Raytheon Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
41.1K
Found 2,697 reviews matching the search See all 2,936 reviews
Solid company but long hours and the management was not up to par
Senior Contracts Negotiator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 15, 2018
Solid company but long hours and the management was not up to par. Raytheon started out to be a great company until they changed management in our area and then it all went down hill. Several people left due to the lack of advancement and fair treatment.
Pros
Benefits, people I worked with in the programs were like family
Cons
Sr program management lacked integrity
Hard Work Sometimes Recognized
Sr Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 15, 2018
8-12 hour days for Engineers, Scientists
Skills improvement depends upon job assignments
Management usually weak in understanding tasks
Workplace culture is overtime is expected for advancement
Many, many different managers with separate agends
Can achieve amazing team and individual successes
Pros
Many quality people to work with, nice salaries
Cons
impossible deadlines
Raytheon review
Senior Technical Trainer (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAJuly 15, 2018
Fast paced environment with an opportunity to grow in the technical sectors of the company. There are opportunities if well versed in the engineering sciences .
Pros
technical growth
Cons
high stress levels
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  TucJuly 14, 2018
This company is a great company. You get a lot of experience working for them. I dont know wy I am filing this out because I dont care to work for this company ever again.
Highly focused and polished
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 13, 2018
Raytheon knows its mission and executes strategies and tactics to support it. They are very much "on script" with highly development processes. Employees are given minimal autonomy, but the pay, benefits, access to training, and career development resources are all excellent.
Raytheon Foreground Security
Sr Application Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAJuly 13, 2018
I loved working for Raytheon Foreground Security but I was a bit of a fish out of water in that organization. Raytheon/FGS is mostly Pen Testers and SOC people. I am a Static Code Analysis specialist and I was the only one at Raytheon/FGS while I was working there.

The management there was as good as anyone could possibly want but they were a little unfamiliar with my line of work. As a result I got the impression that I was on my own when my contract ended.

They tried very hard to hold onto me but it did not happen the way we all wanted it to work out. I do not believe that this is the way that anyone wanted it to be but all the same, I was on the outside and a definite minority.

I don't know if familiarity with static code analysis contracting would have changed what happened to me but I can't help but believe I would have had a better chance of staying with Raytheon/FGS if they were more in tune with static code analysis work.

The organization is what it is and I would have liked to stay but it was not to be. If I were a pen tester or a SOC person, I would still be there but I was in a different line of work. It was not their specialty and if a static code job came available that was attached to something they specialize in, I would still be there.

I do recommend Raytheon/FGS as a wonderful place to work with excellent people. When I was there it just wasn't a place for code analysis personnel. Outside from the one contract that I was on.
Pros
Outstanding work environment
Cons
Not much for code analysis people
Some interesting work, but overall lifeless culture
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 13, 2018
I originally went to work for Raytheon because I had met and worked with a number of people on a project that was shared between Raytheon and Northrop Grumman. However, after I started working at Raytheon, I felt the projects were less math intensive, and the problems were mainly maintenance issues, or rewriting poorly designed and poorly written code.

Over time, the technologies never grew, the thought process of architects and senior systems engineers seemed to be stagnant, and I felt myself not being able to grow intellectually or individually.

I decided to jump into the e-commerce side of the software industry, and have enjoyed the open culture, the ability to move technologies quickly, to be able to experiment, and just an overall, sense of movement. The government and associated contractor culture is too quiet, and moves too slow for my liking.
Pros
Job security, health benefits, salary
Cons
Quiet, boring culture, ancient technologies, ancient thinking, etc.
Lots of meeting
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAJuly 12, 2018
Not very much diversity...culture is not very flexible..big on technology but management still does a lot of manual processing. the manual processing gets in the way of doing the job efficiently and effectively
Pros
gym
Cons
meetings, not flexible, none ability to telecommute
Productive and flexble working hours
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 12, 2018
I like Raytheon even I have to pay for my own cup of coffee. everything top secret here but I have no complaint.
IDS dept moving to Andover upsetting all employees. Good thing is they announced about a year before closing the door for us. some employees will transfer to other dept and some will move with dept to Andover. I hope everyone get job here or outside Raytheon. we are all have great workers.
Pros
Flexible hours, job culture, free gym
Cons
No job security, no free coffee, some favortisim.
is anyone EVER going to start hiring for real anymore
contractor/assembler and test (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 11, 2018
Am getting sick and tired of companies refusing to hire full-time employees, and hiring contractors to fill the gaps... understand recent government regulations (ie; ObamaCare) make hiring employees expensive, but workers have NO reason to commit to or go the extra mile for a company when the company will drop them at the first business downturn.
Pros
steady work
Cons
lack of advancement/job security
Good company
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Billerica, MAJuly 11, 2018
Pros:

- Good company (if hired permanently)
- Nice work environment

Cons:
- Long contractor terms
- No a chance to become permanent
- Low pay
- Bad management
Great learning environment
Facilities Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 10, 2018
Great place to build upon the many skills I learned in the military. Many opportunities to enhance and create processes for improvement. Management provides latitude and encouragement to seek solutions to team issues.
Pros
Work shcedule
Cons
Lack of holding people accountable
Great workplace
Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 9, 2018
Lots of walking ,I learned all about clean room protocols as well as great friendly people , as for management they are fair , the culture there is very versatile,. The hardest part of the job is getting from building to building the most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work in a great atmosphere and with great people.
Pros
Benifits ability to move up within and paid education
Great Place to Work
Computer Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 8, 2018
Retired from Raytheon, Enjoyed my time there. The Management was very receptive to the needs of both the customers and employees alike. I would recommend working for Raytheon,
Fun and professional
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 8, 2018
It was awesome working at Rayheon loved going in daily and environment. Was very professional envionment opportunities to learn different job duties and functions outside vendors. Reallt wish assignment not ended and there been opportunity for a permanet position.
Great place to work a great support network.
Finance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJuly 8, 2018
In procurement there were lessons learned almost on a daily basis. We always had access to our coworkers and were encouraged to seek them out if we needed there expertise. Management was there to help and encourage us. There was never a "stupid" question, every question and or situation was addressed with respect and courtesy. Hardest part of the job was the constant changes in procedures and the most enjoyable part was the people within the company and our customers.
Pros
Fexible work schedule and able to work from home. Great benefits.
Cons
Policy and procedural changes.
Okay Place To Work
Electrical Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2018
If you want a medium, safe, high paying government job, this is the place for you. If you have goals or ambitions outside of what you're told to do, than this definitely isn't the place for you.
Pros
Get to work with really intelligent people
Cons
Very little work/ life balance, no flexibility on company policies even for special circumstances
Good Company
TMAC System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COJuly 6, 2018
Good Company to work for. Enjoyed my time there. Good team and great environment. Learned a lot during my time there. I would recommend this company to others.
A challenging and interesting place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 6, 2018
A typical work day starts early and stays late. Often 12-13 hour days for exempt employees. The verbal expectation is that an exempt employee will work 48 hours/week before any paid overtime is offered. The company has very strong ethical values and strives to provide high quality products at fair prices on time. Work life balance is the first thing to go.
Overall happy with Raytheon
Consulting Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJuly 4, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the day to day exchange with folks. Management is not as enjoyable to interface.
This company overall has been an awesome company to be part of all these years.
Pros
Able to work from home
Cons
Minimum opportunities to grow.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight