ReachLocal Employee Reviews

Solid company.
Sr. Sales Executive /DMC (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2018
Solid company, owned and part of the USDA Today Network.
Constantly making improvements and way ahead of the cure regarding the industry.
Be ready to work hard! Turnover is high and most move on within months.
Pros
tools and teamwork
Cons
no lead gen provided
Good not great
Marketing Expert (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2018
ReachLocal is a great company to work for. The work load can be overwhelming and the compensation is decent but does not reflect the amount of work we do on a daily basis. Much of the day is spent fighting fires and trying to juggle 100 things at once but the work/life balance is the best that I've seen. The people make the job enjoyable.
Pros
Unlimited time off
Cons
low salary and heavy workload
Okay place to start, if you don't like to to grow
Marketing Account Manager-National Brands (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 8, 2018
Great place to work if you're right out of college and actively work to find something outside of ReachLocal. You can make this your long term workplace, but I don't recommend it. If you like being promised promotions that never come to fruition, this is for you. Casual attire is nice but it comes with a super-casual mentality, bordering on sophomoric behavior. Start here and then hustle your way to a new gig.
Pros
Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Limited upper mobility, low pay
Management changed often
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 29, 2018
Loved that I was able to learn the world of online marketing, however management changed on a constant basis. I was there for 2 years and in that time I went through managers.
Great company! Pay isn't that good
Regional Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
When it comes to the employees, they really find great talent! But the pay for my position isn't the best. I live pay check to pay check and I don't know when I'll get a raise.
This is the worst place I ever worked at.
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
This is the worst place I ever worked at. I can't believe I even worked here and that it is even on my resume. My manager was AWFUL! He got let after they caught on to him.
Cons
Great place to work with good sales ability
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2018
ReachLocal was a great place to work. You must be sales-oriented and cold-calling is definitely a large part of the job. If you're a people person and good at networking you'll definitely succeed.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
High sales quotas, lack of provided leads
Terrible Sales Leadership
pre-sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
The lack of understanding on the sales end trickled all the way down from upper management. No one had a solid process and it seemed as though it was made up as they went. Very unbalanced system. I guess they had it all together at their headquarters but the Phoenix office was a mess and they have people in management who have no concern for others, only themselves.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
expectations are crazy.
The company was sold
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 26, 2017
I was hired as a temp to hire but the company was sold two months after I started. My main responsibility was system trouble shooting and imaging for both internal & external users.
Great place for beginner marketers
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This is a wonderful place to get your feet wet in digital marketing. They provide great beginner training but lack in advanced training. Upward mobility is close to impossible to achieve. Even upper management has little upward mobility.
Great Company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Liked working for ReachLocal ... great company with great people but weak management training and opportunities. There are some that are excellent and other managers that aren't so great. The technology is the best in the industry but very clunky to manage and have a 1 year learning curve for any new hires.
Wonderful Company - Unfortunately Under New Channel Management
PARTNER OPERATIONS MANANGER (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2017
After 9+ years at ReachLocal, I cannot fully express my appreciation and love for the company and it's people. Unfortunately, the channel I work in is now under new leadership and is no longer conducive to a healthy work environment.
Pros
People, Salary, Benefits, Reach
Cons
Unfortunate Management Changes
Great Opportunity
Build/Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 27, 2017
Had a great chance to learn the Continuous Delivery principles in action and in a deeper sense. Lots of changes occurred and not much transparency in regards to the budget and financials of the company.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Not much variety for eating walking distance
Love this Job
Technical Writer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 29, 2017
Great company culture, beautiful open office space, great managers, fun work, great business, enjoyable work location, nice people. I would still be there if I was not a contractor.
Pros
Open office, interesting work, great product line
Cons
Great people, stressful work environment.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 22, 2017
Decent place to work. All new technology and tools. However the working environment is noisy and stressful. There is no ability to focus without wearing headphones.
People were great, though. Very friendly and helpful, with some exceptions.
Great team and management so long as you are producing
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
The Work culture at ReachLocal is great as long as you are producing otherwise management is all over you. There's a lot of turnover as some people just can't handle the rejection.
Pros
Cons
To many changes to compensation structure over two years
Lack of Revenue Rich Business Model
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2017
ReachLocal and it's products offer a "nice to have" set of solutions, not a "need to have." The ideal client is a healthy business. They were healthy before RL came along and will be after they part ways making this a challenging sale for some. The products are not revenue rich so the company struggles to balance high overhead with a quality customer experience.
Pros and Cons
Sales (Current Employee) –  PlanoMay 20, 2017
For sales, there are several unrealistic goals. Depending on the department you're in, you have no chance at success. Only if you came in 6 plus years ago, the chances to succeed are slim. Nothing but numbers without real value.

Servicing clients is low priority due to operational holes. Pros, if you've not joined sales and worked there long enough, you can overcome everything the huge pitfalls anyone will face just starting off.
Good Company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 27, 2017
The company is great and was changing their business model and how they compensate their sales reps. While I was there a lot changed and all the sales reps left to other companies once commissions were drastically reduced. The product churns a great deal and it is very hard to keep customers on board long term.
Used to be a great place
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 11, 2017
Over time as well as the nature of the fragmented industry Reachlocal became harder to work with because the margins became less and less. Several layoffs and management shakeups led to disfunction in numerous areas.

They have since been bought by another company and I hear good things from those who are still there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReachLocal. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight