ReachLocal Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay place to start, if you don't like to to grow
Marketing Account Manager-National Brands (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 8, 2018
Great place to work if you're right out of college and actively work to find something outside of ReachLocal. You can make this your long term workplace, but I don't recommend it. If you like being promised promotions that never come to fruition, this is for you. Casual attire is nice but it comes with a super-casual mentality, bordering on sophomoric behavior. Start here and then hustle your way to a new gig.
Pros
Unlimited vacation time
Cons
Limited upper mobility, low pay
Great company! Pay isn't that good
Regional Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2018
When it comes to the employees, they really find great talent! But the pay for my position isn't the best. I live pay check to pay check and I don't know when I'll get a raise.
This is the worst place I ever worked at.
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2018
This is the worst place I ever worked at. I can't believe I even worked here and that it is even on my resume. My manager was AWFUL! He got let after they caught on to him.
Cons
Great place to work with good sales ability
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2018
ReachLocal was a great place to work. You must be sales-oriented and cold-calling is definitely a large part of the job. If you're a people person and good at networking you'll definitely succeed.
Pros
Flexible hours, good management
Cons
High sales quotas, lack of provided leads
Terrible Sales Leadership
pre-sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 1, 2017
The lack of understanding on the sales end trickled all the way down from upper management. No one had a solid process and it seemed as though it was made up as they went. Very unbalanced system. I guess they had it all together at their headquarters but the Phoenix office was a mess and they have people in management who have no concern for others, only themselves.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
expectations are crazy.
The company was sold
Tech Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXNovember 26, 2017
I was hired as a temp to hire but the company was sold two months after I started. My main responsibility was system trouble shooting and imaging for both internal & external users.
Great place for beginner marketers
Search Engine Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 27, 2017
This is a wonderful place to get your feet wet in digital marketing. They provide great beginner training but lack in advanced training. Upward mobility is close to impossible to achieve. Even upper management has little upward mobility.
Great Company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 17, 2017
Liked working for ReachLocal ... great company with great people but weak management training and opportunities. There are some that are excellent and other managers that aren't so great. The technology is the best in the industry but very clunky to manage and have a 1 year learning curve for any new hires.
Wonderful Company - Unfortunately Under New Channel Management
PARTNER OPERATIONS MANANGER (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 17, 2017
After 9+ years at ReachLocal, I cannot fully express my appreciation and love for the company and it's people. Unfortunately, the channel I work in is now under new leadership and is no longer conducive to a healthy work environment.
Pros
People, Salary, Benefits, Reach
Cons
Unfortunate Management Changes
Great Opportunity
Build/Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 27, 2017
Had a great chance to learn the Continuous Delivery principles in action and in a deeper sense. Lots of changes occurred and not much transparency in regards to the budget and financials of the company.
Pros
Lots of support
Cons
Not much variety for eating walking distance
Love this Job
Technical Writer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 29, 2017
Great company culture, beautiful open office space, great managers, fun work, great business, enjoyable work location, nice people. I would still be there if I was not a contractor.
Pros
Open office, interesting work, great product line
Cons
Great people, stressful work environment.
Sr. Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJune 22, 2017
Decent place to work. All new technology and tools. However the working environment is noisy and stressful. There is no ability to focus without wearing headphones.
People were great, though. Very friendly and helpful, with some exceptions.
Great team and management so long as you are producing
Internet Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 21, 2017
The Work culture at ReachLocal is great as long as you are producing otherwise management is all over you. There's a lot of turnover as some people just can't handle the rejection.
Pros
Cons
To many changes to compensation structure over two years
Lack of Revenue Rich Business Model
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 20, 2017
ReachLocal and it's products offer a "nice to have" set of solutions, not a "need to have." The ideal client is a healthy business. They were healthy before RL came along and will be after they part ways making this a challenging sale for some. The products are not revenue rich so the company struggles to balance high overhead with a quality customer experience.
Pros and Cons
Sales (Current Employee) –  PlanoMay 20, 2017
For sales, there are several unrealistic goals. Depending on the department you're in, you have no chance at success. Only if you came in 6 plus years ago, the chances to succeed are slim. Nothing but numbers without real value.

Servicing clients is low priority due to operational holes. Pros, if you've not joined sales and worked there long enough, you can overcome everything the huge pitfalls anyone will face just starting off.
Good Company
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 27, 2017
The company is great and was changing their business model and how they compensate their sales reps. While I was there a lot changed and all the sales reps left to other companies once commissions were drastically reduced. The product churns a great deal and it is very hard to keep customers on board long term.
Used to be a great place
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAApril 11, 2017
Over time as well as the nature of the fragmented industry Reachlocal became harder to work with because the margins became less and less. Several layoffs and management shakeups led to disfunction in numerous areas.

They have since been bought by another company and I hear good things from those who are still there.
Great Place to Work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 31, 2017
ReachLocal is a great place to work. I've enjoyed my time here and have grown a lot in my career. I get to work with a lot of different people who really care about their jobs and what they do. We have a lot of fun office activities so you get to know your coworkers and really enjoy coming to work.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Open floor plan
Great work life balance and Culture
Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 21, 2017
Very flexible. Able to work from home when necessary. Casual dress code--jeans everyday! Young, tech company--open work enviornment is sometimes a plus and sometimes not.
Great people but lacking in middle mananment
Digital Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 13, 2017
I loved working for ReachLocal,,, They do a great job of getting people to work there however they struggle with preparing managers for leadership Lacking leadership and training for leaders is greatly likely. They are a 13+-year-old tech company that's still relying on the technology developed 10+ years ago. It is slow and antiquated and held up primarily by people who manage it. It glitchy and takes upwards of 12 months to really understand how it works. It's basic functions work but any update change is so difficult to do. Any role in that organization is made 2 or 3 times more difficult because of the aging platform. But any big organization has issues and their people save them time and time again.,
Pros
the people, the pay
Cons
management knowing what happens on front lines

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReachLocal. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

89out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at ReachLocal.

Powered by Comparably