Recovery Resources
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Recovery Resources Employee Reviews

United States53 reviews
Recovery Resources is a great agency to work for. Excellent management and cooperative coworkers. I had no issues while I was there. Everything was as described in my job description. My manager allowed good ideas to flourish and provided all the supports I needed for effective job performance. I recommend RR to anyone. Prevention Department is the best!
Upper management is never around & doesn't care. Zero guidance is given when needed. If you want to grow and succeed as an individual this isn't the place to do so due to lack of guidance and poor management. There is no room for growth or advancement.
In my opinion, the former director and one supervisor were clueless. They were rude and untrustworthy individuals. It was a horrible experience for me to work here and by far the worst place to work.
Overall good a typical day would include data entry, medium reports and answering to management. Almost a social work atmosphere. Ability to communicate with at risk clients is favorable.
Ironically the hardest part of the job was trying to do what management is expected of you. It was a personality conflict based on the drama management prevailed. I strongly believe the office of behavioral health and the department of regulation needs to be notified of this business.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Used to be a great place to work. Upper management does not care about the employees working under them. They are money obsessed and the focus of doing what is best for the client has been lost. The company lost the whole case management department due to increased work responsibilities with no compensation. It is really a shame, because the clients are not getting the same quality of care as they used to.
If you are looking to make a difference in a job. And want to help in addiction in any type of way this is the job for you. The staff members are really helpful and not judgmental
Lacking managers in multiple departments. Extremely understaffed in the Case management department. Does not pay enough for the amount of work expected of case managers. The agency seems nice to work for when in the interviewing process, however once a month in the true colors begin to show. Staff is not appreciated and respected. Do not provide enough training.
I loved the work I did at Recovery Resources. I was helping my clients and I felt that I was making progress with them. The hours are great, done by 5:00 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The only downfall is that this is a non-profit so the benefits and pay is not good. Work here if you are getting your independent license so that you can make good money.
I work here now so traveled everyday learned a lot, good culture, enjoyed the job, ver pleased with responsibilities, and staff. Job hours were great and pay.
This job was utterly ridiculous. You get praised for meeting productivity; which is nearly impossible as clients cancel, don’t show up,& are hard to track down.
I worked on the Warmline for Recovery Resources. It was w great part time job. We had a wonderful team. Our leader and manager were the best around, we couldn’t have asked for better. The job was flexible. The clients were usually pretty nice and easy to deal with. I really enjoyed my time there. Great company.
Pros
Flexible, great manager and leader, wonderful team
Cons
Pay
As a case manager, I get the opportunity to help others in need. I help people make positive changes in their lives. The work is rewarding. I don't like all the driving that is required.
I'm going too skip offering my opinion. Instead I would like to post my experience and you can make a decision on weather you would like to work here or not.

I honestly feel the agency saw that I was a flexible, mild manner, tenacious person with a desire to perform well and used those traits against me. What I mean by that RR presented this position as something I was looking for in my career path and then steadily made my position less and less desirable. My experience went something like this.

1.) RR posted a position on indeed stating they were looking for an Administrative Assistant position. When interviewed the first time they presented the position as it was listed in the job description.

2.) RR called me back for a second interview and during that time told me "This was more of a data entry position."

(The method listed above, is often referred to as a bait and switch. VERY inconsiderate of the applicant’s time and effort.)

3.) I begin to work as a data entry clerk. However, within less than two months I was doing admin duties. My title eventually was changed to match my duties.

(This displays lack of forethought, communication skills and organizational skills on the agencies end.)

4.) Time passes, my work station is bounced around building 3+ times without warning or explanation. We then merge with metro health. At Feb 1 2019 a lot of my previous duties are "put on hold" (understandable) I was then told I was to cover reception full time until further notice. (Not what I came here for. I specifically left a receptionist
 - more...
Pros
Not a strict dress code.
Cons
Poor management, HR is always an advocate for the company and never the employee, this company does not care about the employees well being.
When You have Experienced more than other on your Job Site sometimes The Supervisors may have you work more than others on your job because your supervisors really like the type of work you do on your assigned duties on the hob in various departments on your worksite. Your Supervisors may depend on you more than the other workers because of Your Skills and work training Background History. Your C/O workers may be Blind to the fact that you have experienced more than they do and not get upset. Because your closer to the supervisors more than they are, but always remember this I do my job like the Supervisors ask me to do, to the Department standards and qualifications and to the customer's standards. It's not to make my work partners jealous, its to place a comfort zone on the work site until my c/o workers can learn the expericeses I' be learned. Until my Job Supervisors ask me to train and show my felka c/ o worker how things should be done. I do not supervise the work staff and tell.them what to do. I give them a notification that the job might be done wrong, but until the Job Suoervisors tell them its wrong I just correct to mess up and Inspect beside my C/O works so The Job has been done correctly,but it's only a few that I had ti correct and I have been corrected myself by my own c/ o workers. This is called working well with others.
Pros
Work Postive and Open Minded
Cons
Relate to the positive and negative Atomphere' s
Regardless to a lay off, and changes with Metro Health, I can say it is a great place to work with awesome team. As a Client Care Representative of Recovery Resources/Metro Health it is challenging yet a great way to give back to those suffering from addiction/mental health. I love the staff, they are very understanding, professional, and knowledgable about how to care for our growing population of addicts and those who suffer daily from mental health disorders.
Pros
Flexable staff, Benefits, Professional Staff/coworkers
Cons
Big job turn over
Good chance of advancing to another position within the first year with the right skillset.

Numerous holidays off. Hours of operation are decent.

Compensation could be better.
I did a work assessment as a receptionist/data entry operator at Recovery Resources after being out of work for 5 years. They all raved about me and said how great I did. All the staff is super nice. Some patients may get irate sometimes, but if you keep your cool, you'll do fine there. Great company with good morale.
Pros
Half hour breaks, good people, good mission
Cons
Patients can be short and irritable sometimes
I was able to work on the forensics team and I was always treated as a valued member of the group. The hardest part of the job to teach is time management because you have to learn what works best for you and you have to always think 'how can the service I provide be therapeutic?'. I think we as professionals forget what is considered natural for us is oftentimes a learning experience for the client. I gained so many skills and met some really dedicated people along the way. This employer also encourages the educational efforts of their staff.
Great place to work. The benefits is great. The pay is horrible and low chance of advancement. I loved the culture of the company and loved all the girls I worked with. Everyone was willing to help one another out.
This is one of the best places I have had an opportunity to work the supervision is excellent and the training is awesome I would recommend this employment to anyone.
Pros
Great supervior
Cons
The pay could be better
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Resources. Our community is ready to answer.