.
My main concern with the company is that they have over-hired engineers, so many engineers are sitting around without work to do.
Pros
Education, schedule
Cons
Not enough work to go around
was a contracting job
Supplier Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 17, 2017
Raytheon is a great company to work for but I was promised a full time job after contracting and they reneged. I did have 5 different managers in 5 years so that was also an issue. The benefits were great (for full time people) and co-workers were wonderful to work with. Training was abundant and helpful in career development. The most enjoyable part of the job was that it was in the field where you could work independently. Iwould highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
great benfits
Cons
was promised a full time job after contracting and they reneged
It was ok.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSSeptember 16, 2017
I had a great time working for Raytheon. Working on radars was quite challenging at time because of deadlines but all in all a great place. I worked on a lot of radar and different types of electronic equipment.
Okay company to work for
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andover, maSeptember 15, 2017
Union environment, but for the most part good people. Found that most people wanted to coast through at the higher defense wages without rocking the boat.
No training
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VASeptember 14, 2017
Have not been there is so long I can't recall what is good or bad with the exception that the workforce is only as good as the leadership that is in place.
worst place I ever worked
Senior Principal Subcontract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 14, 2017
Raytheon in Louisville KY is the worst place I ever worked. MRP does not work at all. turnover in procurement was over 75 % upper management knew there were problems and did nothing to fix them. had 3 managers in 13 months
Challenging
Principal Material Program Manager (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 12, 2017
A typical day includes changes to yesterday' direction.
I have learned a lot related to government contracting, contracts and supply chain. Management is a bit out of touch with the functions they manage and many have never worked the role at a lower level and/or were brought in from the outside. Co-workers are good but the culture is very demanding and unforgiving. The hardest part of the job is constant change making difficult to perform and succeed. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting paid.
Great.
Financial Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Great place to work at. Good People. Environment is awesome. The work life balance is definitely good. Management and team members are willing to help out at anytime.
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 11, 2017
They don't Push workers for production numbers because of a much greater focus on quality. They train employees better than anywhere else I have worked. Their is a lot of room for career advancement.
Pros
A lot of support from management
Cons
Have to be able to get a security clearance.
Good pay, but a competitive environment
Director (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 11, 2017
Had significant success at Raytheon. Found their engineers to be quite skilled and professional. Management did not have the same qualities that I had hoped. The environment caused competition between managers instead of cooperation.
Depends on supervisor
Sr Electrical Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2017
The workplace culture can very. I have seen some people work minimum hours and enjoy life. Where others are obligated to work their life away. For the most part, employees have a decent work-life balance.

My experience at Raytheon has brought me back to some wisdom I received as a new engineer. I was told "I would rather have a good manager/supervisor than have a sexy title".

Hardest part of the job is the fact that in a large company, politics will always dominate over good hard working ethic.

Most enjoyable part of the job is the products that you get to work on. It's good to know that you help the warfighter.
The hardest part of the job
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Santa Rita, GUSeptember 8, 2017
The hardest part of the job was having to stay late to finish up budgeting for the next year to 5 years. It was very tedious and management wanted to make sure that we did our job and why we budgeted the way we did it.
Decent place to work
Team Lead I Logistics (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 6, 2017
Management does not ask the workers what they feel before making decisions.
Small warehouse inventory area, most space used for production.
No employee responsibility, mistakes made then supervisors need to fix
Pros
Lunch and learns
Cons
No employee responsibility
Production Tech (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 5, 2017
Lenient schedules. Relaxed atmosphere. Very friendly people, willing to help when needed.

Lots of support help. Various break areas thru out buildings.
Cafeteria.
Pros
Flexable hrs
Cons
I really found none.
Great opportunities and fast-pace working environment.
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 1, 2017
Raytheon provides job security, education and advancement. Compensation and benefits are competitive and better than most companies in Tucson. Raytheon works hard to balance job with personal life.
Pros
Job security and great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.