Reading Hospital Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced job/ Great Supervisor
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAAugust 13, 2018
I have been in the role for a while. My Supervisor has been in our shoes and knows what we do which is nice. He is able to answer our questions to the best of his ability and if he doesn’t know the answer to the question he will find out. He is also laid back and trusts us to do our jobs which is nice. The lab is nice and organized though I wish our pay was more. I feel we do a lot and don’t get compensated enough.
Pros
Laid back atmosphere
Cons
Compensation
job
Licensed Practical Nurse/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Reading, PAAugust 1, 2018
I started out in Intensive care and went on to become a LPN and have met awesome people and worked with great doctors. I last was working on a vent floor with patient 2 to 1 and enjoyed everyting I did but when the hospital alimented LPN I need to look for another job
good place to work
Phone Operator (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJuly 27, 2018
The Reading Hospital is a good place to work, Most of the staff are nice and helpful but the hospital has its down sides terrible management and leadership needs a major update its just terrible we are not treated right not paid enough for all the things I do.
New nurse
Critical Care Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 23, 2018
I was a new nurse when I started in their ICU. (over a decade ago) The orientation was wonderful, hard, but challenging and made me the nurse I am today. I also really appreciated that the nurses I worked with treated everyone with respect. This includes other nurses in the floor or ER.
Maintained good working environment
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 21, 2018
There is good communication between immediate coworkers. The environment is professional but enjoyable sometimes even fun. Some flexibility with requests for time off.
Great place to volunteer and learn.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJuly 9, 2018
This was a great volunteer opportunity for me since I was able to expand on my compassionate care skills and I felt like this opportunity allowed me to grow as a person.
Great Place to Work
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 22, 2018
I have been working at the Reading Hospital for 7 years. I started as a housekeeper, then became a Personal care Assistant (nurse aide), and I currently work as a Registered Nurse. This company provides a lot of career advancement opportunities.
my coworkers were amazing
Nutrition Worker/Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 19, 2018
my coworkers made working 14-hour shifts bearable while management struggled to stay organized. I was also promised time to take classes towards my degree but once I started it was made blatantly obvious they were not going to work with me to make that possible. besides that, I have no actual complaints
Pros
amazing people and you get to help patients
Cons
management was disorganized
patient oriented
PATIENT CARE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 15, 2018
patient care is always first. There is always opportunities for career advancements and the tuition reimbursement is a great plus. You make your own schedule and they work around students schedules as well.
EVS worker
Environmental Service Worker (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 15, 2018
Working in the environmental service dept or housekeeping will mean cleaning patient rooms, common areas such as bathrooms and waiting rooms.

You will need to dispose of trash and use proper cleaning methods as taught by management. Usually this is very independant work. Management has access to reach you if you are needed for other cleaning needs.

Sometimes you are assigned a particular area to clean daily or everyday could be different everyday depending on the need.
Pros
Independant work, fairly easy
Cons
on feet all day
Great place for employment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAJune 6, 2018
Great place to work. Every one is friendly and concerned. Tuition reimbursement is the highest in this area. I have learned a lot of cardiac. Management is always understanding.
Cons
short lunc breaks on certain units
typical work day
Patient Care Assistant and Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 4, 2018
my work days ranged from 12 to 13 hours. patients come first so if their needs exceeded my 12 hour work day then I ended up staying to help. It is a great place to work and I enjoyed it very much
reading hospital
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAJune 1, 2018
this is a really good place to work if you're into health care. The reading hospital is a reputable place to work. It provides good care to many people.
Emergency Department
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 25, 2018
I learned the most from the Emergency Department at Reading Hospital. Extremely fast paced. Many critical patients and so much to learn. The most difficult part of this job was also the best and it was how much there was to learn.
Working for Reading Hospital in Tower Health
Coder (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAMay 21, 2018
To be employed by the Reading Hospital was a personal goal I set for myself. I succeeded in being accepted and maintaining my position through a period of great change for this hospital. I achieved immense professional growth personally while overcoming obstacles. This facility has undergone massive restructuring to become what it is today. I have learned a great deal and am forever grateful.
great place for advancement
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 1, 2018
this company helped many of my coworkers advance into the medical field, they offered company paid training for a variety of different positions. i enjoyed being a part of their team
Pros
lunch card
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 30, 2018
This was an internship placement for my senior year of college. The atmosphere was great and all of the staff that I encountered during my time there. I would recommend people to work there.
Only if you’re desperate for a job
Nutritionist (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 23, 2018
This is a good job if you have no other option. If management changes, then this job would be okay. You are over worked and under paid however, so keep that in mind when applying. Also It is really easy to get fired so keep your points in mind
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay, management
Organized but too nitpicky about irrelevant things
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Reading, PAApril 15, 2018
My issue is mainly with management. My department has a manager who does not even know anything about our job or how to do it so I felt it was irresponsible of upper management to place someone in that role who can't even answer our questions because he has no idea what our job entails.
Pros
Good cafeteria, Lots of free swag
Cons
Too rigid, poor management
Reading Hospital used to be an amazing place to work but that changed dramatically.
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAApril 11, 2018
Reading Hospital used to be an amazing place to work but that changed dramatically when new management was brought in and it seemed that the management cared more about money and surveys than patients and staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reading Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight