Red River Credit Union Employee Reviews in Texarkana, TX

Nice place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 2, 2018
Red River was a nice place to work. It is up and down with business. Some days you can be working from the time you clock in til the time you clock out. And other days you will be sitting there, wanting people to come so you can have something to do. The pay is ok but I don't believe it is enough for all that they have you do and what you go through.
Pros
Great co-workers and managers
Cons
Pay
Great company.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 25, 2018
Great company to work for in Texarkana. The managers treat employees with respect and gratitude, and the general atmosphere is positive and encouraging.
Pros
Pto, fixed hours, great 401k. Not retail!
Cons
Lower pay than some competitors.
Decent workplace with great members
Title Processor (Former Employee) –  Summerhill Rd. Texarkana, TXMay 4, 2018
I enjoyed my job and most of the coworkers were nice. I came in right after another co-worker was moved from the job I took so there were some hard feelings and management didn't address the issue so the workplace was a little tense because of it. Other than that, it's a decent place to work with good work/life balance and opportunities were there during bank holidays to sometimes work extra.
Pros
Insurance and bonuses
Cons
Lack of support from management
Great place to work, just not the city I saw myself living in the future.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 12, 2017
Red River consisted of daily teller work, such as deposits and withdrawals as well as payments on accounts. At Red River, I closed the drive-thru everyday. This entailed locking the vault and security the premises before exiting.
Pros
Walk to work, great staff, benefits/compensation
Cons
Moving
Bonus/incentive opportunities; dishonesty and lack of support from middle and upper management
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 26, 2017
I enjoyed people I work with. Pay is less than average compared to other financial institutions. Bonus/incentive structure is decent. Middle and upper management offer zero support and offer false facts to save face. Apply at your own risk.
Pros
People I work with; bonus structure
Cons
Upper management lack of support and dishonesty
Fun atmosphere, Enjoyable work experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 31, 2017
Red River River Credit Union was a great work experience where I felt I had the opportunity to accomplish my given tasks in a day, and had the chance to cross-train in other positions.
A almost supportive facility
Member (Former Employee) –  TexarkanaSeptember 5, 2016
Credit union as a whole is not bad certian locations have a tendency to be very judgmental concerning tattoos or hair colour. Also do not want to comply with federal law concerning infertility issues
Corporate America
Administrative Assistant to Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXApril 19, 2016
I initially began as a IT Help Desk operator. I learned quite a bit in a short period of time. I then was promoted to Administrative Assistant to the Marketing Director.
My duties mainly consisted of managing all of the marketing material and distribution of the marketing materials to all branches near and far.

A typical day consisted of working with the marketing team on ideas and new designs for marketing material as well as new marketing ideas whether it be through radio, TV, social media, or print.
Pros
Great Team to work with and Great experience
Cons
when the recession hit I got laid off
fun wonderful place to work
Teller I at Trinity Branch (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TexasMay 20, 2012
I learned basic math skills and how to help members. The mamagement is excellent and there is always a smile on everyone`s face. You can also earn bonus paychecks all year long.