Red Hat logo

Red Hat Culture reviews

Clear
Work-Life Balance

Good place to be

very fun and loving people. They are like family and create a working environment where team and and mutual respect is the order of the day. This creates an atmosphere of learning and professional advancement.

Not the shiny penny as advertised

The culture here is terrible. Cowardly people that cant’t look you in the eye, and are fibbers. Mistakes are not forgiven, only held against you to punish you over and over. Management style is not to coach, only to jump out and punish. What a horrible experience.

Benefits

Cons

Management, poor work life balance, to much conflict, HR department, high turn over

OK pay, good benefits, not great culture

The role was not as described and the team was not very welcoming. There is a culture of bullying at Red Hat that was disturbing. And there was no process to handle bullying. The problem is lack of oversight over individual teams.

Pros

remote work

Supportive Culture

I would not believe there exists such a company like Redhat, or should I say I just belong here? I always feel I am learning new things and excel at my work. Supportive culture, great pay, great people.

Great experience -permanent or temporary

Work-life balanceTeam setting very helpful.Pay & benefitsContracting through a third party and their benefits were solid.Job security and advancementAs a contractor I felt the need to work harder to keep my advancement and contract renewed every 3 months. Enjoyed the team culture and learned so much about agile methods.ManagementAlways difficult as a contractor but manager, director, and executive team were supportive.CultureTeams worked across department via workshops to help improve collaboration and knowledge sharing across teams. I most liked the collaborative and transparent team culture there.OverallLike living in a big city such as New York, SFO, Boston, Philly, DC - was an amazing experience that I will never forget. Highly recommend working there in any capacity rather full-time or part time. The team Agile dynamics there were the best I have experienced anywhere. INVEST model for user stories was a core takeaway.

The original open source company

Though many companies now open source their products, Red Hat is the pioneer at making open source a viable business model and truly integrating it's principals into all aspects of the business. Though this can in some ways slow things down when we must openly debate ideas, seek feedback, etc. I would not trade that for the top-down decision making approach I see at many other companies. After 11 years at Red Hat I still feel challenged by the work and excited about our future. It is not exactly the same now that we are owned by IBM however I must say both companies are doing a great job keeping Red Hat independent and not erasing the value that IBM sought in Red Hat's culture and business model.

Pros

work/life balance, culture

Cons

Own your own career approach to advancement

Na

In red hat coworkers are been respectful, always willing to learn and to teach . Great team work . Focus and determine to achieve their golds . No racism

Productive and Fun Atmosphere - Cool Work space

Great place to work! Work/Life Balance is great! I learned a lot in this position. Great culture and they really value all input! Great place to work!

Opportunity for exposure to emerging software technology

As an account manager for Red Hat, you have the opportunity to work with customers in helping them achieve efficiency and scalability within their IT environment. RH offers customers effective emerging technology solutions in their DevOps, automation and cloud needs. There is an open source culture which transcends within the organization. However, there are times when progression or career mobility is limited due to being in a remote office.

Good place to work depending on your role

I enjoyed the first few years, however it is unclear how the acquisition bu IBM will impact company culture. The company provides great technology based on community development model.

Pros

Ability to work remotely. Knowledgable coworkers.

Cons

Management is weak and disengaged.

Jobs at Red Hat

See more jobs

good place and people to work with.

Good team members, loving people, fun place I call my home. Every body have one main goal to achieve at the end of the day. They should Just keep up the good job.

Fun Place to Work very Inclusive of Culture

My time as an Intern was phenomenal in Summer 2019! Red Hat is rated top 15 places to work. Everyone has great energy and are a very inclusive workplace for all cultures, great community service, flexible work hours, come as you are and wear what you want to wear, as long as it appropriate and it located in a great downtown area. The employees' energy here was always welcoming and friendly across all departments including the CEO, CIO, and CFO!

Great people, large-scale enterprise culture

It's hard to say what impact the impending acquisition by IBM will have on Red Hat. There are many great, hard-working people within the company. That said, it definitely has more of a large-scale enterprise culture (red tape, politics) than I had expected.

fast paced different company

fast paced company where employees are often free to develop their positions and future. Management is another thing though, petty infighting and egos are beginning to become the norm. We'll see what IBM does to the culture

Red Hat Embraces the Culture and The People of the Org

Red Hat continues to be a leader in Open Source Communities, but even more importantly, a leader in embracing its people and culture. I would recommend Red Hat to anyone that is looking to join an organization where the people are the most valuable asset.

Wonderful

Red Hat is a great company and is worth a lot of money. $34B to IBM to be exact. It has a wonderful culture of collaboration and transparency that has been difficult to maintain as more employees are hired.

Pros

culture

Cons

growth

Red Hat is about culture, the culture fit is as important as the job fit. If you fit the culture, you'll thrive. If not, you will not last long. Great company culture

Known for Open Culture

Enjoyed open culture and focus on customers. Enjoyed ability to work cross-functionally and change jobs laterally and horizontally. Valued the company's focus on Diversity and Inclusion,

Great place to work overall

Red Hat is a great place to work where diversity is valued and employees are rewarded profusely for their effort. Culture is King at Red Hat - but sometimes gets in the way of innovation.

Great Culture!

The best part of Red Hat is the people. The culture is work hard play hard, casual dress in the office. I worked remotely as a TAM and the travel was about 15%. There are so many training opportunities.

Great Place to Work

I was a contract employee but enjoyed every minute of working at Red Hat. The culture was great and management really took the time to care about their employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Hat. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
2.8Career Opportunities
3.4Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight