RC Willey Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 12, 2018
Great company to be in Sales, Excellent Management, Great pay/benefits, Family core Values, Commission driven in sales, Customer support in all areas of business.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Working Holidays
na
Warehouse/Receiving, senior lead (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 28, 2018
i feel that the job is very poor in management and lack of leadership. there is alot turn over in the job they feel that anyone is replaceable. just not career job in my eyes.
free for all on the sales floor. virtually no rules apply
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 26, 2018
Days usually begin with a meeting featuring a vendor training or sales training. The vendor training is somewhat helpful. The sales training is archaic and repetitive. The culture used to be one of integrity. Our feeling was only the best and most honest people were selected. That feeling has changed. Its now a flooded floor with no supervision. I have learned much about different management styles. I have learned much about self starting and self discipline.
Best manager I ever had.
Flooring estimator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2018
I worked in the flooring department. The flooring manager was the best manager I ever had. I've had some nasty ones. I had to quit because I was not making enough money to live on. The others in the flooring dept were easy to get along with. I didn't want to quit.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay.
Great Job With Less Great managment
Cashier, Financial Credit Services (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 20, 2018
It was a good job with a fair enough pay that allowed the full time workers to move up within the company. The main issue I saw was the management & racist profiling among the sales men.
Pros
Free food, snacks
Cons
Management, Sales men
Productive and fun place to work
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 13, 2018
Great and flexible work place. Good pay and solid workplace culture. Really enjoy working with and helping the customers. I've learned a lot from the excellent management there.
Pros
Free lunches and great training expierence
Cons
customer service issues
horrible place to work
Warehouseman/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 5, 2018
I worked there for 7 yrs and start at 11 an hr and at the end was only making a little under 13 an hr. The boss didn't care if you were sick and even if they knew you were productive they would stare at you all day making u feel like you were worthless even though we finished all the truck for the day and sometimes even were asked to go home early because we were done. ABSOLUTELY the worst company I have ever worked for
A good place to work
Furniture Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 29, 2018
Commission only furniture sales associate among 40-50 other sales associates is challenge to earn respectable income, fair with opportunities to work with customers.
fun, easy, professional
Will Call (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 26, 2018
my manager cara was awesome!! all the workers were good people and hard working. good company morale, happy employees. we all got along and liked working for the company. I would go back. loved it!!!
Pros
good mangement, decent money, benefits, extras
Cons
hours
IT was ok to work for this company
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTMay 23, 2018
I cleaned restrooms,mopped floors. got spots off the floor. Sweep the floors. Cleaned the parking lot. Set up tables for the free hot dogs. We were treated different from the sales people.
Don't work here
SENIOR OFFICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTMay 17, 2018
The management in this place is very deeply rooted in their favoritism and their 'well if you don't like it, that's too dang bad'. They'll find reasons to not give employees things like raises, days off, etc. Insufferable to work under.
Pros
Little Manual Work
Cons
Terrible Management
fun company to work for
Carpet Distribution Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 10, 2018
fun company to work for, sometimes long days but can be very productive and busy. Good people who are helpful and allow growth for the individual so that the job can be done in an appropriate manner.
Customer Serice.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 8, 2018
Daily preparations of baking cookies and fulfillment of food orders by the employees and customers.Performed opening and closing procedures,cashier balance and inventory supplies.
Pros
Able to transfer to another department
Cons
Department Mgr.employee favorites, .lacking department meetings and follow ups of the respond to an employee concerns.
Retail sales
Retail Sales Associate - Full Time/Commission (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 29, 2018
my role was 100% commission, to succeed I had to work many over time hours. But the commission got me through college, and it was a great experience. Good job through college.
Pros
fexibkle
Cons
Had to work or didn't eat.
Productive and fun working environment.
WAREHOUSE LEAD (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAApril 26, 2018
RCWilley is a fun place to work, lots of amazing people and lots to learn. Very chill laid back place with the typical work expectations any other job asks of you. RCWilley doesn't really have a dresscode for the warehouse portion of the building other than a blue rcwilley shirt. Very repetitive job but easy and predictable, only time its really busy is during holiday sale periods or during the holidays.
Your experience with the company will really depend on what department you're in.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVApril 8, 2018
I worked warehouse as well as out on the floor. While both were great, working warehouse can get VERY busy and stressful. Management back there is very "iffy" with decision making and WILL play the favorite game with some employees. There's a lot of opportunities for overtime due to a lot of employees coming and going and being short handed. The floor for me was a lot less stressful and was a happier environment. It was a lot better organized than the back ever was.
Pros
Benefits, sick and vacation time, Sundays off
Cons
Poor management in some departments
Good career
Floor Installer/Sub-contractor (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 23, 2018
Enjoy the work environment and support. Quality product and management. The pay is good. I just physically cannot do the work anymore. It is nothing against the company.
Pros
pay
Cons
travel
Fun and Fast Paced Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDMarch 13, 2018
Go go go from start of day to end of day. Very family friendly and team oriented atmosphere. Co-workers are kind and willing to help wherever needed. Positive energy.
RC Willey
Regional Delivery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 26, 2018
Great people, great place to work. Demanding but fulfilling for those wanting to learn more. Proactive cross training throughout the company to better acquaint employees with the company.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Slow to change
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89115February 21, 2018
RC Willey is a decent place to work. As a warehouse associate you work hard, have some breaks in between. It is straight forward honest pay for honest work.
Pros
Good workplace overall.
Cons
Sometimes they hire some ghetto man power guys.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RC Willey. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight