Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 5,330 reviews matching the search See all 5,556 reviews
Worst work environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 17, 2019
The red lobster off of vista way in Oceanside is terrible ! I would never work there ever again . I was hired to be a host yet they had us all doing other jobs like running food , dishes , prepping food , and I had friends that were there for a year and were waiting to become server and didn’t ever make it up , but as soon as the charming guy comes in he’s been there for a Month and he gets to become server ? I’ve been yelled at by my manager more than once , for literally them “assuming” I wasn’t doing my job , and it’s very unprofessional. I’m surprised it’s legal for managers to treat employees like that or even manage like that . A manager manages the business they don’t harass and intimidate their employees .
Pros
The servers and hosts were cool
Cons
Bad and toxic work environment
Poor managment
Server (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 17, 2019
The manager is a bullys , I dont know why. I am treated bad by only this manager. People are not friendly and they dont give enough hours.The only positive is that they give 50% off employee meals.
Pros
50% off employee meal
Cons
Management, no hours, no section rotation
Fun to work and very productive
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 17, 2019
I learn so much working there i enjoy the guest it showed me what im capable of doing showed me my weakness and strength. It helped me grow more. I enjoy learning new things
Pros
Everyone helped each other
family like environment
Service assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2019
the work environment can be stressful however my coworkers treat each other, me included, like family. We always do our best to help each other out during busy times.
Great job to have
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 15, 2019
It was fun. I enjoyed my time there. I left to help my family open their restaurant. I love being a bartender so it was a good fit. Now I’m looking to find something else.
Red lobster
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 15, 2019
The managers didn’t know how to manage the building. They didn’t know how many hostesses or servers to schedule per today. They were no help when it got really busy
Money is good but if you value your peace don't put yourself through this.
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJune 15, 2019
Okay it can be like high school in the restaurant industry at a lot of places I know that, but this place Red Lobster in Monroeville is just terrible. If you are a great server the others get jealous. If you are not friends with them most of them won't help you out if you need it or run your food. They have a server who aspires to be a manager doing the schedule so she will take her anger out on your schedule if you don't kiss her butt. The general manager of this store is SO disconnected. He doesn't care about his employees. He sneaks in and when its time to go he sneaks out.. he'll run out the back door if he has to. He doesn't attempt to resolve problems or the drama that is in literally every corner of the restaurant. The way he talks down on people when they aren't around really made my stomach turn. There is a strong lack of TEAMWORK in this restaurant and you need that in the restaurant industry. People here have there clicks the GM has his favorites and thats how it works. I say save yourself and go somewhere else if your'e a strong server. Overall you can try and go make your money and go home but the environment is intensively toxic. Good luck.
Dirty. Rodents all over in the back. Old food. Baltimore pike is disgusting.
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 15, 2019
Management is childish unable to articulate proper instructions and unable to get a day finished without any stress. Ignore any time off and will lie to you about your pay. Baltimore pike is a NO
Pros
Free biscuits
Cons
Everything else.
Host
Host (Current Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 15, 2019
Red lobster was a very stressful place to work, especially as a host. From the moment that you’re done with your two days training (only 3 hr shifts) your expected to work by yourself. The servers were extremely rude & will literally curse you out if you sat them out of section (because that’s where the customer wanted to sit) and you’re just doing your job and when you you try to tell management about it they just
tell you “yea you have to have tough skin”
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Everything else
I loved it. Very nice environment!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILJune 14, 2019
I love Red Lobster! Great experience and I love the people. Managers are very considerate and accommodate for need be. Never too stressed because we always have a strong clue.
Low pay, long days
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 14, 2019
I was paid 9 dollars as an expediter. I worked 12 hour days and was responsible for cleaning the entire front kitchen line, as well as 3 stations that I never even touched. Servers were treated like gold and had no sidework. I never want to see a bottle of stainless steel cleaner ever again. I worked 12pm to 230am and when asked for a raise was denied.
Fun Environment, Terrible Management
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 14, 2019
Management is nonexistent so it’s up to all employees to be knowledgeable about everything going on in the restaurant so that you can make your money and leave.
Good working environment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 13, 2019
I enjoyed working with all my coworkers and managers. Had a good working place with everyone. I had no problem with anyone and enjoy seeing them every day.
Productive and collaborative experience
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Maplewood, MNJune 13, 2019
I no longer serve at Red Lobster. I began bartending a few weeks ago. With a year and a half serving at the Maplewood location - I can tell you that there is a beautifully diverse customer base and staff I would not trade the experience I have gained there for anything.
Very chaotic
Host (Former Employee) –  Beachwood orange placeJune 12, 2019
My over all review of working for this establishment had to be one of the most Unorganized establishments I worked for . There was no guidance also no structure .
A fun first job
Host and Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 12, 2019
A typical shift would entail of greeting and seating guests, cleaning the tables, and cleaning out the bathrooms and trash. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. The management was, as far as I have experienced, average. There were some issues when it came to pay and scheduling, but overall a very accommodating managerial staff. The most enjoyable aspect was talking and working with the people I worked with. The hardest part was definitely learning the pace of the work without too much instruction at the beginning.
Pros
Discounted meals, free biscuits and drinks
Cons
short breaks
Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COJune 12, 2019
This was one of my first jobs and while I learned social skills and good customer service, I was not fond of the work environment but I knew it was temporary and needed to put gas in my car to get to my classes.
prep cook
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Valley Stream, NY 11581June 11, 2019
The job was repetitive, each day I'd get in and pick up my hair, wear a hairnet and an apron. Get the list of food that needed to be prepped. The management was great, they were friendly and understanding. Everyone there was like family, we had each other's backs and made working together fun. The hardest part of this job was cracking open the oysters. Most enjoyable was making the many different sauces for each meal.
Staff is amazing and very welcoming but management isn’t.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJune 11, 2019
This is a short term job would not recommend staying for a long tine, you get pushed to advance rather than easing into it other than that the environment that the staff brings is great. Managers just need to learn to Manage better.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
barely any days off
Good place
Server (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 11, 2019
I worked in waldorf it was a good location at the time. (2015-2017)
I made a lot of money and friends who I've been able to keep in contact with, Management was nice as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.7K
31.3K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Lobster.

Powered by Comparably