Real Appeal Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Dream Job
CORE Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNFebruary 28, 2018
Real appeal has been an absolute dream to work for. NO companies are perfect but I’ve been with real appeal for two years and have never known more about all aspects of any company I’ve worked for before. We have weekly smaller coaching team meetings, monthly all coach meetings and monthly all company meetings. Communication and feedback are very important to leadership and they value what you have to say. We recently did an anonymous survey and 90% of coaching employees said they loved their job and that they were proud to work for real appeal.

If you are self motivated and disciplined and love helping people with weight loss this is something to consider. We have a certain way we coach but we don’t sell anything. We simply teach about portion control, exercise, stress, sleep and a ton of other topics that influence weight loss. This way of coaching is widely applicable and helpful for hundreds of thousands of people and you have the possibility to impact hundreds of people directly through your coaching. And, it’s honestly no different than I was trying to do on my own but I no longer have to go find clients or market myself to strangers. Less of that and more time for the actual coaching.

If you are currently coaching independently you’re very likely already working nights and struggling to get or keep enough clients to pay your bills. With real appeal you get the best of both worlds, plus they are very focused on work/life balance and encourage time off and not working more than 40 hours.
Pros
Great benefits, work from home, close relationship with leadership, too many to list!
Cons
Technology growing pains
Unprofessional
Health Coach (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 21, 2018
I was excited for this opportunity, unfortunately it fell short. I went through the training and was offered a position and a later start date. I was significantly under-compensated for the training and reached out to the HR contact (who had been communicative in the past). The HR contact ignored my polite request/inquiry to be paid the agreed upon amount for my training.

I found this to be disappointing and extremely unprofessional. I would have been more than happy to start at a later date with the company however not being compensated properly and being ignored when bringing this matter to their attention showed a lack of respect for my time and no regard to keeping their word.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Not compensated properly
Great company
IT Support (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 4, 2018
I love working with my co-workers and managers because we all help each other and be real with each other when we're messing up. We also help each other with advice when it comes to dealing with trouble customers and also make sure that we all take our breaks. I would recommend working with Real Appeal to anybody if they want an enjoyable experience.
Pros
Breaks, people, managers, and the location.
Cons
The customers.
Amazing mission - Poor collaboration, lack of daily communication, pay, hours and management
Health Transformation Coach (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 26, 2018
Working to better an individuals health is incredibly rewarding however, Real Appeal has taken the joy out of coaching. It is so heavily corporate and you are constantly alone talking to a computer with no one talking to you or with you. It's miserable... I had such high hopes for this company but was heavily mislead during my interview. Working here was the worst decision.
Pros
Improving the lives of others, Great Program
Cons
Stress of performance, No freedom to work outside the home, No interaction with coworkers, Hourly Pay, Bonus structure, No Ergonomic accessories or budget provided, Short lunch break, Terrible hours
Great Culture
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2018
Real Appeal is a great place to work, the employees and managers are very friendly and outgoing. Only downfall is the fact of doing so much extra work, and not getting any raise in regards to task that is not meant for my position.
Pros
great workers, pto.
Cons
pay, management
Health Transformation Coach
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 10, 2018
Unfortunately, Real Appeal has a long way to go in terms of how it's operated and questions are rarely answered. A bonus is offered, but there is no literature on compensation or how it's determined. Management has expectations of coaches but don't uphold the expectations themselves. You're rarely informed on important information that needs to be sent to clients, at times the information is received late. Whenever technology problems arise, it's the coaches fault despite it being out of our control.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Management is uninterested in how the company is run
Wonderful place to work
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Applying for this job was the best choice I've made for my career. Work from home, 4 day workweek, support from both your peers and higher ups, rewarding work, good benefits, opportunity for career growth, people who care, members who are appreciative... I truly can't think of anything negative to say about this company.
I love my job
Coach (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaNovember 3, 2017
I'm doing exactly what I was meant to do - helping people achieve healthier lives. The benefits are great and I feel valued as an employee. The company is growing rapidly and offers many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Work from home. Company is growing. Work/Life balance.
Cons
Unable to work remotely from any location
Ok job
Floater (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 10, 2017
As long as you stay to yourself and if management like you, your job will be safe. Unfortunately Our Dept. was laid off but we had opportunity to advance to the IT dept. There is good and bad about this place but that's any work place. Real Appeal I gain some life long friendships and met great people overall.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Power Trip Everyone wants to be the boss
Great place to work.
Marketing Manager/Product Research (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 6, 2017
Great start-up organization with a mission I believe in and enjoyed working to be a part of leaving a legacy. The environment and culture are great and team I worked with was good. The executive leadership team is top-notch and I learned a great deal.
Pros
Telecommute
Cons
Temporary position
its okay
Personalization Expert (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2017
its an okay job , okay staff could be more professional , good environment . not really room to move up as in position wise we have employee of the month parties which is good but I feel like they dont give everyone a chance to get employee of the month always picking the same people
Pros
employment parties
Cons
Fast-paced, growing company with great opportunities for advancement
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 9, 2017
Working from home, you must be self-motivated and productive in your own work environment. Great workplace environment, room for growth with a number of opportunities continuing to present themselves. Company is consistently growing so there are many opportunities. If you enjoy helping other people get healthier and are willing to be open to change this is a good fit!
Pros
work from home, growing company
Cons
Only can work from 3 specific locations
Incredibly Rewarding Career
Transformation Coach (Current Employee) –  NevadaMay 14, 2017
I have been with Real Appeal since the start. In spite of the occasional technology hiccups and growing pains, it is an amazing place to work. Not only do we have the opportunity to help our members discover a healthy lifestyle, we are surrounded with leadership who truly value what we do every day. In meetings, even our director of coaching asks about our members' success stories. The joy that management finds in each person's success makes it clear how much this company cares about fighting the battle of obesity and illness. Leadership not only understands, but insists on a proper work/life balance. In spite of being a virtual company, the connection between coaches is amazing. We are provided with ongoing training and support to enhance our skills on a regular basis.There is room for career growth, and it's encouraged! Not only is this an amazing career, but the best part is: We work from home!
Pros
Supportive Leadership, Ongoing Training, Opportunity for Growth, Work from home!
Cons
Technology can be challenging at times.
Great company to work for!
Health Transformation Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 4, 2017
Real appeal is a wonderful company to work for, with the opportunity as a coach to really positively impact so many people's lives every day. The company is growing quickly and offers numerous opportunities to advance.
Pros
Work from home, excellent communication with company management
Major Growing Pains
Coach (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 26, 2017
Major tech issues and employees held accountable for issues not able to control such as flaws in the tech programs. Management seems to be way over their head.
Pros
work from home
Cons
major growing pains
rewarding work
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 7, 2017
I love working for the company and love the work I do each day. Being a part of helping others get healthier is incredibly rewarding. The company is fantastic, communicate well about what is going on in the business and supports growth from within.
Coaching Opportunity
Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNApril 6, 2017
As a "Administrative Corporate Drop Out" who turned coach entrepreneur I found that trying to finding my own clients and putting together coaching programs was daunting and way too time consuming. I wanted to spend more time coaching and inspiring life transformation vs. marketing and running a business. Real Appeal offers the opportunity to use coaching skills several hours a day as well as the curriculum/program given to you. As a virtual work from home wellness coach I am able to have that feel of entrepreneurial spirit within reason with several hundred opportunities to inspire and coach.
Pros
work from home, 4 - 10 hour days
Cons
Company is always changing.
Very rewarding work-from-home position
Health Coach (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2017
I've worked for Real Appeal for almost a year and a half now, it's been fantastic to see the company grow and change over that time. The management is very open and keeps all employees in the loop on what's happening as well as what's next for the company. There's room for advancement, fair policies, and they do a great job at creating a team environment despite the coaches all working from home. The position itself is very rewarding because you get to help people every day through messaging, 1-on-1's, and group sessions. You get to be the support that so many people need so they can improve their lives and reach their goals.
Pros
Work from home, rewarding position, great management
Cons
Meaningful work that has a lasting impact. Great work-life balance
CORE Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Twin Cities, MNApril 6, 2017
Real Appeal provides a positive work environment that allows you to make a very real and meaningful impact in the lives of others. You get to help others make lifestyle changes to help them lose weight in a safe and effective way through group coaching and indivdual sessions. Working from home allows for a great work life balance. This is honestly the best company I have ever worked for. The training is in-depth and thorough, and I enjoy going to work everyday. There are also many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Great work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, meaningful work, work from home, positive work environment
Work from home is a definite plus!
Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 7, 2016
I really enjoy working from home, this is the most enjoyable part of my job. This company has dedicated, diligent and friendly people--managers and co-workers alike--which is rare to find in most professions.
Pros
Work from home