Red Classic Transit Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Okay but stressful
Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCJuly 16, 2018
Telephones ring constantly which made the job real stressful. Drivers come in the office daily. Enter trip sheets on a daily basics and worked every Sunday.
Pros
flexible
Cons
telephones
A great place to work!
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 23, 2018
They have taken care of me when I had problems at home, as I take care of the company when I'm at work.
Courteous with the customers, professional attitude and dress, and being on time safely with loads.

You get what you put into it.

It's a team effort, and the rewards are worth it.
Pros
Southeast area, drop and hook, and great equipment.
Cons
Communications with night dispatch.
Safety comes LAST!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 26, 2018
This company preaches safety and the motto is even “Safety Comes First” which is so far off. They except you to know things without any training and then punish you when you do something wrong that you weren’t trained on. They blame everything on the drivers. Pay a joke of a “safety componanent” pay every quarter. The problem here is if you hiccup or get a warning ticket for something with equipment you lose upwards of $1500 when it wasn’t your fault. People damage equipment but won’t say anything because they don’t want to lose this pay. If you paid your drivers more and dropped this joke you might see better results from your drivers. Pays zip code to zip code regardless so miles aren’t accurate 8 out of 10 times. Has a “safety meeting” monthly which is really a whine and complain meeting where the drivers all voice their opinions mostly about pay and nothing happens with any of it. The safety issues that are brought to managements attention are not addressed. If you look around there is a reason why there are always so many ads for this company hiring drivers. Slowing becoming a joke in the industry and becoming known to be like the big “S” five letter word company. And forget planning anything while employed here because next thing you know your 4th or 5th day into the work week you find out yet again you will be working a 6th.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Management arrogant and condescending, not driver friendly, not everyone treated the same, benefits slowly declining, forget home/work balance
Not enough family time
Driver (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAApril 13, 2018
Family means a lot to me only getting one day off being forced to work 6 days after awhile is tuff. 1 Saturday a month is ok but other than everything else. Pay is ok don’t always get paid for what you do. Pay zip code to zip code
Pros
Good vacation time
Cons
To many 6 day work weeks
Don't work in the dispatch office
Transportation Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 30, 2017
The dispatcher talks trash about me for being fat while I'm in the room, when the bosses are feeding us all the time and pressuring us to eat. People who have cheap cars get made fun of. We're scheduled for 10 hour shifts and discouraged from taking a lunch. I have spent several lunches sitting in my car crying because the job is intolerable, but I can't afford to be unemployed.
Pros
It's income
Cons
Everything about the culture
Payroll is horrible, shortages all the time!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Skyland, NCNovember 13, 2017
I worked for this company 2.5 yrs. During the summer you WILL work 60-70 hrs a week. You really have to watch your paycheck, They will try to short you. Don't get involved in a accident of any kind or your GONE. Mgmt. acts like they care about you but they don't, all you are is a number and a potential liability.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
They change your run during your shift, causing payroll shortages.
Fast pace
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 17, 2017
A typical work consist of delivering products to different customers working about 12 hours a day. The hardest part of the job is dealing with dispatch
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Working six days
Good ppl
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2017
Excellent dispatching. Very smoothe and weeks ahead of schedule, very professional atmosphere. A very powerful company, the type of power that puts you at the front of the Line with 95% of its customers. I can respect that.
Pros
Plenty of freight and a very well respected co. Powerful
Cons
Didn't help you with repairs when it comes to your truck.
Nice work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 29, 2017
Owner operator company decent pay can be better on home time try to keep drivers moving was not a bad place to work would have stayed if had had truck problems
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Fast pace
Good Job
TRUCK DRIVER, LOCAL P&D (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNAugust 8, 2017
New Company with lots to learn still ... Over all is a good place to work... a big down fall is , a lot the management come from route sales , so they have no clue how to manage local P&D ...
Pros
good pay
Cons
no home life, rules change daly
Good place to work. Great coworkers.
Mobile Fleet Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Sylvester, GAJuly 25, 2017
Plenty of work to do. Maintain trucks, trailers, forklifts, and pallet jacks. Never boring because every day it's a different type of equipment. I learned a lot about material handling equipment and cargo liftgates on trailers. Good place to expand your skill set.
Pros
Great supervisor. Flexible scheduling.
Fast paced and can be stressful
ASSISTANT DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Bishopville, SCMay 31, 2017
Need to have better communication and management skills. This would greatly improve the company overall. Need to do a better job of holding everyone accountable in all aspects of the company. I strongly believe in a team atmosphere and this is not promoted.
Horrible Management, No job security, Terrible pay
Diesel Mechanic {Former Employee} (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Terrible ran shop from top to bottom! Very sloppy ! No respect for employees! You are absolutely disposable! No job security! Pay is horrible! Management has no clue how to run the business! Increase in pay is far from the truth . They get rid of employees before you have the opportunity to advance. This shop is a revolving door for Tech's ! I've seen 7 people come and go while working here in a year time. You'll work on company trucks as well as the owner operator while they making delivery to the dock engine hot with no more money to you.
Pros
Great Learning Experience
Cons
Horrible Management, No job security, Terrible pay, Holidays work
Productive environment
Assistant Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bishopville, SCJune 24, 2016
Most days are busy with assisting drivers. Must be good at multi-tasking. It also helps to be friendly and have a positive attitude as you are dealing with different individuals and multiple personalities.
Easy Job but very unorganized
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 21, 2016
I am currently a driver in charlotte, I have to admit this is probably the easiest job I ever had, actually to easy!! Very relaxed work place, come to work get your load assignment and leave.. when you get your deliveries off you just come back and go home.. ONLY THING BAD IS THE PAYROLL DEPARTMENT!! there are constantly mistakes made on your check EVERYWEEK!!!!!! and I mean everyweek! So if you can put up with your check being messed up everyweek and get the O'l saying we"ll put it on next weeks check I guess it aint that bad.... But who can afford to do that!
Pros
new equipment, all drop and hook
Cons
worst payroll dept EVER!
Okay job but a little disorganized
Driver (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2015
Enjoyed the job but has a few issues in the front office that can make life miserable. Payroll mistakes and dispatch are the biggest hiccups.
Pros
good pay
Cons
disorganized, payroll errors
A good owner operator job
owner operator (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 15, 2015
I love it. They keep you running good. Paid for loaded and unloaded miles. I love the company. Everyone is nice, treated with respect.
Pros
Lots of miles
Lots of changes coming
Transport driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 31, 2013
Red Classic is a subsidiary of Coca Cola bottling consolidated. That said the personnel at the Coca Cola facilities treat you like you are not an employee of the Coca Cola company. They treat you like an outside carrier. For instance when you arrive at the branches to deliver they won't let you inside to use the restroom. Management in Charlotte for RCT are very nice. It is a very easy job. You hook up your loaded trailer at the production facilities, or once in a blue moon double trailer sets, and deliver to the branches. It is all drop and hook with only live loading on a backhaul. It is pay by the mile system, and you are paid very little for actually waiting to get loaded. It is a slip seat operation so you may find yourself waiting for a truck and not getting to start on time. You will usually gross around $900 to $1,000 a week. Benefits when I worked there were pretty good and mostly affordable for family coverage. They were undergoing a lot of changes when I was there and some days we were called to sit at home. They want to be a common carrier and run like other companies (e.g. G&P trucking) They were bringing sleeper cabs on board and I wanted no part of it so I left.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lot of changes