ReachLocal Employee Reviews

Over promise
Internet Marketing Consultant (Outside Sales) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2018
Tremendous potential at the time selling google adwords. Poor management at the executive level lead the company off the rails and ended hurting morale
awful
Paralegal/Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CASeptember 29, 2018
Working for my particular general counsel sucked. Definitely a huge speckle on the company as a whole. It's based on emotional onnlyand not merit It's unfair and it sucks
\
Not happy working there
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2018
Not a friendly atmosphere to work in. Did not annual raises. Customers were not happy with the way company was conducting business and high turn over.
Good company; good product
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
I was not at the company for a long time due to my own personal issues however when I was there it was a nice environment with helpful employees trying to do the right thing by their clients and management.
Pros
Good products
Too much work for little reward
PRE-SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2018
The manager was a joke. Had no leadership skills and was threatened once someone came along who tried to improve processes. He was just an order taker, nothing more.
Solid company.
Sr. Sales Executive /DMC (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2018
Solid company, owned and part of the USDA Today Network.
Constantly making improvements and way ahead of the cure regarding the industry.
Be ready to work hard! Turnover is high and most move on within months.
Pros
tools and teamwork
Cons
no lead gen provided
Good not great
Marketing Expert (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2018
ReachLocal is a great company to work for. The work load can be overwhelming and the compensation is decent but does not reflect the amount of work we do on a daily basis. Much of the day is spent fighting fires and trying to juggle 100 things at once but the work/life balance is the best that I've seen. The people make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
low salary and heavy workload
Fast Paced and challenging
Partner Channel Growth Manager /DMC (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 3, 2018
Reachlocal is a great place to learn and grow. It has a fast work pace and continual training! There is a lot of change so being flexible is important to your longevity here.
Okay place to start, if you don't like to to grow
Marketing Account Manager-National Brands (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 8, 2018
Great place to work if you're right out of college and actively work to find something outside of ReachLocal. You can make this your long term workplace, but I don't recommend it. If you like being promised promotions that never come to fruition, this is for you. Casual attire is nice but it comes with a super-casual mentality, bordering on sophomoric behavior. Start here and then hustle your way to a new gig.
Pros
Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Limited upper mobility, low pay
Management changed often
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2018
Loved that I was able to learn the world of online marketing, however management changed on a constant basis. I was there for 2 years and in that time I went through managers.
Great Culture Bad Business processes and resources
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Love the people but company is all strategy and no execution. Products and Processes are rolled out with limited resources and broken systems constantly. Technology is outdated on the back end but looks super cool on the front end. API's are always "pieced" together and the majority of the reporting is manual. Revenue Goals are always unrealistic and leadership likes to use a big executive vocabulary but come off clueless sometimes when they try and "spin" and "sell" company initiatives to employees.
Pros
Work life balance, Benefits
Cons
You will work with broken tools, comp plans unrealistic, management focusted on short term constantly
Great company! Pay isn't that good
Regional Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
When it comes to the employees, they really find great talent! But the pay for my position isn't the best. I live pay check to pay check and I don't know when I'll get a raise.
This is the worst place I ever worked at.
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
This is the worst place I ever worked at. I can't believe I even worked here and that it is even on my resume. My manager was AWFUL! He got let after they caught on to him.
Cons
Great place to work with good sales ability
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2018
ReachLocal was a great place to work. You must be sales-oriented and cold-calling is definitely a large part of the job. If you're a people person and good at networking you'll definitely succeed.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
High sales quotas, lack of provided leads
Terrible Sales Leadership
pre-sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
The lack of understanding on the sales end trickled all the way down from upper management. No one had a solid process and it seemed as though it was made up as they went. Very unbalanced system. I guess they had it all together at their headquarters but the Phoenix office was a mess and they have people in management who have no concern for others, only themselves.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
expectations are crazy.
The company was sold
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 26, 2017
I was hired as a temp to hire but the company was sold two months after I started. My main responsibility was system trouble shooting and imaging for both internal & external users.
Great place for beginner marketers
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This is a wonderful place to get your feet wet in digital marketing. They provide great beginner training but lack in advanced training. Upward mobility is close to impossible to achieve. Even upper management has little upward mobility.
Great Company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Liked working for ReachLocal ... great company with great people but weak management training and opportunities. There are some that are excellent and other managers that aren't so great. The technology is the best in the industry but very clunky to manage and have a 1 year learning curve for any new hires.
Wonderful Company - Unfortunately Under New Channel Management
PARTNER OPERATIONS MANANGER (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2017
After 9+ years at ReachLocal, I cannot fully express my appreciation and love for the company and it's people. Unfortunately, the channel I work in is now under new leadership and is no longer conducive to a healthy work environment.
Pros
People, Salary, Benefits, Reach
Cons
Unfortunate Management Changes
Great Opportunity
Build/Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 27, 2017
Had a great chance to learn the Continuous Delivery principles in action and in a deeper sense. Lots of changes occurred and not much transparency in regards to the budget and financials of the company.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Not much variety for eating walking distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReachLocal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ReachLocal.

Powered by Comparably