Red Lobster Employee Reviews

51.6K
41.5K
31.1K
Found 4,532 reviews matching the search See all 4,719 reviews
Tips are good most of the time.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 18, 2018
you never really know what time you will get off work at the end of your shift. You can work doubles and get more tips. But the pay is $2.15 an hour... there is really no way to prove your tips did not add up to at least minimum wage so you sometimes work for free after spending gas to get there. Most of the staff is helpful and supportive to each other but some are just mean and not helpful to others at all.. that is the business..
Pros
sometimes the tips are great
Cons
lot of work for nearly no pay.
I learned a lot and if this restaurant was in a better area it would flourish.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2018
I liked working there, though I felt overworked and underpaid due to the clientele. I learned a lot about bartending and enjoyed myself for the most part.
Pros
Discount, training.
Cons
Pay, and area the restaurant is located.
I worked in restaurant for a while but it wasn't for me anymore
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 17, 2018
After working in a restaurant since I was 16, I realized I needed to move on and work towards my career goal which is why I decided to find a new job. Eventually, I hope to find a job that benefits me towards my dream job.
Pros
Breaks, 50% discount on food
Its alright
Server (Former Employee) –  Kokomo, INAugust 17, 2018
Very stressful, makes good money if you work long enough. Most people I worked with were great. Sometimes there is drama. Good is also very good and you get a good discount
Typical Hostess Position
HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COAugust 17, 2018
It's nothing far from what you expect for working in a restaurant. But, it is stricter in some aspects (i.e. dress code, managing a wait list, etc.) because it is a chain.
Fast Pass, stressful at times , Paid my bills.
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 17, 2018
Loved my job. It was fast pass. It was fun serving people and making them have a stunning experience. They gave you half off on food, gave 30% off on gift certificates.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
Co-workers were sometimes greedy!
Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 16, 2018
I like red lobster it was a great job and a very good growing experience for me now in my new job I have different skills I’m great at because I came from red lobster
Productive & Fun
diswasher (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 16, 2018
A Typical Work Day Would Consist Of Me Washing Dishes Or Baking. The Manageent & The Crew Were Very Great. There Was nothing Hard About Working At Red Lobster
Fast pace and fun work place
Ally Coordinator, Fryer, Prep/Back up (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILAugust 16, 2018
The typical day at Red Lobster was very unpredictable at times it could be very fast, then slow and pick right back up again! but overall it was fun the managers was fair and I got the chance to learn different positions and also pay raises. even though I was good at what I did it got hard at times when the orders picked up. But over all it was a nice place to work
I very much enjoyed my time at red Lobster
cook, back up line cook, dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAAugust 16, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time at red Lobster. Learning new foods and techniques in the culinary field. Meeting and working with great people. In the front and the back of the house
Good stepping stone
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAAugust 15, 2018
If you are going to school or need quick part time work, Red Lobster is great. Most Red Lobsters are conducted similarly in that servers only are allowed 3 tables at a time.
Average restaurant atmosphere
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bartonsville, PAAugust 15, 2018
Managers are okay, but not on a Saturday during rush. Quick-pace, and the kitchen can be mean to the servers. You also have to wear really ugly mens clothing.
Location Horrible
Bartender / Wait Staff (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2018
The management team where I worked was horrible. After a while I could not take it. I tried to voice some concerns to upper management but the regional manager in charge doesnt care. The store was super dirty and the management blamed the staff for its poor performance but it was overall poor leadership.
Pros
Cons
you may hate Seafood after
Good college job
Host (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 15, 2018
Good job to have to help pay bills while in college. Lots of college aged people working there. Great environment and lots of great people to get along with.
Productive and fun workplace
Host/Busboy (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYAugust 15, 2018
Good place to start off you career in a restaurant business. Managers and coworkers were all nice and open hearted, although sometimes the kitchen will collapse it was still a team based company.
very hostile work enviorment
Server (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 14, 2018
coworkers will bully you until you spaze or quit. The managers are very lazy and are least concerned with the well being of their employees. They are very unorganized. The guest and servers are the least of their concerns.
Pays well if you can get the hours
Server (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 14, 2018
In my opinion, Red Lobster is not a good place to work for anything other than a part-time job. Payment was low and inconsistent and the workers were often rude and self-centered. Management was pretty good, but that was about the only redeeming quality about the job.
Pros
Food discounts
managers make things terrible
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Henrico County, VAAugust 13, 2018
the managers really make it hard to work it now, when I first started I used to love working here but now I find to want to go to work because the general manger can be a bit harsh at times.
Coworkers are great
Server (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXAugust 13, 2018
Management needs to be phased out, their ideas aren’t realistic. It’s a sales job so I understand the point of “selling” but making items harder to get to to discourage us from offering them is ridiculous.
Pros
Fun coworkers
Cons
Interrupted breaks
Fast environment not for people that cant take the heat from the kitchen
Alley Coordinator/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  West Hills, CAAugust 13, 2018
Typical day here at red lobster is like this. Walk in salute the boss for the opportunity to be able to make money while testing my capabilities as a man to work in extreme conditions in the heat and around intelligent people as well. Had to be tidy and well at correcting modifications and make sure at any chance show respect to the guests with an warm humble greeting. Staying focused is the main key, let my high energy rub on my fellow co workers and hope for a successful day and night at Red Lobster.
Pros
Meet many educated college students
Cons
Too short of breaks some times miss a ten minute. Cooks always hired then quit randomly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight