Recover Health Services Inc Employee Reviews

awesome job
LPN (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 9, 2018
7 hours a day in home health care with a peds client, Amazing opportunity. They work with the hours you have to offer. Relaxing atmostphere, Highly recomend this job
Pros
work with you
Cons
don't always have enough hours
Room for improvement
RN Case Manager Home Health (Former Employee) –  Baraboo, WIApril 8, 2018
Company pays their nursing staff per visit, not hourly which after factoring all the time at home working on paperwork or taking calls in between visits, pay ends up being a little more than minimum wage. Upper management hasn't been open to changing the nursing pay to hourly to help improve retention. Poor retention, which has lead to poor morale due to continual increased stress from increased work amongst nursing staff. Electronic medical record is lacking many things that would increase efficiency and productivity. I wish I could have stayed as I loved working with patients in their homes but was unable to afford to stay. I didn't feel like I ever had time away from work even during outside hours.
Pros
Working with patients in their home is rewarding
Cons
Pay and retention
Poor Branch
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNApril 3, 2018
Lack of training on computer systems, lack of general training. Lies about benefits for families being cost effective. Low support for all staff. Low retention rates. Not enough homemakers, home health aides. Lack of work for nursing unless you want to pay 2-300 monthly out of pocket to drive. Poor moral . Nursing is not valued. You have to set up own benefits if your willing to pay . Management doesn’t follow through on promises. Lack of work for nursing in Iron Range unless you do the traveling. Clients express dissatisfaction because of low retention rates and no aides available.
Pros
Cons
See note.
Home care
Home Health Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 30, 2018
I would advise others not to apply for a position with this company as a nurse. You literally sit all day/night with the one client and it is more like NA work than RN work. You will loose your skill set and the pay is below average!
Fun job to meet people in their homes
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WIFebruary 21, 2018
-Assisting residents in their homes
-Running errands for residents
-Bad things about the job were that there wasn't much pay for the traveling and pay was lower than other jobs I'd had
Great Hourly Nursing Job in Pediatrics
RN (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 13, 2018
I received great training in the office and then in the homes. The Clinical Manager has been available for questions and support. I am excited for the days I get to go to school with my client. It is a very rewarding job to be able to work with these children and see them play with their siblings and so happy. I feel I am really making a difference. My families are so thankful even on the stressful days.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Wish more people knew how great of a job this is
Advocacy and collaboration can help clients stay in their homes
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 7, 2018
I love working with caring individuals that share the same goals in serving Home Care patients. This may not be the job for everyone but is a purposeful job that brings amazing like minded people together to make a meaningful difference. Hard work and a big hearts bring the "Care" into Home Care.
Pros
Meeting great people
Cons
Finding amazing nurses to care for our kiddos and adults
Very good team
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNJanuary 24, 2018
I love working at Recover Health we all work has a team and we learn together.
I love working with people that work together to get things right.
We have questions the boss gets to them in a time manner
Not sure..... don't think I really like it!
ILS Worker (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 24, 2018
Haven't worked for long here but from the little time, there is so much travelling which contributes to wear and tear of your vehicle. Even though mileage is paid, this is nothing compared to the miles you put on your car. The management is also shrewd on hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, PTO hours are poor.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJanuary 22, 2018
Love working, here been great working in homes with clients, can focus on one client at a time. ,.....................................................
Pros
Working in homes
Cons
Recovery and resuming daily life are the basis of this company.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IANovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work consists of 10 hrs.per day,working 30-40 hrs per week and over time if needed. I have had experience and training in caring for vent pts.,both adult and infant, trach. care. To adapt to special circumstances,cultures and family situations. The management team I am now employed by is superb, teaching and assisting with any means needed by patient as well as employee.The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to cover and assist with client and family needs.
Pros
The employees and the culture and practices of the company.
Cons
As in all of nursing there is very little down time but that also can be a positive factor.
Slow and questionable
ILS worker (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNNovember 27, 2017
When i applied i was told i would be getting 40 hours a week i have now been there for five months and have yet to work 30-35 hours. Some weeks i barley make 25. The team i works with was friendly and knowledgeable when there wee questions
Under par
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hibbing, MNNovember 19, 2017
Local management plays favorites and is very labile. Poor decision making is leading to negative patient outcomes. With 10+ years in this field this is by far the worst outfit yet! There's a very high turnover leaving many feelings of insecurity.
Pros
Schedule flexibility, Patients and families are lovely! The nurses are very helpful
Cons
Management, tension, no garunteed hours
It's a good start out
Cash applicant / eligibility checks (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNNovember 10, 2017
You go to work and get your job done and mind your own business then you are fine. People there are very nice but every business has it's own down fall. I enjoy working here but it's way to far of a drive for me.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waupaca, WINovember 8, 2017
Wonerful place to work .. Great people .. Friendly atmosphere and flexibility. Generally work was available and you were able to fill your schedule. The adversity was wonderful.
Pros
Flexible / able to create your own schedule
Cons
Lots of Driving
Great Company
ec (Current Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 26, 2017
I enjoy working for Recover Health. I consider everyone that I work with family. We all look out for each other. Everyone that is with Recover Health put the clients first. And really cares about getting the clients the best service they can get. Great Company to work for.
Horrible horrible
Staff (Former Employee) –  Hibbing, MNOctober 13, 2017
Management is a joke! Turnover is outrageously high! They have a habit of terminating employees rather than investigating whatever the problem may be. Upper management hire a manager (more than once, awful ones at that) and offer no support to the branch. Management doesn't listen to staff concerns- they say they listen but bring out no change or terminate the employee for voicing their concerns. Company has a great mission statement however it's only words. There's a lot of patients that are affected by how this company treats the employees but they don't seem to care. Do yourself a favor, find a different company that actually cares about the staff and clients.
Pros
Caregivers, nurses and patients
Cons
Too many to list
Good at what I do and have been trained to provivde services even to client with specialized needs.
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 25, 2017
Excellent with clients from adults to Seniors. Good at listening to determine theirs concerns. Like to socialize with clients or interact with them. Good at providing needed services to clients
Pros
Always on time for jobs/clients
Cons
income of jobs
Not a great place to work
Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 21, 2017
People don't communicate and seem very unhappy and over stressed. Management talks badly about staff to other staff. It's very hard to feel secure in your position. Poor training of new employees, bad management and lack of appreciation gives this place a very high turnover. I have seen many people that are hard-working, capable as well as compassionate about their jobs leave. 20+ office employees have quit due to the chaos in the office. They attempt to push the mission statement but management does not adhere to it.
Owners and upper management continue to claim they will change things but sit by and watch it continue to fall apart rather than do what is needed. Patients come last. It's about the money. No more no less.
Positive place to work
Team Coordinator/ Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 20, 2017
There is much to learn and everyone is a team here. There is much room for growth as you learn what many roles are within the office. The training crew is fairly patient and knowleable
Pros
office enviroment positive
Cons
lower wage/ minimal health insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recover Health Services Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight