Red Mango Employee Reviews

Terrible
Employee (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYAugust 24, 2019
Worst employment ever!, they take months to review your employment, and after finally getting the job the work is hard, and low paying, I do not recommend working here
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lots of work, lack of communication
This place sucks.
Beverage creation and cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 15, 2019
The manager is terrible and not all the workers are chill. Don’t work here, it’s a disaster. The manager is racist and very fake. She can be mad at you but if a customer walks in she’ll instantly have a smile. I hope stupid Shaned gets fired.
College location
Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 23, 2019
I loved working here during college. My manager was the best and it was really relaxed. A typical shift involved making smoothies and froyo confections, then cleaning dishes and the stand. Worked by myself.
Horrible place to work at. Don’t bother
Food prep (Former Employee) –  61-01 junction BlvdJuly 22, 2019
Worked here for alittle over a year and not quite sure why I stayed for so long. Checks would come in days late but as an employee I was expected to arrive on time everyday and push sales. Which isn’t a problem, but with my check coming in late every week it just wasn’t fair. Additionally, being alone and closing the shop alone was too much for one person to do. The manager would complain for having sticky floors and insisted on mopping 3-4 times a night. I felt guilty using dirty and sometimes outdated equipment and serving it to costumers! But I had no choice. The manager was really cheap and insisted on us (me and my fellow coworkers) to do the most work with as little pay as possible. In general stay away from the place! Both as a costumer for health reasons and an employee and I’m sure you’ll find a better job somewhere else.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Short breaks, Low Pay and Late checks
Boring and mundane
Red Mango Worker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJuly 22, 2019
Most days I just did nothing at work. I mean, besides clean clean CLEAN. It was such a lame job with low pay that I do not regret quitting after a month of working.
Toxic
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYJuly 20, 2019
Great job, great coworkers. Management is terrible. Will take hours away from you if she decides not to like you; Just very unprofessional. I am glad I decided to quit when I did. Too much drama for a froyo place. If you don't do something her way you will get yelled at so beware. Just save yourself the headache and do not work here
Don't think it was a healthy work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYJuly 5, 2019
A typical day at red mango wasn't too terrible if the owner sam didn't stop by that day. the workplace culture was just unhealthy unsupportive and aggressive
Even though I gave it a really low rating overall I did like working there
North Babylon - Team member (Former Employee) –  North Babylon, NYJune 28, 2019
They barely stocked the store so we would barely have materials, the manager was never there and available to help, they gave me really long and tough hours one week and then the next week give me a total of four hours. I've been left alone with no team leader or even another team member during busy moments and I've had it where the team leader was there but stayed in the back on there phone so I've had to deal with the busy moments by myself, but when I see a little kid walk in excited to get their frozen yogurt or a customer compliment how pretty the acai bowl that I made them come out it makes working there worth it and it was a great experience to learn from with how to deal with the not so friendly customers and not so helpful staff.
The job was slow and hard to keep focus
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJune 24, 2019
Red Mango was a temporary job, as i found it was slow and hard to move up in the workplace. The pay wasn't very good for someone who owned their own home and needed more compensation.
Horrible Management
Shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJApril 18, 2019
Great job if you're just getting out of high school. No benefits , paid time off , and 401k. Management was rude and demanding. Very hard work for little pay.
First Part Time Job
Team member (Former Employee) –  Forest Hills, NYApril 17, 2019
As a team member, you're expected to pbe able to run the store as if you were on you're own. Quick decisions must be made while providing exceptional service to patrons of all ages.
Pros
Part time
Poor Management
Cashier-Server (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILApril 15, 2019
There were times when management made me feel very uncomfortable. I got along with all my coworkers and they made the workplace culture bearable. Management would hold our tips and if he ever counted the cashier's drawer short, he would take from our tips to replace it. For as long as I worked there I didn't see a single tip money.
Pros
discount yogurt
Cons
management
horrible
staff (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, NYApril 12, 2019
terrible management. a lot of drama. never get breaks unless there are no customers in the store. Getting Paid correctly and money missing from the drawer is the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Cons
short on checks, not enough workers
Good job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stony Brook, NYApril 11, 2019
Enjoy working with other people who are nice and helpful in the job, if they're into jobs like yogurts and helping people.
You have to clean and make sure the foods are good and healthy to eat.
The management is nice, you have to make sure to follow instructions.
The hardest part of the job is sometimes staying by yourself and assisting a decent line of people that may take a few minutes to help one if the order is big.
I enjoy working with someone or with two people, making smoothies, sandwiches and working together.
Pros
Working together.
Cons
Working alone.
Quick paced but exciting
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 25, 2019
This was my first part time job, and I learned a lot from it. I worked there over the Summer so it was especially busy. Thankfully, I didn't work alone and all of my co-workers were collaborative. There was a lot to learn and you have to learn it quick.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Franklin Square, NYMarch 8, 2019
okay, so red mango was not cute. my manager was wild, like she literally went nuts over a missing peanut butter scooper. the whole thing was just bad energy and it was seriously not cute.
Pros
n/a
Cons
the entire job
Very friendly manager
Cashier and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 4, 2019
Manager was really nice and friendly. He was always willing to fix any mistakes Immediately. Always offering frozen yogurt samples to cool of our customers during the hot days.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Fruit preparation
A day at red mango
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 4, 2019
Red Mango can be crazy because one minute there is no one then you blink and the line is almost out the door. A typical day includes prepping fruit, making and taking orders, mixing yogurt flavors and keeping the store clean
Pros
Limited duties
Cons
small work space
Fast paced and fun environment
Team Member (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2019
Red Mango is a fast paced work place with an average day consisting of at least 8 hours. Summer are the busiest with people coming in and out all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with other employees whom you make a great friendship with. The hardest part of the job is when it gets busy and you run around a lot and when you have to stock heavy boxes when shipment arrives.
fun and amazing
Maintenance, sales and delicious fro-yo (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 2, 2018
red mango is cool fun awesome and really really cool and awesome did i say cool and amazing and really really awesome yaasss queen cut it up swae do it for state