RCC Web Media Agency Employee Reviews

2.7
Ratings breakdown
Fast Pace. Good place to work if you know your stuff.
CTO/Web Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Utica, MIApril 5, 2017
RCC Web Media has grown out of Romeo Computer Company, an IT company. As a result the company is very focused on the Customer. Any problem is treated like an emergency. If you are good at your job and care about customers, this can be a very good thing. When you have an issue you can rally the entire companies resources if the issue is handled appropriately.

Recommend joining the team if your resume and interview match your actual skills and work ethic.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, Learning Opportunities, Fast Paced, Days are never the same.
Cons
Fast Paced. Minor issues are often escelated.
Great Place to Learn and Grow in the Industry
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 4, 2017
I worked at RCC Web Media Agency full time for a year and a half and also for a year as a part time contractor. When I started in the Digital Marketing industry, I knew nothing. After 6 months at RCC my skills and knowledge of the business had increased tremendously. I left to pursue other opportunities but did not feel challenged at my new job. I returned to RCC as a contractor and very much enjoyed my time working there. I liked my co workers, upper management, and especially, the clients.

I always felt respected and valued at RCC. The management continually encouraged me to ask questions and learn. They put in me in a number of situations where I was forced to think on my toes and deal with "real life" client situations.

They were also very supportive of my decision to leave to expand my professional experience and welcomed me back with open arms.

The benefits of working at a small agency are that you get to be involved in a number of different roles and projects, and you are held to a much higher level of accountability. If you are looking to be challenged, and are looking for some excellent experience, RCC is a good place to start your career.
April 6, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. It is rewarding to me to know that you are growing within our company both personally and professionally.

Steve Eaton

Don't do it!
RCC Web Media (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIFebruary 22, 2017
Don't fall for it. Everyone needs a job but that doesn't mean that you fall for this company. Under pay and lies after lies. No employee appreciation at all. No hr nor anyone to report to about issues. You will get harassed and bullied here. They don't care about you. They only care about their money.

They will use excuses such as, "Oh, he's just a kid." to avoid firing those who are causing issues.
Pros
Nothing, nothing, nothing, there is nothing positive about this company.
Cons
They will use you. They don't care about you nor anyone except the money that's coming to them.
April 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I’ve worked hard to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. With big ambitious goals laid out for the next few years, I’ll admit that sometimes I can bring a strong drive to achieve a result when fostering creativity may require a more relaxed approach. In the organizations I have founded and nurtured the pace required for solutions can sometimes be at odds with team members’ strengths and weaknesses. I know that I valued our conversations as well as your many suggestions and tools to help us with that growth.

As you may know, with growth come changes, that while necessary, can require an adjustment. Some of these adjustments have required that we look inward at our quality of work, productivity of employees as well as current processes. This will enable us to be better aligned for the future.

While your time with our company was short, I’m thankful that you took the time to share your opinion so that I and others can reflect on it and think about ways we can adapt and do more to ensure all feel valued and appreciated. I genuinely care about this company, our awesome team and our critically important clients.

Steve Eaton, CEO

Terrible Management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Troy, MichiganDecember 20, 2016
No benefits, terrible pay.
No training, No work documents or guidance from management.
Customers are over promised. Do not fall for the promise "One day you will be the head of your team".
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement
April 7, 2017

Thank you for sharing your opinions. As we have been growing as a company, we have certainly experienced some growing pains. However during those times, we have been able to review our processes both internally and externally. We now offer competitive pay based on our employees knowledge and ability to do the work required. We also offer benefits including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, direct deposit as well as employee outings and team building.

As we continue to grow, we have created documentation for every process within our company. Included in these documents are highly specific training checklists for all new employees. We understand that value of knowledge that each employee brings to the company and want them to have the freedom to express their opinions and suggestions to enable us to better serve our clients now and in the future.

Steve Eaton - CEO

Customer driven, high energy atmosphere with a team that works well together and poised for growth.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MINovember 23, 2016
Personally, I have had a great experience with RCC. Our mission statement encompasses a well rounded business. The current employees work very hard and they play hard too. From my experience in the past four years, it is a great work environment, flexible in many ways, steady management with a common goal among all to provide exceptional service to all our clients, and has grown over the past 3-4 years. RCC Web Media Agency will be even stronger company next year and beyond.
Pros
Office location and work environment; direct deposit
Cons
some days are long
April 7, 2017

Thank you for your positive statements regarding RCC Web Media Agency. We have been and continue to work hard to provide excellent digital marketing plans and execution for our clients as well as providing a positive and flexible working environment for our employees.

Can't wait to see where the future will take us! Thank you for being on this ride with us!

Terrible Work Environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 31, 2016
Save yourself the trouble and do not apply to a posting. Toxic environment and there are zero benefits. Industry standard of pay is insulting. HUGE turnover rate and your job is never secure.
April 7, 2017

First, let me thank you for your review. While we have been working on growing this company, we have experienced some bumps along the way. Some we have recovered from nicely and some have required us to stop and review processes. We understand the value of our employees and what they can bring to the table in regards to knowledge, experience and energy. We understand the need to bring in great talent and do offer competitive pay and benefits ranging from health insurance to flexible spending accounts and team building activities.

During this growth, I will admit that we have not always made excellent choices within our hiring process. We now have an understanding of who we need on our team moving forward and will continue to search out the perfect fit employees.

Don't do it
web team (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIOctober 3, 2016
This company is toxic. Nothing compares to the extreme stress placed upon the workers by management. Employees are treated as disposable. I was told since I left a total of 8 people left/were fired, including myself. I was told this is normal for them. It shouldn't be normal. They get what they need from you and cut you loose, believe me.
April 7, 2017

Thank you for taking your time to post a review. As a smaller agency who is growing, we have experienced growing pains that rank from non-specific processes to anemic hiring practices - all of which we have worked to address over the past several months.

While every employee's circumstances are specific to them, I cannot discuss specifics, only to say that reasons for parting ways with employees can range from inability to do the job required, tardiness, lack of respect or consideration of other employees, not treating the client's needs appropriately or conflict of interest, just to name a few. I would have hoped that if you felt extreme stress that you would have come to me and let me know that there was an issue so that we could have worked through it and made the necessary corrections.

Great Marketing Team, Horrible Guidance
EMARKETING MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJuly 26, 2016
Management puts too much on their employees without providing real training or encouragement. Constantly under pressure and feeling like the other shoe is going to drop. Makes promises to employees that they do not intend on keep. Pays employees horrible salaries and no one has benefits, not even direct deposit.
April 7, 2017

Thank you for your review. I do agree that we have an excellent marketing team in place that is working to make us more efficient and providing open communication and encouragement to the entire team. We have gone through some marketing leaders who had some issue with leading, but now have a great team in place. They are initiating changes which is enabling us to provide better quality of support to our clients, looking for ways to expedite processes and discussing realistic short and long term goals for our clients.

With this growth and new direction, we are able to offer competitive salaries, benefits and even direct deposit. We understand that our success lies in the hands of our great teams.

Daily life as an Account Manager
Account Manager & Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Romeo, MIMay 29, 2014
Enjoyed becoming an eMarketing Account Manager and Social Media Specialist because it's fun work and I enjoy working one on one with important clients. Discovering new ways to market their company utilizing current social media sites has been a great benefit to me and my accounts.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexibility, fun work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RCC Web Media Agency. Our community is ready to answer.

RCC Web Media Agency Reviews by Location