Red Bull

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 258 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,277 reviews
redredbullbrandrbdceventmarketingsaleroute

Merchandising job is good for college students

To start, Red Bull Distribution is a great company. I worked part-time as a Merchandiser. I loved the position, and started in it while going to college. It offers a lot of freedom and trust, and the training ensures you'll feel comfortable out on your own. I can not speak for all management, but my Merchandising Manager was a great person and always looked out for his Merchandisers.No job is perfect so here are the cons I ran into. After I was out of school I had no opportunity for going full-time and extremely limited growth opportunity. To be fair I think the area I am located played a role in the lack of opportunities. The biggest issue I personally had was compensation, I did not feel it was comparable to similar companies. The reason I say so is due to driving cost, as a Merchandiser you use your personal vehicle. You get mileage reimbursement, but that does not cover distance to work locations or wear and tear on your vehicle. Other than those few reasons, the company is wonderful to work for, and to my knowledge, the full-time benefits are great.If I was offered a little more pay and a work vehicle, I'd absolutely work for them again.

Inept

Red Bull values antiquated views on masculinity and is without a doubt "bro" culture. ASMs make a million in sales and make around $50K a year. Just laughable and they have you on salary so expect to work long hours.

Red Bull insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

place

I was okay until they took overtime away once they did that i did not want to work there anymore and management is horrible too. Need to give more raises

Great Benefits Bad Management

Great Benefits , Pays Well , must be able to juggle three - four jobs internally. Salesman, driver, inventory control, merchandiser and store auditor.

Great atmosphere

Great place to work. Good schedule and pay. Cool workers. Bosses are awesome. Love being in the field. Brand loyalty is a must. Long term future here

RBDC: A young company with lots of kinks to iron out.

Red Bull Distribution Company (a division of RBNA, and nothing like it) is a young company run by inexperienced and immature people for the most part. There are a few good apples but overall they have a lot to learn from their bigger beverage brothers at Pepsi and Coke. Speaking purely of management by the way. Some of the worst I’ve seen. The associates however, are some of the hardest working, ambitious, downright coolest people I’ve worked with. Always some friendly competition to make the job a little more fun. The job itself (ASM) is a decent job and pretty fun and easy overall. Management expects you to sell A LOT OF S**T. The benefits could be better and the pay is about where you’d expect for such a job. I would recommend this job to someone younger, that’s just the atmosphere. Not a lot of long tenured guys there, just saying. High turnover. Good way to get started in sales or delivery.

Great benefits, low pay, poor management

From a company standpoint the benefits package was second to none. Very affordable and great coverage. The DC that I worked out of didn’t have strong leadership which lead to extra hours and stress. It is a physically demanding job, but I didn’t mind that part. If you are not a morning person than I wouldn’t recommend working on the sales side. Trucks leave at 5:30am everyday and you work until your route is completed. Operations has its perks but if you end up as a warehouse manager you will be loading trucks by yourself if you work out of a smaller profit center. Operations is very demanding physically. I was working 50-60 hours a week with little to no work life balance.

Just horrible

An absolute flaming dumpster of a company.The kind of place that starts you out at the absolute bottom of the pay scale, then gives you a 4¢ an hour raise every year.And don't get me started on management....Look elsewhere.

This is the job for you if you don’t have a family.

If you have a family, you will spend more time on the road and in stores than you will with your family. You don’t work an 8 hour shift. You work 5:30am until you get done, and that could be 5:30-6:00pm. You don’t get paid for over 8 hours. If you hit your KPI for the month, you could get paid a decent commission, but if you have any product shortages, in an area that doesn’t have large chain accounts, commission is not guaranteed.

Pros

Commission if you hit your goal. Free red bull

Cons

Management. Work-life balance.

Solid base salary with good commission opportunity, the main company does a lot for their employees and makes them feel appreciated. Local management could be better, minimal assistance and presence in general.

No work life balance. Redbull IS your family now.

Former ASM here. Overall the job sounds great at first, right? They'll pull you in as a sales trainee and at first everything is rocking. You're making fat cash, cause you're being paid hourly and all that overtime you're being made to work is adding up, right? Boom. They "promote" you to an ASM. Bye bye hourly pay. Welcome to salary. We are going to knock off all that overtime as well. Oh but you still gotta work those hours. 80 hours a week sometimes. But you will never be paid for a single hour over 40. And you're "not allowed" to come back until every single stop has been hit. Sometimes up to 20 stops a day. Each stop taking anywhere from 45-60 minutes... Yeah, have fun doing that math. And if you miss any stops at all, the management starts passive aggressively screaming at you through text messages all whilst delivering write ups in the same manner that chuck Norris would deliver roundhouse kicks. Absolutely zero work life balance and management did nothing to help us improve aside from constantly criticizing everyone. You can't be the number 1 distribution company, unless you're also the number 1 distribution company to work for.

Pros

There's a candy bowl I guess

Cons

Long hours, zero breaks, bad management, horrible routing

Okay place.

Was great when I started but has slowly become what most jobs are like with slightly better benefits. Unless you are willingly to drive the truck the odds of you advancing seem low. And there are a limited number of distribution locations compared to any other. I think we are in the mid 40s across all of North America. Whereas Pepsi, Polar or coke has their own employees in all markets.

Overworked and underpaid

The job itself isn’t too bad but the long hours gradually add up over time. You meet a lot of great people and everyone that works there is great but it is and extremely tiring job

Fun to work,great support from dm

It’s fun to work, specially dealing with customers. Such as promotion , to get extra displace increase sales.It’s fun to drive store to store.Doesn’t have to stuck in the building.They have pretty good benefits.Such as health insurance,dental insurance,paid vacation, 5 days paid sick day.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

Flexible working time

Great Company with Lofty Goals

This company has high aspirations and puts plans in place to achieve them. Is it a grind? Absolutely! It's also a company that wants to promote from within. Work place culture depends on what area you're in and who your leaders are. Decent salary with great benefits.

Micromanaged and disappointments

This place is on a high horse and theres 0 room for advancement. Being the first redbull loggerhouse like they praise, they hired terrible first shift ops who have no game plan for this warehouse. Its full of pettiness and lies which created a uncomfortable environment. Im glad i left when i could, its not worth the time and effort to move up here! Beware everyone and goodluck.

Pros

Technology, free redbulls

Cons

Exhausting and production to high

To any stops in a day for what they want u to do correctly. No work/ home balance. Can’t take off for anything, And if u do the supervisor is calling u and texting you all day on your day off. The benefits they give you, you don’t have a chance to use cause they won’t let u off for appointments.

Don’t work here

The worst company to work for. They will burn you to the ground. It’s never enough for them. Monday-Friday from 5am to like 6 or 7 pm. Great benefits.

advancement opportunities are not existent

Horrible career advancement opportunities. Amazing company overall, fantastic staff, and benefits. There is a lot of energy and the company makes a great effort in making you feel included. However, to move along or up, there is very limited flexibility.

Pros

Fantastic culture

Cons

Career advancement

Fun college job

Pay is subpar but it’s a fun job. Lots of freedom to do your own thing. Don’t get a lot of hours, 29 max per week. Management is super hands off, which is good and bad.

Fun environment with a brutal work load

Fun environment and fun people to work with, a lot of incentives and fun team building prior to Covid however the work load heavily outweighs the occasional free lunch and poker nights. Expected to manage the sales, distribution, rotation etc. in about 20-25 stops per day with little to no help from management. As an ASM you’ll be doing 3 jobs in 1 for less pay than similar companies, however you will have small incentives to help get you through your 60 hour work weeks on salary.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Bull. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.5Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Red Bull with

Red Bull reviews by popular job title

• Red Bull