Recovery Resources Employee Reviews

Management and HR are back stabbing snakes.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 20, 2019
I'm going too skip offering my opinion. Instead I would like to post my experience and you can make a decision on weather you would like to work here or not.

I honestly feel the agency saw that I was a flexible, mild manner, tenacious person with a desire to perform well and used those traits against me. What I mean by that RR presented this position as something I was looking for in my career path and then steadily made my position less and less desirable. My experience went something like this.

1.) RR posted a position on indeed stating they were looking for an Administrative Assistant position. When interviewed the first time they presented the position as it was listed in the job description.

2.) RR called me back for a second interview and during that time told me "This was more of a data entry position."
(The method listed above, is often referred to as a bait and switch. VERY inconsiderate of the applicant’s time and effort.)

3.) I begin to work as a data entry clerk. However, within less than two months I was doing admin duties. My title eventually was changed to match my duties.
(This displays lack of forethought, communication skills and organizational skills on the agencies end.)

4.) Time passes, my work station is bounced around building 3+ times without warning or explanation. We then merge with metro health. At Feb 1 2019 a lot of my previous duties are "put on hold" (understandable) I was then told I was to cover reception full time until further notice. (Not what I came here for. I specifically left a receptionist
  more... position to come to RR.) I cover reception for almost 2 months. All the while I am asking my direct manager and even their manager when I do resume my original duties what will I be doing? How do I fit into the work flow? What will my job look like? I got little to no answers from anyone. (not understandable.) Then without notice my direct manager tells me my position as an admin has been eliminated and my only option is to be a receptionist until another position opens up that I could apply for.

5.) A week or two goes by and I am told via e-mail I am to resume my Admin duties ASAP by my direct supervisor to only be approached by HR to be told that ONCE AGAIN my admin position is being eliminated and my only option is to be, what best could be described as a phone operator position or be laid off.

6.) THAT VERY SAME DAY I receive a call from HR that the phone operating position is not actually available and the position that is available is a data entry position. Or I still have the option to be laid off.
Pros
Not a strict dress code.
Cons
Poor management, HR is always an advocate for the company and never the employee, this company does not care about the employees well being.
All Work Assignments stated is my Duties at Recovery Resourses,Recovery Works. I was Trained by Supervisors and Management Supervisors .
Car Detailer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 13, 2019
When You have Experienced more than other on your Job Site sometimes The Supervisors may have you work more than others on your job because your supervisors really like the type of work you do on your assigned duties on the hob in various departments on your worksite. Your Supervisors may depend on you more than the other workers because of Your Skills and work training Background History. Your C/O workers may be Blind to the fact that you have experienced more than they do and not get upset. Because your closer to the supervisors more than they are, but always remember this I do my job like the Supervisors ask me to do, to the Department standards and qualifications and to the customer's standards. It's not to make my work partners jealous, its to place a comfort zone on the work site until my c/o workers can learn the expericeses I' be learned. Until my Job Supervisors ask me to train and show my felka c/ o worker how things should be done. I do not supervise the work staff and tell.them what to do. I give them a notification that the job might be done wrong, but until the Job Suoervisors tell them its wrong I just correct to mess up and Inspect beside my C/O works so The Job has been done correctly,but it's only a few that I had ti correct and I have been corrected myself by my own c/ o workers. This is called working well with others.
Pros
Work Postive and Open Minded
Cons
Relate to the positive and negative Atomphere' s
Career Choice?
Client Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 29, 2018
Good chance of advancing to another position within the first year with the right skillset.

Numerous holidays off. Hours of operation are decent.

Compensation could be better.
Awesome company with opportunity for advancement
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 23, 2018
I did a work assessment as a receptionist/data entry operator at Recovery Resources after being out of work for 5 years. They all raved about me and said how great I did. All the staff is super nice. Some patients may get irate sometimes, but if you keep your cool, you'll do fine there. Great company with good morale.
Pros
Half hour breaks, good people, good mission
Cons
Patients can be short and irritable sometimes
I loved it here
CPST/Clinical Intern/Forensic Liaison & Assessor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, OHSeptember 11, 2018
I was able to work on the forensics team and I was always treated as a valued member of the group. The hardest part of the job to teach is time management because you have to learn what works best for you and you have to always think 'how can the service I provide be therapeutic?'. I think we as professionals forget what is considered natural for us is oftentimes a learning experience for the client. I gained so many skills and met some really dedicated people along the way. This employer also encourages the educational efforts of their staff.
Loved It
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Great place to work. The benefits is great. The pay is horrible and low chance of advancement. I loved the culture of the company and loved all the girls I worked with. Everyone was willing to help one another out.
Peer Support Specialist/Integrated Health Care (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 18, 2018
This is one of the best places I have had an opportunity to work the supervision is excellent and the training is awesome I would recommend this employment to anyone.
Pros
Great supervior
Cons
The pay could be better
Great place for recent grads and internships
Linkage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2018
Great group of coworkers that work together to serve individuals who are under served. Positions I have held has been flexible in schedule, which is really convenient. There are productivity requirements that can sometimes be difficult to hit. There is opportunity for advancement especially for those with relevant licensure.
Pros
Free trainings and ceus, great coworkers
Cons
Compensation
My job as a "Forensic Liaison", is very fulfilling.
Jail Forensic Liaison (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 4, 2018
Working with the inmates in the jail, is very rewarding and provides an opportunity to give back to the community. At the end of each day I feel like I have accomplished my goals and given the men a new outlook on life.
Pros
You get to be part of something bigger than yourself.
Cons
Sometimes the inmates stories dont end well.
Great Company
PRN Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 5, 2018
I only worked for this company for a short time but it is a great company. If there would have been more that PRN available I would have stayed on as an employee.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Not enough work hours available at the time I worked there
fair
Independent Living Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norwich, CTMay 2, 2018
need more hours, not a bad company to work for if you are looking for part time work. I really dont have much to say about this company. It is a small company with few employees.
A difficult job made unmanageable by management unable to manage.
CPST (Former Employee) –  4269 pearl road, cleveland ohio, 44109March 1, 2018
A typical day at RR would start with documentation of the previous day, checking voicemails, returning phonecalls, outreaching client that have been scheduled to ensure the appointment was still on for the day.(cancellations are frequent) Respond to any emails. Check to see if any clerical work needed to be done before leaving the office. Get in my car, write down my mileage to the destination. Drive, document time of client interaction and intention of the appointment, rinse and repeat till all scheduled appointments are done. Return to the office, check my productivity metric to see if i needed any additional productivity. Outreach additional clients for future appointments, return additional calls and voicemail. document client interactions and mileage for the day, time permitting.

Typically, you would be dealing with more cancellations, and the scramble to replace productivity lost, but i'm going best case scenario for sake of simplicity. Responding to crisis situations such as mental breaks, hospitalization, suicide(threats or actual), and extreme erratic behavior are also normal, and a day to day experience. Work flow can be very erratic and jarring.

Due to the high volume of work expected on a day to day basis, i learned to be much more organized as a result. Organization is key, but also difficult regardless of proficiency. The client base can be erratic, and the best laid plans can and will be negated. Workers are ultimately expected to make up productivity if a client cancels, which can be a draining task. My knowledge and understanding of target population
  more... grew, many client are tasks with extremely difficult lives. Learned a large array of resources that could assist the population. Navigation of difficult scenario with grace and calm.

Management quality fluctuates. Overall, they cut pivotal management positions for my department, and managers became less available to assist workers with work issues. Typically this would not be a problem, but due to the type of work issues arise suddenly and without fail. Truthfully, i felt they were as overworked as the CPSTs. Organizationally, the trend seemed to be pushing towards increasing workload and cutting positions across the board, it made things very difficult for everyone.

The work culture for the department was very supportive through coworkers, as it was a required means of coping. But often everyone felt overworked, under appreciated and underpaid. Higher management laughed at someone during a meeting when asking about raises for increased responsibilities. Work Culture seemed disrespectful and comfortable with it's turnover.

The most difficult part of the job is managing the breath of tasks. Case Manager are tasked with an impossible amount of day to day work. Primarily judged on three metrics, outreach(within 30 day) Productivity(4.5 hours a day) and documentation(within 48 hours). on a monthly basis, only a few people hit these metrics, and additional clerical was added regularly for case managers to work. it feels largely unmanageable due to amount of setbacks with clients that are out of your control. Job responsibilities seem ever growing and undefined.

Large victories are a rare thing in community health services, but I've experienced moments of helping a struggling human being achieve a goal. Assisting someone reach a more stable position in their or a lower level of care is a tremendous accomplishment. I've genuinely grown as person, and am aware of more of the hardships that folks experience in the world. My perspective has changed.

Overall, i enjoyed aspects of this job, but you end up feeling disrespected by the work culture, it's difficult to stay positive when morale and retention is so low. HR has their work cut out for them.
Pros
Extremely fast paced, never a dull moment. Fills existential needs
Cons
Erratic work flow and clients; CPST expectations are absurd.
Mundane insurance work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I had one of the better positions at Recovery Resources because I was the field representative. I was able to meet clients, collect claims, then drive to the next client, repeat process. Many of our clients were pleasant t work with. In the office it is typical insurance work, draft claims, process claims, work with insurance adjusters who wish you never called.
Pros
I got to work in the field
Cons
Insurance work is mentally intensive because it is the same thing day after day.
Productivity
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44114January 1, 2018
Productivity is not fair! You can have 15 people in a group, but they only give you 2 hours of group time and nothing for direct services you have provided for each individual in the group, its a lot of work trying to engage 15 people for 2 hours, if it wasn't for the clinician providing the group treatment the company would not be able to bill the medical insurance for each individual in group.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Not micro managed
N/a
Job Coach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2017
It was a challenging position working with people with disabilities but it was very rewarding. I had the opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives. i enjoyed d9splaying my passion in the work environment.
Pros
Making a positive difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Inconsistent work log.
Client care is good but staff are poorly treated
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2017
Learned so much about mental health and substance use disorder treatment. Got very familiar with the mental health system. Developed strong clinical skills. Left here with my confidence and self-esteem in shreds though. Managers were immature, inexperienced, gossipy. Made little effort to provide support or assistance. Only did what interested them and left everyone miserable and overwhelmed by day to day issues they just ignored.
Pros
Staff really try to help clients
Cons
High stress
Great place for Internship!
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109October 16, 2017
I worked with great providers, nurses, case workers, Medical assistants. I learned a lot and was able to do a lot of hands on work with clients (patients). They were very flexible for interns and would be a great place to work if you're interested.
Pros
Co-workers, learn a lot, flexible.
Cons
Just maybe not for everyone if you dont want to work with mental health or addicts, I had no problem with it.
Well adjusted workplace, fun, well liked supervisor
Team Leader - Social Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work would start early at 6:00 am get everything set up before clients came in. Greet each client as they came to work for each day. I learned a lot about different personalities with my clients. The hardest part of the job was when the clients did not want to come to work . I had to convince them that being at work was better than sitting at home being depressed so I worked hard at getting them to show up everyday. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the clients showed up to work and they achieved their goals for each day ! I loved my job and I really enjoyed going to work everyday !!!!
Wonderful place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
I absolutely love my job here. From the first day everyone has been welcoming and inviting. Someone is always there to answer your questions and provide guidance when needed. There is always new and exciting tasks to learn, and there is so much room for advancement there. Everyone encourages me whenever its needed. I feel at home here. Finally I have a career instead of just a job.
The benefits are really good too. Plentiful PTO time and holidays, and flex time if needed. I am very happy to be working here!
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits, flexible schedule, comfortable work environment
Cons
Good workflow and great team work.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  MedsomJuly 31, 2017
The company cares about the employees and help you stay up to date on your CEU's I really love the company and enjoy my job.

The company is engaged in trying to help everyone.
Pros
Care for Employees
Cons
3o minute breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Recovery Resources Reviews by Location