Red Hat Employee Reviews

Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 12, 2019
Red Hat is about culture, the culture fit is as important as the job fit. If you fit the culture, you'll thrive. If not, you will not last long. Great company culture
great place to work
CREW SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 4, 2019
great place to work just crazy hours of work not a paper balance with life afterwork, time will change between days and nights day by day got me sick had to look for something different
Pros
great pay
Cons
rush environment
Known for Open Culture
Manager , Enterprise Data and Analytics (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 30, 2019
Enjoyed open culture and focus on customers. Enjoyed ability to work cross-functionally and change jobs laterally and horizontally. Valued the company's focus on Diversity and Inclusion,
Tech Intern (Current Employee) –  Westford, MAJanuary 14, 2019
I worked at Red Hat during the summer in an internship role. I mainly worked with front-end technologies, but wish I got more work at times. Overall a good experience and fun place to work at.
Artig og skiftende arbeid
Manager, Exam Delivery and Support (Current Employee) –  McLean, VA, USAJanuary 9, 2019
Red Hat har et dynamisk arbeidsmiljoe. Det er allltid skiftende, og der gjoer det interessant, for det er alltid noe nytt aa laere.
Great place to work overall
Instr. Designer/Dev. & Learning Prod. Designer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2019
Red Hat is a great place to work where diversity is valued and employees are rewarded profusely for their effort. Culture is King at Red Hat - but sometimes gets in the way of innovation.
Great Culture!
Senior Technical Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 30, 2018
The best part of Red Hat is the people. The culture is work hard play hard, casual dress in the office. I worked remotely as a TAM and the travel was about 15%. There are so many training opportunities.
Great Place to Work
Global Channel Partner Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 20, 2018
I was a contract employee but enjoyed every minute of working at Red Hat. The culture was great and management really took the time to care about their employees.
Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westford, MADecember 13, 2018
Good place to work, unique culture and people. Open source software, lots of freedom to choose how you work (depending on department), except if you work for IT
Pros
Fun work activities, good people
Cons
Acquired by IBM
I miss my cooworkers
Principal QE engineer/Project lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
Red Hat was one of my favorite company i ever worked for. I was working remotely too so that worked out well. I worked with great, smart, friendly and hard worker team. I will miss them a lot.
Productive and a fun workplace
Networking Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 13, 2018
Lots of technologies and products to learn about and get familiarized with. My mentor was really enthusiastic and wanted me to pick up on expectations. I gained proficiency in Python, Git, GitHub, shell scripting and some networking tools like OVS, DPDK, LNST.
Supporting everything
Technical Team Lead / CLT Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
This job isn't just end-user support. I spend my day supervising our provisioning and life cycle of laptops for the company, loaner hardware, a walk up support desk, corporate leadership support team, and field support services.
Pros
Cons
Politics
Becoming very corporate
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2018
Less of the freedom loving open source mentality and more of the middle micro management from new outside people managers. Recent IBM acquisition does not sit well with many. New hires have gone down in quality and individual contributors fail upward once a project fails and there is nowhere to put them.
Cons
Middle Management
Good culture, great place to work but changing
Senior QE Engineer (Current Employee) –  Remote from MassOctober 19, 2018
Good culture and a great place to work, but the work environment is changing. Do your due diligence. They are open source, almost militantly so and they do not suffer people who do not subscribe to the open source model.
Fun Non profit
Co-Queen (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 13, 2018
Social gathering for ladies over 50, not a paid job. It was strictly volunteer and no restrictions as to time donated. Various community oriented functions.
Pros
fun
Interesting company
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2018
Culturally, it is a bit of a cult. You are either for open source or not. It has softened in the past several years, but still a staple of the culture. Pay is competitive, still the opportunity to make your job what you want to make it. Management is spotty.
Pros
Flexible work environment, Work from home opportunities
Cons
Mgmt/Leadership is gaps
Great Culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
High stressed job with very demanding tasks. Work vs meetings schedule does not allow you to fully focus on day to day functions. A very high learning environment.
just like the 2 bit companies that look at for themselves only
Systems Administrator, Encode (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2018
Red Hat has fat contracts and making money, lots of it, but in the end is poorly managed just like everyone else. It is too bad that Red Hat is not aware of the damage they are doing to themselves.
Unix, Linux
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73112July 14, 2018
Open source, enterprise release, the environment can be locked down, stable, utilization of hardware resources are very well utilized. I have a flavor of open source Linux for my primary OS at home.
Pros
Stable
Great place to work!
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJuly 4, 2018
Lots of freedom to do your job. Lots of emphasis on open source and collaborating with the open source community. Strong communication skills a must as you generally work with people in multiple time zones.
Pros
Very casual, open environment
Cons
Compensation is not as good as other companies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hat. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

38%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss