RCIL Employee Reviews

It was a great place to work for
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSOctober 30, 2018
I loved my clients and would work for them again they paid me on time we're friendly and paid me top wages I wouldn't and couldn't ask for a better company to work for.
Pros
Always there when needed them
Cons
Don't hardley see them one on one
Challenging and Rewarding
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYOctober 13, 2018
Typically a day working in your contracted position would involve you working closely with the supervisor. The supervisor in detail would give you a list of tasks to work on to improve the clients independence. Paying attention to detail is a crucial part of the job as well as your clients mental health disability.
Poor oversight and not letting employees know backgrounds of clients.
Pca (Current Employee) –  Herkimer, NYSeptember 1, 2018
Worked there 10 years. Always changing managers. They don’t check in on clients as needed. Employees are Always WRONG!! Employees are taught to report neglect abuse etc but when u do your fired so beware!!
Pros
Paycheck on time
Cons
Poor work environment at times
PCA, Perfect for most
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Osage City, KSAugust 22, 2018
Love the flexible schedule and it works so well with having kids, life and school. Also love helping others and I love being able to know I made someone's day better
Not very organized
Support Staff, PCA (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2018
The job itself was very rewarding. I was very concerned with the way things are being handled by the case managers and the clients. I had little to no hours per week and noticed questionable actions by other employees. Not something I prefer to be associated with.
productive and fun place to work.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  New YorkJune 13, 2018
good experience. Great staff and Great place to work.Get to meet very supportive people and the people that works here are all great people. Staff are like family helps each other out.
Enjoy working Self Direct Care
Personal Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMay 4, 2018
This com[any offers so many different services. I truly enjoyed my time working with and for them on behalf of my clients. The client is the true rewarding gift when working with and for them.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Case load.
ok place
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSApril 29, 2018
It was an ok place to work. You work with a pt not at an office. The pay seemed good but they dont pay overtime. You only get paid for the hours that the pt is approved for.
Needs better management
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 29, 2018
The level of incompetence is frightening. They claim to help the community but they won't help consumers located workers. Very slow at returning phone calls, if they call back at all.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYApril 18, 2018
RCIL was a great place to volunteer at i would do it again for D.S.S. The staff was great and i love what they do for the community and people with disability. It was a lot of fun working there got to meet a lot of great people, and i learned a lot about customer service. I enjoy working with the community and helping people that need help .
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
health care
Good environment.
Home Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMarch 20, 2018
This job was fun because it was more of a one on one atmosphere. We pretty much did what the client wanted to do. If he wanted to go for a walk then that's what we did.
Pros
Mellow and laid back
Cons
Not enough hrs.
RCIl provides great assistance to its consumers
RCIL- waiver habilitation coordinator (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYMarch 5, 2018
The company treats its consumers great and does advocate strongly for them. However, when it comes to their employees they are led to believe that they can advance easily in the company and can use their time off freely, but this isnot the case as many people have been written up for using time they have earned. And advancing in the company is hard once full time is established.
Pros
provides lots of benefits
Cons
employees get in trouble for utilizing their benefits.
Enjoyed my Short time there good mission Good People
Help Desk Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 27, 2018
Enjoyed my Short time there good mission Good People, I learned a lot working there , you do everything there really from help desk to system admin to network admin
Cheap work
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Osage City, KSFebruary 14, 2018
The pay is not great but depending on your situation it might work! As a student I was able to study while working. If you are looking you have not management involvement. The person's family that you provide the care dictates what you do.
Very nice atmosphere and great job.
Commute handicapped person around the community (Former Employee) –  Marathon, NYFebruary 11, 2018
A typical day was taking the person out into the community to have fun. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the smile and how happy that person was when took them bowling or going to the park and going for a walk on a nice day.
Fun and challeging
DIRECT SUPPORT COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYFebruary 2, 2018
I work with two autistic adults, the parents are friends of mine. They need help occasionally to do things with them when needed. When I have them I usually bring them to do fun activities in the community (bowling, swimming, to the beach, out to eat). We work on certain goals that they are working on to be independent in the community.

One of the adults has type one diabetes and I monitor and distribute his medicine to keep his levels. He has very limited verbal skills as well. This can be a challenge at times due that he can not communicate his feelings.

The best part about working with these adults is that they look at life so differently and its amazing to find out there talents and strengths. I learn something from them every time I see them. I grown to have patience and to listen to body language.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
communication can be frustrating
my first job
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 17, 2018
when i did work with RCIL i liked that type of work . i learned to give shots feed my resident through a tube . some days are hard some days are easy the hardest part of the job was to change my resident.& joyable part of the job is you actually start to care .
Not a good place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amsterdam, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Worst place to work for not much help with questions management sucked I would never work for such a place dont ever go here!!! On good thing was the pay
A very satisfying job
DIRECT SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, KSDecember 29, 2017
I really enjoyed working for RCIL, and the consumer that I had became more like a member of my family than a client that I worked for. I was never asked to do anything that I was unable to do, and enjoyed the job immensely.
Pros
A sense of companionship and family-friendly environment.
Cons
Not enough hours, and there was not a very lengthy list of clients to work for.
Home Health Care Aide (Current Employee) –  Remsen, NYNovember 28, 2017
Helped me find a job right for me when it comes to home health care. Also, working for RCIL has helped learn alot about home health care and how to provide service to those who need the help.
Pros
Get paid weekly