RC Willey
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

RC Willey Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative37 reviews
United States37 reviews

Can be stressful at times

Management is very chill, but it can sometimes be stressful due to high call volume. Other than that great place to work with fair compensation! They do offer a very good employee discount as well

Don’t work here

Don’t work here. The supervisors don’t care about you and they are way too “busy” to care about anyone else even while they are just shopping online looking at stuff they want to buy. Supervisors with earphones on while you’re trying to get their attention! Supervisors here are rude and will straight up tell you “None Of Your Business!”Management is horrible! You’re overworked! Training is the worst! No one ever knows anything on how to handle certain situations! Sales Reps don’t know anything yet they act like they do. Work hours take your whole life away and by end of day you’re exhausted! Understaffed and overworked!

RC Willey insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Management sucks Do not work in call center.

Dishonest horrible managers! They don’t care about customers they care to write you up if they don’t like you. The managers act like Your a dog. Favoritism and political. So unfair . You don’t advance for good honest work. You advance for a political game. The managers blame you for their errors. The higher managers don’t look at your good work. They advance you if your mangers supervisors like you. It’s really strange. Managers change their expectations and are not consistent and write you up for things they changed. Don’t waste your time!

Cons

Discount on furniture and good health insurance.

A family atmosphere

I've only been there two weeks and my co-workers have been helpful in my training process that my going through right now and I'm enjoying learning the job that I'm in. I just love that we are closed on Sundays

Pros

discount after six months

Cons

nonw

It’s a paycheck

Rc Willey is an okay place to work. There are managers there for you when you need help with something but sometimes it seems like they don’t even want to help. I don’t blame them because I don’t want to be working there anymore either.

Pros

Good pay for the job

Horrible favoritism, no growth

The job itself is great if you don’t mind being underpaid, it’s the people. Management plays favorites, and will let you know if you aren’t. Will stare at you while they talk bad about you. When you ask a question they’ll look at you like your beneath them. Customers complain that management makes the associates the middle man because they don’t like to get up and actually speak to the customers even when they request it. They promote the favorites who have no business being in management. Some sales associates need to take a refresher course in s.harassment training. You will feel like you’re back in school again with the rumors and drama. The work itself is easy and sometimes enjoyable but you need to either isolate yourself or be a favorite. I had quit before Covid hit but was told they let all the experienced people go and kept on the new hires while promoting probably the worst one of the group. Nobody works together. Nobody acts like they have a shred of decency sometimes.

Pros

Not working there

Cons

The employees, pay, management

Good benefits, low wages but good company to work for.

Family values at the company but they think they can continue to so business as they always have since they still make profits. Other than that my managers have always been great and they do tend to hire and promote from within.

Pros

Schedule, benefits, advancement

Cons

Hourly pay, training

Coworkers are amazing, management l? Not so much

Job is great if your straight out of highschool or need a part time job, and most of your coworkers are great. The only down part management and how they think employees under them are too stupid to daily task. The office managers will manipulate you into thinking they’re and understanding but they most likely do not actually care about you. Get used to being talked to like a literally child

Pros

Good entry level job

Cons

Decent but could be better

Management is friendly but sometimes it can be very unprofessional, there is favoritism but that should be expected , training for every position is also poorly structured

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Poor management

Worst place to work

This is the worst company to work for. You get paid poorly, they have the worst management, they treat their employees poorly. The employees that actually do their job receive no praise and the ones who don’t do their job, get no repercussions for their actions.

Good work environment

Flexible work schedule. Decent Pay. Good management. Friendly co worker’s. Every day we learn something new about the system and furnitures. It can be a little stressful when customers tend to be difficult, but other than that it’s a good company to work for.

The most beautiful people to work with. Bosses are very flexible and accommodating. They are very helpful and supportive to their team. I really enjoy going to work!

Bad company

Don't work there. Low Pay. Some managers are bad. They don't treat employees fairly. Very little paid time off. Not much training. Too much turnover.

RCWilley is a great place to work. There may not be the best flexibility in hours since it is a set schedule, you work the same shifts every week with the same day off other than sunday if you are full time. The environment in the office is great, everyone gets along. We're a Willey family.

Worst 3 years of my life.

Started out in customer service, nothing but office politics. One of the delivery coordinators tried to get me fired, didn't succeed. I transferred to the warehouse. That was even worse. I told them I needed to go to the hospital and they refused to let me go. Come to find out I had a serious medical condition. HR didn't believe me until I got the papers from the doctor. If I were you steer clear from this place

Cashier and customer service thankless, underpaid position

It was a good position to start at when looking for a job. If you can go in, do your thing and not let office gossip get to you it is pretty good. They start Cashiers with the expectation of moving you to Customer Service at some point. Which I found was the only room for "advancement". The training seemed minimal to me but they were working on something to improve that. At the South Salt Lake location they also expect anyone in Customer Service to also work the Cafe, which was off putting to me. Customer Service also has to help out at will call and answer phones. There were a few "cliques" in the office and if you weren't in their group they did what they could to make work uncomfortable for you. Hours are flexible enough for students or anyone looking for part time evenings, Saturdays are required.

Stay away from c/s at the warehouse

Our manager is rude and continuously talks about all of her employees, including all 3 of her supervisors where the entire office can hear. She doesn't like to help anyone without making them feel stupid. She hates approving any time off even when we have vacation time. Could be a decent work place if the manager wasn't so bitter and miserable with her own life.

Nice comfortable work area

Very competitive work environment, as you are in constant competition with your fellow employees, Works on an ups system in that you are on a rotational system, that is very much an area that can cause a lot of bad feelings and some fellow employees were not exactly honest in their dealings.

An easy going workplace

I was able to advance quickly from cashier to customer service with options of moving to other departments if I so choose too. My coworkers were all very friendly and super helpful whenever I was having trouble with a situation. In a lot of ways, working there made me feel like I was really part of a team.

Fun environment

Working at RC Willey was an experience that I appreciate having. While it wasn't my dream job, it was a fun, relaxed job and I enjoyed the people that I worked with.

High stress environment at times.

Daily phone calls including talking, waiting and reasoning with customers. Updating notes on claims of extended warranties and service orders. Not much interaction with co-workers except to answer questions and negotiate exchanges. High volume calls and claims on Mondays and Fridays. Some calls are positive depending on the customer and situation.

Pros

Department luncheons periodically

Cons

Demanding customers and mangers require to keep up with demand

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RC Willey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare RC Willey with

Career recommendations for Customer Service Representative

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Customer Service Representative in US