Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

executive administrative assistant corporate operations
C Suite Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 13, 2018
RCA is one of the most toxic working environments an individual could put themselves in. The company suffers from founders syndrome, and each department operates as their own little fiefdom, each jockeying and grabbing for a larger share of the corporate budget, to the detriment of the company as a whole. Department heads are shameless landgrabbers and constantly undermine one another for personal advancement again to the detriment of the company on a whole. This company is marked by waste and excessive spending, with a cash burn rate that would make your head spin. New hires don't last long, top down directives change weekly, consistency of care is nonexistent, and the facade presented during the hiring phase is quickly stripped away within your first few weeks of work on the job. There is no loyalty to employees, RCA views staff as expendable, and top talent that is hired will more often than not jump ship within their first six months of employment.
Pros
Low bar for entry
Cons
Chaotic corporate culture that trickles down throughout the company, run like an autocracy
This is where you can make a significant difference in the world
Alumni Director (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
RCA has a clear mission, vision, and identity and is filled with passionate people. Everyone working here knows what RCA believes in and what everyone is working toward. Career and project growth for employees is practiced and not provided lip service. RCA is a culture of collaboration. As little politics and drama as possible. While politics and drama are always going to happen, all of us work hard to stomp it out. It’s not about us, it’s about our patients. RCA works hard on a culture of open communication, leadership craves honest feedback from its team members. We take our work seriously because we save lives each and every day, all day but we do have fun, too. RCA has approachable leadership whom actually listens and a fun, open, energetic and creative environment where everyone can make a significant difference in the world.
Pros
see above
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, very fast paced
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Recovery Centers of a America is a great place to work where employees have an opportunity to work for a organization that is committed to saving lives from addiction. Working at RCA is fast paced and there is always something new to work on so things are never dull. One of the things I like best about working for RCA is that everyone in the company, no matter their title, has an open door to the CEO where they can share any thoughts, opinions, ideas or concerns at ANY time.
Pros
Competitive pay, advancement opportunities, ability to work for a
Cons
Fast pace and change that may not be for everyone
Dreadful
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2018
They say they are 5 star treatment. But the patients run the facility while good staff are quitting, being fired, underminded and attacked by insecure managers and a CEO without a clue. No one is trustworthy save a couple of individuals. Staff have inappropriate relationships with patients, there were shirtless staff playing with patients, staff giving patients their personal phone numbers, nurses giving out wrong meds, and that is only the beginning. Facility is nice, but this is definitely a money making machine...information "adjusted" so insurance companies can pay more...or actually be bled because patient care isn't happening...
Pros
nice building and grounds
Cons
its all deception
A growing startup
Staff (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAJuly 17, 2018
This is a start up company that is still learning as they grow. It is a company that wants to be at the forefront of the fight against addiction and to raise the standards of care in the field. Policies and procedures are still being developed and corporate vs local leadership do not always agree on the ways to reach these goals.
All of that said, I would and have sent friends and former co workers to work at my and other locations. Their mission and goals are what I believe in. Leadership at both local and corporate sites is filled with experienced, intelligent, open minded and out of the box thinkers. I'm excited to see where we go and am proud to be part of the growing and development.
Pros
Dedication to mission, evidence based practices while thinking out of the box for solutions, community involvement, strong treatment program, level of education/training of staff, coworkers have team attitudes
Cons
Benefits, some positions paid high range of industry norms while others are low end
Terrible environment, dishonest management, backstabbing staff
Clinical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers,maNovember 4, 2018
This is hands down the most awful place I have ever worked. The facility is so short staffed they cut corners and provided less than decent care. Clients are encouraged to stay under any conditions because they want to bill insurance an get stats up. Clients are kept in a unit they are not supposed to be on any promised things they cannot have. The medical team has no communication with the clinical staff. Management is so consumed with putting out fires to keep clients happy they are non existent and unavailable for staff. You’d think after being shut down they’d push harder to do better, but they just push harder to cover the dirty shenanigans within the facility
Pros
Nice building, high paying
Cons
Poor management, poor training, lack of communication, management doesn’t care about anything except money and beds being full
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Extremely mismanaged and unprofessional work enviornment
Patient care (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MANovember 3, 2018
Too bad this place is so disorganized and mis managed. Too much time concentrating on stupidity when should be focused on patient care. We need places for people to get help but unfortunately, it’s all about the look of RCA. It’s not reality for an addict. Way understaffed and good workers get burned out. That’s why there is so much turnover. Get your act together RCA. They had been shut for 9 months opened back up and the same things were happening. Unfortunately, I left when I realized things were not gonna change. It’s too bad.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Underpaid, poor management, no growth
November 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback like this very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Poor Leadership
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAJanuary 28, 2019
Some nasty personalities among Leadership, excellent patient care, but employee care is nonexistent. Low compensation, disorganized as policies and procedures are in constant change, favoritism and lack of communication. HR lacks enthusiasm and is cold as ice. It's all about the profit and census.
Pros
CEO tries hard
Cons
low morale, burnout, lack of communication, favoritism
February 4, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. We would also like to clarify that our evidence-based treatment, continuum of care and masters level clinicians are focused day in and day out on helping patients achieve long term recovery. We have partnered with insurance providers to make our services both affordable and accessible. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Do Not Apply
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Devon, PASeptember 28, 2018
Pay is very very low especially for PRN. They are short staffed so they will expect you to work part time hours despite being PRN. They take it personal if you can not work or work elsewhere yet their hourly PRN pay is not competitive with other employers. Everyday working there is a chore. Training is never priority, this company expects everything to be correct during the admissions process yet they don't really have time to train. This company lacks transparency, if you voice a concern you will be railroaded. The best thing about this company is the food and how well they treat the patients. They do both well. Everything else sucks. For Nurses week they gave out pens when other employers were buying lunches and giving gifts to appreciate nurses for all that they do but they only gave pens. Nothing else. They save their money to waste it on things that are not needed. HR has no people skills, yet deals with people on the regular basis and wonder why no one stays.
Pros
They treat patients well, Food is good
Cons
Pay, Schedule, Communication
October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take our employee satisfaction very seriously and want to make sure we're providing the best possible experience to all team members and patients at all times. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Lead Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAAugust 19, 2018
The overall culture is amazing working with individuals with addictions and teaching them life skills for long term sobriety. The same can be said for the work life culture at RCA. They care about there employees.
Never been treated in such a way in my career !!
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 24, 2018
I don’t know where to start- I was hired full time and given a great speel during orientation— well the first day — the other four days we were on own. No direction, unorganized, ethics broken constantly , clicky staff. I would not recommend . Very corporate , so be careful and make sure u don’t make a mistake because it won’t be good — good luck for those who’s wants to work there. I would go on but it would merely be too much !!!!
Pros
Everything that glitters is not gold
Cons
Staff, Ceo, HR— I don’t care when niceness is disguised it’s easily visible
September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues seriously and want to make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

