Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 2,930 reviews matching the search See all 3,185 reviews
by far the best company i have worked at
Senior Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 17, 2018
this is my 5th company and raytheon is by far the best company i have worked for . there is definitely work that is stressful but the people there are relaxed and happy . Current manager is good too
Pros
relaxed environment, salary
Cons
still no security clearance
Horrible Hours and horrible deadlines
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXNovember 15, 2018
As sated above. Raytheon had a ridiculously horrible deadlines only because they wanted to outbid the competitor and never thought about the amount of staff or resources needed to refurbh=ish the equipment for the client. Which always ended up having everyone else run around like insane people trying to figure it out. 100 plus hours a week is insane and often times didn't feel like I had a life at all.
Honestly, do not work here
SYSTEMS TEST ENGINEER (ANALYST AND INTEGRATOR) (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2018
The work culture at Raytheon is very toxic. Several of my friends left due to the negative work environment at Raytheon Missile Systems. I would encourage applying to other defense contractors if that is the line of work you are looking for. Getting promoted or switching positions within the company is all about seniority. This company is very conservative and cheap. Go work for Northrop Grumman instead! Way better company.
Pros
Salary is competitive in affordable cities.
Cons
Work Culture, Management
Enjoyed working with my team
Computer Network Technologist 1 (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LANovember 14, 2018
Shift pass down, morning meeting, review logs, monitor network, work trouble tickets, over the phone assistance, plan, schedule, execute updates, continuous communication with team members and higher echelon.
Pros
Working with the Military
Cons
Contracting position
great company
Supervisor / Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 13, 2018
excellent company to work for, good training programs. good benefits for employees. allows travel at a discounted rate. good management personnel great pay
Great people. soulless unthinking bureaucracy
Staff Scientist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MANovember 13, 2018
Great coworkers, interesting projects. Infinitely flexible schedule as long as you get your work done on time. My division works mainly on small research projects, which are greatly hindered by rules made for $100 million programs. Taking months to place a $100 order on digikey doesn't result in projects getting done quickly.
Pros
interesting work. good coworkers. flexible work scheduel
Cons
bureaucracy hinders small research projects
Work Environment
Project Manager/Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 13, 2018
Very professional work environment with a high degree of self-direction in the performance of daily activities. Enjoy the work place freedom with regular reporting in the form of weekly/monthy progress reporting and open door policies. I have been retired for 4 years and miss the daily interaction with peers and work challenges. Feel I have significant expertise and skills that would benefit an employer in a very self-directed manner requiring minimal day-to-day support and follow up.
Pros
Self direction, professional work environment, quality management
Good old boy network
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXNovember 13, 2018
Very much an old boys network. They value their friends over true performers. Tough to come in from outside company middle career unless you are previous service member. Very little personal responsibility on behalf of management. More than willing to throw subs under the bus.
Good place to work but sometimes difficult to align with business goals flowing down from the top. Many levels of management can hinder success
Program Ops Manager (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 12, 2018
Great 18 year career at Raytheon with several opportunities of advancement. Met some great people and gained valuable experience. Started as factory supervisor and advanced to program management in my career. Excellent training programs, benefit programs and incentives for career oriented people. Highly recommend Raytheon as a leading employer.
Good company
Sr. IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Billerica, MANovember 12, 2018
Good missions on a variety of Engineering disciplines. International opportunities, and interesting empire resource groups. Support tho each out side your area tho contribute.
worked for a Raytheon joint venture
Sr. Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Patrick AFB, FLNovember 12, 2018
I was employed by a Raytheon joint venture operating a government technical services contract. Pay was middle of the market, benefits were excellent for the price.
Pros
enjoyed the space launch mission
Cons
government contracts are re-bid every 5 to10 years
Lots of paperwork
Senior Electronic Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 11, 2018
I spent most of my days filling out paperwork.
Group meetings were unpaid. I had to work extra time to make up for the meetings in order to get a full check. This is not very good for work-life balance.
Security was taken seriously.
Pros
Good pay, chance to move to different jobs.
Cons
Difficult to bill non-project work.
Productive work envirornment
SENIOR PACKAGING ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CANovember 11, 2018
Never a boring day. learn from various projects and items that I work on daily. Working with a good team that is good about problem solving. Usually have to interface with other departments, which makes for a good day.
Pros
Challenging opportunities.
Cons
Wish it was closer to my home.
Defense Contractor
Mechanical Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MANovember 11, 2018
Raytheon is a large defense contractor. Includes benefits, flexible work schedule, and lots of opportunity to learn. 9/80 work schedule gives every other Friday off, which is very nice.
Sense of Ownership and Pride working with Military Systems
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYNovember 10, 2018
It's exciting to continue to serve and work with the Military after retiring from service and work day to day on systems I am familiar with and great employees in the field of service. I've gained valuable experience from co workers and traveled for the company and was well taken care of to ensure my accomodations were satisfactorily above my standards. Great company to work for especially in the Field Service Programs.
Pros
Per Diem when traveling. Bonuses for Recognition
Cons
more than 80% travel.
Excellent employer
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 9, 2018
Raytheon is a solid company and provides the tools to learn and exceed. Raytheon also has excellent benefits and is very accommodating to life circumstances.
Raytheon
Product Team Lead (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSNovember 9, 2018
The only thing I liked at Raytheon was my job soldering. The management there are in clicks. If you go to the same church or golf together there will be a job promotion in the click. The pay is well below other manufacturing facilities.
Pros
Team mates and training
Cons
pay and management
Overall a Quite Positive Employment Experience
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 8, 2018
The company seemed to be deeply interested and invested in employees' advancement. Flexible work environment - ability to work from home frequently enough. The culture/bureaucracy was a mixed experience but overall I liked working there and I appreciate the training and management experience I received as well.
Field work
Electronics Technician II (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 7, 2018
Only issue I saw was not much support from Management if something went wrong. Always the line workers fault. Employees must be flexible due to the ever changing work environment.
Scheduling
PC Tech Support Technologist II (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 7, 2018
I schedules laptop refreshes for the whole North Texas area that consisted of about 4 sites. I ordered the hardware and schedule with the techs to do the refreshes and send back the old assets to HP
Pros
Breaks
Cons
setting at a computer all day and traveling to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raytheon.

Powered by Comparably