Recovery Centers of Arkansas

Recovery Centers of Arkansas Employee Reviews

United States18 reviews
I worked with this company for several months. I was able to “move up” into a different title. As a Treatment Operations Support Staff (TOSS) you are basically on your own. Depending on your location, you could be responsible for over seeing upwards of (+/- )16-24 people alone. There was no formal training, your just showed the ropes by another TOSS who has been working there. Also the fact that you’re working with recovering addicts makes your job 10xs harder. Medication call can be your downfall sometimes. Trying to advise grown adults to follow the rules and schedules doesn’t always happen smoothly. Not everyone is there because they want to be, which makes a huge difference. Knowing how to set boundaries and do YOUR job is VERY important. You’re not supposed to have weapons on site, but at times, especially if you’re a female, you can feel VERY unsafe. Whether due to clients or the environment or a combination of both. A lot of important information isn’t passed down appropriately. You really began to rely on other co-workers for sanity, like the chefs or other TOSS. Management sucks. It’s all a big money grab, and you can tell who actually cares about the people that walk through the doors and who doesn’t. The person who is over the entire thing is (for a lack of better words) subpar. Once I moved into a new position I saw this with my own eyes. And if you’re a POC expect to get treated very differently, as an employee and a client. During my time in the newer position I felt the discrimination, and was initially going to file a law suit. I was taught how to do my job, - more...
Pros
Sometimes you get to attend outside meetings/activities with the clients, which can be very good for your mental/soul. Tools given can be used by all in any stages of life.
Cons
Management, Hr, pay, work environment, really everything else.
Make sure that you understand the fact that you will be working with addiction & alcoholics! They need you to understand the recovery process so that you can function & be there for the clients for all aspects of their everyday life.
The experience of working with Federal clients was extremely rewarding. The staff at RCA was a delight to work with they were very helpful when needed assistance.A great team to work for,
Upper management creates new rules daily and fails to communicate with one another. So when you’re seen doing it the new way you’re written up because the new way was simply a temporary way because the coo was lazy and didn’t feel like dealing with it. Nothing seems to have any consistency. You’ll get wrote up for doing something you were trained to do by a manager but when things change no one tells you. This place sucks it’s an adult day care they don’t actually assist in the rehabilitation process
Pros
Cons
Living conditions for residents, food, upper management
Worked as a Program Coordinator with no defined role or direction. I learned a lot about the field of substance abuse. Management was poor. The culture of the workplace was stressful. The hardest part of the job was getting materials needed and confusing messages from management.
Cons
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
this place is corrupt, they are a non-profit but only care about money. very negative people, treat staff and clients poorly, very unorganized, always understaffed
Discrimination toward people of color. It is notable of the ethnocentrism regarding supervision. The concept of the matter is your pay is based on extreme cultural conditioning.
Pros
gainful employed
Cons
professionally unprofessional
I did not enjoy my position at RCA because my letter of hire stated that I would be working in the North Little Rock facility and the director kept sending me to the Little Rock facilities. I showed up at my designated facility and was terminated.
Great leaning experience for a beginning case manager. My work with the clients was very rewarding and I appreciate the opportunity to lean from Ms. Baxter
I felt like I was let go for some other reason than what I was told. The supervisor wasn't upfront with me and gave me No reasonable explanation. I took good care of the girls and women there. Was a lot of responsibility to stay aware of what they were doing and where they were at all times. I did intake of new clients as they arrived, searched their luggage and person for contraband. Logged in all medication. Took in money and put in safe. Several scheduled bed checks during night shift.
Pros
Cons
Having to dispense medicatio to clients.
Management is poor, cut throat, and not supportive. The wages are lower than other organizations. Unrealistic job expectations. Several criminal backgrounds of employees.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Oasis was a place where people came to recover themselves they enrolled in AA meetings they took walks they fish golf just relaxing outdoors in the woods. I absolutely loved work for Oasis.
Pros
Free gourmet meals
Cons
No lunch breaks
experience in working with people with addictions.
alcohol , drugs, smoking, and other drug addictions.

lots of paper work

administer medications

observe client behaviors.
Pros
certification if want
Cons
I learned a lot from working. I enjoyed the Army, it made me who I am today. My position at RCA was enjoyable and I got to help individuals with their life. I also showed them that, they can turn their life around and get themselves on the right path.
My typical day has always been an educational experience; while working with individuals that are in need of guidance to bettering their lives.
Pros
Cons
Wages
There always seemed to be an employee that wanted to break the rules and I don't like that.
Working with others, seeing the clients and I learned more about the maintenance field, but looking to do more work in the clerical field as well. Management was pretty fair and I loved my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was heavy demand activities of the job and the most enjoyable part was getting praised for doing excellent work.
Pros
Good lunch breaks, office parties and nice clients
Cons
to demanding and very little pay for positions i was not qualified to do.
helps develop you for advancing in your career, good opportunity to prepare you for your next stage in life