dishonest management
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 22, 2018
from the time I started it was "its all going to be better" or "things will get better" or "we're working on that".

nothing changed so I left.

the parting insult was that the ADP flexible spending account I had been paying into had a few hundred dollars on it and the card never worked - brought up to human resources and they never got back to me. tried to call ADP after I left and my balance was zero. so I paid into this an now the money belongs to RCA. i paid for this and they screwed this up.

strange metaphor there.
Pros
would be a good mission with decent management
Cons
racist coworkers, managers who insult people behind their back, losing money on my FSA.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

FAKE REVIEWS-Horrible place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAFebruary 9, 2019
Unprofessional, unethical, poorly run program that does not care about patients and only cares about profit. Some fantastic staff who really care but culture is poisonous.
Pros
Irrelevant
Cons
Poor care, high demands with inadequate support, punitive culture
Very pleasant environment. There is great team work. Everyone is helpful and friendly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 23, 2018
RCA Danvers ha a great team. The staff all work well together & are very helpful. They provide an excellent orientation program for new employees. The salary & benefits are very competitive in comparison to other health care organizations.
Review
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Provide a plethora of daily group therapy sessions including psych-ed groups and process groups. Patients will have a diagnosis of SUD and often another co-occurring disorder. You manage your caseload and work with either all men or women in a Treatment Center.
Management is often busy but works hard to meet staff and patient needs as often as they can. Difficult to obtain hours for licensure as a clinician due to management being busy in meetings. Many days I would work beyond what my hours were but they pay a competitive salary for Clinicians to make up for this. Competitive work culture including staff promotions and opportunity to be creative with developing curriculum and staff training. Staff tend lean toward favoritism and ignore other staff at times. Gossip can be difficult to deal with here. You may feel manipulated at times, I.e.: you will be told you're not doing your job well yet be told you are amazing the next minute. This leaves you as an employee feeling unsure of yourself and your ability to be successful in your role.
Pros
Competive pay
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid breaks, long hours, lack of support from management and corporate
February 5, 2018

Thank you taking the time to submit feedback. Our goal is to enhance the experience for patients and employees alike. We would welcome the opportunity to address each of your concerns specifically, so if you could please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com . Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

New Company with kinks to work out. Far too large. Understaffed. Needs stricter enforcement of the rules and regulations
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 5, 2018
Management unprofessional, Under staffed, Patients allowed to bring way to many items. Needs Stricter and Intense observation of patients at all times. Should pay proper shift differentials to all nursing staff.
Pros
beautiful facility, people who care, plenty of patient activities
Cons
Overdoses, no communication between management and staff
October 11, 2018

Abusive Work Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MANovember 16, 2018
This is an organization whose culture is marked by hostile, narcissistic, toxic, abusive, insecure, arrogant, dishonest leadership. STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY
Pros
patients
Cons
everything
The job sucked and so did the managers
RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAOctober 1, 2018
It's all smoke and mirrors at RCA Devon. Awfully run from a management perspective. They pay do not pay nightshift employees anything extra for working the night shift and then expect the workers to go above and beyond but still treat them poorly. There is an obvious reason that the employees start to resent management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything they suck, don't work there!
October 4, 2018

run like the wind
RSS (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 24, 2018
a typical day at work was reading a barrage of emails contradicting the emails you got the day before about constant policy changes. they would have you sign that you read and understood policies then change them to the point where nobody bothers to read them anymore because they change constantly.

culture is so-so. lots of good people but most of the good ones have left. management is detached, punitive and deceptive.

one time they had a meeting announcing that a manager was leaving. three hours later they had a second meeting announcing the same thing. the following day they sent out a nasty email claiming that they had never made that announcement and that it was not true. figure that one out.

hardest part of the job was being on the front line - being one of the people who had to actually do the work with the patients that pays the salaries of everyone on the top, while none of the management ever stepped in and helped. when we were short none of them ever offered to help us in any way.

it's odd reading the reviews from the people who work in the various offices who talk about how much they love the mission and how passionate they are etc etc. it almost sounds as if those reviews were written by the same person. those of us who support this whole company by working our tails off are just not appreciated.

no, i'm not going to call you and tell you about the myriad of problems you have going on at your site. if your arrogant, overpaid management can't connect with its employees, then your "select management team" isn't going to help you. i don't
  more... get paid enough to do the job your managers should be doing.

maybe the CEO should come up from Philly and take ownership and try to figure out why morale is so poor, turnover is so high, employees are demoralized and looking elsewhere.
Pros
patients and coworkers r great
Cons
horrible management
October 29, 2018

The most clicky, unethical company, should be shut down
RSS (Former Employee) –  Earleville, MDNovember 1, 2018
From the day I started here, having no work background in the field, I felt grateful and ready to fulfill the mission of saving a million lives. The orientation and training I took part in was kind of a joke. The trainer was hostile as well as most of what we learned didn't even pertain to the position I was hired for. The first scheduled day I arrived at work, it was obvious this place was a disorganized joke.A coworker threw the rounds at me and I was on my own. And that was pretty much how it went for most shifts. Everyone you worked with was constantly miserable, I now know it was being over worked. This place has almost no training, people running "supposed therapist" seminars when they do not have proper education. Pretty sad when you think of the amount of money they charge for people to stay there. Most of the clients are entitled and treat the staff like terribly. I was scared for my safety some times. The CEO hires all her friends and they basically run back to her every chance they get and make things up about employees who aren't in their click. On top of that, management has zero training and they don't stay when the place is clearly under staffed. From what I saw this place is just about money. The transportation for the clients is basically just a prelude to the illusion this place gives of being reputable. But this place is in it just for the money and fame. Its sad but I think they're just profiting off this terrible addiction epidemic. I really hope they get shut down or at the least the main founder comes I and hires a whole new staff starting with the  more... CEO. I don't know how most people that work there sleep every night.  less
Pros
Some of the clients, the 12 step way of recovery, the beautiful view
Cons
Ceo, constant understaffed, clicky employees getting promotions they are not qualified for, constant inconsistency and chaotic environment
November 9, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight