Red Hat Employee Reviews
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA8 reviews
Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 259 reviews
Indeed Featured review
The most useful review selected by Indeed
Overall the company and people great. The management is lacking along with work life balance for consultants who are traveling each week. Management in consulting are more concerned with making sales then what the clients actually need to be doing in terms of moving their infrastructure forward. Newer products are great but most clients are not at the point that they are ready for them. While that being said management expects us to push them regardless of a clients state of readiness.
A typical day at work would start with prioritizing the requirements for the day and address any hot issues. I would learn how to address any problem/task, and come up with a way to resolved the situation with as less business impact as possible. Management was also challenge depending on who your dealing with. The hardest part of the job would balance company needs against Industry policy. The most enjoyable part of the job I would have say the people.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Standard software development work, but the culture is great for a major software company. It's not Google, of course - there were no swimming pools or game rooms in the office - but this didn't keep the office atmosphere from being full of energy and enthusiasm for the work the company does. In addition, you were able to define how you wanted to advance in your position - if there was an aspect of the project that you wanted to focus on more, you were allowed to do so.
See more jobs
Jobs at Red Hat
See more Red Hat reviews
You may want to try:
Want to know more about working here?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hat. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 259 reviews
Ratings by category
50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men
46%would recommend to other women
Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.
Questions about Red Hat
- What is Red Hat sick leave policy? How many sick days do you get per year?6 people answered
- What is the vacation policy like at Red Hat? How many vacation days do you get per year?4 people answered
- What is the best part of working at Red Hat?3 people answered
- What benefits does Red Hat offer?3 people answered
- What is the most stressful part about working at Red Hat?2 people answered
- If you were to leave Red Hat, what would be the reason?2 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Red Hat?2 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Red Hat?2 people answered
- How many PTO and sick days a year2 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Red Hat?2 people answered
See all questions and answers