Recovery Resources Employee Reviews

Mundane insurance work
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CAFebruary 11, 2018
I had one of the better positions at Recovery Resources because I was the field representative. I was able to meet clients, collect claims, then drive to the next client, repeat process. Many of our clients were pleasant t work with. In the office it is typical insurance work, draft claims, process claims, work with insurance adjusters who wish you never called.
Pros
I got to work in the field
Cons
Insurance work is mentally intensive because it is the same thing day after day.
Productivity
Clinician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44114January 1, 2018
Productivity is not fair! You can have 15 people in a group, but they only give you 2 hours of group time and nothing for direct services you have provided for each individual in the group, its a lot of work trying to engage 15 people for 2 hours, if it wasn't for the clinician providing the group treatment the company would not be able to bill the medical insurance for each individual in group.
Pros
Medical insurance
Cons
Not micro managed
N/a
Job Coach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 6, 2017
It was a challenging position working with people with disabilities but it was very rewarding. I had the opportunity to make a difference in peoples lives. i enjoyed d9splaying my passion in the work environment.
Pros
Making a positive difference in peoples lives.
Cons
Inconsistent work log.
Client care is good but staff are poorly treated
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 12, 2017
Learned so much about mental health and substance use disorder treatment. Got very familiar with the mental health system. Developed strong clinical skills. Left here with my confidence and self-esteem in shreds though. Managers were immature, inexperienced, gossipy. Made little effort to provide support or assistance. Only did what interested them and left everyone miserable and overwhelmed by day to day issues they just ignored.
Pros
Staff really try to help clients
Cons
High stress
Great place for Internship!
Medical Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44109October 16, 2017
I worked with great providers, nurses, case workers, Medical assistants. I learned a lot and was able to do a lot of hands on work with clients (patients). They were very flexible for interns and would be a great place to work if you're interested.
Pros
Co-workers, learn a lot, flexible.
Cons
Just maybe not for everyone if you dont want to work with mental health or addicts, I had no problem with it.
Well adjusted workplace, fun, well liked supervisor
Team Leader - Social Enterprise (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 22, 2017
A typical day at work would start early at 6:00 am get everything set up before clients came in. Greet each client as they came to work for each day. I learned a lot about different personalities with my clients. The hardest part of the job was when the clients did not want to come to work . I had to convince them that being at work was better than sitting at home being depressed so I worked hard at getting them to show up everyday. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the clients showed up to work and they achieved their goals for each day ! I loved my job and I really enjoyed going to work everyday !!!!
Wonderful place to work
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
I absolutely love my job here. From the first day everyone has been welcoming and inviting. Someone is always there to answer your questions and provide guidance when needed. There is always new and exciting tasks to learn, and there is so much room for advancement there. Everyone encourages me whenever its needed. I feel at home here. Finally I have a career instead of just a job.
The benefits are really good too. Plentiful PTO time and holidays, and flex time if needed. I am very happy to be working here!
Pros
Great coworkers, good benefits, flexible schedule, comfortable work environment
Cons
Good workflow and great team work.
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  MedsomJuly 31, 2017
The company cares about the employees and help you stay up to date on your CEU's I really love the company and enjoy my job.

The company is engaged in trying to help everyone.
Pros
Care for Employees
Cons
3o minute breaks.
great place for advancement
CPST (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
There was a lot of team work and training. they did a lot of in-services which was very informative and necessary at the time. The position is a fast turn over there for some reason.
Pros
good team work
Cons
lot of inservices
Great place to work. great, fun, diversity of people.
Peer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHApril 9, 2017
Great place to work. Staff are great to work with. Management are easy going and great to work under. There is always room to move up. Never had an issue or problem with any individual working there. They are helpful and they want you to succeed.
summary review
Peer support specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 14, 2017
A typical day at work for me is picking up a individual and bringing them in for an appointment. I have learned about the different cultures working in this field and it has been a pleasure. The hardest part to this job is when you try and help keep them together and they die. the most enjoyable part about my job is I get to see people prosper and get better and to know that I impacted their life in some kind of way.
Pros
some days I have all the time in the world to get my notes done when my schedule is not full.
Cons
sometimes my schedule is so full, I have to take work home after work to make sure i get notes in on time
Great Co-workers
Admin (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 21, 2016
It is very rewarding to be able to work in a field in which you can see the impact that you have o an individuals life. Though it is a very demanding field, the people that serve the greater community are some of the best people to get to know.
Pros
Competitive pay for non-profit
Cons
Management that are too far removed from subordinates duties
Amazing service to the community! Clients come first!
Management (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 5, 2016
Wondefful mission. Good people doing excellent work! Client centered. Innovative, passionate coworkers. Leadership works hard to make the balance between buisness needs, staff needs, and client needs.
Pros
Community and client focused
Cons
Lack of resources leads to unblanced work loads
The job was interesting and challenging.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, OHNovember 14, 2015
I was the office administrator. My job included: intakes and registration, appointment setting, reminder calls about appointments. Assisting with insurance verification, medical records, ordering supplies for the clinicians and the office.
The office was very busy and I was very flexible and timely on my work.
Helping the community
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 3, 2015
Company has gone thru a lot of changes and have a great deal of turn over which makes it hard for the clients to be stable in there treatment.
Pros
Easy to get too
Cons
Big Turn over
Fun work place
Vocational Rehabilitation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2015
Learned a lot about Vocational Rehabilitation Services. Met a lot of great people during my journey and learned a lot from them. Enjoyed helping others with mental health and drug addiction issues.
Pros
Great employee benefits
Cons
The drive was too far.
I learned a lot about substance abuse
Receptionist/Office Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 6, 2015
Recognized for taking on the Medical Records dept and puting organization to the files. Composed and maintained medical files in accordance with company policy and procedures. Managed closed medical files for the shipment to the storage warehouse, any other projects that were needed to be done. I loved this job because I worked pretty much independently along with other tasks that were assigned to me.

All the jobs that I have had were great and I have learned so much they were all benefits to my growth and development.
Pros
A lot of work that was challenging
Cons
Again funds ran out and I was assigned to a new project
All phases of secretarial duties.
VRP's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2015
Very fast paste environment. Heavy data entry, invoicing, billing, faxing scanning, and reporting to several different shareholders. I really enjoyed the work load. The hardest part of the job was dealing with staff and co-workers that didn't have the same work ethic as you.
Pros
The pay and benefits were the best.
Cons
To many staff and co-workers, being disrespectful.
Professional development encouraged/ fast paced work place
clinician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 31, 2015
Employees are outstanding and very helpful with one another regardless of the department assignments. Management has undergone significant changes over the years. Must love a fast paced work environment and be flexible with job assignments and changes in programming. Pay rate and benefits are excellent.
Pros
Nice employee compensation package
Cons
Fast paced and constant changes
Janitorial Floor Tech
Janitorial Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 9, 2014
My day consisted of cleaning the bathrooms, waxing floors, cleaned linen closets and vacuumed floors. I worked independently with minimal supervision.
Pros
Gained experience
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Recovery Resources. Our community is ready to answer.

Recovery Resources Reviews by Location