Recovery Centers of America Culture reviews

Happy to go to work each and every day!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJApril 9, 2019
It is a joy going to work knowing that the team atmosphere, the get the job done work ethic and all around experience and commitment of all employees to our patients, makes RCA@Lighthouse the best place to work.
Pros
Team Atmosphere
Great team
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJApril 4, 2019
I love working for RCA. The team is a family and we truly care about the success and well-being of the clients. Great support for learning and growing as an individual.
fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 27, 2019
fun workplace to work at. the pay is not the greatest but its decent. managers work with all the staff members to facilitate working at this place. employees are kind and friendly
Great work place
RN (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 22, 2019
DON and nursing team work together to make it a great work environment. Great communication between management and staff. Patient care is top priority
Pros
Team work, self scheduling
Amazing co workers!
RSS2 (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAMarch 17, 2019
I LOVE MY JOB!!!!! GO DANVERSSSS we are all a team that gets the job done! Management and CEO are amazing. We continue to make a safe environment and encourage patients
FAKE REVIEWS-Horrible place to work
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MAFebruary 9, 2019
Unprofessional, unethical, poorly run program that does not care about patients and only cares about profit. Some fantastic staff who really care but culture is poisonous.
Pros
Irrelevant
Cons
Poor care, high demands with inadequate support, punitive culture
February 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take employee and patient safety, satisfaction, and wellness very seriously. For that reason, RCA has established a toll-free number so that any concerned party can raise concerns by dialing 833-RCA ACTS or emailing us at rcaacts@recoverycoa.com. Every call or email is investigated and addressed by a select group of senior leaders. We are very disappointed in the opinions you have expressed and would appreciate it if you would please contact us directly so that we can determine what information you can provide to help us research your allegations.

executive administrative assistant corporate operations
C Suite Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 13, 2018
RCA is one of the most toxic working environments an individual could put themselves in. The company suffers from founders syndrome, and each department operates as their own little fiefdom, each jockeying and grabbing for a larger share of the corporate budget, to the detriment of the company as a whole. Department heads are shameless landgrabbers and constantly undermine one another for personal advancement again to the detriment of the company on a whole. This company is marked by waste and excessive spending, with a cash burn rate that would make your head spin. New hires don't last long, top down directives change weekly, consistency of care is nonexistent, and the facade presented during the hiring phase is quickly stripped away within your first few weeks of work on the job. There is no loyalty to employees, RCA views staff as expendable, and top talent that is hired will more often than not jump ship within their first six months of employment.
Pros
Low bar for entry
Cons
Chaotic corporate culture that trickles down throughout the company, run like an autocracy
Abusive Work Environment
Staff (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MANovember 16, 2018
This is an organization whose culture is marked by hostile, narcissistic, toxic, abusive, insecure, arrogant, dishonest leadership. STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY
Pros
patients
Cons
everything
run like the wind
RSS (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 24, 2018
a typical day at work was reading a barrage of emails contradicting the emails you got the day before about constant policy changes. they would have you sign that you read and understood policies then change them to the point where nobody bothers to read them anymore because they change constantly.

culture is so-so. lots of good people but most of the good ones have left. management is detached, punitive and deceptive.

one time they had a meeting announcing that a manager was leaving. three hours later they had a second meeting announcing the same thing. the following day they sent out a nasty email claiming that they had never made that announcement and that it was not true. figure that one out.

hardest part of the job was being on the front line - being one of the people who had to actually do the work with the patients that pays the salaries of everyone on the top, while none of the management ever stepped in and helped. when we were short none of them ever offered to help us in any way.

it's odd reading the reviews from the people who work in the various offices who talk about how much they love the mission and how passionate they are etc etc. it almost sounds as if those reviews were written by the same person. those of us who support this whole company by working our tails off are just not appreciated.

no, i'm not going to call you and tell you about the myriad of problems you have going on at your site. if your arrogant, overpaid management can't connect with its employees, then your "select management team" isn't going to help you. i don't
  more... get paid enough to do the job your managers should be doing.

maybe the CEO should come up from Philly and take ownership and try to figure out why morale is so poor, turnover is so high, employees are demoralized and looking elsewhere.
Pros
patients and coworkers r great
Cons
horrible management
October 29, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take concerns & feedback like this very seriously and want to listen and make sure we’re improving wherever necessary in order to provide the best possible experience for both our patients and our team members. If you are willing, we would like to discuss your suggestions or concerns. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com ? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Do Not Apply
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Devon, PASeptember 28, 2018
Pay is very very low especially for PRN. They are short staffed so they will expect you to work part time hours despite being PRN. They take it personal if you can not work or work elsewhere yet their hourly PRN pay is not competitive with other employers. Everyday working there is a chore. Training is never priority, this company expects everything to be correct during the admissions process yet they don't really have time to train. This company lacks transparency, if you voice a concern you will be railroaded. The best thing about this company is the food and how well they treat the patients. They do both well. Everything else sucks. For Nurses week they gave out pens when other employers were buying lunches and giving gifts to appreciate nurses for all that they do but they only gave pens. Nothing else. They save their money to waste it on things that are not needed. HR has no people skills, yet deals with people on the regular basis and wonder why no one stays.
Pros
They treat patients well, Food is good
Cons
Pay, Schedule, Communication
October 4, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback – we take our employee satisfaction very seriously and want to make sure we're providing the best possible experience to all team members and patients at all times. If you are willing, we would like to discuss the specifics with you. Could you please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com? Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Lead Recovery Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Devon, PAAugust 19, 2018
The overall culture is amazing working with individuals with addictions and teaching them life skills for long term sobriety. The same can be said for the work life culture at RCA. They care about there employees.
Very pleasant environment. There is great team work. Everyone is helpful and friendly
Director of Nursing (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MAJuly 23, 2018
RCA Danvers ha a great team. The staff all work well together & are very helpful. They provide an excellent orientation program for new employees. The salary & benefits are very competitive in comparison to other health care organizations.
This is where you can make a significant difference in the world
Alumni Director (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 16, 2018
RCA has a clear mission, vision, and identity and is filled with passionate people. Everyone working here knows what RCA believes in and what everyone is working toward. Career and project growth for employees is practiced and not provided lip service. RCA is a culture of collaboration. As little politics and drama as possible. While politics and drama are always going to happen, all of us work hard to stomp it out. It’s not about us, it’s about our patients. RCA works hard on a culture of open communication, leadership craves honest feedback from its team members. We take our work seriously because we save lives each and every day, all day but we do have fun, too. RCA has approachable leadership whom actually listens and a fun, open, energetic and creative environment where everyone can make a significant difference in the world.
Pros
see above
Cons
n/a
Great place to work, very fast paced
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2018
Recovery Centers of a America is a great place to work where employees have an opportunity to work for a organization that is committed to saving lives from addiction. Working at RCA is fast paced and there is always something new to work on so things are never dull. One of the things I like best about working for RCA is that everyone in the company, no matter their title, has an open door to the CEO where they can share any thoughts, opinions, ideas or concerns at ANY time.
Pros
Competitive pay, advancement opportunities, ability to work for a
Cons
Fast pace and change that may not be for everyone
Great place to Work! Great Team work
Administration (Current Employee) –  Danvers, MaJuly 10, 2018
RCA at Danvers is a great place to work
the team is great and work well together
the care provided to the patients is compassionate, caring and professional
Pros
Free parking! Great Team! Collaborative environment
Fast paced environment but a great place to work
Social Media Manager (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 3, 2018
The team if full of amazing people who are all passionate about recovery. There are daily meetings that ensure that the entire team is on the same page. Great team players with a fun work environment all with a passion to help others.
Pros
Daily team meetings to ensure all employees are on the same page with everything happening.
Cons
Long work days
Review
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAFebruary 1, 2018
Provide a plethora of daily group therapy sessions including psych-ed groups and process groups. Patients will have a diagnosis of SUD and often another co-occurring disorder. You manage your caseload and work with either all men or women in a Treatment Center.
Management is often busy but works hard to meet staff and patient needs as often as they can. Difficult to obtain hours for licensure as a clinician due to management being busy in meetings. Many days I would work beyond what my hours were but they pay a competitive salary for Clinicians to make up for this. Competitive work culture including staff promotions and opportunity to be creative with developing curriculum and staff training. Staff tend lean toward favoritism and ignore other staff at times. Gossip can be difficult to deal with here. You may feel manipulated at times, I.e.: you will be told you're not doing your job well yet be told you are amazing the next minute. This leaves you as an employee feeling unsure of yourself and your ability to be successful in your role.
Pros
Competive pay
Cons
Short breaks, unpaid breaks, long hours, lack of support from management and corporate
February 5, 2018

Thank you taking the time to submit feedback. Our goal is to enhance the experience for patients and employees alike. We would welcome the opportunity to address each of your concerns specifically, so if you could please reach out to 833-RCA-ACTS or RCAACTS@recoverycoa.com . Please note you can choose to remain anonymous in any communication with our team. Thank you again and we look forward to hearing from you.

Great place to work with a powerful mission.
Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2017
It is awesome being able to go to work every day knowing that you are playing a small part in helping so many people. The staff is passionate about helping people, and that is the main objective for virtually every employee that works there.
Great work place and environment!
Per Diem Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Mays Landing, NJJune 27, 2017
Excellent place for those recovering from substance and alcohol abuse. A good team to work with. Great nurses and support services. Nice place too! I like it.
Mission driven company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 9, 2017
This is the first job I've taken where people I don't even know have thanked me for taking it. Our country is in the grip of an addiction crisis and RCA is stepping up to deal with it.

This is a mission driven culture to save lives and provide great patient care. Dynamic work environment where there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
work environment, culture, opportunities, mission
Cons
start-up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Centers of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight