Red Hawk Fire & Security Employee Reviews

Stressful
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, MA 01085September 23, 2018
Very stressful environment. Manager not suited for position.Not provided with the manpower necessary to do the job that needed to be done. Management stretched too thin.
Fun work place
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2018
family oriented work place. We often have potlucks and periodically have team building activities. Flexible work hours and no overtime available. off weekends
The management was the best part of the job
Fire Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2018
Red Hawk bought out DFP and the management was the best part about working for the company. A typical day of work was services Fire/Alarm Safety devices in high rise buildings.
Pros
company car & benefits
Cons
short breaks
Poor Management
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYMarch 28, 2018
When I first went I followed a very experience GM to work for this company. Upon his departure the culture and senior management returned to a very abusive environment.
Good work environment
Administrative-support (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 24, 2018
Upscale office, great hours, good people . Red Hawk Fire and Security was a pretty good place to work for. The pay was nice, and the culture of people was great.
Pros
Hours, plenty of room for growth, upscale clean facility
Cons
Stressful environment
Nepotism at its finest
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 19, 2018
Management is not involved and is lax. In this office there are employees who do the bare minimum and others who get dumped on. I, unfortunately was a worker and did above and beyond on a daily basis and was continually given more responsibilities. Nepotism reigns supreme here. The Wall, NJ office has A LOT of related employees and they hire their friends and neighbors. If you are not "one of them" expect to be spoken to in a disrespectful and confrontational manner, particularly by the regional sales manager's wife. Hard work does not pay off here. Speaking only from my personal experience; management will hold you back from advancing within the company if you are doing a good job and working hard. I would highly suggest considering employment elsewhere. Also, the health benefit package is beyond ridiculous. It is difficult to get an appointment and doctors in the plan are limited; and I chose the top plan.
Pros
I found another job!
Cons
Nepotism, disrespect, abuse of power
Best decision I ever made
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  OklahomaFebruary 13, 2018
Moving to Red Hawk has been one of the best decisions I have ever made in my career. The local manager is organized and knows what he is doing. The office staff is knowledgeable and works as a team and does whatever it takes to get the job done the right way. Just a great place to work.
Pros
Work from home, Manager, organized
Cons
Large Corporation, sometimes expectations are high, but not un-achievable
Awful. Please run away from this place - Boca Office
Procurement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLFebruary 10, 2018
I hated working at the Boca office. The accounting supervisor in a an old lady who is extremely rude, with major psychotic and personality issues that needs to be fired before she drives the rest of the employees insane. There is no job security at this place. Employees constantly gossip and are unprofessional. Please do yourself a favor and stay far away from this awful company.
Cons
management
Needs more support staff tio grow and support customers in field
Regional Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 15, 2018
Poor field support. Need to have support staff to support sales and marketing people in the field.
Loss of service technicians delayed getting installations and service completed in a timely manner.
Pros
Independence
Cons
poor field support
Fun and Family Oriented
Administrative Assistant/Coordinator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Beltsville, MDSeptember 18, 2017
good experience, great atmosphere, goof benefits, we were like family. We did monthly potlucks and it was a great company to work for. Overall I was happy
Decline to say
ATM Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Taunton, MASeptember 10, 2017
I decline to review the company and its atmosphere as I would rather prospective employees who apply here make there own educated judgements. This is paramount to any successes
Snakes in the Grass
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAAugust 18, 2017
If you’re looking for something completely stationary then this is perfect.
The management is horrible and the co-workers aren’t as helpful as they’d lead you to believe.

They are cliquey and patronizing.
No real truth for when asking for feedback.
Pros
computer work
Cons
Other employees
alright
Safe & Vault Technician, Locksmith (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAJuly 9, 2017
good place to work for the most part, benefits are okay but not the best.Fairly steady work, decent people to work with, not a lot of perks and wasn't much room for moving forward career wise.
Nice Place to Work, but high stressed
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 10, 2017
Cool people, friendly environment. Keep in mind that in collections it is high stressed. So there will be issues from time to time. But they do give you room to make suggestions to improve efficiency and they try to have team building activities which are always fun and great stress relievers.
Pros
team building contests, gift sharing, free lunches often
Cons
building is in bad shape so if you have respiratory issues it could be an issue
Not one day is the same
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 16, 2017
Learned everything in the field including CCTV, alarm, access control, ATMs, locks/vaults, and other miscellaneous things. Management is great, easy going yet organized. Hardest part of the job is needing to get creative with certain tasks. The most enjoyable part is the people, along with seeing all sorts of different things that many people don't get to see.
Pros
Reasonable schedule, company vehicle.
Cons
Sometimes there are very long hours, but that is always compensated.
Good people in the office
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 14, 2017
The culture is results oriented. The systems are not always the best for producing the most efficient results. More time is spent figuring out the system then actually working with customers.
Big improvements over the last two years
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 18, 2017
The culture of the office is family oriented, hard working, and fair. The management team has been completely upgraded over the past two years and has made it a fun place to work. There's a lot of work, which sometimes requires some overtime, but the pay, benefits, and family culture make up for it.
Pros
Culture, fun place to come to work every day
Cons
None that I can think of
High paced workplace
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Depew, NYMarch 13, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I ordered parts for technicians across New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland.I only lost my job because they lost their largest contact and had to layoff about 50 employees.
Did not provide the tools to be successful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, NYJanuary 13, 2017
Promised one thing but did not have the personnel or tools to be successful. No collateral or list of potential customers provided during the six months I was employed there. Several employees including the service manager quit. There was no collaboration between service, construction and sales. Not a good working environment.
Company sold 4 times while employed. No security
LEAD ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 15, 2016
Typical day was very quiet and long
I would like to work for a smaller company. RH was based out of Florida with braches through out the US
very little interaction with co-workers
being alone all day long
working with our customers