Raytheon Employee Reviews

There are many opportunities within the company
Industrial Graphic Artist II (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 10, 2018
Depending on the contract one is applying for I would recommend Raytheon to anyone.

There are many opportunities for training and a career change and/or advancement within the company.
I loved working for Raytheon
FACILITIES TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
The division I worked for was a construction Engineering division. I worked in many large scale projects. I had challenges that were fun to meet. When one project ended there was always another one that they would move me to. I worked in just about every dept. in the building. From mail room to procurement to facilities. It was a great job and I would have stayed there for the rest of my working career if they hadn't have closed the Tampa Florida location.
Pros
The people were the best
Cons
They closed the office and my job moved to Phila.
Poor job security
Web Developer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MAApril 10, 2018
I interned for the company's BBN division when they were trying to integrate the culture after their aquisition a few years prior. This was after I'd interned for them the previous year and theculture was enitirely different. Peopl were leaving because they couldn't be sure of their jobs staying around while Raytheon cut staff.
Pros
Co-workers were nice
Cons
difficult to advance a career without knowing when your job would be eliminated.
Raytheon
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAApril 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for Raytheon as a production assistant. There were many opportunities to challenge myself. I excelled within the special environment we were working in. The machines we used were very interesting and they have shown me how quickly a specialized production environment functions under consistently short time constraints. I had fun working for Raytheon.
Pros
Special Training
Cons
Work / life balance
Less Than Expected
Property Administrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NE 68124April 9, 2018
Raytheon seems to be about profits, they undercut their departments and seem to keep profit at their most focus. Felt they squeezed all out of me then through me away when they felt they could get no more. They're all about perception and small on action.
Pros
Fellow workers are fantastic
Cons
Management are uncaring
Good work life balance good benefits
Export Licensing & Compliance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 9, 2018
Good work life balance and good benefits but old school mentality with a lot of politics. Hard to move up the ranks and small annual raises make for lower salaries than competitors.
Worthwhile
Financial Analyst II - Program Finance (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 6, 2018
Raytheon is integral to the success of the US War Fighter. Working there brings a sense of purpose. The pay is above average and there is ample opportunity for advancement.
Good company, implementation issues
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 6, 2018
Raytheon as a whole is a good place -- they have a bunch of interesting projects and a lot of talented people. The culture is rather progressive, and there's a lot of push to catch up with modern practices. I learned a fair bit about REALLY BIG projects.

But. There are a number of old guard who refuse to budge and adopt practices or patterns from the last ten years, and because of their seniority, they get a fair bit of management top cover. The mid- and low-level resistance to change hamstrings a lot of pieces of the projects.

Good company. Frustrating workplace.
Pros
Good ideas, bright people, interesting problems
Cons
Regressive middle management
Better for salary or young people
Cleanroom Custodian (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 5, 2018
Good if you get in young and move up quick...but slow pay advancement means 5-6+ years before you're above service industry pay. Promotions etc. based on seniority NOT merit means lazy gets promoted as long as it's persistent. Also a small town of soap opera-esque rumors. Great fit for some, not so much for me.

Also pays well for salary.
Pros
Lots of PTO, free career training (with effort) multiple daily breaks, decent pay (eventually)
Cons
Promotion based on time spent with company and not on merit, lots of drama
Interesting and Inspiring
Mgr Planning UEWR ClearCod Radar/FAA Radar (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 4, 2018
Good environment in most areas.
Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the constant conflict between engineering and program management goals and expectations.
Enjoyed the people
Pros
local
Senior Paralegal
Senior Paralegal (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 4, 2018
• Database management updates, interview and investigation of persons with relevant facts.
• Schedule depositions, prepare discovery, draft minutes related to subpoena and contract disputes.
• Prepare settlement demands and create reports.
Always Trying, but can't quite get it.
Senior Systems Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 4, 2018
Has an awesome opinion of itself, but fails to deliver on many fronts. They pay well, but it becomes a mindless droning of process and risk hedging that leads to oblivion.
Produced Results
Senior Construction Manager, Pacific Basin (Former Employee) –  Pacific BasinApril 3, 2018
Manage, plan, organize, and successfully execute US Government construction and commissioning projects for water and wastewater treatment facilities to include all primary water related infrastructure on remote Islands in the Pacific Basin in accordance with the PACDIV MAC contract.
Pros
Produced Results
Cons
Worked too hard
working environment
Technical Support Enginner (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 3, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people. Being off a week during Christmas. Working hours are in the morning. Health insurance. Paid vacations.
Pros
paid vacation
Cons
no pension
Typical aerospace company
Manager II (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAApril 3, 2018
Departments and programs are rigidly structured; little flexibility in job duties. Management using EVMS emphasizes profit before product. Personnel assignments based on availability rather than appropriate skill match.
Pros
excellent compensation
Cons
rigid work environment
managers attitude
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 3, 2018
The manager I worked for was a power abuser. He also had poor leadership skills. His racist attitude was what made me leave the company. He had no empathy fr employees
Great place to work as a developer
Software Engineer (II) (Current Employee) –  Riverdale Park, MDApril 2, 2018
Learned alot on many projects. Only leaving because I got stuck on a team where the tech lead was remote and it was hard to get enough guidance. Otherwise a great experience.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of corporate trainings, hierarchy, etc.
Think twice before coming to work at Goleta EWS
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CAApril 1, 2018
Good company supporting legacy products. Huge tension between new employees and current employees at Raytheon. Many employees at retirement age are afraid to be replaced by new hires. New hires were tasks with mundane assignments to prevent from succeeding in their role. Senior engineer belittle and humiliate new employees to show that they are superior. Some Immediate managers micromanage and criticize others in public. Goleta used to be a good location but recently turned into "Ghost Town" due to the wildfires, mudslide and the closure of 101 freeway (esp. during several mandatory evaluation).
Pros
Good benefits, good pay
Cons
Politics, micromanaging, tensions between coworkers, criticism
it's okay to work at
pc/Server Analyst 1 (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 29, 2018
it is good place to start a career or to advance if you are a engineered or programmer. Not much opportunity for anyone in desktop support most of that is contracted out.
Pros
pay well
Cons
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Field Engineer and Technical Specialist (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 28, 2018
Very fun group of individuals working on the team, with a good support team at Corporate headquarters. Provided education opportunities and options to increase your position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight