Realogy Employee Reviews

No Management
IT Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 28, 2018
The culture was to work as an Indepent IT Support Analyst, to train yourself on new application roll-outs(minimum training) to manage yourself, minimum interaction with supervisors and managers. DO your job show up on time and you would not have a problem.
Run
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJNovember 23, 2018
HR lacks support of employees lower than top-tier. Many open-ended investigations for employees that complained about their supervisors. Lack of female support in the IT department. Many employees did not get annual reviews for years.
Fun work environment when not micro managed
Commissions Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJNovember 12, 2018
The company is a great company to work for if you can get passed to constant favoritism and micro management. Dress code is casual so it makes work relaxing. Responsibilities are pretty cut and dry depending on your position. Overall I would recommend this company to anybody willing to look past management and favoritism.
Very fast paced work environment, no room for error
Treasury Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 29, 2018
This company was awesome for the 1st year I worked there, then if sort of starting getting very politic-ish in my opinion. The managers were awesome at first but then I noticed that one manager was sort of recommending "his own people" (people he worked with somewhere else) and most of those people were not coming in on time or staying late as the rest of us were. I didn't feel that there was fairness across the board (aka; favoritism) so after a year, I felt the need to leave the company. Also, management expects you to stay in a hotel during the winter days if the weather calls for snow or a storm because they don't want anyone calling out because of the weather. So they book rooms for the team to stay in a hotel nearby, the rooms are nice and they pay for everything, but you don't have a choice of going home to your families, they expect you to stay every-time. That I didn't agree with. Also, they equip you to be able to work remotely or from home if needed to because you get a laptop (which you have to carry with you everyday) but you're never allowed to work from home during inclement weather, (which I never understood why). And to be approved for days off or vacation was a project in itself, management wanted the staff to put your names in a pool to draw names, It was ridiculous. And if you took a full hour for lunch, they judged you as if you were doing something wrong, because it was so busy that they expect people to get food and come right back to work.The company over-all is a good company and offers a lot of incentives and perks if you are willing to overlook all  more... the office politics.  less
Pros
Free Lunch regularly
Cons
Overload of overtime and stay in a hotel during snow days
paycheck
purchasing (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 19, 2018
Join this company only if you need to list something on your resume. Get some experience and leave before they burn you out. Perfect company if you don't have a family. Medical coverage has got to be one of the worse for a huge company. Raise are 2% at most but medical goes up every year. Don't count on H/R for help ( read glassdoor about H/R). Most employees handle the work load of two people. No bonus for hourly employees. And Communication does not exist. I do not understand how this companies win the most ethical award. Honestly i just can't figure that one out. I really wish the board members would do some kind of under boss like event in this place.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
Bad healthcare, bad H/R, overworked, low increases
Not a very good work atmosphere
Network Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 18, 2018
I was a contractor for a short time at Realogy. The staff seemed very tense and reserved when upper management was around. It was not a comfortable atmosphere. All the seating was in an open area surrounded by glass offices with upper management. There were layoffs going on while I was there.
Pros
Nice corporate building with a gym.
Cons
Job security
great place to work
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJOctober 16, 2018
I have been a consultant here for 18 months. I really enjoy my job and environment. The management staff that I work for are great at coaching and are technically astute. Their competencies reduce the amount of stress on the job...
Good experience
IT Desktop Support Field Tech - Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTSeptember 21, 2018
I liked my manager. He made it a good place to work. I was an IT Field Tech and I liked going to the different offices. It helped keep my morale up.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
work
Not worth it
RFG (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJSeptember 14, 2018
The culture is horrible and management is out of touch. HR does not care for employees, so bringing concerns to their attention is a waste of time.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Favoritism, retaliation, micromanaging, low pay, hostile
Dominant player in “old” industry.
Vice President Operational Excellence (Former Employee) –  Concord, CAAugust 31, 2018
New leadership bringing fresh ideas to stimulate growth. Company is on a good path; needs to continue making tough decisions on talent. A bit to New Jersey centric.
Amazing Potential but Management Lack Management Skills
Contract Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJJuly 31, 2018
Majority of team are disgruntled and overly negative. Management claim they want to hire qualified individuals but then treat them like small children. There's high employee turn-over because of this hostile work environment created by Managers/Directors that would rather gossip about staff than act professionally and respond to staff feedback. Training program is non-existent and seems disorganized. Processes are in place and technology is available but are under-utilized causing major inefficiencies. Managers are used to an archaic method and are resistant to change. Processes should be properly explained to all team members and there should be uniformity. But there isn't. There are constant policy changes that aren't explained to staff, which makes training new staff problematic.
Pros
Beautiful campus, opportunities to network, nice facilities.
Cons
Management needs training on how to be managers and respect staff.
Not a top tier company but decent
None (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJJuly 14, 2018
HR is beholden to Executives so if you do experience harassment do not engage HR. I witnessed a couple of situations a Vice President "hitting" on subordinates, creating a "no win" situation for the employee. On one occasion the alleged victim was terminated. It is a decent company but will require political maneuvering with older white men to advance within the profession. A great place to learn about the industry and the franchise model. It needs a culture change but ethics are stressed from the top down.
Pros
Learning the business
Cons
Needs a culture change
Company is cheap and doesn’t care about its lower level employees.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 24, 2018
The company expects more and more from its employees but gives less and less. Raises are horrible and and have been for years often not even covering the rise in cost of your health benefits. When decisions are made that will upset the employees, those decisions are not communicated to the employees and when questions are asked, management ignores them because they feel we are not worth an explanation.

We are expected to take on more and more work with little to no compensation or even appreciation, it is expected if you want to keep your job or get a raise. There is never any money in the budget for conferences or seminars for lower level employees but managers go to conferences and seminars several times a year.

I enjoy my job and the work I do but feel unappreciated and employees morale is so bad that it is immediately recognized by anyone who visits.
Pros
Conveniently located.
Cons
Cheap, Cheap, Cheap
it was good
Integrated Auditor (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 17, 2018
good team good work and open door policy. Allows you to speak your mind. if you have big 4 experience, this is perfect place to go to as they do not like training anyone they expect people to just hit the curb running.
Poor Corporate culture
Senior UNIX and SAN Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COMay 9, 2018
Realogy provides little to no benefit of continued education if outside the corporate headquarters. Constant threat of layoffs and an expectation to work long days.
It a job if you want it
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJMay 9, 2018
It was temporary job for me. People was nice helpful except for one of manager. Relaxed, no one standing over your shoulders. Lots of emails for vendors and brokers it was tax seasons. Repetitive data entry. Hour lunch, leave early on Friday, take a break whenever you want.
Pros
Relaxed Atmosphere
Cons
Repetitive
I worked in Realogy inside ACS a zerox company, not directly under Realgy
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTMay 9, 2018
Very flexible with family, great employees all over the world to help. Work from home experience. Vacation, PTO and sick leave earned every pay period. since I wasn't directly under Realogy the pay raises were not very often.
Pros
Flexible with family
Cons
not enough money
Wire Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 26, 2018
typical day at Realogy wire Dept. wires came in and we audited them, the processed and then approved. what I learned is that 21 people can and do work well as a team when we all have the same goal.
A company with known code of ethics.
Senior Manager Real Estate Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 18, 2018
Working at Realogy was a new earning experience for me in real estate. I enjoyed the comradery and exposure to many new nuances of the industry. The town hall meetings were a corroborative means of sharing communications throughout the company. I did not find my duties as challenging and expressive as I would have liked. I felt my duties were micromanaged and I would encourage change in that area, at least in the department I worked in.
Pros
Learned a new industry
Cons
Micromanaging
Good starter job; not for the experienced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, NJApril 13, 2018
"Leadership" is not qualified but promoted for cheerleading upper management. Very little room for advancement; culture is very much a sorority. Focus is not on delivering exceptional work or being innovative although both are heralded as though they exist. Realogy purchases an annual "Ethical Company" designation...and that's where it ends.
Pros
Some flex time, nice building, usual benefits
Cons
Unqualified "Leadership", little room for growth, lack of focus on delivering exception work product

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Realogy. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight