RBC Employee Reviews

51.1K
Found 527 reviews matching the search See all 2,783 reviews
To many mixed messages.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
When hired I was told that I could build up my position, and I did as such for quite sometime enjoyed it. but I was downgraded back to my original position do to current management Deplores having to answer clients calls. There no room for advancement do to Nepotism.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Management & nepotism
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 12, 2018
Great place to work. Lot of opportunities available to prove your skills. Adequate opportunities for growth. Good teams to work with and you get to learn new things.
Great company all around
Developer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 8, 2018
RBC was a great company. The employee benefits were endless. I'm not sure how the company is doing now, but it was a very good place to be a few years ago.
Pros
Good management, outstanding benefits
Cons
Some mistakes around cost savings/offshoring resources
Tough place to work
Director / Sector Head - Consumers (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Super competitive, very demanding in a very tough business. There is a very solid core group of people, very difficult to "get into" that elite crew..
Good company culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJAugust 1, 2018
RBC WM maintains the boutique atmosphere that came from the smaller shops that were absorbed over the years into Dain Rauscher (which was bought by RBC). A friendly place to work with savy and helpful management. Vacation allotments for salaried employees is significantly lower than other financial services companies.
Pros
Great culture, friendly.
Cons
Limited vacation days, no 401K match for commissioned employees.
Miss this Place and co workers
Teller-Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Junction, MNJuly 26, 2018
i would recommend this place to anyone, it was very thorough on training, lots of responsiblity. The management was super professional and comapssionate
Pros
great place to work
Cons
challenging department a new group getting started without much direction
Transformation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 24, 2018
Specifically my department - Great work if one has a programming background, challenging to learn while working with a group, some judgmental others very supportive.

Fish bowl learning style, with no meetings. hard to gauge one's success. building a team while supporting current infrastructure - difficult to navigate.
Pros
flexible work hours, nice benefits
Cons
Judgemental management, no best practice to grow into
Awesome
General Service Associate / Technology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
RBC, is a great place to work in the make you feel like family. and i typical day at work is always busy and i have learned a lot from them especially in the I.T department. my managers are very good to me and i was always treated me well. RBC has different cultures. the hardest part for me working at RBC is leaving home that's how much i enjoyed working for them and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with family that's how good we all got along with each other that i enjoyed helping my fellow co-workers as much as i can.
Benefits
Cons
n/a
RBC review
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 27, 2018
- Very supportive environment for interns to grow and develop
- The programs for interns and new graduates are great, many opportunities provided
- Some teams might not be as active
Very Productive
Purchase & Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Typical 9-5
Learn to affirmed trade on NYSE, AMEX, OTC.
Balance, research and resolve
stock record breaks. Cancel and correct trades.
Make journal entries.
Pros
Transit check, discount meal. Excelllent Benefits
Analyst Intern
Analyst/Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2018
Worked with Senior Account Manager who allowed me to train and learn about basic commercial and personal lending as well as credit principles. Great opportunity for advancement
manager personal and business banking
Manager, Personal and Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2018
I managed a branch near downtown Charlotte NC. I also maintained a business portfolio in which I managed the line renewals and expanded the business relationship.

The culture was great with employee recognition every quarter on sales goals and for the tellers transaction and referral goal recognition
Pros
Great branch system
Cons
US company, but owned by Canadian bank
Busy and productive. Easy work.
Bond Room Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oxford, CTJune 15, 2018
I’ve worked here, at RBC, for many years. The work is not complicated at all. The work is very easy and straight to the point. The company is always willing to train new people with little to no experience.
Pros
Most areas are not physical labor intense
Cons
Not the best paying place
Just a paycheck, not a career.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
I was only at RBC for a short time, however, it is NOT a place I would want to go back to. Pay was decent, but the managers in my department were awful. No room for advancement, and they keep people around who constantly steal time from the company (one person was 16-20 minutes late daily, while the other was 11 minutes late daily). Under qualified people are chosen for positions based on who they know, not what they know (knowledge, experience, etc.). None of the upper level leaders seemed happy outside the stupid monthly “Town Halls”. Fake morale to say the least. People disappear all of sudden (resigning, medical leave, etc.). This is a classic example of, “It looks good on the outside, but once you get in, beware”. My advice stay away from this place unless you are unemployed and are desperate for a job. Last, I am glad I got out.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Loved PNC
Online Banking Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 12, 2018
Best place I ever worked. Hate they sold us to sorry PNC Bank. RBC was managed thoughtfully and accountability was a major component of the work environment, therefore the expectations were set upfront and people were very productive without inconsistency in management.
Pros
Cons
Pay
RBC was a wonderful company to work for
Banker (Former Employee) –  Bay, ARJune 9, 2018
Rbc gave me many opportunities during my stay with them.
I valued my time while working with the royal bank of canada and would love the opprotunity to join them again.
Good company run by good people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Although finance isn't my field of choice, working at RBC was a great opportunity. I felt very welcomed by my managers and team, and still do, even though I am leaving soon. Good benefits, decent PTO, good people running the show.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not ideal work/life balance
everyone should have an opportunity to work here
Syndicate Trading Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 6, 2018
Awesome place to work & advance your career. Management is always has your back. Work/life balance is great.
The ability to work remotely is there as well.
Pros
Great co workers
Total Rewards depend on your business line
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2018
Depending on what business line determine your total rewards. There is a lot of finger pointing and other departments will not take any responsibility.
Avoid Public Finance
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
The San Francisco and Los Angeles Public Finance offices are extremely toxic. There is zero opportunity for advancement, the senior bankers are fighting for their own jobs, and management in headquarters is a joke. They do a great job wining and dining you during recruitment, and then its all downhill. The place is a complete revolving door due to the poor management. They lack judgement, could care less about your career, are extremely disrespectful, and will throw you under the bus any chance they get because they are all very insecure about their own jobs going away.
Pros
leaving feels good
Cons
no advancement, hours of tedious work, cut-throat

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight