Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 5,093 reviews matching the search See all 5,309 reviews
I like the job just don’t get enough hours
Certified Grill Master (Current Employee) –  Beachwood, OHMarch 23, 2019
Great atmosphere good people just need more hours. I advanced very quickly from dish to line cook to certified grill master I am also trained on the truck
Fun
Utility/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Valley Stream, NYMarch 23, 2019
I have made great friends and learned new tools however I am looking to secure a career and take on more responsibility. This has been a good start if I wanted to get in the food industry.
ROI driven
Manager Trainee - Culinary Manager (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMarch 22, 2019
Free food for management, Servers are underpaid.Good ole boy system, food comes in frozen then thawed add Scampi sauce then cooked.Like many corporate cultures LGTB top heavy and wants meek managers
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Movement to other cities with issues then once result are better no accolades
Management is new and horrible
Server (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 22, 2019
They recently fired the GM and management has gone down hill. Certain managers will sleep on the job due to hangover but write you up or fire you for the same thing. Unequal treatment of employees new management has unrealistic expectations of service staff and Even when you meet those expectations you are still punished because the current service manager is petty and spiteful. All other staff members are wonderful and make working together so easy but new management is running all the long standing staff off.
Pros
Discount food, flexible hours
Cons
No breaks, slow, poor management, unrealistic expectations
Red Lobster
Server (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLMarch 22, 2019
While working at Red Lobster I found it to be a good place to work. The management was very nice. They really worked with me when I had family matters to attend to. I did not like the benefits program.
Pros
50 percent off a meal if you worked that day
Cons
Benefits could be better
average, cookie cutter restaurant
COOK (Former Employee) –  W Springfield, MAMarch 22, 2019
busy atmosphere, necessary to be able to work quickly and organize your tasks to maximize production. stable and clean kitchens. very structured system
Pros
good entry level work environment
Cons
low pay
Friendly and caring Work Environment
Waitress / Host (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MI 49201March 22, 2019
When you walked in the door at Red Lobster you knew by the smiles on everyone's Faces that it was a Great place to be .
Ive learned how to work as a Team due to the Fast Pace style of making sure everyones Guest in the Building are having a great Experience and things are being sent to their table in a Timely Manner , So working as a Team helps us all get things done in a quick manner. The Management there have always been like Family' If you have a Family Emergency they were understanding.
Red Lobster has a Diverse atmosphere which makes it Comfortable for everyone . The hardest part of Being a Server at Red Lobster was dealing with Rude people and remaining to keep a Smile on your Face no matter what . I enjoyed walking into work and seeing everyone I worked with because it was like a Big Family, Co-Workers genuinely cared about one another .
Pros
Half off Lunch, Tips, Dental insurance
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor hours
Server Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 21, 2019
I got hired very quicky just before the holiday when they needed me the most and was then told that they had plenty of people working in my position and have virtually no hours at all.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
poor hours
Overall a good place to work
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJMarch 21, 2019
Very felxible when it comes to scheduling. Very acocomodating to which area of the restaurant you would like to work in. Can be very faced paced or very slow.
Server-Host
Hostess-Server (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCMarch 20, 2019
Overall it was an okay place to work, the management team made it hard to be happy here. However great team of coworkers and good tips.This is a good job for individuals in school but there is limited room to move up in the company and there is a high turn over rate.
Pleasant and I never smelled like Seafood
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHMarch 20, 2019
I was 19 when I started at Red Lobster, and thoroughly enjoyed my three years spent there. A few managers came and went but I made good connections with co-workers. The fast paced environment was exciting for me.
very stressful and can be extremely overwhelming
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAMarch 20, 2019
the management sometimes doesn't feel the need to help, despite the kitchen being drowned in orders that are "red". occasionally tempers can flare due to stress and everything. its a lot of standing in front of hot objects in the kitchen with little chance to get water. no water containers are allowed on the line, so if its busy, no water.
Thought it would be great to return
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAMarch 20, 2019
Worked for company when it was a part of Darden about 10 years ago so I thought going back to a familiar place would be great. As a bartender, you are basically fending for yourself your entire shift. Management only cares about the servers upselling and getting food out to the tables, even if orders aren't prepared properly.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Management, coworkers, pay
No one cares
Bartender/ Take out specialist (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMarch 20, 2019
You get spread very thin when you do a three person job. Mangers refused to talk to you about important work matters such as your pay, your time cards and didn't really care about your requests off. They really didn't care about any of the employees.
Pros
Discount on food but still very expensive
Cons
No breaks and poor management
Not a good place to work
Hostess and Busser (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIMarch 19, 2019
It was very stressful, and they did not have enough job titles and positions to keep up. Often there was arguing that you would get put in the middle of. Managers boss and don't help and make it hard for you to have any fun with your co-workers.
Pros
Cons
Very strict
Fast- paced and minimal amount of hours with horrible management
Server (Former Employee) –  Montclair, CAMarch 19, 2019
I worked here for about 7 months. I got hired alongside 8 other servers and hosts. Out of all 9 of us, only 2 actually completed the training while the others quit before. The training to be a server is long and you dont receive tips during that time. Everyone talked bad about one another, we had 4 male managers and they all were horrible. I was getting asked out by one constantly and informed the GM and nothing was done about it. The worst part was that you never knew what time you would be out of work. They gave you an in time but not an off time. The hours they scheduled you for depended on how many surveys you got customers to fill out and how many add on sales you got (alcohol, deserts, side upgrades).
Pros
went home with cash tips every shift
Cons
no breaks, poor management, short hours
Great enviroment to work for.
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCMarch 18, 2019
I would like to adventure out to more opportunities to work for these new companies that's up in coming to Anderson sc i would be a gteat access the a company.
Pros
Management is great.
Cons
Some staff members arent. Team players
Horrible experience
Saute Chef, fryer, Baker (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 18, 2019
Really poor management, no chance to advance, same position everyday and no hours do to slow season apparently. Only two people scheduled to work the kitchen, one grill master and one other person. No management involvement.
Pros
Cons
No breaks at all, low hours
Your experiences may vary.
Server/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAMarch 18, 2019
Your time working at Red Lobster will highly depend on your manager, fellow, employees, and the local clientele. It is a service job, and strong social skills will help you greatly.
Pros
Meal Discounts
Cons
You can't use your discount to order food to take home.
what you learned
Hostess/ Sever Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uniontown, PAMarch 18, 2019
this was my first job ever. working here taught me that no matter what the customer is always right and you have to just bite your tongue and smile you cant please everyone.
Pros
close to home
Cons
shellfish allergy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.6K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight