RC Willey
Happiness rating is 57 out of 100

RC Willey Employee Reviews

United States327 reviews

Can be stressful at times

Management is very chill, but it can sometimes be stressful due to high call volume. Other than that great place to work with fair compensation! They do offer a very good employee discount as well

High stress environment at times.

Daily phone calls including talking, waiting and reasoning with customers. Updating notes on claims of extended warranties and service orders. Not much interaction with co-workers except to answer questions and negotiate exchanges. High volume calls and claims on Mondays and Fridays. Some calls are positive depending on the customer and situation.

Pros

Department luncheons periodically

Cons

Demanding customers and mangers require to keep up with demand

RC Willey insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and helpful environment

RC Willey is staffed with people that are willing to help you when you need help. If you don't know the answer, someone doesn't they will be more than willing to help you. Sometimes the customers will be upset with you, but generally calm down after a few minutes.

Pros

Discounts, flexible hours, good management.

Cons

Stressful conditions with customers, occasional management miscommunication

Awesome job would recommend for anyone!

This job was one of my favorite jobs. I had an awesome team to work with and it didn't feel like a job all which made it super easy to go in and put in one hundred and ten percent everyday.

Decent

I'm not interested in leaving any type of feedback on the company or my position. The job is exactly as you'd expect a job in furniture sales to be, that is all.

Simple Day's Work

It may take a while to understand the in's and out's of the sales and the specific questions customers may as, as well as the HUGE layouts and mazes of furniture there is in the store. But once you get all that down it's a pretty simple job to greet.

Pros

Pizza on huge sale says + hot dogs if you want

Works is work

Usually you would go in and check off your work load than load it onto the truck, if something wasn't there than you'd have to wait for it to be taken down from the warehouse, as far as jobs go it pays well for what you do.

Pros

pays well for no education

Cons

lots of physical work

Great environment and great job culture.

As a college student, it was a very flexible job. The only downside was the pay. But the company had a very united team-centered environment. 4/5 stars.

busy but enjoyable place to be

Early mornings with a lunch break around 12 for about 30 minutes. then you had one break as well for an additional 30 minutes. and then you were off by 3 oclock

One of the best

It was a pleasure working for RC WILLey only left due to relocation to Philadelphia one of the best run floors ever would recommend to any great sales associate

Pros

great pay and closed on Sundays

Cons

many sales people fully staffed at all times very competitive

Good company to work for

As a delivery driver the work is sometimes hard but being outside and solving problems on the fly can be fun and rewarding. The pay, while complicated, seems fair. Management does what they can to make things easy and there are always unknowns that can make the work differ day to day so that it doesnt seem like a grind.

Pros

Pay is great for no college degree, working outside of an office

Cons

Tough on the body at times

Long work days , installing appliances always a helping hand , carrying furniture to 3rd floor houses and apt .getting tips at the job

My experience there was good hands on training learning how to install appliances build furniture how to carry merchandise into homes always had propper equipment to get the job done. Customers service skills mainting your daily logs for trucks. Management had your back to protect you to a extant. Customers are always right!!!! Great group of guys to work with . They had different departments to go too rather than just delivery

Pros

10% of merchandise longer you stay higher it goes

Cons

Was commission

fine place to work if you are fast

fast paced work place the faster you get done with you delivers the more you get paid and the faster you go home. you are paid by the piece so no 2 day are never the same

Pros

good pay

Cons

lose your money if customer wants a return

It's fun and very challenging

The work is fun and very challenging. We deliver furnitures, applliances and electronics to customers home and we do set them up. I operate truck in a safe and professional manner in a public highways and various job sites when delivering materials.

Pros

Free lunches when ever we have appreciation party

Cons

Healthcare

Horrible place to work only my friends are why I stayed for so long.

This place is horrendous to work for... I had plenty of friends I worked with that made the job bearable. Management is very messed up and contradicting they do not tend to help rather punish.

Pros

Friends

Cons

A lot. The pay, management, stress, the hours, and a lot of useless work

Decent Job, Subpar employees

During my time at RC Willey, I have learned a lot about credit and other financial aspects. I learned how to work with a diverse group of employees and customer base as well. Even though I have enjoyed doing what I do for work, I have felt like there was an incredible amount of drama within the workplace.

Pros

Insurance, good pay

Cons

short breaks, moody staff

Unwilling to change for efficiency in time, management, and safety

Enjoyed the direct people I work with. Unfortunately, a huge corporate disconnect, stubbornness to change, and denominator management. Corporate seems to not even care about their employees. Lacking in embracing new and better technologies resulting in high turnover, higher expenses, missed opportunities for best customer experience. Primarily with material handling and SAAS. Recent tuition reimbursement program is a positive. Decent discount if you can afford to use it. Not good at rewarding hard work, efficiency, and leadership.

Pros

Benefits, Tuition Reimbursement.

Cons

Back Breaking, Poor management

Excellent Company To Work For

Best company I've worked for hands down. Wonderful People. Great Pay. Career Advancements. Free Food at times. Good ownership. Benefits are great. 10/10

Excellent enviroment

Challenging day, some really relax day at RC willey you never known what to expect when you work with furniture. Sometime order are not ready to be deliver but the get scheduled anyways, and that can ruin a customer experience.

Great Place to work

I really enjoyed working for RC Willey while I was going to school. I think one of the best thing was the GREAT employee discount perk. It now makes it hard for me to pay "full price" for things. It was only a temporary job(4 years), but I enjoyed every minute of it!

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Career advancement opportunites

Poor management and very Unprofessional

If you're good at sucking up and being fake like the rest then this job is for you! This place is like High School all over again. If you're not in the cool kids club, then good luck, because you will get picked on a lot in a very unprofessional and embarrassing way. You can't trust anyone. Managers and HR does what ever they feel like. They are so UNPROFESSIONAL!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RC Willey. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight