RED Digital Cinema Employee Reviews

It was nice
QA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2018
I enjoyed working there. The hours were long and never on a consistent schedule. Also working weekends on a consistent basis was not fun. However, the people were fun to work with.
Great teammates, not great management
NA (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 3, 2018
Look, I had a great time working at RDC. My coworkers and my clients/customers were some of the greatest people I've ever met and worked with. My workload was never too much for me and I kept asking for more things to do, to which I passed and conquered all of them with flying colors. I came to work happy every single day and I thought I was going to be there for much longer than I was.
I guess the higher-ups didn't understand how much work I did. I mean, how could they? They were in meetings literally every single day and so it's no surprise how they didn't see how much work we actually did. And on top of that, when we were brought into meetings, we had duties given to us which were things we were already doing (they probably didn't know, which was also no surprise).

Anyways, I'm glad I'm gone, onto the next!
Good place to work but not get Apprciated
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 16, 2018
It's a great place to work .Coeorkers are great but the management there as to be more open to there employers ideas and are able to appreciate the hard work and dedication they put in.
Extremely poor managament
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 8, 2018
Management by intimidation and harassment
Humiliate workers in front of peers.
HR intimidation
No culture.
Managers gave special treatment to their friends and
humiliated and harassed all other workers
I can't believe I stayed there that long-But I needed to work
Pros
No pros
Cons
constant harassment and intimidation by management
Constant changes
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 30, 2018
Fast paced, lots of changes always going on. Great team environment, but management doesn't listen. There are alot of hard workers there, but can't keep up with all the constant changes.
Pros
Team mates
Cons
management doesn't listen when there are valid issues
Productive and fun
Production Line Assembler (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 3, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that it consisted of many hours of overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and having free water and coffee available.
Great experience but.
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 22, 2017
I loved working there but management was way off to move up or better position you had to be a brown nose people where leads of department's that didn't even know why they where doing. I worked different departments learned new jobs there and didn't get paid enough to do all those jobs
Pros
Superviser was great. Great experience
Cons
Work hours never set mandatory saturdays
Productive and sometimes stressful
Department Lead (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 5, 2017
Most days a lot of work to get done. I learned so many things about the company's leadership role, about the people and products. The best part of working with this company was the employees, very cool group of people.
Pros
friendly coworkers
Cons
stressful
Fun enviorment
RMA Tech, Module Repair (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 19, 2017
Loved working in the RMA lab at RED. Always busy repairing customers products was fun and a good challenge. Got grate experience from good helpful people.
Pros
fun job
Good environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 8, 2017
It's a cool job for the most part. It's local for me, people are nice, management is good. Sometimes they're houses where you wouldn't even expect to look how they do on the inside! It's fun.
Fun workplace with some really great coworkers
BOMB SQUAD Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 2, 2015
Overall I thought the job was alright. I worked in sales and was able to learn a lot about customer service in an entertainment field. However, policies and procedures were always changing and office politics started to become unbearable. I have a lot of great friends who still work there and I appreciate the time I had at RED.
Pros
Free bagels on Thursdays
Cons
Disorganized management
Red Digital
Director, Marketing & Events (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 20, 2014
Red is a great company with lots of wonderful people and management. The company is growing everyday and making big strides in the industry.
Pros
Location, pride in the company. Free Drinks and dogs in the office
Cons
Growing pains as it is moving fast
Fun work environment with casual dress and ability to bring dogs to office
Sales Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CaApril 11, 2014
A typical day involves pulling data reports from SAP Business Objects, Microsoft AX and analyzing and formatting in Microsoft Excel. There are always dogs in the office which helps create a relaxed work environment. I have learned a great deal about the manufacturing process and operations as well as statistical data analysis for reporting and forecasting. The management is not very upfront and transparrent with updating the team on new items or business plans. The co-workers help create a very friendly, family-like environment. My favorite part of the job is telling people that blockbuster movies were shot on RED cameras. I also really like that I can play soccer at lunch.
Pros
Ability to play sports (basketball, soccer) during lunch, fun environment
Cons
Poor compensation, growth path, lack of communication from management
Was great, not anymore
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 11, 2014
RED used to be amazing to work at. The environment was awesome but management has changed and employee well being seems to be at the bottom of the priority list.
Nice concept of employment
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Nice place to work if you can put up with the politics in the management realm. There quick to make up reasons on why they should fire people.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
there not accountable for there devious employees
Lack of vision from the Top Management
Engineering Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 27, 2013
- Lesson learned: I should not join this company, it was a waste of time.
- Unrealistic expectations from the Top Managment push the Project Management Team to commit to impossible timelines.
- Great co-workers, perhaps the best of this company.
Productive work place and also a fun place.
Purchasing Agent MRO Buyer/Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 22, 2013
I worked at RED for 6 years. I moved up in the company and gained lots of experience. Managers do not micro manage and trust their employees to finish their duties. Very enjoyable work place that takes care of their workers.
Pros
Free drinks (Sodas, juices, power drinks)
Cons
Company changing to more corporate work environment.
fun work place
Quality Assurance/Warranty Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 1, 2013
a typical day at work is to keep all my reports up to date for direct manager.
I have learned to communicate with a lot of different departments and act as a liaison for my department.
management is not very structured for my department due to it's still a fairly new company and a lot of procedure is still work in process.
Hardest part for me would be working with the work in process ERP that the company is using. A lot of reports are still being developed by IT. In a way it allows me to problem solve and generate my personal reports via excel.
Pros
casual dress code
Cons
lack of structure
Productive and enjoyable.
Laser Engraver Operator/Programmer (Former Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAMay 16, 2012
Current duties include sole responsibility for programming and operation of the Company’s computer-controlled laser engraving machine, in support of its professional cinema camera production line. Production line and related programming activities include creation of operational sequences utilizing CAD software, primarily for use with laser etching of bar codes, logos, and other graphics on finished cameras coming off the production line. Other programming responsibilities include certain re-work, repair and other one-time customization projects as requested by direct supervisors and members of executive management. Operator responsibilities require the highest level of attention to detail and, due to the high value of the cameras and the cost of re-work, a zero percent error rate is expected. Also leading ongoing training and supervision of new operator.