Reach Dane Employee Reviews

Love the values and mission
Director (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 6, 2018
Reach Dane is a childcare agency that really focuses on the well being of it's teachers. Being short staffed in early education is always going to happen. At Reach Dane management is continuously looking at ways to make the teachers lives easier. You have to remember that the agency is a non profit agency and there are pros and cons to that. I used to work for Reach Dane as a teacher and came back because my experience with large companies showed me that many time children are treated like dollar signs and at Reach Dane children are treated like they matter. The focus is on helping children for their entire life by giving them skills they need and helping them through traumatic early life experiences.
The culture always depends on you. if you don't like working with children who have high needs and truly making a difference than this is not the place for you.
Pros
rewarding, good PTO, staff development
Cons
job security
It takes a village
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIFebruary 28, 2018
The staff members at Reach Dane are dedicated, and knowledgeable in best practice in the Early Childhood field and are very passionate when it comes to working with children/families.I've been with the agency for fifteen years and have held many roles. If your up for a challenging yet rewarding career than this is the place for you.
Pros
Fulfilling work with families, Benifits
Cons
Not leaving work at work
Rewarding & Important Early Education Agency
Education Services (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 28, 2018
I am a current employee of Reach Dane. I have worked for the agency in my current position for 3 years. Previous to this position I worked for the agency twice previously in education roles. In total I have returned to work for the agency three times. Each time was a positive, although challenging, experience that has ultimately made me a better professional in the field of early education.
The hardest part of working for Reach Dane is that this work matters to so many children and families every day. We serve children and families who are experiencing poverty, homelessness, trauma, developmental delays, and the challenges that all families with young children face on a daily basis.We are a Head Start and Early Head Start agency that relies on government non-profit and grant funding. This provides guidance for services that meet the children and family needs. This also proves challenging for funding. Reach Dane is continuously working towards budgeting options to best compensate staff.
The most enjoyable part of this job is knowing that this work matters to so many children and families every day. I know we are providing services to children and families that need us and that we are making a big difference in their lives and our community overall.
Pros
Rewarding, Challenging, Benefits, Trauma Informed Care practices, play-based learning
ok
Bilingual Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 7, 2017
I liked working here. I believe that the teachers are underpaid though. I also didn't see much of a chance in a career advancement. I think that they can do better for their employees.
I love it
Center Aide (Current Employee) –  DeForest, WIOctober 5, 2017
The children are our future.
The pay is not as important as the children.😊😊
I like greeting the families of the students.
It is a great place to work.
Pros
Management is great!
Cons
There are none for me
Worst place to work
EHS Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 27, 2017
Too many children in the classroom with high needs. The directors run people ragged,no support from the agency.... Staff is so short there are days with out bathroom breaks, staff breaks are too short,
Poorly Managed
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 10, 2017
Under staffed, cliques, people lie and get you in trouble in order for them to seek vengeance, lack of team building due to stressful environment, people needing to do other peoples job, teachers doing the site director's job site director doing the cooks and bus drivers job due to staff shortages, high turnover, no support, no respect. Staff talk behind you back negatively. Favortism by HR and supervisors resulting in unfair treatment of staff.
Pros
Pay for those on top good
Cons
Too many to list, people lack social skills maturity
Horrible Company and Work Culture
Professional Development in Education (Former Employee) –  Red ArrowAugust 6, 2017
Absolutely horrendous company to work for. Poor management and leadership. Over paid leaders. Poor salary for everyone else. Unkind people who don't understand or care for the families that they serve. Don't work here!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Amazing dedication to our families and children
Lead Teacher/Site Director (Current Employee) –  DeForest, WIJanuary 18, 2017
This is the first educational institution I've worked within that has, at it's actual core, the wellbeing and developmentally appropriate best practices proscribed for serving children and their families experiencing poverty or other adverse life circumstances. Of the dozen or so school districts I've taught in, none could hold a candle to Reach Dane!