Red Robin Employee Reviews

Lack luster will work you to death
Server/Bartender/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  KissimmeeSeptember 24, 2018
Store is not all it was made out to be. Managers would rather use you as a place holder or body but not care about overall well being of its staff. Have to be strong or you will not be scheduled.
Pros
Staff is nice
Cons
Managers are terrible. Will demand a lot of you.
High paced job
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 23, 2018
I loved working for Red Robin at the time! All the management and associates were high energy & extremely friendly! Time flies when you are having fun as they say!
Great money, sorry management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 23, 2018
I worked at Red Robin for four years and my first location was great, but across the board it seems that the company overall is just in decline. They're going under financially and the quality of the establishments is not the same as it was four years ago. The money was amazing which is why I stayed so long. Being able to make 150-300 per night on the bar was pretty unheard of in my area. But the stressful situations that management places you in to make that money was not worth the continued deterioration of my enthusiasm to remain employed there.
Pros
high income
Cons
no benefits, lax management, corporate politics
Would be a fine workplace if the management was better.
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 23, 2018
Red Robin is an incredibly busy restaurant; especially on the weekends. The recipes aren't hard to follow. Most of the stress of this job comes in the form of the sheer amount of orders that you will have all at once. If you can handle that, then you would be fine. The biggest issue with the restaurant is the management. The general manager at the Oshkosh Red Robin isn't exactly professional. He treats everything as if it were a joke until he gets angry, at which point he will start screaming and throwing things. Not exactly the kind of person I would want to work for.
Official response from Red Robin
September 24, 2018

Thank you for sharing these concerns with us, we take your feedback very seriously and will be happy to investigate this further.

Always Stressed
Server (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CASeptember 23, 2018
Working at the Red Robin in Redondo Beach was a nightmare. The costumers were always almost rude and the management was no help. There would be 2-3 managers on duty but it would feel like there were none. The work environment was stressful. You have to be able to multitask and work under extreme pressure. Hours are not distributed fairly and they would send people home after two hours. If you're looking to make tips, this place is not it. They do not add automatic gratuity to large parties. I had a party of 30 people (on my own with no help) and they wanted the bill split 10 different ways. After doing so, only 1 person tipped $15. They stayed my entire shift and took up my whole section. After tipping out the busser and bartender, I was left $10 to go home with. I did not enjoy my time here.
Pros
co-workers are friendly
Cons
poor management
Terrible Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 22, 2018
The worst restaurant I have ever worked at. Avoid at all costs! Terrible management. Terrible ownership. Awful food handling practices. Too much work for too little pay.
good
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 22, 2018
good place to work, nice management, team oriented, nice and clean restaurant, friendly staff, best burgers in Virginia, benefits for the job were pretty good
Good experience
HEAD LINE COOK (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHSeptember 21, 2018
Working at Red Robin was a lot of good experience I learned how to work well under extreme pressures. I left because they promised me for months I would get a raise and they never gave me one. At one point I was told i got the raise but my paychecks continued to stay the same.
It was okay
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2018
Management needs work it is so disorganized and they show little reguard for they’re employees and the facility needs to be updated everything is falling apart or breaking
fun
Hostess and Server (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MISeptember 20, 2018
The people at Red Robin are so fun to work with, they are always cheerful. Whenever I come into work I am always pleased to see smiling faces. everyone works together which is also awesome! I'm going to miss this place for sure.
How is managment?
Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 19, 2018
I really enjoyed the culture corporate presented and the fairly frequent new menu items kept things exciting. One of my best managers was transferred to a more poorly performing location and after that point management started to devolve. Hopefully the management at whatever location one is working at is good at maintaining morale. Thats probably the biggest factor on whether or not one might enjoy working there.
Pros
discounted food, frequent new items
Good part time job
Supervisor/Server/Cook (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNSeptember 19, 2018
If you're looking for a part time job through college or until you find something permanent, this is a great place to work. Friendly staff and fun place to be. If you want to be somewhere for a career, I do not recommend. The more you are invested, the more stress there is. Not a lot of time for personal life when you get up to 40 hours of split shifts. Poor communication by management and not a lot of room to advance in your career.
the enviroment
EXPEDITER/SERVER (Former Employee) –  National City, CASeptember 19, 2018
it was fast paced and overwhelming at times but i believe that it was also because it just had opened and it was the new thing in the plaza Bonita mall
Just a real bad time
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, COSeptember 18, 2018
Environment ripe with sexual harassment. I would write more but I’d break the terms/guidelines going into just how disgusting it was to work here. Managers cared only about meeting quotas and couldn’t give one piece of a heck about employee wellbeing. Even though they pay well for an entry job, it’s not worth it.
Pros
free meals for boh
Cons
literally everything else
Poor compensation and management
Host (Former Employee) –  Millbury, MASeptember 18, 2018
Worked there for a year and a half. Never got a promotion or increase in pay. Management was unstable, in every sense of the word. Good job for survival, bad job for living.
Great as an entry job
Host and server (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93277September 18, 2018
great as an entry job into the food industry. very fast paced location. very easy to get overwhelmed and "in the weeds". very competitive and you have to have thick skin.
it can be a great place to network with guests and coworkers. you can develop good friendships with coworkers. opportunities to move up are there if you're willing to put in the work.
Pros
Flexibility in scheduling, opportunity to make money.
Cons
Understaffed for the location, lack of help, double edge sword in some situations.
Pretty good
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOSeptember 18, 2018
I love this job and don't intend to quit it but I want to get a better job that pays more. I've learned how to communicate with people better. I love the way the job feels like a family and I don't like the unfair hours.
Pros
Good environment with good people
Cons
No free food and unfair hours
Fast paced and can be fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Redding, CASeptember 18, 2018
Being a server at Red Robin can be fun as long as you have a good manager and a helpful team. The people in the community that you serve also make a big difference. I've worked at 2 locations and the first one was far better than the second one because the people who ate there were polite and tipped well and management was supportive but the second location (Redding, CA) had managers who would scream and yell at us, team members were selfish and unhelpful plus the customers were rude the majority of the time and barely tipped. Having to tip out other team members such as the bar tender and the host also became political. Those team members retaliate against you if you don't tip them out enough money and that amount tended to become more and more or they would stop seating you, stop cleaning your tables or making your bar drinks in a timely manner.

So it definitely just depends on the area you're working in. The company as a whole is decent and tries to take care of it's employees through parties and small rewards around the holidays and such.
Pros
Discounts on food, tips
Cons
Can be stressful, deal with rude customers, rude staff, tipping out hosts and the bar tender
good work enviroment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Evans, GASeptember 17, 2018
working there was fine it helped pay the bills but they could treat all the workers better. also the pay could be higher for those that are not servers. like dishwashers
fun, good first job
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 17, 2018
this was my first job- learned all aspects of Red Robin within years.
started as a host then moved to Expo then to server then to bartender. as times i could have stepped in back to cook. would of advanced in job but cost of living increased could not keep up.
Pros
people, atmosphere, food
Cons
pay- server life, you have good and bad days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

2.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.