Recology Employee Reviews

Over worked.Under paid.
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 22, 2018
I dreaded having to go to work,if you keep your lead and manager happy they might let you go home after your complete your route.If you like 14 hours day,them this is the place for you.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crescent City, CASeptember 10, 2018
I loved my job at Recology. I liked the work, the people I worked with and the area that I was working in. I did not like the corporate guy that made the decision to have me laid off.
recology
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAAugust 24, 2018
very low pay and no appriciation for the work that you do. upper management expects something for nothing as far as wages and duties. more and more duties piled on everyday
Pros
1 day off
Cons
working in mud ankle deep
Great company
Weigh Master (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 14, 2018
I don't intend on leaving Recology, I have hurt my back and with the reduced hours that may occur I was hoping to supplement the income with some part time remote work. I love working for Recology and wish there were a remote position I could do.
Pros
Great group of supervisors and employees to work with.
Cons
There are no real cons.
recology inventory specialist
Inventory specialist (Former Employee) –  Lamont, CAJuly 29, 2018
one of the worst places ive ever worked at. not willing to give any raises . work load just kept getting higher and higher, no appriciation at all!! all in all sorry i ever went to work for this company.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
good place to work at
Desktop Support Specialist (Contract) (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2018
Working environment is nice and employees are friendly. The only problem is the smell. I was paid hourly but the rate is reasonable. I would like to work there again.
stress
Driver/Casual Driver (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJuly 9, 2018
to much work not enough time to spend with family , long commute and the trucks will break down so easy they need new trucks very hard to work with . good medical
Pros
insurance
Cons
no family time
easy
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edison, CAJuly 2, 2018
it was layed back easy learned how the process worked at at a landfield management was great easy to get along with just do your job hardest part of the job was covering the trash with tarps at the end of the day enjoyable part of day for me was spotting and directing traffic
Great Company
Recruiter- Contract (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 30, 2018
Recology is a great company to work for. I was pleasantly surprised of the environmental waste business. Recology showed me how its big business and is employee owned which is rare in corp. America.
Freedom but intense
Garbage Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 30, 2018
Overall a great company to work for. Dealing with bad drivers and irate customers are the only problem with the job. The constantly awareness for hazards in the environment could be quite stressful.
Pros
As long as you finish your route you can go home. Doesn’t matter if you finish in 1 hour or 8 hours.
Cons
Dealing with bad drivers
Not very productive
Sorter (Former Employee) –  Petaluma, CAJune 5, 2018
At the location I was at, there weren't much to do. It was slow most of the time.It took awhile for them to turn the machine on for the conveyer belt that sorts out the garbage so we were picking things out individually on the ground. Felt discriminated while working there and supervisor didn't seem to care about my well being as an employee when problems or difficult situations arise.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
poor management depending on location
Not the worst job...
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  McMinnville, ORMay 23, 2018
Extremely stressful. Strong favoritism from management so advancement can be difficult. Very hard to access resources when information or support is needed, management generally leaves by 3 daily. Pay is fair enough, benefits are good. Some fantastic coworkers. Little to no flexibility in scheduling.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful work enviroment
Very productive
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Marysville, CAMay 20, 2018
Overall it was a good experience joining the recology crew and learning new skills have really help me come further in my work experience. I would recommend anyone to this career.
Great Company - Growing - Mission Driven
Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 15, 2018
Recology is a great company committed to zero waste and showing communities how they can improve the environment through sorting discards properly. They are committed to giving back to every community in which they do business by integrating themselves through the community whether it's festivals, key organizations that support the environment, schools or non-profits. As en employee owned company its very inspirational environment in which employees work side by side with the CEO and others in executive leadership to do community volunteer work. Truly it's a company in which the leadership team embraces leadership by example.
Pros
Waste reduction and environmental improvement is possible if municipalities partner with Recology
Cons
Work-life balance can be challenging when the company is growing very quickly
Great!
Human Resources Manager - Oregon Companies (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 2, 2018
Great place to work! Great employees and managers. Everyone cares about each other. Lots of potential to learn and grow within the company. Recommend!
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAMarch 21, 2018
Working at the recyclable company on your very first week may take some time to get used to due to the fact of the smell. We keep the area very organized & neat as well. Also we make sure that the items are placed to their correct bens once pulled off of the conveyor belt.
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Great place to work.. Very consistent about staff being on time. Employee owned which is great. Great benefits. Cool place to work and management was great.
Pros
Benefits are great
Cons
Micro managed
The people that really worked were great
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Senior management was flat out horrible and they are the ones that usually end up killing companies not the workers. management fully leaned on leads and supervisors as they were completely clueless. unapproachable management.
Pros
great overall compensation
Cons
absolutely ignorant management
Excellent benefits but not many possibilities to move in your career
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 4, 2018
Career development is offer to some employees not every body. Opportunities are presented according to how much influence your manager may have not base on your skills.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
minimum career development.
recology
Fork lift / picker (Former Employee) –  San Carlos, CAJanuary 18, 2018
recology was great job work there for three years it was on of my first jobs it was a union job every good benifits working for them if i had the opppertity i would work there again

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recology. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.8InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight