Raytheon Employee Reviews

Found 3,074 reviews matching the search See all 3,359 reviews
Poor management
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMarch 17, 2019
I was there to work and not make friends. If your not buddies with the supervisor it makes things really hard for you. When you take a vacation make sure you get proof ot something that shows your vacation was approved by your supervisor.
Pros
The food was great
Cons
Management sucks there
Very busy office.
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kwajalen, Marshall IslandMarch 17, 2019
The best part of this job is that it was always changing. Plus I got to work with a lot of different people and help new families when they came to the island.
Pros
People
Fun Projects
Collaborative Researcher (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 16, 2019
Worked on some project with unmanned aerial vehicle. Challenging and interesting challenges. Enjoyed the time working with it. Work balance is also pretty good.
Graphic Designer/Illustrator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 15, 2019
The software/ hardware is new and updated, friendly co-workers, chances for learning new skills, professional management, culture of diversity and inclusion, mentors are available for training and development, feeling that I helped the military warfighter.
Pros
great work environmrnt
Cons
no covered parking
OK Large Business
Employee (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 15, 2019
Long hours, some self-serving managers, interesting work, lots of red tape to accomplish tasks, non existent work life balance, employees are cogs, good products
Great Company
Finance Lead (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 12, 2019
Daily huddles and performance meetings. Strong focus on diversity, leadership and culture improvements. Completing job task amongst a sea of meetings. Seeing your opinion and work used to make decisions.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Slow career advancement
Friendly work environment
Analyst and Fires Replicator (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 11, 2019
12 hours work days. Involved in providing analysis and feedback on strenghts and weakness to improve and enhance unit capabilities. People and Soldiers are easy to work with.
Pros
Great Pay for Part-Time on call work
Cons
Only can work 90 days in Germany and time between training rotations
Sr Network Engineer
Senior Computer Network Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 10, 2019
Worked on maintaining the network infrastructure for one of the largest programs on the plant site. There was a high-security profile with everything item that was touched, this was a bit stressful. When in a classified environment, your do not have internet access, and therefore updating/patching can be challenging and difficult to complete tasks on a given timeline.

Being able to work with high end Cisco networking equipment was a great benefit to my job. Being able to work with millions of dollars of Cisco equipment provided a good learning experience.

I recently resigned from Raytheon, I am looking to expand my networking abilities while working in the standard business world. When working in a classified environment, you can be limited on what you work with and what you are able to learn.
Pros
You get paid for all hours you work
Cons
Classified environment a bit more challenging to work in
Not fun place to work
Principal Proposal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sterling, VAMarch 10, 2019
Fast pace work environment. Constant and steady work to keep you busy. No down time most weeks. Management needs training in their inter-personal skills.
Pros
salary is good
Raytheon Technical Writer
Principal Technical Writer/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Marlborough, MAMarch 9, 2019
Working at Raytheon allows for significant independent work. Flexible work schedule and a positive culture. Management recognizes hard working employees and rewards with various achievements.
Outstanding company to work for
Sr. Field Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Ft. Campbell, TennesseeMarch 6, 2019
Great place to be employed. Fantastic benefit package. The engineers are the greatest asset to the company. The upper level management takes a great deal of credit to look out for the employees.
Pros
Outstanding Benefits
Cons
too much time away from family when deployed overseas
Not bad but could be better
Manufacturing Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2019
I worked at Raytheon for a little over a year and never felt as though I was given enough training to do my job. As such I personally felt that job security was low.
Raytheon WorkPlace Culture
Software Engineer/Tester (Former Employee) –  Northern VirginiaMarch 6, 2019
I had a pleasant experience while working for Raytheon. I always worked directly with our customer and not at Corporate, so I don't have an answer for working on premises. When visiting the main building, it seemed like a nice quiet place to work. Given the opportunity, I would work there again.
Good experience for starter career
Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, RIMarch 6, 2019
Good company for starting as an technical engineer or scientist. Very wide company product set, challenging process culture. Evolves to technical standards slowly for competitive systems.
Pros
Good pay, multiple plants.
Cons
management layers
its OK to work here
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 6, 2019
Raytheon is OK to start working here but Medical Benefits are poor to the worst in the Industry and over time many new hire leave after 2 years, but they are the ones the company wants to keep and they tend to get the best raises and promotions.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Poor Medical Benefits, Pay and low to no Promotions
Micro Managements
Senior Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 5, 2019
GM manager brought in and ran the department as a auto manufacturing plant. Got rid of planners and made manufacturing engineer planners. The was not a good move
Lots of travel.
Patriot Instructor Writer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 5, 2019
Gone for months on end. Was on travel out of the country, back to back. One year I was gone seven months out of the country, came back and was expected to do it again 6 months later.
This was a full time travel job
Resident Engineer (Civil Engineering Technician) (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 5, 2019
Parsons was the second employer I've had on the same Government Contract in a 29 year period. I have worked in 47 States, Two US territories, and 2 foreign countries on this contract. Asking my Job Location is irrelevant because the surveyor doesn't allow you to put "Nationwide" or "Worldwide" as an option. I put the World Headquarters as the location, although I've never been there. I've had job assignments as short as a week and as long as 3 1/2 years. I even changed employers during one assignment because I started the assignment as an employee of one of their subcontractors. I've worked in -40° weather and 120° weather and everything in between. Sometimes I work inside, sometimes outside. The cab of my truck is often my office.

Raytheon is a Worldwide company that works mostly for Government Clients. . In my job with one exception I did not report to a Raytheon office or facility, I report directly to the client's facility would could be a huge building or a remote mountaintop site, or even located out in the middle of a farmer's field. The job is full time travel to anywhere the client has a need of our services. In my job position, if there was no assignment available at the moment, I didn't work and didn't get paid for that period.
The company's future appears shaky
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 4, 2019
I would prefer not to comment other than the company is now recognized in the international community in not being able to keep their programs on schedule due to several internal factors.
Work-centered environment centered upon meeting goals
Summer Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Andover, MAMarch 4, 2019
Great working culture, nice facilities, takes the job very seriously. Protocol and meeting deadlines and group goals are all priorities. Benefits seemed good, though I did not apply for them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

35%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss