ReadyNurse Employee Reviews

Poorly ran
LPN (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 6, 2018
The best thing about this company is the weekly pay. As a travel nurse the recruiter has absolutely no commitment to you or your cause. The company Genesis has very little respect for the luttle people who happen to be the ones who care for their reaidents. There is no regard to your being human and requiring off days etc. I will never work for this company again. As long as Genesis and ready nurse continues to treat nurses like cattle they will remain to be short staffed
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Owned by Genesis
Advacacy
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTMay 25, 2018
Ready is one of the few companies that exercise loyalty to their CNA's. They work very hard to keep you working, and they search for the best possible opportunities that fit your personality. They are loyal and consistent!
New places to work all the time if you want, or stay where u like flex
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant/HHA (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CT 06095April 26, 2018
Great place to work!! Staff always has shifts for you and give you time to get to your location, weekly pay and direct deposits, no compensation for gas but still worth it, because you can pick up shifts near your home.
Pros
pay/ many shifts
Cons
no comp for gas
Another division of corrupt Genesis Healthcare
LPN (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 17, 2018
Do yourself a favor, go work for another travel/staffing agency besides ReadyNurse/CareerStaff Unlimited. Low pay, no housing or food stipend paid on days you don't work, no paid vacation or sick days, terrible benefits ( $6000 dollar deductible!), No help finding housing. They are ultimately owned by the corrupt "profit before patients or employees" Genesis Healthcare system. If you think they have your back should you have problems at any of the Genesis facilities they stick you in, you are mistaken, because again, they are owned by Genesis!!!! You've been warned!!!!
Pros
Cons
As above.
They work for the companies, not for the nurse.
RN (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 20, 2018
I have been a victim of ReadyNurse. They falsely led me to believe that if I took a part time position at a company they were hired by to fill positions, that this company always went on to hire the nurse. I can’t believe that I fell for their scam, but they sounded so genuine. I quit my full time job with benefits to take this position that paid more. The company was actually using me as a fill in until the nurse they had directly hired came on board. Two weeks after she was on board, ReadyNurse called me saying my contract was over. So there I am with now no job and ReadyNurse never called me again with another job opportunity. They knew what they had done. Stay away!
overall liked it
LNA (Per diem ) (Current Employee) –  Bedford, NHDecember 5, 2017
i worked part time weekend they send me many places thats little doesn't like things where i worked they very very helpful they give hand on everything that a work place like thats why i gave 5
Good start but no management
CNA (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MENovember 6, 2017
No ongoing manager or scheduler. Times I'd go weeks of calling and emailing just to not hear back or have a pay check as i didnt work. No communication at all. The pay is good and there flexible with only what you want to work.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No work hours
Poor recruiters, mgmnt not gd.
LPN Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  GT. FALLS MTOctober 30, 2017
No compassion for their staff when a family emergency happens. Husband had a severe PTSD episode, had to leave 1 wk early. Was threatened with abandonment.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no perks
ReadyNurse
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 4, 2017
Great company to work for. They truly look after their employees. Very respectable and caring. Management is hands on and the on-call supervisor is always looking for work for the staff. I love the company. The hardest part of the job is getting adjusted to different facilities and travel time. Once you get used to the facility and how things are done there, it gets easier.
Pros
flexibility in schedule
Cons
travel time
Fun workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 13, 2017
I love being per diem they always work. To find shifts that fit into your schedule. The most enjoyable part is traveling all over the state of rhode island.
You can do so much better
Phlebotomist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  TampaApril 13, 2017
They pay you 11 dollars an hour for 2 years of experience in phlebotomy and 1 in medical assisting !!!! Got a job at Tampa general and I have no experience and I make 13 an hour! You do more work here with insanely less pay. They say they want the best employees and won't settle for less, but they can't get them because they won't compensate for those great employees.
Pros
They SOUND like a great company
Cons
Unrealistic standards, want the best employees but won't pay for them
Good company to work for if
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 11, 2017
If you aren't looking to stay in one area of specialization or if you really don't have a preference, this is a great company to work for. The schedulers work hard to get you hours but on the flip side, they work hard to fill hours for their clients which sometimes means pesky calls asking for fill ins.
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Cons
Not always guaranteed
Terrible Communication
LNA (Former Employee) –  Bedford, NHMarch 28, 2017
The communication within this company is horrible. When I first started, it seemed like a genuine group of people who really looked out for where the staffed, but also for the employees. There were no benefits, but helping others would bring the most joy.
However, there were several instances when I would go to a nursing home to staff, and would be told that the shift had already been covered.
And when my BLS certificate was up, I had one person in the office tell me I could work as long as that facility didn't require it; and another person tell me it was mandatory.
It's almost like they can't figure out their own policies. Which is unsettling. There should be more communication between the office staff, also between the facilities they're staffing in, and the associates they have working for them.
Pros
Caring for others
Cons
No benefits, lack of communication
You could do a lot better
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaFebruary 27, 2017
I was sent to a facility where they literally had no staff left. Management was horrible. Everyone walked around with a chip on their shoulders. My relief was late at least twice a week and when trying to call management of the facility for issues, they NEVER picked up their phone. You never knew when you would be left to work a double because actual staff wasn't available. Fake daily schedules were made to give the working nurse a sense of relief that someone was coming to relieve you!! Nurse to patient ratio was bad!! There were nursing assistants working doubles back to back. I was doing the jobs of three people and only got paid for one!!! My experience was bad!! I never want to be in a situation like that again! Never in my months as a LPN have I worked this hard!!
Pros
I loved taking care of my patients and they loved me
Cons
Management, other nurses knick picking and stabbing you in the back, no teamwork
Never again
Nurse (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2016
Horrible experience! Never work with them...they do not hire people of color! Their communication and getting back with you is basically nonexistent.
Pros
Ha!
Cons
Everything they stand for
pool nurse
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Windsor, CTJanuary 29, 2016
pool nurse staffing nearby nursing home facilities. administration of oral medications, charting in the medical record, administration of wound dressing changes, and collection of specimens. provide treatments prescribed by doctors and update notes according to progress of residents
Great place to work with competitive pay!
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Andover, MANovember 4, 2015
A typical day at work involves traveling to your assignment. Oftentimes, you get to make your own schedule, which is fantastic. The staff is easy to talk to with questions and concerns that may arise. Great place to work with competitive pay.
Temp agency
Assist residents (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDMay 20, 2015
Very routine assignments. No managers or co workers, very easy job love working with the patients. Nothing was hard about the job, management was in the office while workers work out in the field.
Pros
one on one patients
Cons
no benefits
Great Travel Nurse Company
LPN (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTNovember 18, 2014
I have been with them for 6 months and always happy were they have sent me.
Pros
comps.
poor communication
TRAVEL LPN (Former Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJuly 27, 2014
Company fails to back their workers. Clients complain the placement staff does not stay in touch with them. Poor communication between the company and the clients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ReadyNurse. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about