Raytheon

United States3,682 reviews

Found 3,682 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,073 reviews

Raytheon insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Time and location flexibility

Its a job like all the others

It was a great company to work for if you wanted to get the corporate field but they pay the lowest and that's a sad thing. Not much else to say about the company. I had a great boss but even he left because of such small pay.

Pros

You get to be all you can be

Cons

You can work at 7-11 for the same pay

Look elsewhere.

Poor management and declining benefits. Hostel work environment and none effective human resources. CEO is opinionated and voices his opinion on company plateforms frequently .Thumbs Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down Thumbs down

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Management at Riverside, Ca. location are the problem, most of the time. Educated idiots (most of them).

Since the company loves to hire management from outside and not promote from within or cultivate the future of management from the floor up.. there is constant lack of communication and not one of the team leads has any hands on knowledge of the any part of any of your be building or layup processes. IMO, it’s far better to have your team leads and upper management have had a hands on role in building or laying up the actual part Weak union and poor management. This company steps on its employees, every chance it gets. They take everything away from us and pay the lowest in the industry. We are left to fend for ourselves and make sure our supplies are stocked up, while always preaching that we need to remain in our work area unless going on break or to the restroom. Lack of communication is this facility’s downfall

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

Management does nothing to support the workers.

People in Aurora are amazing to work with. Aerospace Industry in general is a very high stress career these days.

Worked for Raytheon for 32 years before early retirement at age 55. The industry in general has become extraordinarily high pressure and very cut throat. Although the Aerospace industry in general is very challenging, Raytheon culture in Aurora, CO is family oriented and the employees are a true pleasure to work with which makes the high stress environment reasonable to work in.

Overall good company

Most days are not too stressful where I feel overwhelmed and overworked. Work loads come and go so there will be time where it feels like a lot of work or others where there is not much work. Great first job

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Well balanced place to work with great benefits.

Typical office setting, but with flexible work schedules and great benefits. Supportive management team. Great work/life balance and plenty of opportunity for advancement.

Pros

Flexible Schedules, Benefits, Support

Cons

Corporate Politics

Roller coaster production schedule

Great team of technicians lead by unqualified leadership! Several programs in the facility and leadership fights among them selves about which program gets work space.

People are very nice to work with. Leadership is great.

People are extremely nice to work with and leadership is very engaged and their employees. The Raytheon brand is excellent and very caring work environment. 9/80 work schedule is excellent. Company shut down during Christmas.

Pros

People are extremely nice to work with and leader ship is very engaged and their employees.

Cons

Full Scope Poly salaries are hard to complete with

Disorganized mess

Worst company ever! Overworked with managers who have no clue how to run a company! Horrible place to work would not recommend to anyone. No one is happy working there

Pros

Still trying to find them

Cons

Disorganized idiots running the show

Completative environment

Job was not secured. There was significant competition to secure funded work. I was exhausted to look for any available funded projects to support it.

Pros

Advanced, high technology

Cons

Not secured job

Tight Unrealistic Deadlines

As a contractor, I did not receive an orientation and was thrown into projects. Multiple projects are given at the same time...that are expected the next day. The time line for projects are unrealistic and causes stress. The manager will set an unrealistic time frame for a project like by the next day and not allow an adequate number of tram members to work on the project.

Pros

Paycheck, some coworkers

9/80 flex work week

Good company. Good benefits. Management is somewhat not very responsive. Big company attitude so it take a forever to get things accomplished. Lack of support In some facilities

Challenging, yet awarding.

If deployed, you’re expected to work 84hrs/week. Depending on location, it can be very stressful in austere environments. You may be highly awarded/compensated for your efforts.

Pros

Good pay and health benefits. Management tries their best to take care of employees.

Cons

Lack of job security but that’s expected when it comes to overseas assignments, No days off depending on manning.

terrible company they could not care less about their non salaried employees.

I worked there for 14 months and the benefits and pay were not very good, there was no training budget and the management did not care about the non salaried employees

Pros

good co workers

Cons

bad company

Good benefits and pay. Remote work is available.

New company culture since merger is chaotic. Lots of people changing roles or leaving due to poor leadership and lack of vision, which results in more work and little to no work life balance.

Interesting work

Interesting and challenging work. Made good friends. There are two conflicting cultures here. Those long term employees with pensions and those employees without pensions who are short term by comparison. In another 10 years you can paint over the 40 year parking space.

Pros

Interesting work

Cons

Conflicting culture.

Exciting work, but don't be too good at it or you'll be sorry!

Don't be too good at your job or there will be a target on your back and knives stuck in it soon after. No protection against retribution after exposing attackers.

Pros

Great work hour flexibility

Cons

Too easy for bullies to ruin a persons reputation

Company generally has work

In my situation, the amount of work varied from too much to too little. The worst part of this company is budgets and time cards. In that regard, they are not flexible, unrealistic, and unchanging.

Pros

Will give you as much work as you want

Cons

You will be setup to fail in unwinnable situations, poorly managed projects by inexperienced, untrained managers

Tight Unrealistic Deadlines

Pros

Paychecks, coworkers

Fascinating products

I’ve been with the company 18 years and I wouldn’t have stayed unless I found it completely fascinating. I recommend them. If you’ve got thick skin you’ll do well.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Type A managers.

No Longer the Company I Was Excited to Work For.

Raytheon is huge and the locations vary significantly. After transferring to a new location I felt like I was working for a completely different employer, and not in a good way. The overall morale at this location is the worst I have experienced. Most of the workforce and management are "checked out" in one way or another. I believe that this comes from years of fear-based management although people are rarely fired.The production area is dirty and disorganized. The production methods are outdated and the instructions often do not match actual procedures. There is a significant reliance on tribal knowledge which is a problem since many of the long-timers are retiring.All that said, the pay can be exceptional.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Terrible work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Raytheon. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.5K
1.4K

Women's ratings

4.1Fairygodboss Score

70%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

78%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss