Realogy Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a top tier company but decent
None (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJuly 14, 2018
HR is beholden to Executives so if you do experience harassment do not engage HR. I witnessed a couple of situations a Vice President "hitting" on subordinates, creating a "no win" situation for the employee. On one occasion the alleged victim was terminated. It is a decent company but will require political maneuvering with older white men to advance within the profession. A great place to learn about the industry and the franchise model. It needs a culture change but ethics are stressed from the top down.
Pros
Learning the business
Cons
Needs a culture change
Company is cheap and doesn’t care about its lower level employees.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 24, 2018
The company expects more and more from its employees but gives less and less. Raises are horrible and and have been for years often not even covering the rise in cost of your health benefits. When decisions are made that will upset the employees, those decisions are not communicated to the employees and when questions are asked, management ignores them because they feel we are not worth an explanation.

We are expected to take on more and more work with little to no compensation or even appreciation, it is expected if you want to keep your job or get a raise. There is never any money in the budget for conferences or seminars for lower level employees but managers go to conferences and seminars several times a year.

I enjoy my job and the work I do but feel unappreciated and employees morale is so bad that it is immediately recognized by anyone who visits.
Pros
Conveniently located.
Cons
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap
it was good
Integrated Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 17, 2018
good team good work and open door policy. Allows you to speak your mind. if you have big 4 experience, this is perfect place to go to as they do not like training anyone they expect people to just hit the curb running.
Poor Corporate culture
Senior UNIX and SAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 9, 2018
Realogy provides little to no benefit of continued education if outside the corporate headquarters. Constant threat of layoffs and an expectation to work long days.
It a job if you want it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 9, 2018
It was temporary job for me. People was nice helpful except for one of manager. Relaxed, no one standing over your shoulders. Lots of emails for vendors and brokers it was tax seasons. Repetitive data entry. Hour lunch, leave early on Friday, take a break whenever you want.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive
I worked in Realogy inside ACS a zerox company, not directly under Realgy
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 9, 2018
Very flexible with family, great employees all over the world to help. Work from home experience. Vacation, PTO and sick leave earned every pay period. since I wasn't directly under Realogy the pay raises were not very often.
Pros
Flexible with family
Cons
not enough money
A company with known code of ethics.
Senior Manager Real Estate Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 18, 2018
Working at Realogy was a new earning experience for me in real estate. I enjoyed the comradery and exposure to many new nuances of the industry. The town hall meetings were a corroborative means of sharing communications throughout the company. I did not find my duties as challenging and expressive as I would have liked. I felt my duties were micromanaged and I would encourage change in that area, at least in the department I worked in.
Pros
Learned a new industry
Cons
Micromanaging
Drastic change in company culture
Coordinator, Manager, etc. (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 10, 2018
In my opinion, employees account for 50% of the success of any company. The other 50% is attributable to its leaders. Change in a company's culture causes its leaders to also change in how they operate the business. They begin to manage rather than lead as they once did and no longer guide their employees to understand and adapt to the change and the new expectations, and how to become the best they can be in their current or changing role. As a result, the once committed and loyal employees begin feeling undervalued and unappreciated for the knowledge they possess. There is no more coaching, mentoring or encouragement because the demands of the changed culture does not allow the time to lead which ultimately does not have positive results in the long term.

Other notes:
For a company of its size, compensation and benefits are average.
Too much emphasis is placed on image to uphold and not employee productivity, which regularly goes unrecognized, especially when the employees are the crux of that image.
Although knowledgeable, and got the job done with great results, often felt I did not belong/"fit in".
I did learn that I desire to work with a company which values its employees opinions and differences, coaches, mentors, encourages, and leads, and one which is aware of the difference between leading and managing.
Pros
Comradery among employees resulted in great friendships
Cons
Little to no communication with direct supervisor, upper management demanded unreasonable requests and did not respect employee opinion
Company Review
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 4, 2018
Time stayed there was the best time of my career. I want to say that when I was there, I was able to interact with lots of people in different departments at company holidays.
Pros
Cafeteria, day off during birthdays
Cons
No time for the company town hall meetings
Human Resources Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 2, 2018
The company challenges you to do your best, and to strech yourself to ultimate capabilities.

Management is great, and the future of this company is strong.
Good company
Legal Assistant - Temporary (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMarch 27, 2018
Temp position where we worked as a team to process documents needed. It was enjoyable work and like the people I worked with. I liked having to read the agreements to confirm if needed.
Pros
lawyers were pretty easy to work with
Cons
There werer walls and walls of files when we started
Unrelenting volume of work resulting in poor work/life balance
Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 24, 2018
Unreasonable expectations surrounding workload. Constant pressure to keep the pace with little or no respites. Poor work life balance. Benefits and paid time off were average for the size company.
Pros
Inclusive work culture
Great atmosphere and comradary
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 16, 2018
Typical work day was dealing with brokers and deadlines for the real estate side of the business.
Meetings were minimal throughout the week which was good. Management was open and acceptable to ideas and strategies. Hardest part of the job was the volume of work.
Most enjoyable was the people
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
workload
Fast paced market driven
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 15, 2018
Lots of changes driven by market conditions. Must be comfortable with fast moving shifts in brand marketing. Must be comfortable with self driven project responsibilities.
Pros
Unique in business
Cons
Highly leveraged
Their strength is in their people
Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMarch 9, 2018
Worked with a great group of people who were collaborative and engaging. Ability to work remotely was a large plus. I was provided with the tools and assistance to excel.
Pros
Ability to work remotely
Cons
Management changes
Good solid employer
Vice President Operational Excellence (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAFebruary 27, 2018
Tough industry, major leadership changes are helping. Good example of developing leadership pipeline. Needs to aggressively pursue more innovation in aging industry.
Nothing Ethical about Reality
IT (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Realogy dictates the company as a whole follows the strict guidelines in having the most Ethical company in the world. I have seen and been involved with pushing matters to the side that needed to be addressed. Managment abuses their coworkers with empty threats of lay offs in order to get the employees do to their job with being fired on the employees mind, company has very low morale.
Pros
40 hour work week you are not expected to work over the 40 hours
Cons
Listed above
Nice community
Product Manager - ERA Real Estate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Realogy employs lovely people and is in a great location. The work was simply not challenging to me, but the pay did commensurate with the responsibility.
Pros
mpost people worked a 9-5 day
Low stress environment
Sr. NOC Analyst (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Low stress environment for the most part.
However, poor management has recently increased stress.
Hardest part of the job is not being recognized for good work and only receive feedback when a mistake is made.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Recent negative work environment
Nice office. Less than optimal work culture.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJFebruary 12, 2018
Worked @ Realogy for almost 4 years. While for the most part the experience was positive, 2 bigger things bothered me. First, upper management in my business unit operated in a clique and did not communicate well to middle management and the rank and file about issues/challenges/etc, so most were left on their own to do what they felt was best for the company. Second, there was little opportunity to advance due to exceeding your predefined role, as little to no feedback was ever given nor goals set. This resulted in little to no annual raises in my base comp and by bonuses were smaller than I've ever had. On the plus side, it was a good place to work from a personal perspective, as they respect family obligations (so wfh w/ sick kids, etc is not uncommon) and the people there are friendly/genuine. Management really just needs to do a better job managing its people.
Pros
nice office. friendly co-workers. culturally diverse workforce.
Cons
management operates in a clique.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realogy. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight