RBC Employee Reviews

Found 546 reviews matching the search See all 2,968 reviews
Not a good fit
Product Controller (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 6, 2018
Finance/Back Office is small relative to other Banks and most corporate accounting functions are based in Toronto. This limits mobility and senior management seems distant.. Management not responsive to employee input, which was highlighted by managements response to the employee opinion survey. When management got low ratings for certain questions, they gave a presentation about why the ratings were wrong instead of asking for input. Wasn't a fan of the overall office culture, seemed clique-ish and territorial.
nice company to work
Senior officer (B2) (Former Employee) –  chennnaiNovember 26, 2018
I learned new things which helps us to grow in my carrier and nice company to learn more things they are well trained managers to give training in all products, they helped me in give CDS training
A great Fortune 500 company. If you have experience.
Service Desk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2018
The Royal Bank of Canada, more specifically US Wealth Management, is a prime example of a major company you would want to see yourself in. If asked "where you would want to see yourself in 5 years" and you say "RBC"; I would consider that a valid response. This is even more true if you are someone over 40. RBC has an absolutely insane benefit package. They match 6% into your 401k. 6%! Don't forget about all of the transportation incentives, employee events, golf, and even hockey tickets. The overall environment is very friendly. When someone asks about how your day is going, it's a sincere question where they actually care about you. Management is effective. They have just enough sternness so that you know they mean business, but have an overall chill feel about them.
Pros
The Benefits Package!, Advancement, Management, Golf, Client Base
Cons
Large Corporate Environment, Lots of experience is required to go anywhere
Sales Job
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 24, 2018
Working in a bank is a sales job. It doesn't matter what position you have, your primary goal will be sales. If you enjoy sales, you will enjoy this job. If you don't, I would not recommend applying.
Benefits
Cons
Sales
Interesting Work
Associate, Global Credit (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 16, 2018
Bank is growing so lot's of opportunities. The work place culture is one of the best thing's about this bank. It can be intense. This is normal for all banks's, but i find the people here to be nicer than at other banks of this magnitude.
RBC is a good company
Senior Investment Associate (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2018
I really enjoy my years at RBC. I feel that Management is very supportive in my growth within the firm. The culture is great and it provides a work/life balance.
Relaxed working environment
Packer (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCOctober 14, 2018
I enjoyed working here I would like to return to work here. This place is great the staff is very welcoming and helpful. I really loved here. Recommended for anyone.
Pros
Nice place to work
chaotic
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 11, 2018
I worked with a technology team that directly supported the market risk team. Developers and users sit next to each other. Communication was very direct
Royal Bank of Canada
Employee (Current Employee) –  USAOctober 9, 2018
Good work environment. Progressive management structure. Inclusive management through all employees. Very flexible with all employees.

I've learned to be more structured and focused in my time at RBC.

I'd have to say there has not be a typical work day. This is one of my favorite aspects of working here. There are always situations that need to be dealt with and remediated.
Pros
Flexiblity
Cons
Not many
Great Culture and place to work
Senior Business Associate (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDSeptember 23, 2018
The DC complex has excellent local management. They are very willing to assist with issues for clients, marketing, and routinely provide employee appreciation.

The back office staff is very friendly and quick to respond.
Pros
Great base pay
Cons
Limited upward mobility
Investment Advisor
INVESTMENT ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 20, 2018
This commission based position was incented by bonuses on production and assets under management. This full service firm's payout was under 40%. This was also a takeover of the Ferris, Baker Watts Inc. firm.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Change in the corporate culture
It's ok
Blockchain Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 20, 2018
Not the best. But not the worst either. The work environment isn't bad. You get to learn a lot from their environment and helps you advance further in your career. Just learn what you can and if you like it, stay but if not, leave. There is little room for growth.
Royal Bank
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 17, 2018
This was my first job.

It didn't pay much. I left for more money. and a job closer to home.

It was a new and interesting experience

But I needed more money to live on.
Typical cork day
Post Closing/Trailing Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 16, 2018
This company was a merger of the previous I had work for before the merger had taken place. What I learned at the company was how to handle different investors in satisfying their requirements.
Great Organization
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 13, 2018
Not very competitive when it comes to salaries, work hours are long and very fast paced environment.
Opportunity to advance and great system to use, very strong training program
Good company to work for.
Program Manager (New York Operations) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2018
It is good company to work for. They can be a bit unstructured at times because the company grew organically very fast. Also, be ready to put in long hours if you work there.
Pros
Fun and challenging role with an opportunity to grow
Cons
Very unstructured and haphazard way of functioning
Included in all departments special events
Document Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2018
Efficient training and able to work independently. Manager was wonderful and understanding. Management aware of bus schedules
and allowed employees to leave in sufficient time.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Vacation figured in time worked
Assistant Trust Officer (Former Employee) –  Nassau, BSAugust 24, 2018
Loved RBC. Wish I could find another position with the Company in Canada since the RBC Trust in Bahamas closed down. I enjoyed the people I worked with.
A moral booster?
Funding Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 23, 2018
Our work days are usually long. However management is very flexible. They will work with you if you have prior engagements.
They have classes to better your understanding of a particular product.
We moved from Lower Manhattan to Jersey City . The hardest part was the commute, which isn't bad. It was across the river in New Jersey. 6-10 additional time.
Pros
Casual attires
Cons
Healthcare was less than desirable
To many mixed messages.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
When hired I was told that I could build up my position, and I did as such for quite sometime enjoyed it. but I was downgraded back to my original position do to current management Deplores having to answer clients calls. There no room for advancement do to Nepotism.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Management & nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss