Recover Health Services Inc Employee Reviews

Current Employee
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Baraboo, WIJanuary 11, 2019
I really like the family like atmosphere at Recover Health in Baraboo.
Everyone works well together and helps everyone out when able.
Ideas and suggestions are welcome. With the owners working in the company its a simple phone call to get ideas shared.

Company has been working really hard in the last 6 months on setting up a better training program for all new hires.
Pros
People, helping people stay in homes, management
Cons
Health insurance
Great place to work!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNDecember 26, 2018
Very welcoming environment. Everyone works together to help clients within the community. Truly a mission-driven organization! The clients definitely come first with this organization.
Pros
Great team work and work environment. Mission-driven organization.
Terrible workplace
Former employee (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 19, 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work here. People I worked with on a daily basis were great but management from corporate office needs a makeover. They are very pushy and rude. They say they encourage people to work for better opportunities within the company but are not willing to let people learn or when they do you get in trouble because your not supposed to know that. They are so secretive and let people backstab each other. They have so many calls and expect you to be on everyone of them otherwise you will miss something and then it’s your fault even though you were doing something else that was part of your job. They expect you to do the work of 10 people in one day and set unrealistic goals. Throughout the whole company there is so much turnover and corporate should re-evaluate themselves or they are going to continue to fail.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Too much work for one person, rude environment
Good company
Home Health Aide (HHA) (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MNNovember 26, 2018
One of them jobs that's flexible when it comes to having kids but unpredictable on hours due to the nature of the business, great people to work for up in Grand Rapids
Don't torture yourself by working here!
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  WisconsinNovember 7, 2018
I thought I'd give this place a try even after reading the many warnings about staying away from Recover Care. I like to think the best about people. Unfortunately the many warnings were true in this case. I got barely any training (2 days before I was thrown out to do an admission alone!!) and then was getting an admission daily and even 2 a day! They seemed irritated upon seeing I had charted things in wrong places even though I got close to no training. I suddenly found myself working at home in the evenings UNPAID, yes, you read correctly, unpaid for all the work because they only pay you per visit and not hourly. So after factoring in all the hours I was making less than $10/hr as a RN. It's true what people are saying-poor management, almost no training and overloaded with work. The other nurses aren't willing to help either because they're trying just to survive also. Bad bad place to work.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Poor pay, poor training, poor management
Very busy office
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 7, 2018
compassion at a deep level
800 operator
typing mail
Typical day was fast paced
meeting new patients
learned a new way of filing patient information
Pros
close to home
Cons
weather
All about the Money
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNOctober 30, 2018
I would never recommend someone to work for them or refer future patients. Never have staff and treat the employees they do have like they are a dime a dozen. Never appreciated for your hard work. Take more than they give.
Pros
Patients
Cons
Do not appreciate employee's
Management is disrespectful to clients and some employees
former employee (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIOctober 12, 2018
Absolutely NO training! Management talked about their own employees in a bad way. No appreciation at all toward employees that are out assisting clients no credit given! Only to certain employees! violation of Hippa many times! Never seemed to please them always finding fault in others. $$$$ hungry no care for employees or clients
Pros
great clients
Cons
poooor management $$$ is their goal
Exhausting and neverending paperwork
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 6, 2018
Poor training, no building blocks to secure job. Poorly managed. Reports are not followed up by management team. Patients suffer from poor communication and overworked staff nurses
Cleint and parents are great. Office staff easy to reach and ready to help
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 25, 2018
Great staff and great place to work. Willing to work with your schedule. Case manager always willing to help and is available all the time. Parents appreciate everything you do to help thier kids!
meetings
Home Health Aide, homemaker,pca (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNSeptember 24, 2018
nice to have monthly staff meetings since no one sees eachother on the field. feels like home when you walk into the office everyone is so nice and welcoming.
Cons
low pay
Poor Management
General (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaSeptember 12, 2018
Although this seemed like a good place to work, the management was terrible. There were Multiple days that I went home crying because of the way I was treated. I was trained by multiple different people who said to do things differently which led to even more stress. If something is working out perfect, management comes in and changes it. I would definitely suggest to stay as far away as possible. They also played favorites a lot which led to people quitting. High turnover rate.
Benefits
Cons
Management, time off, drama, favoritism
Profit oriented company
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 10, 2018
While I was employed at Recover Health, I gained valuable experience.
The number one priority in my opinion was the almighty dollar.
Patients and employees were valued and respected very little.
Pros
the pay
Cons
everything else
Flexibility was Key here
Skilled Nurse visits (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNSeptember 5, 2018
I loved the flexibility the company offered, the management teams were excellent, and the people I worked with directly everyday were amazing. Management was always there to help when you needed it.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Little on the job training
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIAugust 22, 2018
A great place to work if they had training in place and the correct payment going out to employees. Was not able to get the complete training I needed to complete my position at RH.
Pros
Cons
terrible pay for the work and time put in.
Client Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 31, 2018
Just recent started working here, so far it has been great. Everyone has been such a great support. It’s an extremely wonderful team to work with. Pay is good, and hours are phenomenal.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Drama filled and two faced coworkers/managers
Worker (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 17, 2018
Recover health has an amazing mission but they really wont back it. They pay very poor, seem to only care about making money. If only the management was better and seemed to actually back what they say
Newer Company
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 17, 2018
At the time of my employment the company was going through a relocation. It was a very small business. A company audit took place within 3 months of my employment. Following the audit, staff were let go, including myself and 2 others out of an office of approx. 10 people. A reason was never given.
Pros
It was believed the company meant well
Cons
Very unorganized company/organization.
Great for students
Homemaker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 17, 2018
You can choose your hours for the most part and the clients.
The other staff there is super friendly.
Not stressful and most of the work is pretty easy.
You do not interact with management much.
The hardest part is growing attached to clients.
The most enjoyable part is also the clients.
overworked under paid
Registered Nurse/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52401July 8, 2018
I enjoyed the patients that I worked with and the nursing staff. Management was always expecting you to put in 12-14 hr days and only get paid for 8. You were expected to take on heavy case loads as a manager and still work hourly cases that could be 2 hours away from your home.
Pros
educating nursing staff, somewhat flexible scheduling
Cons
poor pay for management, long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recover Health Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight