Raytheon Employee Reviews

Na
OPERATIONS ENGINEER - SATELLITE OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2018
The atmosphere was unprofessional. The employees always complained about management and one another. The pay for the area was far below what it should have been.
A good place to start your career
Manager III, Organizational Communications (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 28, 2018
Raytheon is an exciting place to work with a great mission. You will learn, develop and have some great experiences; however, there's a price to pay. You will put in long hours, including nights and weekends. I had a few great bosses who were exceptional; however, that's unusual and rare in this environment. There's a strong tendency to manage people rather than leading them.
Pros
Good pay and nice offices.
Cons
Long hours and few real leaders
overall rating
Property Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAMarch 27, 2018
Didn't like the way raytheon and management laid off a employees with ten years or more and offer servance package to them when people with less than thirty days on the job keep there jobs.
Low Risk Place to Grow in A&D Industry Knowledge
Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAMarch 27, 2018
Raytheon is a great place to work if you desire a stable, low-risk career in the Aerospace and Defense sector. Depending on your role, it provides great work/life balance and benefits (9/80, 4 weeks PTO, Paternity Leave, etc).
Avoid unless you are starving
Full Time Employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 27, 2018
Toxic environment, but leadership is very covert about it so that they do not get into legal issues with Human Resources. They pay very low across the board but expectations, accountability and work load are very high.
Pros
There are some really sincere talented and good team members, You are not given overtime pay so can only work OT if you take "comp" time
Cons
Much politics and favoritism. Have also seen nepotism, racism, homophobia and misogyny
Great training if you prefer a non-hand holding, expect to learn on your own environment
Information System Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2018
This company runs itself like a sweat shop. They say they like six sigma, yet the legacy people feed off of this place, not intending to retire or leave and discourage new ideas that in turn run off new talent. I don't see younger people staying at Raytheon, unless there are no alternatives for them elsewhere. Management does not want to see or hear about problems and the cut throat environment is highly encouraged.
Pros
9/80 work schedule
Cons
Management and heavy workload that is handed to new people.
Consistent four stars.
Software Engineer (windows applications) (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 26, 2018
I’m not an expert in this area, but I would rate this as a consistent four stars. Excellent work in the area of expertise. Consistent four stars....
Senior Systems Technologist
Senior Systems Technologist (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 24, 2018
It is a very good company to work for. Company is growing. Pay and benefits are good. They work with the latest technologies. They have numerous teams. Lot of flexibility. Many teams work many hours.
Desktop publisher for large aerospace proposals
Media Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 24, 2018
8-10 hours day
learned new software
management needed improvement
enjoyed the relaxed environment
great team to work with
hardest part of the job was 16 hour days
enjoyed the final product and getting the proposals delivered to the clients
Pros
Nice people, gym on campus and cafeteria
Job Description
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 23, 2018
I was hired under a job descripion unlike what the real job entailed and was told that the hiring manager did not like me because I was their 2nd choice.

Want to know more about Raytheon?

Ask a question
Challenging place to work
Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 23, 2018
A very large organization with plenty of work to keep you occupied. Working with peers was great. Good team environment. Managment was difficult to work with at times, and at other times they were great. Depends on who you get.
Pros
Freedom to excel if you put in the time.
Cons
Advancement can be difficult at times.
Typical large government contracting
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 23, 2018
Decent pay for role I was in, enjoyed my colleagues, management was ok. Best part was the people I worked with and we were not micromanaged. Nice work/life balance.
Pros
Flexible schedule and pay
Cons
Disconnected from management
Raytheon was a great company to work for.
Benefits Specialist/ Enrollment Broker (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMarch 22, 2018
I worked at Raytheon as a contractor and was treated very fairly, by the company, during my time of employment there. Even as a contractor, Raytheon still provided some parking assistance.
Pros
The company was fair and balance with its employees.
Cons
Paid vacation time would have been a plus.
Busy Place to Work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 22, 2018
I have nothing bad to say about this company. They have excellent benefits, and is a good place to start a new career. There are people in management who tend to hire people who act, and look like them.
Pros
Poor communication, and lack of financial tools
Cons
High turnover rate
For the most part it was a typical government contract job.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSMarch 21, 2018
It was a good job. Like most it has it's good and bad points. I had put close to 15 years there so it couldn't of been to bad. some shift in management and other issues lead to my resgnation.
Pros
If you like busy fast paced
Cons
tight nit group of people
Challenging environment not for the faint of heart
Sr. Technology Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAMarch 21, 2018
Looking at my roles in new business, technology management, and programs management, the matrix organization structure of Raytheon can be challenging. Very structured management.
Pros
Challenging projects and timelines
Cons
Highly structured management
Engaging place to start your career- just don't stay too long!
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 21, 2018
You start your career at Raytheon, and slowly most of your peers leave over the years for higher paying positions at other companies. It's sad to see so much regrettable attrition. I spend more time training new people than doing the work we are paid to perform. Starting pay was great, however monetary raises thereafter are bad (2-8%/year) because they really aren't tied to workload or capability- it's more that you are working a important task with vocal leads/management.
Pros
Excellent support for diversity (RBEN, Glbta, Rvets)
Cons
Healthcare plan is terrible (High Deductable HSA) - pay out of pocket till $4000, then 20% thereafter - YIKES!
Good Company
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 21, 2018
It is a good place to work especially for career development; very collaborative and supportive. Good benefits, jobs security and cultured environment.
Pros
Good work environment
Productive place to work
Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverdale Heights, MDMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work. The company incorporate a great work-life balance initiative. Great benefits, employees and very flexible. Excellent company to work for
Productive work place
Supply Technician, TIC Librarian (Current Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAMarch 20, 2018
My day is very fast paced, I have multiple things going on, some days it gets very hectic. I'm always busy and I like challenges. Management is pretty good.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Contract work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.

51K
41K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight