RBC Employee Reviews

Found 570 reviews matching the search See all 3,084 reviews
Stellar Company
SENIOR REGISTERED CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2019
Learned the ins and outs of compliance and operations in the brokerage industry in a fast-paced environment. The management team actually cares about their employees and promoting a health and productive work environment.
great company
Strategic Advisory Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 10, 2019
great values and diverse culture. though workload is heavy, work life balance is balanced. management is flexible with employees personal obligations which is great.
Not Great
Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNFebruary 6, 2019
RBC is very behind the times in technology.
Company culture is not inclusive and salaries do not meet market standards.
The upside is the holiday schedule.
Great company
Relationship Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 5, 2019
Great company. Great benefits. Stock option plans. A vacation accrued after 3 yrs. Great culture for employees. Wonderful time working at RBC Centura Bank.
No Loyalty to employees
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Below industry norm compensation.
Poor, inexperienced management that does not know how to make decisions or manage people. They're objective seemed to be to hold you back & keep salary low.
Management did not share information to help advancement willingly. They were more concerned with themselves looking good so they would pick associates brains for ideas & pass off as their own.
Company is typical heartless in the bank. No loyalty to employees. They are considered expendable. The bank has no qualms about chopping heads & overworking inexperienced employees, I guess they believe employees should be happy to have a job for the short term.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
See review above
Great work environment, team building, professional
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Working at RBC was very informative and it was a very professional environment.

Typical day would be to review all invoices. process Wire transfers to vendors for immediate payments., Assigned and coded all invoices to specific departments within the company.

The most challenging part of the job was when vendors were looking for payments in which services were never received.
I have learned to thoroughly investigate all invoices and ensure what our company was paying for was in accordance to the services we received.

The most enjoyable part was interacting with different vendors and building professional working relationships.
Great colleagues, good corp culture
Risk and Control, Associate Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2019
Good culture, you can take on as much work as you would like but the change process needs improvements. There is minimal change governance and procedures to follow. You need to know how to improvise and work with minimal supervision.
friendly environment where you can learn alot
GOVERNANCE SPECIALIST | BUSINESS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJanuary 31, 2019
I have mix feelings about RBC as it is a very friendly environment but if you work in the accounting dept than you will have late hours. You will be able to take a nice lunch break to work out or have a team lunch when it's not the month close. The company has great social and volunteer events. They are a very diverse company.
Pros
healthcare, friendly environment
Cons
no internal growth
good environment
Systems Analyst / Desktop Tech (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
RBC has a great work environment as a typical fortune 500 company does. the work life balance was great and theres potential for promotion within. there were some stern requirements but they were understandable, depending on the manager
Good place for grow
Associate Portfolio Manager (Impact Investing) (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 30, 2019
Open floor plan for office space with very knowledgeable people. It's a high pace work environment with profitability for the company and client as the main focus.

Want to know more about RBC?

Ask a question
Don’t recommend this place
Manager - Enterprise Risk Management (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2019
It is out of control!
I would definitely think twice before coming here. There isn’t much growth opportunity, people are so miserable here. Try to find another job asap
Not my cup of tea
Fund Analyst, Global Asset Management (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 27, 2019
Great Office; however, the back office cruise through life attitude was not for me. If you enjoy fund accounting though there is no better place than RBC GAM.
Perfect place to work
Stock Loan Associate (Former Employee) –  One Liberty PlazaJanuary 20, 2019
My hours were 7 to 3pm . My co=workers were very nice we all got along and although none of us are there we still keep in touch. My supervisor and Manager were the best . They were fair and made sure we were all cross trained so that when ever vacation time came we were all qualified to fill in.
Pros
perfect working enviroment
Cons
no cons
Productive, Collective Company
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2019
Everyone in the entire firm was unified. Each employee from top down collectively worked towards the firm's common goal. People come to work there and never leave because of the culture and great work. Amazing company, prides themselves on culture, and is making leaps and bounds against competitors in the Wealth Management, Financial Services, and Capital Markets industries.
management is key for a workplace you want to work at.
Senior Complex Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJanuary 16, 2019
coworkers are great, most are very productive diverse group, upper so cal management poor management skills with little to no contact with obvious self serving interests.
Pros
competitive income, diverse personell, paid parking, frequent free lunches
Cons
petty recent management additions to So Cal complex
Best and worst job ever (management changed).
Customer Service Manager/Teller (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I kept a tally of the number of times per day that I was cursed out and/or yelled at for doing my job. For each merger, customers took their frustrations out on the front line. However, very little to no assistance was given by upper management.

The culture was very competitive and basically didn't entertain low performers. The hardest part of the job was firing employees. The most enjoyable times were spent helping customers realize their dreams of homeownership, sending a child to college, and/or saving for retirement.
Pros
Customer support.
Cons
Long hours and deceptive managers.
Amazing place to work
Special Projects, Mergers and Acquisitions Analyst (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 7, 2019
RBC Bank was a great place to work. This was a company that you could see yourself staying at for the long haul. It was unfortunate that RBC Bank was sold and most people went their separate ways. This company felt like family. .
Busy with enjoyable Environment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 6, 2019
Replying to emails and voice messages with attending scheduled hourly client appointments.

Working with RBC was my life's best experience. We had a great team. I had to leave my work family because of my move to USA.
Capital Market was very large department
Senior Business Consultant (Former Employee) –  OntarioJanuary 3, 2019
The capital market department was very advanced with many tools. Had a great opportunity to seat with high performers and develop bond trading tools to improve operation.
Great people to work with
CLIENT ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hunt Valley, MDDecember 28, 2018
Great people to work with.
Good health care and premiums.
Fast paced yet manageable.
Management was ok yet shady at times. We didn't always know what was going on from the top.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
The management was just ok.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RBC. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41K

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight