Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

I was there as a temp
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 3, 2018
It was a good place to work at and I learned a lot. After being there for 4 months they started looking for a permanent person to work there. I was told I would be considered but I don't think they wanted to pay as much as they were paying me.
Pros
fun place to work
Cons
it seemed a little disorganized while I was there
Abusive Work Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MANovember 16, 2018
This is an organization whose culture is marked by hostile, narcissistic, toxic, abusive, insecure, arrogant, dishonest leadership. STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY
Pros
patients
Cons
everything
Easy 40+ paid hours of training but may never get called to work after training is completed.
Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MANovember 8, 2018
Hired as a per diem Recovery Support Specialist but was never called for a shift. They will send you thru their paid training regimen using their computers on-site completing upwards of 30 training modules (classes). Take your time with the training. There is no rush using the computers, they will pay 40+ hours of in-house easy computer training. After training is completed you may get a couple of shifts training on the floor. BUT then as a per diem you may never get a call back to work. They use a "Shifthound" program that always shows open shifts too. I was hired in a group of per diems and every week or so the process is repeated. So most likely this is a company that has to use available funds or lose them. They most likely use excess funding to train per diem employees but may not actually need them. Use them for the easy training pay but do not expect much more.
Pros
Paid Training 40+ hours. Easy training to make a quick buck.
Cons
Per Diem employee may never get called to work after training is completed.
November 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Terrible environment, dishonest management, backstabbing staff
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers,maNovember 4, 2018
This is hands down the most awful place I have ever worked. The facility is so short staffed they cut corners and provided less than decent care. Clients are encouraged to stay under any conditions because they want to bill insurance an get stats up. Clients are kept in a unit they are not supposed to be on any promised things they cannot have. The medical team has no communication with the clinical staff. Management is so consumed with putting out fires to keep clients happy they are non existent and unavailable for staff. You’d think after being shut down they’d push harder to do better, but they just push harder to cover the dirty shenanigans within the facility
Pros
Nice building, high paying
Cons
Poor management, poor training, lack of communication, management doesn’t care about anything except money and beds being full
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Extremely mismanaged and unprofessional work enviornment
Patient care (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 3, 2018
Too bad this place is so disorganized and mis managed. Too much time concentrating on stupidity when should be focused on patient care. We need places for people to get help but unfortunately, it’s all about the look of RCA. It’s not reality for an addict. Way understaffed and good workers get burned out. That’s why there is so much turnover. Get your act together RCA. They had been shut for 9 months opened back up and the same things were happening. Unfortunately, I left when I realized things were not gonna change. It’s too bad.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Underpaid, poor management, no growth
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback like this very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

The most clicky, unethical company, should be shut down
RSS (Former Employee) –  Earleville, MDNovember 1, 2018
From the day I started here, having no work background in the field, I felt grateful and ready to fulfill the mission of saving a million lives. The orientation and training I took part in was kind of a joke. The trainer was hostile as well as most of what we learned didn't even pertain to the position I was hired for. The first scheduled day I arrived at work, it was obvious this place was a disorganized joke.A coworker threw the rounds at me and I was on my own. And that was pretty much how it went for most shifts. Everyone you worked with was constantly miserable, I now know it was being over worked. This place has almost no training, people running "supposed therapist" seminars when they do not have proper education. Pretty sad when you think of the amount of money they charge for people to stay there. Most of the clients are entitled and treat the staff like terribly. I was scared for my safety some times. The CEO hires all her friends and they basically run back to her every chance they get and make things up about employees who aren't in their click. On top of that, management has zero training and they don't stay when the place is clearly under staffed. From what I saw this place is just about money. The transportation for the clients is basically just a prelude to the illusion this place gives of being reputable. But this place is in it just for the money and fame. Its sad but I think they're just profiting off this terrible addiction epidemic. I really hope they get shut down or at the least the main founder comes I and hires a whole new staff starting with the  more... CEO. I don't know how most people that work there sleep every night.  less
Pros
Some of the clients, the 12 step way of recovery, the beautiful view
Cons
Ceo, constant understaffed, clicky employees getting promotions they are not qualified for, constant inconsistency and chaotic environment

run like the wind
RSS (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 24, 2018
a typical day at work was reading a barrage of emails contradicting the emails you got the day before about constant policy changes. they would have you sign that you read and understood policies then change them to the point where nobody bothers to read them anymore because they change constantly.

culture is so-so. lots of good people but most of the good ones have left. management is detached, punitive and deceptive.

one time they had a meeting announcing that a manager was leaving. three hours later they had a second meeting announcing the same thing. the following day they sent out a nasty email claiming that they had never made that announcement and that it was not true. figure that one out.

hardest part of the job was being on the front line - being one of the people who had to actually do the work with the patients that pays the salaries of everyone on the top, while none of the management ever stepped in and helped. when we were short none of them ever offered to help us in any way.

it's odd reading the reviews from the people who work in the various offices who talk about how much they love the mission and how passionate they are etc etc. it almost sounds as if those reviews were written by the same person. those of us who support this whole company by working our tails off are just not appreciated.

no, i'm not going to call you and tell you about the myriad of problems you have going on at your site. if your arrogant, overpaid management can't connect with its employees, then your "select management team" isn't going to help you. i don't
  more... get paid enough to do the job your managers should be doing.

maybe the CEO should come up from Philly and take ownership and try to figure out why morale is so poor, turnover is so high, employees are demoralized and looking elsewhere.
Pros
patients and coworkers r great
Cons
horrible management
October 29, 2018

rca
Internship (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 13, 2018
Recovery centers was not for me
I did not appreciate the working conditions
The management was very prejudice, looking for young people as apposed to older, educated.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS to or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Company with kinks to work out. Far too large. Understaffed. Needs stricter enforcement of the rules and regulations
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 5, 2018
Management unprofessional, Under staffed, Patients allowed to bring way to many items. Needs Stricter and Intense observation of patients at all times. Should pay proper shift differentials to all nursing staff.
Pros
beautiful facility, people who care, plenty of patient activities
Cons
Overdoses, no communication between management and staff
October 11, 2018

The job sucked and so did the managers
RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAOctober 1, 2018
It's all smoke and mirrors at RCA Devon. Awfully run from a management perspective. They pay do not pay nightshift employees anything extra for working the night shift and then expect the workers to go above and beyond but still treat them poorly. There is an obvious reason that the employees start to resent management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything they suck, don't work there!
October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take our employee satisfaction very seriously and want to make sure we're providing the best possible experience to all team members and patients at all times. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Horrendous Patient Care
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 30, 2018
If you are looking for a healthy work environment look elsewhere. The current management at Danvers destroyed that. The facility's management lacks experience with mental health and addiction. A few of them could benefit from comprehensive treatment themselves.

Complete lack of ethics, to include a hotline that employees are supposed to use to report concerns. What they accomplished was setting up a rat line used by employees to make allegations against people they dislike. Yeah, that's inspiring. Brilliant!

This hotline is currently used by coworkers to gang up on others and rat them out for things they don't even do, just because they don't like them. How did I know this was happening? Some coworkers got a little too loud in the cafeteria one night while hatching a plan to "call the hotline" on a few people.

Yeah, that's inspiring. Mission Accomplished!

After these complaints reach the dysfunctional management, they can target and harass employees by calling them in telling them they are negative or there have been complaints (they will never be specific about anything, because they are not interested in you growing or improving as an employee; they are only interested in padding your employee file so they can get rid of you and hire friends or friends of friends or acquaintances from their nursing home network.

If you voice concerns about patient care, they will turn on you as if you've personally offended them and insulted their vanity. Then they will set out to destroy your reputation, as they fire everyone who had any sense of personal ethics.
  more...

Now that they've driven all of the solid, talented and ethical workers out, what's left of RCA Danvers is circling the bowl.

Advice to corporate: pop a squat and end it all.

Mission accomplished! Bravo!
Pros
A great mission. Too bad this location can't even come close to fulfilling it.
Cons
Terrible management.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees.The hotline you referenced was specifically put in place to ensure all concerns, suggestions, and even compliments are fully assessed by a select senior leadership group. We ensure these issues are dealt with in a highly confidential manner and strive to achieve the best outcome in the fairest approach possible.I assure you that we take all matters very seriously.

If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern with you personally. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Do Not Apply
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Devon, PASeptember 28, 2018
Pay is very very low especially for PRN. They are short staffed so they will expect you to work part time hours despite being PRN. They take it personal if you can not work or work elsewhere yet their hourly PRN pay is not competitive with other employers. Everyday working there is a chore. Training is never priority, this company expects everything to be correct during the admissions process yet they don't really have time to train. This company lacks transparency, if you voice a concern you will be railroaded. The best thing about this company is the food and how well they treat the patients. They do both well. Everything else sucks. For Nurses week they gave out pens when other employers were buying lunches and giving gifts to appreciate nurses for all that they do but they only gave pens. Nothing else. They save their money to waste it on things that are not needed. HR has no people skills, yet deals with people on the regular basis and wonder why no one stays.
Pros
They treat patients well, Food is good
Cons
Pay, Schedule, Communication
October 4, 2018

Never been treated in such a way in my career !!
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 24, 2018
I don’t know where to start- I was hired full time and given a great speel during orientation— well the first day — the other four days we were on own. No direction, unorganized, ethics broken constantly , clicky staff. I would not recommend . Very corporate , so be careful and make sure u don’t make a mistake because it won’t be good — good luck for those who’s wants to work there. I would go on but it would merely be too much !!!!
Pros
Everything that glitters is not gold
Cons
Staff, Ceo, HR— I don’t care when niceness is disguised it’s easily visible
September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues seriously and want to make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 14, 2018
worst place i ever worked management is very unprofessional patients run the place trading drugs and the staff does nothing about it.All the patient are over medicated like zombies and you have felons working with patients and driving them around how is that safe for patients
Encouraging staff, awesome place to work
PER DIEM RN (Current Employee) –  Earleville, MDAugust 28, 2018
Staff and management are friendly and encouraging. Upper level management has an open door policy, no concern is too small or too big to be solved. RCA is all about the patients!
dishonest management
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 22, 2018
from the time I started it was "its all going to be better" or "things will get better" or "we're working on that".

nothing changed so I left.

the parting insult was that the ADP flexible spending account I had been paying into had a few hundred dollars on it and the card never worked - brought up to human resources and they never got back to me. tried to call ADP after I left and my balance was zero. so I paid into this an now the money belongs to RCA. i paid for this and they screwed this up.

strange metaphor there.
Pros
would be a good mission with decent management
Cons
racist coworkers, managers who insult people behind their back, losing money on my FSA.
August 24, 2018

Lead Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAAugust 19, 2018
The overall culture is amazing working with individuals with addictions and teaching them life skills for long term sobriety. The same can be said for the work life culture at RCA. They care about there employees.
Good mission
Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 18, 2018
The work this company does is greatly needed to combat substance use disorders. Recovery Centers of America is working to change the way care is delivered and to reduce the stigma associated with substance use.
Pros
Good mission and patient care
Cons
Leadership
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. If you would like to discuss any suggestions, feel free to reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com. Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

RCA Westminster
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work - patients get incredible, compassionate care that leads to positive outcomes and recovery. It is fast-paced, and the standards are high - which results in a great program for the patients and a positive place to work.
Dreadful
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2018
They say they are 5 star treatment. But the patients run the facility while good staff are quitting, being fired, underminded and attacked by insecure managers and a CEO without a clue. No one is trustworthy save a couple of individuals. Staff have inappropriate relationships with patients, there were shirtless staff playing with patients, staff giving patients their personal phone numbers, nurses giving out wrong meds, and that is only the beginning. Facility is nice, but this is definitely a money making machine...information "adjusted" so insurance companies can pay more...or actually be bled because patient care isn't happening...
Pros
nice building and grounds
Cons
its all deception

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight