Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 5,336 reviews matching the search See all 5,562 reviews
At times it got busy but our management was good at helping the employees if they got overwhelmed.
Server (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAJune 18, 2019
I liked the fast pace and the team work that went along with the position. The managers always backed us up it there was something wrong. I got great experience working here and this will help me in my future regardless of the position.
Pros
50% off on the job 25% for friends and family
Easy work
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 18, 2019
Overall easy and flexible place to work and if you get bored they allow you to do other jobs.They will also work with you if you have another job or never worked before.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, NYJune 18, 2019
Very easy , well organized , great costumer service, Clean , everyone works together and gets the job done, overall a great work experience
Great job to interact with the community
Server/Bartender, Key Manager (Former Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJune 18, 2019
This position as a server, Bartender and Key- manager was great being new to Virginia. Working here allowed me to meet and interact with a lot of awesome people. It helped me to continue to build my leadership ability.
it was great to learn new things and to work with and met new people
Line Cook dishwasher baker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2019
I learn how to cook and bake but also work as a team and also to be a great learner and also play my role when other people lead but listen to them and learn what they know.
hostess
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  mishawakaJune 18, 2019
not the worst job, but definitely a side job unless you have full availability to work. weekends are busy, and the only time more than 1-2 hosts are needed. Fighting for hours is super difficult, and the managers do not really care about your availability. Requesting days off it super easy, which is nice. Breaks are not really given, no matter what age you are, the managers will always just buy you food at the end of your shift instead of giving you a break. Basically paid $9 to do nothing but sit on your phone, which is fun until it gets too boring. Servers complain a lot about tables, and when they’re cut. I think it’s best to apply as a busser because its small hours, but they get tip share. hosts suck
Worst work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 17, 2019
The red lobster off of vista way in Oceanside is terrible ! I would never work there ever again . I was hired to be a host yet they had us all doing other jobs like running food , dishes , prepping food , and I had friends that were there for a year and were waiting to become server and didn’t ever make it up , but as soon as the charming guy comes in he’s been there for a Month and he gets to become server ? I’ve been yelled at by my manager more than once , for literally them “assuming” I wasn’t doing my job , and it’s very unprofessional. I’m surprised it’s legal for managers to treat employees like that or even manage like that . A manager manages the business they don’t harass and intimidate their employees .
Pros
The servers and hosts were cool
Cons
Bad and toxic work environment
Poor managment
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2019
The manager is a bullys , I dont know why. I am treated bad by only this manager. People are not friendly and they dont give enough hours.The only positive is that they give 50% off employee meals.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Cons
Management, no hours, no section rotation
Fun to work and very productive
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 17, 2019
I learn so much working there i enjoy the guest it showed me what im capable of doing showed me my weakness and strength. It helped me grow more. I enjoy learning new things
Pros
Everyone helped each other
family like environment
Service assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2019
the work environment can be stressful however my coworkers treat each other, me included, like family. We always do our best to help each other out during busy times.
Great job to have
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 15, 2019
It was fun. I enjoyed my time there. I left to help my family open their restaurant. I love being a bartender so it was a good fit. Now I’m looking to find something else.
Red lobster
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 15, 2019
The managers didn’t know how to manage the building. They didn’t know how many hostesses or servers to schedule per today. They were no help when it got really busy
Money is good but if you value your peace don't put yourself through this.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 15, 2019
Okay it can be like high school in the restaurant industry at a lot of places I know that, but this place Red Lobster in Monroeville is just terrible. If you are a great server the others get jealous. If you are not friends with them most of them won't help you out if you need it or run your food. They have a server who aspires to be a manager doing the schedule so she will take her anger out on your schedule if you don't kiss her butt. The general manager of this store is SO disconnected. He doesn't care about his employees. He sneaks in and when its time to go he sneaks out.. he'll run out the back door if he has to. He doesn't attempt to resolve problems or the drama that is in literally every corner of the restaurant. The way he talks down on people when they aren't around really made my stomach turn. There is a strong lack of TEAMWORK in this restaurant and you need that in the restaurant industry. People here have there clicks the GM has his favorites and thats how it works. I say save yourself and go somewhere else if your'e a strong server. Overall you can try and go make your money and go home but the environment is intensively toxic. Good luck.
Dirty. Rodents all over in the back. Old food. Baltimore pike is disgusting.
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2019
Management is childish unable to articulate proper instructions and unable to get a day finished without any stress. Ignore any time off and will lie to you about your pay. Baltimore pike is a NO
Pros
Free biscuits
Cons
Everything else.
Host
Host (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 15, 2019
Red lobster was a very stressful place to work, especially as a host. From the moment that you’re done with your two days training (only 3 hr shifts) your expected to work by yourself. The servers were extremely rude & will literally curse you out if you sat them out of section (because that’s where the customer wanted to sit) and you’re just doing your job and when you you try to tell management about it they just
tell you “yea you have to have tough skin”
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Everything else
I loved it. Very nice environment!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJune 14, 2019
I love Red Lobster! Great experience and I love the people. Managers are very considerate and accommodate for need be. Never too stressed because we always have a strong clue.
Low pay, long days
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 14, 2019
I was paid 9 dollars as an expediter. I worked 12 hour days and was responsible for cleaning the entire front kitchen line, as well as 3 stations that I never even touched. Servers were treated like gold and had no sidework. I never want to see a bottle of stainless steel cleaner ever again. I worked 12pm to 230am and when asked for a raise was denied.
Fun Environment, Terrible Management
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 14, 2019
Management is nonexistent so it’s up to all employees to be knowledgeable about everything going on in the restaurant so that you can make your money and leave.
Good working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2019
I enjoyed working with all my coworkers and managers. Had a good working place with everyone. I had no problem with anyone and enjoy seeing them every day.
Productive and collaborative experience
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 13, 2019
I no longer serve at Red Lobster. I began bartending a few weeks ago. With a year and a half serving at the Maplewood location - I can tell you that there is a beautifully diverse customer base and staff I would not trade the experience I have gained there for anything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.7K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Lobster.

Powered by Comparably