Recovery Centers of America Employee Reviews

rca
Internship (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 13, 2018
Recovery centers was not for me
I did not appreciate the working conditions
The management was very prejudice, looking for young people as apposed to older, educated.
October 15, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS to or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

The job sucked and so did the managers
RECOVERY SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAOctober 1, 2018
It's all smoke and mirrors at RCA Devon. Awfully run from a management perspective. They pay do not pay nightshift employees anything extra for working the night shift and then expect the workers to go above and beyond but still treat them poorly. There is an obvious reason that the employees start to resent management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything they suck, don't work there!
October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take our employee satisfaction very seriously and want to make sure we're providing the best possible experience to all team members and patients at all times. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Horrendous Patient Care
Worker Bee (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 30, 2018
If you are looking for a healthy work environment look elsewhere. The current management at Danvers destroyed that. The facility's management lacks experience with mental health and addiction. A few of them could benefit from comprehensive treatment themselves.

Complete lack of ethics, to include a hotline that employees are supposed to use to report concerns. What they accomplished was setting up a rat line used by employees to make allegations against people they dislike. Yeah, that's inspiring. Brilliant!

This hotline is currently used by coworkers to gang up on others and rat them out for things they don't even do, just because they don't like them. How did I know this was happening? Some coworkers got a little too loud in the cafeteria one night while hatching a plan to "call the hotline" on a few people.

Yeah, that's inspiring. Mission Accomplished!

After these complaints reach the dysfunctional management, they can target and harass employees by calling them in telling them they are negative or there have been complaints (they will never be specific about anything, because they are not interested in you growing or improving as an employee; they are only interested in padding your employee file so they can get rid of you and hire friends or friends of friends or acquaintances from their nursing home network.

If you voice concerns about patient care, they will turn on you as if you've personally offended them and insulted their vanity. Then they will set out to destroy your reputation, as they fire everyone who had any sense of personal ethics.
  more...

Now that they've driven all of the solid, talented and ethical workers out, what's left of RCA Danvers is circling the bowl.

Advice to corporate: pop a squat and end it all.

Mission accomplished! Bravo!
Pros
A great mission. Too bad this location can't even come close to fulfilling it.
Cons
Terrible management.
October 3, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. We like to use these reviews as an opportunity to continuously improve the experience we’re providing to both our patients & our employees.The hotline you referenced was specifically put in place to ensure all concerns, suggestions, and even compliments are fully assessed by a select senior leadership group. We ensure these issues are dealt with in a highly confidential manner and strive to achieve the best outcome in the fairest approach possible.I assure you that we take all matters very seriously.

If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern with you personally. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Do Not Apply
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Devon, PASeptember 28, 2018
Pay is very very low especially for PRN. They are short staffed so they will expect you to work part time hours despite being PRN. They take it personal if you can not work or work elsewhere yet their hourly PRN pay is not competitive with other employers. Everyday working there is a chore. Training is never priority, this company expects everything to be correct during the admissions process yet they don't really have time to train. This company lacks transparency, if you voice a concern you will be railroaded. The best thing about this company is the food and how well they treat the patients. They do both well. Everything else sucks. For Nurses week they gave out pens when other employers were buying lunches and giving gifts to appreciate nurses for all that they do but they only gave pens. Nothing else. They save their money to waste it on things that are not needed. HR has no people skills, yet deals with people on the regular basis and wonder why no one stays.
Pros
They treat patients well, Food is good
Cons
Pay, Schedule, Communication
October 4, 2018

Never been treated in such a way in my career !!
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 24, 2018
I don’t know where to start- I was hired full time and given a great speel during orientation— well the first day — the other four days we were on own. No direction, unorganized, ethics broken constantly , clicky staff. I would not recommend . Very corporate , so be careful and make sure u don’t make a mistake because it won’t be good — good luck for those who’s wants to work there. I would go on but it would merely be too much !!!!
Pros
Everything that glitters is not gold
Cons
Staff, Ceo, HR— I don’t care when niceness is disguised it’s easily visible
September 26, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues seriously and want to make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics of your concern with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

poor
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MASeptember 14, 2018
worst place i ever worked management is very unprofessional patients run the place trading drugs and the staff does nothing about it.All the patient are over medicated like zombies and you have felons working with patients and driving them around how is that safe for patients
Encouraging staff, awesome place to work
PER DIEM RN (Current Employee) –  Earleville, MDAugust 28, 2018
Staff and management are friendly and encouraging. Upper level management has an open door policy, no concern is too small or too big to be solved. RCA is all about the patients!
dishonest management
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAAugust 22, 2018
from the time I started it was "its all going to be better" or "things will get better" or "we're working on that".

nothing changed so I left.

the parting insult was that the ADP flexible spending account I had been paying into had a few hundred dollars on it and the card never worked - brought up to human resources and they never got back to me. tried to call ADP after I left and my balance was zero. so I paid into this an now the money belongs to RCA. i paid for this and they screwed this up.

strange metaphor there.
Pros
would be a good mission with decent management
Cons
racist coworkers, managers who insult people behind their back, losing money on my FSA.
August 24, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take these issues very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Lead Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAAugust 19, 2018
The overall culture is amazing working with individuals with addictions and teaching them life skills for long term sobriety. The same can be said for the work life culture at RCA. They care about there employees.
Good mission
Worker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 18, 2018
The work this company does is greatly needed to combat substance use disorders. Recovery Centers of America is working to change the way care is delivered and to reduce the stigma associated with substance use.
Pros
Good mission and patient care
Cons
Leadership
August 20, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback. If you would like to discuss any suggestions, feel free to reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com. Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

RCA Westminster
Manager (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAJuly 31, 2018
Great place to work - patients get incredible, compassionate care that leads to positive outcomes and recovery. It is fast-paced, and the standards are high - which results in a great program for the patients and a positive place to work.
Dreadful
Recovery Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 29, 2018
They say they are 5 star treatment. But the patients run the facility while good staff are quitting, being fired, underminded and attacked by insecure managers and a CEO without a clue. No one is trustworthy save a couple of individuals. Staff have inappropriate relationships with patients, there were shirtless staff playing with patients, staff giving patients their personal phone numbers, nurses giving out wrong meds, and that is only the beginning. Facility is nice, but this is definitely a money making machine...information "adjusted" so insurance companies can pay more...or actually be bled because patient care isn't happening...
Pros
nice building and grounds
Cons
its all deception
Very pleasant environment. There is great team work. Everyone is helpful and friendly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 23, 2018
RCA Danvers ha a great team. The staff all work well together & are very helpful. They provide an excellent orientation program for new employees. The salary & benefits are very competitive in comparison to other health care organizations.
Growing company & Helping those suffering
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 18, 2018
RCA gives you the opportunity to voice your opinions and create a plan to improve processes.

We are building programs that truly help people who normally cant find help.

The CEO is very passionate about fighting this disease.

I have watched dozens of people advance quickly into roles they did not think were possible
A growing startup
Staff (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAJuly 17, 2018
This is a start up company that is still learning as they grow. It is a company that wants to be at the forefront of the fight against addiction and to raise the standards of care in the field. Policies and procedures are still being developed and corporate vs local leadership do not always agree on the ways to reach these goals.
All of that said, I would and have sent friends and former co workers to work at my and other locations. Their mission and goals are what I believe in. Leadership at both local and corporate sites is filled with experienced, intelligent, open minded and out of the box thinkers. I'm excited to see where we go and am proud to be part of the growing and development.
Pros
Dedication to mission, evidence based practices while thinking out of the box for solutions, community involvement, strong treatment program, level of education/training of staff, coworkers have team attitudes
Cons
Benefits, some positions paid high range of industry norms while others are low end
The mission is clear and genuine
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Having only worked at Recovery Centers of America for a short time, it's already clear that everyone is 100% behind the mission of helping those struggling with addiction. It is motivating and energizing to work with a team of people who has the patients' best interests in mind.
Pros
Nice office space, collaborative environment, passionate people
This is where you can make a significant difference in the world
Alumni Director (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
RCA has a clear mission, vision, and identity and is filled with passionate people. Everyone working here knows what RCA believes in and what everyone is working toward. Career and project growth for employees is practiced and not provided lip service. RCA is a culture of collaboration. As little politics and drama as possible. While politics and drama are always going to happen, all of us work hard to stomp it out. It’s not about us, it’s about our patients. RCA works hard on a culture of open communication, leadership craves honest feedback from its team members. We take our work seriously because we save lives each and every day, all day but we do have fun, too. RCA has approachable leadership whom actually listens and a fun, open, energetic and creative environment where everyone can make a significant difference in the world.
Pros
see above
Cons
n/a
Terrible
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 16, 2018
There isn't going to be an RCA for much longer if they continue to make cutbacks on everything from paper cups to snacks for the patients, promising non existent holisitic services and understaffing floors at dangerously unsafe levels with minimal nursing and support staff.
July 18, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback like this very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Good place to work, if you are passionate about what you do
Web Developer (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
This is not the place to work, if you want to sit around and wait for your day to be over. Everyone is dedicated to getting patients well and helping them to restore their lives. The CEO of the company pushes everyone to think for themselves and know why they are doing what do. No one gets a free ride and everyone contributes.
Pros
challenging, fast paced, and constantly making you think.
Cons
If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen
Work environment
Intern (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
Working in this fast past work environment, you constantly have a project that needs to be completed. the hours might be long and the environment a little stressful but in the end you know all the work you and your department are putting in are in the end run going to save lives and better our society

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight