Red Rabbit Employee Reviews

It was good!
Server (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 23, 2018
If given the opportunities one would desire at red rabbit you can make a good living. But if you make mistakes you are not forgiven easily and will be given slow and early shifts as punishment.
Pros
Wine Classes
Cons
Management picks favorites
Red Rabbit is a pit-stop
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Harlem, NYOctober 16, 2018
During my tenure at Red Rabbit, I've seen A LOT of turnover. Management is a joke. They hire a ton of Spanish speaking staff in lower positions, and hire only English speaking managers (which causes more confusion and disconnect). They do not foster team work and pick and choose when to follow their own policies. They constantly hire under qualified managers and do not promote from within. However, I'd recommend working here if you are looking to gain experience. Be warned - the current payroll manager does not take her job seriously and does not care about the employees needs or upsets when she runs our pay incorrectly. There are plenty of times I've had to go without a paycheck past pay day. They should also either hire a spanish speaking HR person or at least sponsor her to learn. She tries her best to help but the language barrier leaves most teams feeling helpless if they can't find someone to translate.
Pros
free lunch (sometimes); generous vacation days (if allowed to use them)
Cons
poor work/ life balance; rarely paid on time; no room for growth; semi-monthly pay schedule
Is a fun competitive fast paste come in early leave early type job
Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Anyone would love this job. If your a driver you coke in at 4am and leave by 12pm. Only preps clock in a lol later and leave later is located in the heart of Harlem
Toxic snakes environment
Operations manger (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2018
Upper management lies, allows staff to sexually harass employees, doesn’t support growth, late pay because of lack of money to afford pay. Wasn’t trained properly.
Pros
Occasional left over lunch
Cons
May not get paid on time because they can’t afford payroll.
Good work place.lots of fun. Fast paced
Maintenance/kitchen porter/aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
Easy going fast paced job
Good mamagement and team
Low compensation no benefits.
The food was well made and prepared.
Our team also delivered food to charter and private schools.
Fun, fast paced and productive enviroment. Unstable hours, but a decent workplace.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 6, 2017
Red rabbit is a fun relaxed enviroment. It is fast paced and productive. There generally is a good rapport and working relationship interpersonally between staff and management. Overall red rabbit is a decent place to work.
Pros
Free food, good working rapport, good rapport between workers and management
Cons
Unstable hours, low pay, limited benefits, very low job security
long hours poor managment
Prep Cook/Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
long hours no time for an outside life poor management too many bounced checks to much stress about getting paid on time or having to wait the next couple of days
cuthroat establishment
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2017
lets just say it was a learning experience , I wouldn't recommend this company 2 anyone no, longevity, be lucky 2 work a consistent full year ... ... no chance 4 advancement ...
very family oriented work place
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2016
Red rabbit is a very good company all employees work closely with one another creating a family oriented atmosphere. At times it can get a little critical because we are on a time crunch to get all meals out hot and neat. evryone works with each other we have a kitchen crew an food allergy team which i work closely with everyday.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
at times things can run a little disorganized
Less Than Satisfactory Work Place
Worker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
This operation is totally for the novice. Horrible pay schedule that borderline illegal. Pay dates are every 7th and 21st of each month.
Pros
Good Concept
Cons
Lack Solid and Strong Leadership
Hard Work, Vision
Porter Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New YorkSeptember 30, 2015
I am enormously thankful for the opportunity that was offered to me by this company. I will continue to strive for excellence in the work place. Along with my team as well as my superiors I will continue to work hard and eventually meet all of our set goals by the end of this year.
Great work environment.
Facilities Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 12, 2015
Given the opportunity, I would work there again. Outstanding Encourages employees to improve knowledge, abilities and skills.
Great organizational skills. Everyone works hard.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 25, 2015
I work from 900 p.m. t0 500 am. Driving and delivering food to schools and day care facilities throughout the tri state area. It's a experience most people would like to have. Driving around the city late at night with no traffic. I like what I do. I rarely see others when I arrive at my work place. But the few I do come into contact with are really nice people. Management has taught me very well when it comes to keeping my paper work organized, that part of the job is the easiest. The hardest part is the lifting. I easily turn that into enjoyment by using it as a workout. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I like what I do when it comes to driving.
Pros
having a vehicle on call when I need one
Cons
no breaks
Horrible Management
Driver (Former Employee) –  New york, nyJuly 17, 2015
As a driver the communication was horrible, the cars were not safe, often got sent out with no gas. The best thing about the job was the company's mission of serving healthy food to children, which the CEO does not even believe in - he's in it for the money, folks. There are no standards here. Different managers want different things, so you can be suspended ny one manager for doing something another would not care about. Ridiculous. Payroll is horrible as sometime you have to walk to a main bank branch to cash a check. Never work here unless you are desperate for job.
Pros
Occasional free lunch
Cons
No lunch breaks, bad vehicles, bad pay with no raises, no opportunity for advancement, unsteady schedule and hours, poor management, poor communication
Organized chaos
Logistics and food Distribution Mgr (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 18, 2015
The company concept is great. Serving healthy breakfast, lunch and snack to children throughout the city of New York. The most enjoyable thing about the jobs is the strong family bond that is among the employees. The toughest thing about the job is the the poor communication and organization of information needed to run the kitchen efficient.
Productive, respectful and fun place to work!
Children Nutrition Education Intern (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2015
The leaders of the programs are very respectful, have a very reasonable approach to problems/issues and are excellent in communication. The co-workers are easy going individuals with great intelligence and wisdom. Their cleverness does not make them less humble, which I absolutely admire and love about each one of them.
Pros
Reimbursement of Produce Time share, respectful and fun environment to work
Cons
Lots of physical work and no compensation at the moment
not really a good place for me butneeded a job at the time
PORTER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2014
A typical day at work to come in at 6am and make sure me assigned area was clean if not make sure I clean it then during the day keep my area clean as well as help kitchen staff at the end of the day clock out
Pros
close to my house
Cons
management had poor managing skills as far as dealing with staff and issuses
Porductive place to work
Lead Packer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
It's quite an experience working for the company. You gain a lot of knowledge , my co-workers are fun to be around because they keep me motivated and I enjoy working as a team to complete our job daily.
job was fairly easy.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2014
The company was in its beginning stages so they were making tons of mistakes.
Pros
we got to take home the company vans.
Cons
managers were not trained correctly.
Goal Oriented and Friendly Staff
Employee (Current Employee) –  HarlemMay 20, 2013
The hardest part of my job is constantly in EVERY aspect of our Vision Statement, to be one step ahead of the game and exceed expectations...and I love it.

The constant need in looking for better ways makes this such a wonderful place to work because you morph with Red Rabbit.
Pros
It's always morphing into something better every year.
Cons
Not enough copy machines..-__-

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Rabbit. Our community is ready to answer.

Red Rabbit Reviews by Location