Red Hat Employee Reviews

Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westford, MADecember 13, 2018
Good place to work, unique culture and people. Open source software, lots of freedom to choose how you work (depending on department), except if you work for IT
Pros
Fun work activities, good people
Cons
Acquired by IBM
I miss my cooworkers
Principal QE engineer/Project lead (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 10, 2018
Red Hat was one of my favorite company i ever worked for. I was working remotely too so that worked out well. I worked with great, smart, friendly and hard worker team. I will miss them a lot.
Productive and a fun workplace
Networking Services Intern (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 13, 2018
Lots of technologies and products to learn about and get familiarized with. My mentor was really enthusiastic and wanted me to pick up on expectations. I gained proficiency in Python, Git, GitHub, shell scripting and some networking tools like OVS, DPDK, LNST.
Supporting everything
Technical Team Lead / CLT Support Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 6, 2018
This job isn't just end-user support. I spend my day supervising our provisioning and life cycle of laptops for the company, loaner hardware, a walk up support desk, corporate leadership support team, and field support services.
Pros
Cons
Politics
Becoming very corporate
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2018
Less of the freedom loving open source mentality and more of the middle micro management from new outside people managers. Recent IBM acquisition does not sit well with many. New hires have gone down in quality and individual contributors fail upward once a project fails and there is nowhere to put them.
Cons
Middle Management
Good culture, great place to work but changing
Senior QE Engineer (Current Employee) –  Remote from MassOctober 19, 2018
Good culture and a great place to work, but the work environment is changing. Do your due diligence. They are open source, almost militantly so and they do not suffer people who do not subscribe to the open source model.
Fun Non profit
Co-Queen (Former Employee) –  Gary, INSeptember 13, 2018
Social gathering for ladies over 50, not a paid job. It was strictly volunteer and no restrictions as to time donated. Various community oriented functions.
Pros
fun
Interesting company
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2018
Culturally, it is a bit of a cult. You are either for open source or not. It has softened in the past several years, but still a staple of the culture. Pay is competitive, still the opportunity to make your job what you want to make it. Management is spotty.
Pros
Flexible work environment, Work from home opportunities
Cons
Mgmt/Leadership is gaps
Great Culture
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
High stressed job with very demanding tasks. Work vs meetings schedule does not allow you to fully focus on day to day functions. A very high learning environment.
just like the 2 bit companies that look at for themselves only
Systems Administrator, Encode (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 15, 2018
Red Hat has fat contracts and making money, lots of it, but in the end is poorly managed just like everyone else. It is too bad that Red Hat is not aware of the damage they are doing to themselves.
Unix, Linux
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73112July 14, 2018
Open source, enterprise release, the environment can be locked down, stable, utilization of hardware resources are very well utilized. I have a flavor of open source Linux for my primary OS at home.
Pros
Stable
Great place to work!
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAJuly 4, 2018
Lots of freedom to do your job. Lots of emphasis on open source and collaborating with the open source community. Strong communication skills a must as you generally work with people in multiple time zones.
Pros
Very casual, open environment
Cons
Compensation is not as good as other companies
Great Company with a relaxed work culture
Business Process Analyst Intern (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJune 28, 2018
Highly dependable and smart employees. A fun place to work at which is very relaxed. Flexibility to work from anywhere as long as the work is done. Very supportive managers and leaders who take an actual interest in your career and the path you want to take professionally.
Pros
Free snacks
Good company
Manager (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsJune 13, 2018
Good place to work as an engineer. Difficult as a manager sometimes to apply discipline. Very associate focused company and corporate culture. Very good benefits
Benefits
Senior Consultant Public Sector (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAMay 26, 2018
Have great benefits. From Life insurance to Lawyer services and Employ Stock Sharing.
Work with some of the smartest people in the field and have endless opportunities for advancement.
Loved my time at Red Hat
Help Desk Engineer and Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2018
Great company to work at. Co-workers are all motived to get problems solved as quickly as possible so they don't re-occur. I would definitely love to work there again.
Productive and smart people
Frontline Technical Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
I had some of my qualms there. But all in all it seems like a good place to grow in a startup culture. There are different people who work on different things and you just have to network to find out who are working on your same projects and have your same background.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Snacks
Awesome Culture and challenging work
Senior IT Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 10, 2018
I like the culture and open source. The work environment is fast paced and challenging. Lot of opportunities to work in new technology and learning new skills
Productive and fun working place (games and gym)
IT Service Desk Analyst (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Red Hat is a Linux Open Source environment.

You can learn a great deal there if you've never used the Linux operating system.

The people there are very knowledgeable, open to suggestions, informative and inviting.

The culture is not only to work and share experiencing among others, but to also bond with the community and give back.

Some days can be stressful, however if you're working with the right team, your coworkers will always be available to assist you.

I wished my position, wasn't a contractual one.
I really liked it there.
Good company, best days are behind it (?)
Senior Inside Commercial Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 11, 2018
Positives

Stable at the very top (C-level) Impressive CEO
Very good job security, financial stability, conservative/risk adverse
Excellent benefits
Thought-leadership on some technologies
Pros
Great company
Cons
Mixed mobility; Under-trained management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hat. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

2.8Fairygodboss Score

20%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

33%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss