RCN Employee Reviews

brief description
OES (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 9, 2018
RCN is a great place to work with excellent health coverage, face pace, multitask.learning different product, troubleshooting, customer service skills.
Customer Service Based Company
Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, PAJuly 5, 2018
Dispatch Department is a great place for personnel that like to speak to other staff members but not face to face. Customer Service must have alot of knowledge about products/services they offer.
Pros
Clean Atmosphere
Cons
No promotions
My experience working at RCN
Universal Agent (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJune 1, 2018
It was a great experience to in that field, but I wouldn't work there again. I learned to work in a fast pace cable structure and helped learned how to create solution for the customer
Pros
medical was great
Cons
training
A day in the life
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 23, 2018
Working for the company X amount of years you get to create long lasting friendships and grow as a human being. The hardest part of the job is not knowing where you stand and lack of communication.
Great place to work and I was able to advance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 8, 2018
I really liked working at RCN. They always treated me fairly, I was able to advance to other positions there. The management was quick to recognize hard work and the willingness to excel.
Pros
Great working enviornment
Fun environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAApril 5, 2018
Learned a lot about the cable, phone and internet provider. Management was cool. Hardest part of the job for me at the time was navigating the different sites
Pros
non
Cons
non
Great Place to Work, hours can be challenging, great managers
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAFebruary 20, 2018
Good everything, just can work evening anymore due to family needs. I really enjoyed the coworkers, management was wonderful, great benefits, Great pay. One does work hard for the money, and out in weather that can be harsh at best.
Pros
Best Management Ever
Good place to work if you are positive and energetic
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 25, 2018
I enjoyed my time. I was paid fairly. I was kept busy which I prefer. The training was great. My boss was kind. They offered maternity leave with pay.
Pros
Good atmosphere.
Cons
A lot of office gossip.
RCN Customer Service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem PAJanuary 24, 2018
The staff and supervisors tended to micromanage and nitpick at calls they monitored. I felt overly criticized and they weren't very helpful, only told me to use the computerized manual, which can be difficult to follow. They asked me for ways to I could be helped, but they made it clear what they wouldn't do. I felt like my hands were tied. After training, I was put on night shift, which isn't a time I'd like to be working, so that was difficult. I asked questions repeatedly, since information didn't process, when dealing with a heavy call volume. I'm not sorry to be out of that place.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Micromanagement, overly critical
Great Work Atmosphere
Direct Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Great place to work, great company atmosphere, great management. They offer good benefits and discounted cable and internet service if you live in the serviceable areas.
great during the launch of new tech company
Business Services Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDJanuary 11, 2018
Saw many great leaders come in and either sail this boat forward or backward, however, it was still a great place to work overall. Great coworkers, just a lot of uncertainty during potential times of aquisition by larger or other corporations/groups.
Pros
telework
Cons
interdepartmental anarchy
Rcn good company to work for
Senior Account Executive/Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 14, 2017
Rcn was innovative in their marketing and sales approach they would set up these big events in residential buildings… RCN was a great place to work I enjoyed my short time there
Pros
no pressure, they gave you room to learn and find your curve
Cons
they didn't have much of a strong presence in New York
Great Work Environment
Dispatch Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDDecember 5, 2017
Good place to work. Great Team. Never a dull moment. RCN values its customers and employees. Fair, fast paced, FUN. I enjoy the people in my office and they make it feel like home.
Pros
Great Team
A day in the life
Customer Service/Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 5, 2017
From what I remember:

Tech support and sales for an ISP. Answering the phones, account creation, deletion and management.

Call center environment. I learned altigen and mostly terminology,

Hardest part was management.

Culture? Very fast paced.

Enjoyable part? The benefits package.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Call Quotas.
Productive Work Place
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 28, 2017
Love working In the customer service field. I learned so much and grew so fast threw out my experiences.Would recommend RCN to my friends and family members.
good place to work
Customer Care Advocate (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PASeptember 20, 2017
The only objection that I had was they hold a shift bid lottery. I was not happy working every weekend. I would have been just as happy to have had every other weekend off.
Pros
free cable
Cons
shift bids
very poor support
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre Township, PASeptember 13, 2017
majority of management very helpful just a few not very supportive a lot of testing also trained quickly not trained in areas of certainly that required my expertise in dealing with customer needs
Pros
co-workers
Cons
trainers/managment
Company cares about their employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 6, 2017
This company cares about the employees. They feed you alot, have games and incentives, they make it fun to work there. The supervisors work with you to improve your stats. They don't moniter AHT but they do moniter hold time and after call. They do get busy at times and you'll be in queue but they want you to stay calm and take each call one at a time. They don't want you to rush through calls.
great coworkers and company place
Telecommunications Budget Financial Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2017
working hard and willing to do my best with a team that cares.I learned to cheat customers well and engage with them. The workplace is a moderate and relaxed environment.The hardest part of the job finding balance with your real life.
Pros
great company
Cons
bad paid
Good work environment
Alorica (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 17, 2017
Good Management Great environment Understanding and willing to help you at any moment. Great training instructor and class lay out. You can also make some good money once you reach the sales team.