Recovery Centers of America

Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

United States188 reviews
Featured review
Recovery Centers of America selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for. Everyone is friendly and treated fairly. Always room for growth within the company, as it continues to expand across the world.
New management and the place has gone downhill.Coworkers are back stabbing. There’s no equal pay. And all the Pt’s feel the animosity. It’s to bad because when I started it was completely different. It’s very dangerous there’s no security and when people are not in their right frame of mind it can be a very dangerous situation. Just another money hungry company that doesn’t care about the Pt’s and especially the employees.
Pros
Free lunches sometimes
Cons
Management and HR are dirty people.
After one year HR disclosed there was no correlation between experience and performance regarding salary/compensation. Not ideal to fuel drive HR
I appreciated my clinical supervisor as well as the new clinical supervisor, who arrived shortly before I resigned (no impact on the decision).

Remained solely patient focused and close with a handful of really amazing staff.
Pros
Staff on unit
Cons
Inexperienced staff
this place needs a massive wake up call I have seen improper training and staff who should not be working there end with fights with patients and many violations of human rights not to mention they cant even put together a basic diet plan for any patient with diabetes the call center tells patients its ok to get behind the wheel of a car and drive even after being told they were under the influence they change whatever protocol they have in order to keep patients there who need serious medical help its all about money they dont care how it comes in as long as it does
Cons
All they care about is money. The employees are overworked and overwhelmed. They don’t test the clients for alcohol when they are in Outpatient. The place is ALL smoke and mirrors. They hire people to be supervisors and directors who have little to no experience so they are afraid to stand up for their staff. Horrible Management, Terrible Directors, bad place to work.
Pros
Working with clients
Cons
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I love my job, being able to help those struggling with addiction makes my job meaningful and keeps me coming back for my patients. I do it for them, because deep down they are hurting and struggling. It does get stressful at times due to not being fully staffed and being at full capacity with patients and averaging anywhere from 6-12 patients a day, it is hard and its a lot to deal with mentally, but I have a great supervisor who is so supportive of us, and now with our new CEO, who is amazing, I can see great things happening!
Pros
Great supervisor, great co workers, helping people
Cons
Pay, patient overload, benefits are expensive
Employees are overworked, underpaid, and unappreciated. Some of the people you work with are amazing. The HR Director is not supportive. You go to leadership for help and they offer no addition support. The immediate supervisors aren't supportive. The patients doe what they want they do not have to go to group if the dont want to.
Pros
Interact with patients
Cons
They do not care about helping ppl recover. All they care about is the money. They will keep accepting the same people over and over again. This is more of a sales job all they care about are the numbers they even have an incentive program set up based off how many people you can get to come to recovery. Horrible. They also bribe you with paying for lunch based off numbers. It’s all about the money with them
worst management team. hostile HR lady, management has favorites and sometimes even intimate favorites if you know what I mean. its horrible to work with people who are all hooking up.
Pros
nothing
Cons
mental torture
Company is lacks management with any professionalism. Management have all slept with each other and you can tell by people placed in management with no skills or degrees fitting the position. High turn over because HR is devious and always trying to get away with bending labor laws. You will have a badge and a key only between you and hundreds of narcotics in a med cart. No security
Pros
Great friendly nursing and RSS staff
Cons
Poor management and no security
April 24, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our patients, their loved ones, and our employees and apologize that you feel we have fallen short. If you are willing, please call 833-RCA-ACTS or email rcaacts@recoverycoa.com so we can discuss and address the specifics of your concern. Please note that you can remain anonymous in any discussions with our team.
Felt like you belong to a company committed to doing things differently, great at looking at programs and developing a curriculum that works. Love the staff
Incredible sense of reward when a patient is helped. Calm, laid back, atmosphere. Co-workers come together quickly if a crisis develops and always handled with the patient's care first.
This is the first time being around addiction and the struggles that go along with this disease. These people are hurting and look to you for guidance even if you're the receptionist there. It's truly humbling to be there knowing what you say to someone may change their day for the better.
The management team is horrible. The job duties change on the fly depending on who dose not want to do there own work. Very under paid for what you do.
So you're thinking about becoming a Recovery Support Specialist or a RSS at Recovery of America? Well just sit back and listen while I give you my intact of this position. You'll receive a sheet of the patients name and photos attached (with a clipboard; in the future they will switch over to using tablets) during the beginning of your shift for your unit. These people are your responsibility, you do need to keep a eye on them but don't treat them like children, they have feeling just like you. You do have to report things life if they refuse to go to meeting, picking fights and etc. We're taught in the training to not too close to the patient but it get hard, you want these people to go best and you will want to be their cheerleader. Trust me, I have cried for a few when they left the facility, you seen the growth in them. If you're not sure about something, ask for help. If you're not a people person and never delt with people from different background, don't apply here! You can't be in your bubble the whole time in this company, it's not gonna work. It takes a while to getting used to the units of the building, it get easier in time. With this position you do get a chance to get to know other staff members. Walking is part of your job so have a good pair of walking shoes on. Most of them are pretty good, only a few that I know that I'm not 100% sure off, just go on by your gut feels. Your lunch is 30 minutes, nothing more or less. The breakroom is tiny, enough to fit maybe 10 people. The dinning room is huge, the meals they prepared are pretty good but you have to pay - more...
If you are not in recovery, you probably aren't a good fit. Depending on the division you’re working in. Your experience with this company will differ. The nursing/medical division appear to be the more supportive of environments.
Pros
There are a few good days
Cons
Non supportive work environment
Extremely dysfunctional work environment. Management leaders play favorites and do not support employees. Left hand doesn't understand what the right hand is doing and scapegoating employees is rampant. Very unprofessional and a bit psycho.
February 14, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to submit your feedback. We strive to provide the best experience possible for our patients, their loved ones, and our employees and apologize that you feel we have fallen short. If you are willing, please call 833-RCA-ACTS or email rcaacts@recoverycoa.com so we can discuss and address the specifics of your concern. You can choose to remain anonymous in any interaction with our team. Thank you, again.
I worked for Recovery Centers of America for a few months in the payroll department. I joined because a former co worker had joined the company and there was an opening.
At first I was provided with proper training and felt good in the roll. Once the person who I was replacing left, all changed. My manager could not train me as they don't know the ADP WFN system.

As my roll moved forward, I felt very unhappy.

I was not listened to as a valued team member. I was yelled many times while in conversation. The blame game started to happen!

In the end when no one would listen to my concerns, I had no choice but to leave the company. The stress of my manager was to much!

I feel that the upper management team should look at the turnover in the Finance / Payroll department and correct some management choices.
Ok starting pay. Advancement is not based on qualifications but on who you know and your appearance. RCA needs more training on diversity. If you are a pt and you have insurance you basically can do or not do what you want. At the end of the day it’s all about the money.
Recovery Centers of America is premier in the recovery business. They don't let people with out an opportunity to get help and change their lives. One of the hardest jobs with the highest turnover is Treatment Advocate. But that seems to be a theme for most other recovery, detox centers. Other positions enjoy longer tenors.
Management doesn't listen to the people who do all the work, critical errors are pushed under the rug until someone eloped or dies in the facility. Celebrity figures dont have any anonymity. Upper management always side with people they like and dont here the real deal. Nursing staff is supported as they should. Mistakes detrimental to clients safety and health are being let go. No set schedule for clients and evening shift is chaotic.
January 24, 2020
Thank you for your feedback on Recovery Centers of America at Lighthouse. I can assure you that patient safety is our top priority, and to provide the best care we hire the best team in the industry and provide them the support and tools necessary to do their job well. If you would like to discuss specific instances of your comments with RCA, please reach out to RCA at 833-RCA ACTS
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6
InHerSight Score
1.6Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight