RealTruck
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

RealTruck Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
Was a great place to work for in the beginning.Was working remotely from home in the beginning of the pandemic but the CEO thought we weren't to be trusted working at home tho our revenue was the best it's ever been.We are at risk everyday, they do not send stick people home.. Desks are NOT 6 feet APART!
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
More work..same pay!
Not much room for moving up and it’s a very busy atmosphere. The supervisors are spread thin but the environment is great. Most employees are friends and always willing to help each other.
Pros
Full time and benefits
Cons
Not room for growth
One of the places you can deal with large scale data. They have a massive advertising budget so you're able to gain experience in areas other professionals can't due to company size/budget size.

Scott the CEO sold the business, so it's under completely different management from when I started.
I loved my job and coworkers they train and motivate everyone individually. They make everyone feel like they matter and are great with positively uplifting their employees.
I really enjoyed working for Real Truck. They had many incentives and had a special team that would bring joy to the different locations weather food or an event. Now even though those were nice and the tokens were nice, when I was hired I was told at 90 days I would be reviewed for a pay increase by $1 after proving my skill. After being transferred to three specialty departments (which was also company standard for pay increase) the increase was never applied. Upon bringing this to the attention of management a specified day and amount were agreed upon. That agreement was never met and excuses were made. I resigned after that.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Company constantly pushes commission pay out from the second week of every month to the third week or the last week of the month. They do this with only an email the day before pay is to be deposited. That is just one of the many issues with this company.
They are incredibly understaffed. During the busy season it is normal to see 20 agents on the phones while there are constantly 20 calls waiting to be answered. Customer service only has around 30 employees and now they are seeing 100 calls on hold while they try to put a forest fire of customer service tickets out.

The company will not give out raises anymore than 3 to 4% of your pay which just means they keep up with inflation and that is about it.

Benefits just got cut. Used to get 80 hours to start the year. Now you only get 40 and have to accumulate the other 40 throughout the year. Health insurance also went up and deductibles went up as well this year.

They give out bonuses/gift cards for selling certain things or hitting a certain amount except that those gift cards do not work. Won quite a few cards during black Friday and half of them did not even work.

This place is fine if you are going to school and plan on running very far away from retail. If you plan on making this a career you should make sure your life insurance will pay out in case of suicide because that is eventually what you will do to yourself working here. FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO WORK!
Do not work for them finds every reason to fire you and will not work with you if your in and accident is un sympathetic and management is a joke they talk however they want and dont care about feelings
Great place to work except manahgement uses favoritism to select advancing employees
I loved the culture and working there until they sold to a large corporation then the workplace environment changed and I no longer enjoyed the job.
The culture that RealTruck once had was once the best in the industry. However, since being sold and run under a corporation, the atmosphere has become toxic. I have never been made to feel so unappreciated and worthless by an employer in my life. Constantly increasing your workload and expectations, but refuse to increase your pay for the work that you do.
Hard to like working for a company that underpays their current employees when the new hires get paid $2-$3 an hour more than current employees.

Making internal employees fee undervalued.

With the recent manager turnovers, there might be hope in the future.

I would recommend someone to come work here now, because they are getting better taken care of than current employees.

Overall disappointing in how this company treats their current employees.
Official response from RealTruck
August 26, 2019
Thanks for the feedback. We have a team in place that takes all of the feedback we receive from current and former employees under consideration so that we can find ways to continuously improve as an employer of choice.
Everyone working there is there to help you. Management every week will look over sales, some of your phone calls and try to analyze how to assist in any way. Vendors will come in and train on new products. Knowledge is key for a ob at Realtruck, I promise you will love this job.
bad company to work for, their only concern is the profit not the employee or customers. The only concern is to answer as many calls as you can, not take care of existing customers.
This ia a fast-paced, multitasking,and fun job. Hardest part is adapting to the many changes. Overall a good place to work. The most enjoyable part of this job is learning about new products.
Pros
Training.
Cons
Many changes
An HR team that is nothing better than a high school clique that never grew up. More drama than a soap opera. No real management. Just people who made it into the clique and got promoted due to the blatant favoritism that runs rampant throughout the company. When you have an HR team that gossips with the employees, drinks with them, sleeps with management, etc...What can you actually expect from that company.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management and executives
The only reason I left this amazing company was the lack of career advancement. They were also bought out by a much larger holding company. I knew that the work culture would see a major shift, so I started looking for outside opportunities.
From my first day with RealTruck it felt like coming home! RealTruck is a growth oriented company that values promoting talent from within whenever possible and puts a large effort toward providing a workplace that people want to come to.

The company is committed to being on the leading edge of e-commerce technology and continuous improvement. Ongoing product training is a regular thing for sales and service associates and tuition reimbursement offerings for degree programs that can help elevate your career and contribution towards the company's success.

Employee care teams set up frequent team/location/group activities that include trivia, potlucks and cook-offs, charity walks as well as family fun days to encourage rapport among the staff at all levels.

#WhyWouldYouWantToWorkAnywhereElse
Pros
Workplace culture, cutting edge technology, opportunity to advance, great benefits, competitive salaries
As with any job, you get out of it what you put in to it. I came into RT with previous call center experience but I wanted more. RT has had some changes and growing pains since becoming a corporate business but again you get out of it what you put in to it. I love my job here and plan to stay as long as they will have me. No job is perfect every day but my job is perfect for me. I have stability,benefits, 401K and time off with my family. I am looking forward to utilizing the tuition reimbursement program this year and progressing in the company.
Pros
Benefits, team environment, competitive pay for this area
Once corporate took over, they treat you like nothing more than a number. There is no support here or help with issues. HR will not be there for you unless you are in their inner circle or you're upper management. Training is a joke. Harassment, gossip, favoritism and bias are the norm here. The only positive is the occasional free lunches.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
Poor management, lack of real leadership, biased treatment
Upper management and HR need to re-evaluate how they are running this company. Large turnover rate. Poor salary and benefits. Potential for growth is slim. Employees are treated poorly and upper management loves to point fingers. This company has taken a turn for the worse. Quality employees are leaving and its impacting the company.
Cons
Upper management
When I started at this company I thought it was a good place. Then like anything else you can only fake it before true colors start to show through. Management has no clue what they are doing and that is due in part to being micro managed by the corporate office. HR is a joke. They brought in new people and paid them more money to start than the people who had been there for years. They hire a lot of friends and relatives. Not a lot of diversity (regarding race) unless you work in the call center at entry level position.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Benefits are expensive. Management is not trust worthy.
Avoid this company. This is a terrible place to work, all management wants is more sales for the bottom line with no consideration for the people who have to put in the time to make the sales. Let me give you an example when the hurricane hit our offices in the Ocala area everything was closed for a week. The hourly employees could not get into work. Even if they could get to work power was out. Company ownership decided that they didn't work so they didn't get paid. Thats the kind of heartless people you would be working for.
Pros
Cons
Long working hours, ridiculous objectives, poor pay