RC Willey Employee Reviews

Long work days , installing appliances always a helping hand , carrying furniture to 3rd floor houses and apt .getting tips at the job
Driver and Home Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 3, 2018
My experience there was good hands on training learning how to install appliances build furniture how to carry merchandise into homes always had propper equipment to get the job done. Customers service skills mainting your daily logs for trucks. Management had your back to protect you to a extant. Customers are always right!!!! Great group of guys to work with . They had different departments to go too rather than just delivery
Pros
10% of merchandise longer you stay higher it goes
Cons
Was commission
fine place to work if you are fast
Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 25, 2018
fast paced work place the faster you get done with you delivers the more you get paid and the faster you go home. you are paid by the piece so no 2 day are never the same
Pros
good pay
Cons
lose your money if customer wants a return
It's fun and very challenging
Class A Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 15, 2018
The work is fun and very challenging. We deliver furnitures, applliances and electronics to customers home and we do set them up. I operate truck in a safe and professional manner in a public highways and various job sites when delivering materials.
Pros
Free lunches when ever we have appreciation party
Cons
Healthcare
Horrible place to work only my friends are why I stayed for so long.
Rcwilley corporate service agent (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTOctober 12, 2018
This place is horrendous to work for...
I had plenty of friends I worked with that made the job
bearable. Management is very messed up and contradicting they do not tend to help rather punish.
Pros
Friends
Cons
A lot. The pay, management, stress, the hours, and a lot of useless work
Decent Job, Subpar employees
Cashiering/Credit/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Murray, UTOctober 3, 2018
During my time at RC Willey, I have learned a lot about credit and other financial aspects. I learned how to work with a diverse group of employees and customer base as well. Even though I have enjoyed doing what I do for work, I have felt like there was an incredible amount of drama within the workplace.
Pros
Insurance, good pay
Cons
short breaks, moody staff
Unwilling to change for efficiency in time, management, and safety
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  UtahSeptember 26, 2018
Enjoyed the direct people I work with. Unfortunately, a huge corporate disconnect, stubbornness to change, and denominator management. Corporate seems to not even care about their employees. Lacking in embracing new and better technologies resulting in high turnover, higher expenses, missed opportunities for best customer experience. Primarily with material handling and SAAS. Recent tuition reimbursement program is a positive. Decent discount if you can afford to use it. Not good at rewarding hard work, efficiency, and leadership.
Pros
Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement.
Cons
Back Breaking, Poor management
Excellent Company To Work For
Inventory Analyst (Current Employee) –  South Salt Lake, UTSeptember 24, 2018
Best company I've worked for hands down.
Wonderful People.
Great Pay.
Career Advancements.
Free Food at times.
Good ownership.
Benefits are great.
10/10
Excellent enviroment
Warehouse Supervisor Lead I (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 3, 2018
Challenging day, some really relax day at RC willey you never known what to expect when you work with furniture. Sometime order are not ready to be deliver but the get scheduled anyways, and that can ruin a customer experience.
Great Place to work
Supply Chain Warehouse & Inventory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTAugust 14, 2018
I really enjoyed working for RC Willey while I was going to school. I think one of the best thing was the GREAT employee discount perk. It now makes it hard for me to pay "full price" for things. It was only a temporary job(4 years), but I enjoyed every minute of it!
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Career advancement opportunites
Poor management and very Unprofessional
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 8, 2018
If you're good at sucking up and being fake like the rest then this job is for you! This place is like High School all over again. If you're not in the cool kids club, then good luck, because you will get picked on a lot in a very unprofessional and embarrassing way. You can't trust anyone. Managers and HR does what ever they feel like. They are so UNPROFESSIONAL!

Want to know more about RC Willey?

Ask a question
management sucked
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJuly 30, 2018
standing all day, moving heavy objects on stock picker, management was very understanding, employees were mean, strict on being very fast or you didn't have a job.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
stuck on stock picker all day
Not a bad begging job
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJuly 27, 2018
Good job to work for as a young teenager that isn't looking for a career, but the insurance and advancement in the company wasn't there like the said they were.
Pros
Free Hot Dogs
Cons
No Benefitts
A good place to have as a means to get back on your feet.
Prep Crew Support (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 22, 2018
I clean up after the main crew, while they build furniture for delivery and display stores; I am quickly and efficiently organizing the trash and the recyclables. Between boxes, plastic, styrofoam and just plain trash; I consistently carry boxes 100 lbs or more over extended periods of time, while being on my feet, I aid my crew in cleaning up over 3,000 boxes a day.
Excellent Company
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 12, 2018
Great company to be in Sales, Excellent Management, Great pay/benefits, Family core Values, Commission driven in sales, Customer support in all areas of business.
Pros
Great managment
Cons
Working Holidays
Overall Great Place to Work
Small Electronics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 8, 2018
Typical retail experience with elements of commission/competitive sales. It's a mixed bag of relaxing days and really stressful, fast-paced days. The GM of my store is a super great and fair guy. I've really appreciated the time I've spent at this company.
Pros
My boss was flexible with my hours and pays well for retail. Christmas and Thanksgiving off!
Cons
Every other holiday is mandatory overtime.
na
Warehouse/Receiving, senior lead (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 28, 2018
i feel that the job is very poor in management and lack of leadership. there is alot turn over in the job they feel that anyone is replaceable. just not career job in my eyes.
free for all on the sales floor. virtually no rules apply
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJune 26, 2018
Days usually begin with a meeting featuring a vendor training or sales training. The vendor training is somewhat helpful. The sales training is archaic and repetitive. The culture used to be one of integrity. Our feeling was only the best and most honest people were selected. That feeling has changed. Its now a flooded floor with no supervision. I have learned much about different management styles. I have learned much about self starting and self discipline.
Best manager I ever had.
Flooring estimator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2018
I worked in the flooring department. The flooring manager was the best manager I ever had. I've had some nasty ones. I had to quit because I was not making enough money to live on. The others in the flooring dept were easy to get along with. I didn't want to quit.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Not enough pay.
Great Job With Less Great managment
Cashier, Financial Credit Services (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTJune 20, 2018
It was a good job with a fair enough pay that allowed the full time workers to move up within the company. The main issue I saw was the management & racist profiling among the sales men.
Pros
Free food, snacks
Cons
Management, Sales men
Productive and fun place to work
Professional Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJune 13, 2018
Great and flexible work place. Good pay and solid workplace culture. Really enjoy working with and helping the customers. I've learned a lot from the excellent management there.
Pros
Free lunches and great training expierence
Cons
customer service issues

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RC Willey. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight