RBC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
51.1K
Found 520 reviews matching the search See all 2,745 reviews
Awesome
General Service Associate / Technology (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 18, 2018
RBC, is a great place to work in the make you feel like family. and i typical day at work is always busy and i have learned a lot from them especially in the I.T department. my managers are very good to me and i was always treated me well. RBC has different cultures. the hardest part for me working at RBC is leaving home that's how much i enjoyed working for them and the most enjoyable part of my job was working with family that's how good we all got along with each other that i enjoyed helping my fellow co-workers as much as i can.
Benefits
Cons
n/a
RBC review
Business System Analyst (Former Employee) –  OntarioJune 27, 2018
- Very supportive environment for interns to grow and develop
- The programs for interns and new graduates are great, many opportunities provided
- Some teams might not be as active
Very Productive
Purchase & Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 26, 2018
Typical 9-5
Learn to affirmed trade on NYSE, AMEX, OTC.
Balance, research and resolve
stock record breaks. Cancel and correct trades.
Make journal entries.
Pros
Transit check, discount meal. Excelllent Benefits
Analyst Intern
Analyst/Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 19, 2018
Worked with Senior Account Manager who allowed me to train and learn about basic commercial and personal lending as well as credit principles. Great opportunity for advancement
manager personal and business banking
Manager, Personal and Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 17, 2018
I managed a branch near downtown Charlotte NC. I also maintained a business portfolio in which I managed the line renewals and expanded the business relationship.

The culture was great with employee recognition every quarter on sales goals and for the tellers transaction and referral goal recognition
Pros
Great branch system
Cons
US company, but owned by Canadian bank
Busy and productive. Easy work.
Bond Room Assembler (Current Employee) –  Oxford, CTJune 15, 2018
I’ve worked here, at RBC, for many years. The work is not complicated at all. The work is very easy and straight to the point. The company is always willing to train new people with little to no experience.
Pros
Most areas are not physical labor intense
Cons
Not the best paying place
Just a paycheck, not a career.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2018
I was only at RBC for a short time, however, it is NOT a place I would want to go back to. Pay was decent, but the managers in my department were awful. No room for advancement, and they keep people around who constantly steal time from the company (one person was 16-20 minutes late daily, while the other was 11 minutes late daily). Under qualified people are chosen for positions based on who they know, not what they know (knowledge, experience, etc.). None of the upper level leaders seemed happy outside the stupid monthly “Town Halls”. Fake morale to say the least. People disappear all of sudden (resigning, medical leave, etc.). This is a classic example of, “It looks good on the outside, but once you get in, beware”. My advice stay away from this place unless you are unemployed and are desperate for a job. Last, I am glad I got out.
Pros
Flexible work schedule.
Cons
Everything else.
Loved PNC
Online Banking Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 12, 2018
Best place I ever worked. Hate they sold us to sorry PNC Bank. RBC was managed thoughtfully and accountability was a major component of the work environment, therefore the expectations were set upfront and people were very productive without inconsistency in management.
Pros
Cons
Pay
RBC was a wonderful company to work for
Banker (Former Employee) –  Bay, ARJune 9, 2018
Rbc gave me many opportunities during my stay with them.
I valued my time while working with the royal bank of canada and would love the opprotunity to join them again.
Good company run by good people
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2018
Although finance isn't my field of choice, working at RBC was a great opportunity. I felt very welcomed by my managers and team, and still do, even though I am leaving soon. Good benefits, decent PTO, good people running the show.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Not ideal work/life balance
everyone should have an opportunity to work here
Syndicate Trading Analyst (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 6, 2018
Awesome place to work & advance your career. Management is always has your back. Work/life balance is great.
The ability to work remotely is there as well.
Pros
Great co workers
Total Rewards depend on your business line
Employee (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2018
Depending on what business line determine your total rewards. There is a lot of finger pointing and other departments will not take any responsibility.
Avoid Public Finance
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
The San Francisco and Los Angeles Public Finance offices are extremely toxic. There is zero opportunity for advancement, the senior bankers are fighting for their own jobs, and management in headquarters is a joke. They do a great job wining and dining you during recruitment, and then its all downhill. The place is a complete revolving door due to the poor management. They lack judgement, could care less about your career, are extremely disrespectful, and will throw you under the bus any chance they get because they are all very insecure about their own jobs going away.
Pros
leaving feels good
Cons
no advancement, hours of tedious work, cut-throat
Toxic Workplace
Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 21, 2018
The part of RBC I worked for was toxic. I felt that, as a woman, I was at a very powerful disadvantage. I felt like I was set up to fail. I felt overworked and exploited.
Pros
High pay
Cons
Everything besides the pay
No Longer in the US
Teller/Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 19, 2018
This was a great company in which to work. However, they no longer have branches in the US. They were bought by PNC Bank. If given the opportunity, I would work for them again.
Focused
Investor Relations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2018
The job was enjoyable due to the different people you intermingled with and I love detailed work so it kept me busy. The clients really varied from different banks and getting to know the ends and outs of how loans are bought and sold was great
Very difficult work environment due to management changes at the top
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 2, 2018
RBCCM has a demanding work environment which is further complicated due to poor operating systems and data quality issues which causes long delays in deliverables due to the necessity of reruns of models due to errors and incomplete data.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor management quality
Lack of Support from Management
Technical Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nassau, BSMay 1, 2018
Since the daily operations of the bank is being managed from Trinidad, the days of fairness, communication, collaboration, and ensuring that the workplace is respected have gone out the window. I wish those days could return.
Pros
interaction with clients
Cons
poor management and toxic work place.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant, Advanced (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 30, 2018
Managers always willing to help. Competitive pay. Employees were very helpful and friendly. Always willing to make work/home balance work out to meet everyone's needs.
A nice company to work for.
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 29, 2018
It's a good, solid company with nice people.
The pace can be stressful and demanding, There is flexibility in working hours. If you like a busy day this is the place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

40%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss