Recover Health Services Inc Employee Reviews

Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 31, 2018
Just recent started working here, so far it has been great. Everyone has been such a great support. It’s an extremely wonderful team to work with. Pay is good, and hours are phenomenal.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Newer Company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 17, 2018
At the time of my employment the company was going through a relocation. It was a very small business. A company audit took place within 3 months of my employment. Following the audit, staff were let go, including myself and 2 others out of an office of approx. 10 people. A reason was never given.
Pros
It was believed the company meant well
Cons
Very unorganized company/organization.
Great for students
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2018
You can choose your hours for the most part and the clients.
The other staff there is super friendly.
Not stressful and most of the work is pretty easy.
You do not interact with management much.
The hardest part is growing attached to clients.
The most enjoyable part is also the clients.
overworked under paid
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52401July 8, 2018
I enjoyed the patients that I worked with and the nursing staff. Management was always expecting you to put in 12-14 hr days and only get paid for 8. You were expected to take on heavy case loads as a manager and still work hourly cases that could be 2 hours away from your home.
Pros
educating nursing staff, somewhat flexible scheduling
Cons
poor pay for management, long hours
Overall a good Company
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJune 5, 2018
There is no typical day at Recover, there are multiple tasks with deadlines to meet and constant interruptions.
Upper management is not involved in the day to day office procedures and has unrealistic exceptions of all staff from office to clinicians
Pros
Team Enviroment
Cons
Poor Management
Great changes, great company to work for
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNMay 16, 2018
The culture in the office has tremendously changed for the good. A year ago it was terrible!!! Poor communication from the office, lack of training, and Management was rude. The office has made changes since then and everyone is so helpful and kind. Everyone smiles and laughs, greets you kindly as walk in, and cares about you as a person. Both managers are the best ones yet. The office is organized and everyone is happy and willing to help. I love working there now. All the nurses are great to work with and we have great clients. Wage could be better, but I love what I do.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Wage
the most enjoyable part of the job
Pediatric Field RN (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNMay 2, 2018
Definitely caring for the clients. That is why we went into nursing, to provide respect and care to assist the person's overall well-being. Bonding with the client/family very rewarding.
Not enough communication
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 23, 2018
Communication was poor between managers and nurses. Staff has compassion toward all their clients. They go above and beyond in their cares. They continue education which is a positive within the company.
Pros
caring staff
Cons
bad communication
awesome job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 9, 2018
7 hours a day in home health care with a peds client, Amazing opportunity. They work with the hours you have to offer. Relaxing atmostphere, Highly recomend this job
Pros
work with you
Cons
don't always have enough hours
Room for improvement
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 8, 2018
Company pays their nursing staff per visit, not hourly which after factoring all the time at home working on paperwork or taking calls in between visits, pay ends up being a little more than minimum wage. Upper management hasn't been open to changing the nursing pay to hourly to help improve retention. Poor retention, which has lead to poor morale due to continual increased stress from increased work amongst nursing staff. Electronic medical record is lacking many things that would increase efficiency and productivity. I wish I could have stayed as I loved working with patients in their homes but was unable to afford to stay. I didn't feel like I ever had time away from work even during outside hours.
Pros
Working with patients in their home is rewarding
Cons
Pay and retention
Poor Branch
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNApril 3, 2018
Lack of training on computer systems, lack of general training. Lies about benefits for families being cost effective. Low support for all staff. Low retention rates. Not enough homemakers, home health aides. Lack of work for nursing unless you want to pay 2-300 monthly out of pocket to drive. Poor moral . Nursing is not valued. You have to set up own benefits if your willing to pay . Management doesn’t follow through on promises. Lack of work for nursing in Iron Range unless you do the traveling. Clients express dissatisfaction because of low retention rates and no aides available.
Pros
Cons
See note.
Home care
Home Health Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 30, 2018
I would advise others not to apply for a position with this company as a nurse. You literally sit all day/night with the one client and it is more like NA work than RN work. You will loose your skill set and the pay is below average!
Recover Health
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Waupaca, WIMarch 4, 2018
Recover Health is working on growing in this area. They don't have enough clients at this point to keep all the nurses they have busy. I live in the northern part of their area and there just aren't enough clients.
Fun job to meet people in their homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIFebruary 21, 2018
-Assisting residents in their homes
-Running errands for residents
-Bad things about the job were that there wasn't much pay for the traveling and pay was lower than other jobs I'd had
Great Hourly Nursing Job in Pediatrics
RN (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 13, 2018
I received great training in the office and then in the homes. The Clinical Manager has been available for questions and support. I am excited for the days I get to go to school with my client. It is a very rewarding job to be able to work with these children and see them play with their siblings and so happy. I feel I am really making a difference. My families are so thankful even on the stressful days.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Wish more people knew how great of a job this is
Advocacy and collaboration can help clients stay in their homes
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 7, 2018
I love working with caring individuals that share the same goals in serving Home Care patients. This may not be the job for everyone but is a purposeful job that brings amazing like minded people together to make a meaningful difference. Hard work and a big hearts bring the "Care" into Home Care.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Finding amazing nurses to care for our kiddos and adults
Very good team
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 24, 2018
I love working at Recover Health we all work has a team and we learn together.
I love working with people that work together to get things right.
We have questions the boss gets to them in a time manner
Not sure..... don't think I really like it!
ILS Worker (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 24, 2018
Haven't worked for long here but from the little time, there is so much travelling which contributes to wear and tear of your vehicle. Even though mileage is paid, this is nothing compared to the miles you put on your car. The management is also shrewd on hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, PTO hours are poor.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Love working, here been great working in homes with clients, can focus on one client at a time. ,.....................................................
Pros
Working in homes
Cons
Recovery and resuming daily life are the basis of this company.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of 10 hrs.per day,working 30-40 hrs per week and over time if needed. I have had experience and training in caring for vent pts.,both adult and infant, trach. care. To adapt to special circumstances,cultures and family situations. The management team I am now employed by is superb, teaching and assisting with any means needed by patient as well as employee.The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to cover and assist with client and family needs.
Pros
The employees and the culture and practices of the company.
Cons
As in all of nursing there is very little down time but that also can be a positive factor.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recover Health Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight