Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 2,813 reviews matching the search See all 3,063 reviews
Great place to network and enjoy work life balance.
Senior Environmental Health and Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSSeptember 19, 2018
Raytheon was a great place to work and a great place for employee involvement. Employee ownership and management commitment is the foundation of their safety culture.
Pros
Great team environment, attention to detail and work rthic.
defense contractor
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 19, 2018
this is a typical defense contractor with the typical problems that come along with it. high turnover and low innovation in some areas. still competitive with defense contractors.
Fun place to work good experiences gained
Student Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2018
Was a good experience for a student co-op provided good experience on what to expect in the real world. Actual real world work was provided. We had good partners and a great manager.
Average aerospace company
Principal RF Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 18, 2018
Some interesting work but this location does not emphasize my specialty. Despite a hug attrition rate and several spot awards, annual review was average and raise was well below inflation. I’ve heard many co-workers who have been here for 10+ years complain that they haven’t been promoted.
Pros
Work/life balance. 9/80 work week
Cons
Not good about promoting from within
Technical innovator and strong business presence
Maintainability / Testability Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 18, 2018
I was hired to bring in expertise in field of diagnostic engineering. Lost the manager with that vision, and then required to operate in a field that was not my center of expertise. Other managers tried to use my skill set, but did not really understand what I could provide. Ultimately, I was compared to employees in a different area of expertise, and could not excel.
Pros
Technical leader in industry and program opportunities
Cons
Focus on profit and not always on efficiency
No Comment
Secretary III (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXSeptember 18, 2018
Overall great company to work for. It was a temporary position. I was not aware of this when I was hired. Other than that everything was great and interesting.
Great Opportunity
Computer Systems Operator III (Former Employee) –  New MexicoSeptember 17, 2018
Great company to work for and awesome place to start. The culture at work was unique because of the location of the worksite. Had a lot of fun with this company.
Options
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 17, 2018
You can learn alot. There are very knowledgeable people there. You can grow your career and change locations. There benefits are good and you can have family life balance.
Busy environment counting money
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Greenville, TXSeptember 16, 2018
Prepare nightly deposit of student loan payments to the FDIC in Dallas, Texas. Organize the preparation of opening mail, sorting and counting the checks, money orders, and cashier's checks for the OCR reader and box up the daily batch for deposit.
Pros
Good company
Cons
Contract based which have time limits
Liked working there
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LASeptember 16, 2018
Coordinated benefits, payroll, interviewing, hiring, training, and related human resources issues with the corporate office, Facilitated the transition of Raytheon after there purchase of Hughes Technical Services Company. Planned employee travel and processed expense reports. Manage all telephonic, written and electronic correspondence for the site.
Great Company to work for learn alot!
Procob, INN, Humit Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  Ft. Irwin, CASeptember 14, 2018
Fast pace, on the move from the beginning of the day to end.
How to interact with variety of Military, Government & civilian enities.
Management hands on to provide a the tools to complete job.
Wide aray of diverse personalities.
Keeping up with the pace.
The everyday learning.
Pros
The Benefits, the positive culture
Cons
Slow Advancements
It was horrible to work there
Program Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VASeptember 14, 2018
Raytheon had purchased a small company name Telemus. The employees were bitter the company was sold to Raytheon and I was the first Raytheon employee to come to that facility. There was no security program. The employees did not take kindly to change. I didn't make it a year.
Great place to work....
Senior Site Security Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CASeptember 14, 2018
Bonuses were good, nice profit sharing check yearly, shut down at Christmas. Good perks to keep the employees happy. Retirement plans is good, to include 401K match
great job i loved it
Material Handler Specialist (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXSeptember 14, 2018
work in a warehouse pulling orders for shipping as well making sure that every movement of item was logged and the item was the corret one an maintaining paper work
Pros
great job
Cons
department moved out of state
Raytheon
Senior Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXSeptember 13, 2018
My time at Raytheon was very tumultous. Business unit underwent a complete overhaul organizationally, ending in a significant RIF. My position was cut.
Pros
half day Fridays
Cons
old building, lack of flexibility to telecommute
Went to work and performed my job
Several Positions (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VASeptember 12, 2018
I went to work and performed my job for 18 years in various capacities as a Production Engineer, Production Team Supervisor, Project Engineer, Occupational Safety Engineer, Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
Pros
Raytheon offered growing opportunities in early years for the area
Cons
Experienced limited growth opportunities and shrinking footprint for the area
Loved the people and the missions
Sr. Program Cost Schedule & Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 11, 2018
Program specifics present a case by case opinion, as with most industries. I was part of an amazing team and small portfolio of programs. I loved my time there.
Productive and fun work enviroment
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Production Machine shop enviroment
Cleanest machine shop in town
Flexable work enviroment
good work life balance
Friendly work enviroment
great managers
Pros
Flexable work schedule
Cons
can be stressful at times
Loved working with a great group of veterans.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER II INSTRUCTOR/WRITER (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 11, 2018
Co-workers were great, management was okay, as long as you got your work done they pretty much left you alone. not a lot of room for advancement. Not the worst place to work.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
No advancement
An alright place to work.
Senior Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2018
There were some interesting challenges. I was usually pretty isolated from my management. Often we worked in different buildings or even on a different campus. It was not unusual to go 6 months without seeing or talking to my manager. Also, most of the managers I had were from completely different disciplines than me.
Pros
Short communte. Some interesting work.
Cons
Poor communication avenues with management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Diversity score

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Raytheon.

Powered by Comparably