RE/MAX Employee Reviews

Found 1,310 reviews matching the search See all 1,979 reviews
great company to work for
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Great place to work. well known brand with nationally recognized logo, good broker support, lots of training opportunities, national advertising, plenty of agent collaboration,
Pros
great training and support
Cons
high fees
It was a fun place to work and I learned some new skills.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Shasta, CAFebruary 12, 2019
I opened the office every morning. I enjoyed working at Remax of Mt Shasta. I learned new skills as basic QuickBooks, Paragon and the housing industry. It was interesting talking to people wanting to buy homes. It was a lot to learn but I welcomed it. I didn't want to leave.
Pros
The people in the office were very friendly and helpful
Cons
They tried to stay open but the bottom line is they didn't and I lost my job.
Great broker, Awful Environment
Transaction Coordinator/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 11, 2019
While the broker is wonderful, kind, accommodating and easy to talk to, the environment is nonexistent.
I am convinced that there are fun brokerages out there but this is not one of them.
There is no camaraderie, no collaboration, no sense of community.
Most of the people are kind, however can be arrogant and dismissive at times.
There is no opportunity to grow in any way whatsoever.
NO salary, NO benefits, NO paid time off, NO holidays, NO sick leave, NOTHING. You take time off, you don't get paid.
There is no opportunity to advance your career and as an assistant, you are not at all appreciated in any way.
You literally keep these agent's businesses afloat, and are treated poorly, under paid, unappreciated, and constantly taken advantage of.
I make less than the poverty level, and that's BEFORE taxes.
There is no work culture. No company events that would encourage bonding or friendship, no staff appreciation, nothing whatsoever.
The office lacks natural light and color, resulting in a depressing environment, and more than likely you'll be sitting, facing a wall all day.
If you'd like to remain stagnant in life, then come here.
Pros
Cons
NO benefits, NO salary, NO sense of community, NO growth or advancement
Real estate is a stressful job
Realtor/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXFebruary 7, 2019
More stress than I wanted. It is a dog eat dog profession, not a good fiit for my goals My daughter and son in law opened the Pharmacy and I helped get them started
Sale sale sale
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagåtña, GUFebruary 7, 2019
RE/MAX Diamond Realty gave me a great opportunity to develop my professional skills. But sadly, aside from that aspect, the company was limited by it's poor resource management and nearsighted goals.
Residential Real Estate
Real Estate Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 7, 2019
RE/MAX Premier is an awesome, supportive environment. The management provides on-going training and business-driving systems to increase sales lead opportunities.
Great company
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Germantown, MDFebruary 6, 2019
Broker is very supportive and gives you a lot of freedom to work your plan and do as much or as little as you want to, while remaining available for consults or to brainstorm new ideas.
Pros
Two offices to work from
Cons
Lack of comradery
Friendly environment and competitive
Real Estate Agent (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAFebruary 5, 2019
The day starts early for most realtors. The saying is "80% of the business is done by 20% of the realtors". You have to make lots of networking contacts performing such operations as open houses, door knocking and cold calls. The most enjoyable part of the job, for me, is customer service satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is not understanding the real estate jargon relating to mortgage and financing.
Pros
Open Houses and Brokers Opens
Cons
Commission based job
Work Work Work
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYFebruary 4, 2019
It's sales you get what you put in....You have to work hard to make money. You have a competing Broker that seems to do very well and everyone else does OK
Pros
If you make it to closing nice paydays
Cons
Competing Broker
Awesome place to work
Real Estate Broker (NC/SC) (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 29, 2019
If you can produce then ReMax is the place for you. The fees are expensive but the commission split is minimal meaning the more you earn the more you keep.
Self Employed Position
Real Estate Broker (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 23, 2019
Remax Elite is a real estate company in which primarly residential sales of real estate occurred. I was one of the only Brokers who also managed rental real estate properties, which I had been managing prior to us merging with Remax Elite. Prior to Remax Elite, the company I was with was a family owned Real Estate Company, and in 2004, it merged with Remax Elite.
Pros
Schedule own hours
Cons
Commissioned position
Cooperative and supportive work environment
realstate (Current Employee) –  Franklin, WIJanuary 22, 2019
Management helped me become a member of the team. They encouraged my efforts and provided the necessary training so I could accomplish our goals. The hardest part of my job was dealing with upset or angry customers but here again the team approach gave me the back-up I needed. I enjoyed helping people find their dream home.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
No benefits
The best realestate company!
Real Estate Agent (Current Employee) –  Yukon, OKJanuary 20, 2019
I love working for RE/MAX! They offer the best tools to market and manage your realestate business. They also have the best training for their agents.
See below
Real Estate Broker Associate (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan County, WIJanuary 20, 2019
Fast paced, administration will assist as needed, nice offices, every day offers new adventures. Many agents, most are pleasant. Strong response to inquiries.
Pros
Self starter
Cons
Stressful
Great environment for dedicated brokers
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAJanuary 18, 2019
There are lots of resources available to brokers to increase their business and be successful. The office manager is excellent and the managing broker is helpful and supportive.
Pros
nice people, lots of team activities and training
Cons
Be prepared for desk fees and incidental expenses
Competing owners with the Realtors
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 18, 2019
REMAX Franchise owners are just buying a job. It is not a company that supports their Realtors, it is just an avenue for the owner to get more of the commission.
Cons
Monthly fees, no support.
Good
Event Photographer (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJanuary 14, 2019
I was an outside contractor hired on as a photographer for a special event Remax was hosting. The employees were nice and I enjoyed photographing the event.
Its about the people
Franchise Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2019
RE/MAX LLC is home to some of the most talented people I have ever worked with. The environment created by co-workers was that of a family.

Management was lacking direction and communication. For most of my time with the company I felt there was no common goal or message supported by the company as a whole. The company fell behind in industry trends and did not have a plan for correction.
Pros
People
Cons
Communication, Management
Excellent Company
Realtor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CA 93534January 7, 2019
RE/MAX All Pro is an excellent Real Estate Company to work for. They care about their employees and provide an environment for learning and growing. It is a very professionally ran office.
Fun Environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Good place to start at you get good work experience. Working with agents is also good if you want to become an agent one day. This is a great place if you want to become a real estate agent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RE/MAX. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51K

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight