Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

RCA Westminster
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work - patients get incredible, compassionate care that leads to positive outcomes and recovery. It is fast-paced, and the standards are high - which results in a great program for the patients and a positive place to work.
Dreadful
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2018
They say they are 5 star treatment. But the patients run the facility while good staff are quitting, being fired, underminded and attacked by insecure managers and a CEO without a clue. No one is trustworthy save a couple of individuals. Staff have inappropriate relationships with patients, there were shirtless staff playing with patients, staff giving patients their personal phone numbers, nurses giving out wrong meds, and that is only the beginning. Facility is nice, but this is definitely a money making machine...information "adjusted" so insurance companies can pay more...or actually be bled because patient care isn't happening...
Pros
nice building and grounds
Cons
its all deception
Very pleasant environment. There is great team work. Everyone is helpful and friendly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 23, 2018
RCA Danvers ha a great team. The staff all work well together & are very helpful. They provide an excellent orientation program for new employees. The salary & benefits are very competitive in comparison to other health care organizations.
Growing company & Helping those suffering
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 18, 2018
RCA gives you the opportunity to voice your opinions and create a plan to improve processes.

We are building programs that truly help people who normally cant find help.

The CEO is very passionate about fighting this disease.

I have watched dozens of people advance quickly into roles they did not think were possible
The mission is clear and genuine
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Having only worked at Recovery Centers of America for a short time, it's already clear that everyone is 100% behind the mission of helping those struggling with addiction. It is motivating and energizing to work with a team of people who has the patients' best interests in mind.
Pros
Nice office space, collaborative environment, passionate people
This is where you can make a significant difference in the world
Alumni Director (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
RCA has a clear mission, vision, and identity and is filled with passionate people. Everyone working here knows what RCA believes in and what everyone is working toward. Career and project growth for employees is practiced and not provided lip service. RCA is a culture of collaboration. As little politics and drama as possible. While politics and drama are always going to happen, all of us work hard to stomp it out. It’s not about us, it’s about our patients. RCA works hard on a culture of open communication, leadership craves honest feedback from its team members. We take our work seriously because we save lives each and every day, all day but we do have fun, too. RCA has approachable leadership whom actually listens and a fun, open, energetic and creative environment where everyone can make a significant difference in the world.
Pros
see above
Cons
n/a
Terrible
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 16, 2018
There isn't going to be an RCA for much longer if they continue to make cutbacks on everything from paper cups to snacks for the patients, promising non existent holisitic services and understaffing floors at dangerously unsafe levels with minimal nursing and support staff.
Official response from Recovery Centers of America
July 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback like this very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Good place to work, if you are passionate about what you do
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
This is not the place to work, if you want to sit around and wait for your day to be over. Everyone is dedicated to getting patients well and helping them to restore their lives. The CEO of the company pushes everyone to think for themselves and know why they are doing what do. No one gets a free ride and everyone contributes.
Pros
challenging, fast paced, and constantly making you think.
Cons
If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Working in this fast past work environment, you constantly have a project that needs to be completed. the hours might be long and the environment a little stressful but in the end you know all the work you and your department are putting in are in the end run going to save lives and better our society
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
In my time at RCA, I've seen the company grow up from a small start-up to what is now a maturing business. We strive to do the best work we're capable of every day and I'm confident in our team's commitment to our mission.
Great place to work, very fast paced
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Recovery Centers of a America is a great place to work where employees have an opportunity to work for a organization that is committed to saving lives from addiction. Working at RCA is fast paced and there is always something new to work on so things are never dull. One of the things I like best about working for RCA is that everyone in the company, no matter their title, has an open door to the CEO where they can share any thoughts, opinions, ideas or concerns at ANY time.
Pros
Competitive pay, advancement opportunities, ability to work for a
Cons
Fast pace and change that may not be for everyone
Great place to Work! Great Team work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MaJuly 10, 2018
RCA at Danvers is a great place to work
the team is great and work well together
the care provided to the patients is compassionate, caring and professional
Pros
Free parking! Great Team! Collaborative environment
"Do what you love, and you'll never work another day in your life."
Leadership (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2018
I feel like I finally found a job that is a very natural fit. I am earning a living by helping people get well who sorely need our services, compassion, skills and care. I am part of a company that helps put families back together and gives hope to countless people in our communities. I could earn a living doing much different work but I am proud and honored to be doing this work.

I work hard. It's not a playground. It's serious work. It can be stressful. It's not perfect nor is any job I've ever had. In fact, I haven't met many people who think their own lives are perfect, let alone work. There are critics that throw stones about our industry and our company. They often sit on the sidelines without understanding the first thing about what they profess to speak about. They aren't helping anybody but we do the work we do anyway.

The more I like what I am doing, the harder I work because I want our company to succeed so we can help our Patients and their loved ones be whole again.
Pros
Innovation, Industry Leader, Patient Care, No barriers.
Cons
There isn't enough quality help like what RCA offers. Seeing so many lives in despair.
Fast paced environment but a great place to work
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2018
The team if full of amazing people who are all passionate about recovery. There are daily meetings that ensure that the entire team is on the same page. Great team players with a fun work environment all with a passion to help others.
Pros
Daily team meetings to ensure all employees are on the same page with everything happening.
Cons
Long work days
Poor Management
ADMISSIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAJuly 2, 2018
Company was new and just opened when I started. They grew too quickly and ended up losing a lot of great employees in the process. Patient care was no longer a priority and making $$ was all that counted. Really disappointed in how it played out
Official response from Recovery Centers of America
July 6, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. As a company, we have been growing rapidly to keep up with the pace of the growing addiction epidemic plaguing our nation. We are working fast, 24/7 in order to everything in our power to provide quality treatment to those who need it most. Despite our fast growth, we are a patient-first and a patient-centered organization – meaning that in everything we do and every decision we make, we are making decisions based exclusively on what is in the best interest of our current patients, future patients and their families.

cutting edge place to work.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 2, 2018
If your are going to work in this field, the very best place to work. Growing like a wildfire, open new sites every couple of months. Everyday I come to work we are pushing to get better not like other treatment centers I have worked for!
Excellent Learning Experience
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 25, 2018
An excellent company to learn at with genuine people whom care and want to make a difference. It can be a little chaotic, and is not for those for who do not have the drive to succeed. Highly recommend.
Came at a Bad Time
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAMay 17, 2018
Hard to review because I was laid off due to the center shutting down and I did not get to spend as much time as I would have liked to working there. Was eager to continue and advance in Danvers until they gave my job to someone else after I missed their phone call.
Pros
Structure, Clients, Benefits, Schedule, Cleanliness, Hr, Passion
Cons
Lack of Communication
Not a good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJMay 14, 2018
I would not recommend RCA if you are professional and looking to advance. Management turnover is high. The company does not hire from within. The nursing staff does not work well together. The best part of the job was the day I resigned.
Pros
12 hour shifts
Cons
Lack of leadership, The company does not match 401K contributions; lack of communication between nursing and management.
Love this job
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAApril 25, 2018
I have been at RCA since its inception in 2014- I love coming to work everyday and I love the people I work with ! We are all dedicated to our mission to get 1 million Americans into meaningful recovery!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight