Red Robin Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,739 reviews matching the search See all 2,858 reviews
Featured review
Red Robin selected this as a representative review
Awesome company with many opportunities and great pay.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 4, 2017
I started with Red Robin when I was 17 years old, as a host. I worked my way up through the ranks and was promoted to a manager 6 years later. The company does an amazing job understanding each restaurant has different needs, yet creates a great company standard. They continue to push the envelope and will never be happy to become complacent. They continue to change with the times and are always after that next big thing. WIth that being said the standards are extremely high. You are expected to change your ideas and standards at the drop of a hat. You are constantly pushed to become better and better and sometimes you don't think you can any more but you are forced to figure it out. The hours are very irregular. You need to get used to the changing the hours on a day to day basis. And be expected to work more then the "50 hour commitment" per your contract.
Pros
Excellent pay, Job security and Personal Growth
Cons
Long hours, constant corporate changes, irregular hours
Slow
Server (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJuly 17, 2018
It was an okay place to work. The people were cool but for the most part it was pretty slow. I mean sometimes you'll get those busy night rushes. The training is a lot too!
Friendly family-oriented restaurant
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Algonquin, ILJuly 16, 2018
I started off as a hostess and moved up to become an expediter and to-go specialist. Soon after I became a server. I learned how to deliver excellent customer service and work in fast paced environments while multitasking. I also learned the restaurant technology including the p.o.s system and ziosks. The managers were very helpful and supportive while also having the drive and leadership that a manager needs. Red Robin is overall a fun and inviting restaurant. The hardest but most rewarding part of the job was jumping from different positions to help support the well being of the restaurant when it got very busy. For example, I would help run food, seat guests, or work DMO if needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was the coworkers who always had great work ethic and believed in teamwork.
It's a Circus
Server (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJuly 16, 2018
Be smart and look somewhere else. It's a waste of time. After a week of training and no tips you get certified, only to be scheduled for 2 and three hour shifts. Meanwhile others are working doubles, daily. What a joke.
Pros
Free meals when training
Cons
Horribly unorganized and filthy dirty
Dakota
Host (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 16, 2018
While working for red robin for 3 years I have went from a simple busser to a key figure at the front of the house. I make more money I work as a team I was trained to have be able to supply support in nearly all areas of the restaraunt from kitchen to dishes. I have taken tables before and I have not enjoyed working anywhere else like I have enjoyed working for Red Robin Gourmet Burgers and Brews.
Pros
family first
Cons
hours/pay
Fast paced, yet friendly work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 14, 2018
Overall Red Robin was a good job, especially for a high schooler. Management lacked at some times, but good at others. Everyone is friendly for the most part. When the restaurant is busy, you are expected to work at a fast pace and know what you are doing. You get paid a good hourly amount, but get no benefits besides 50% off food after your shift. I would recommend this job to a high schooler who needs extra money.
Productive fun and co-workers were fun to work with
DMO (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJuly 13, 2018
It was a fun fast paced job. I liked it and my Co-workers. I would recommend it as a job and a good place to dine. There was never a dull moment whether everyone was hurrying because of lunch/dinner rush or we were just slow. The employees always keep you on your toes while your there while still having fun at the same time.
Pros
We got a free meal for every shift and got free drinks while we were working.
Fun Place for a Short Time
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORJuly 13, 2018
It was a fun place to work for a season. There wasn't much upward mobility that I was experiencing and some of the rules that they had in place didn't seem to make a lot of logical sense at the time.
Advancement
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 13, 2018
One thing I love about this job the most was it was always room for advancement but at the same time you had to prepare yourself for the worse. At times you can do more than the next person but don’t get notice.
Pros
Free lunch and discounts
Cons
Lack of management
Fun place to work with money to be made.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 13, 2018
Red Robin started off as a great place to work and I enjoyed it while making a lot of money. Then "Corporate" made a bunch of changes from the menu to the way we had to serve and cook, and it just completely changed the restaurant. I felt it wasn't the same place as when I started, and with 3 GM's leaving in the time I was there I knew it was time to move on.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Birthday song is awful
Well-managed restaurant, but lazy employees
Line Cook; Trainer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTJuly 13, 2018
The cooking is relatively basic, mostly done in an assembly line fashion. Being a non-smoker is a disadvantage, because aside from smoke breaks the only enforced breaks are the half hour ones given to the double shift workers. The smokers tend to abuse the length and amount of smoke breaks they take. There are three "areas" to the kitchen: hot side (burgers), cold side (fried food & salads), and saute. I was only officially trained on hot side and had to learn the rest of the kitchen on my own by being assertive and demanding shifts elsewhere. Training is very brief and if you don't catch on quickly, you'll have difficulty accruing hours. Many cooks are hired with zero relevant experience, so you will work with newbies often. That being said, I loved nearly all of my coworkers and there was a strong team vibe between the cooks and servers. Everyone is a little bit crazy, but that isn't a bad thing in the business.
Pros
Free meal received every day that you work
Cons
Zero health benefits, mediocre PTO hours, difficulty with advancement
fast paced
Prep-Cook, Cook, Host, Busboy (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, MEJuly 13, 2018
haven't worked here in years so things have probably changed, it was a fast paced type job things constantly moving, good food not a horrible place to work especially if you are a server.
Red Robin’s is good for quick money
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 13, 2018
It’s a good job if you’re in need of fast money ! It’s very fast paced even when it’s slow on some days it gets busy out of nowhere . The only thing is the communication if people communicate more it would be better . They just don’t pay good
Pros
Hour break if pulling a double
Cons
No hours
Apply! Trust me, you won't regret it.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Naples, FL 34108July 12, 2018
Red Robin is an amazing restaurant and I am glad to have had the opportunity to be apart of the Red Robin team and family. The time I have spent at Red Robin and the memories that I have made were anything but a bore.
productive
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 12, 2018
I enjoyed being a waitress with red robin. I enjoy a fast paced work environment and i also enjoy working with people/serving people. I left there for a better opportunity with aetna
Fun place to work at
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 11, 2018
I just love working at red Robins because i worked in that restaurant for couple of years now so i am comfortable with the environment. All the employees working their are always positive and understanding. as well as the managers. they try to understand their employees
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no benefits
Fun workplace
Server (Current Employee) –  Maumee, OH 43537July 11, 2018
Going into work, you clean your section and get ready for your tables to be sat. Then you take orders, run food, get drinks, and make sure your customers are 100% happy.
Anchorage Red Robin
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 10, 2018
Anchorage Alaska was very cold when I was started work there.There are a lot of snow and night is longer than day. There is different than other States. co-worker was pretty nice and strong impression everybody. and who hire me the manage Trisha was same situation like me have been living couple week in that time.and dinning was nice and clean neat.
Good company values but lack of execution
Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaJuly 10, 2018
This was a great company to work for, they provided many benefits and had great company values. Everything is straight forward, but the way that they run the company is a little stressful and doesn't make much sense at times. You only get so many labor hours a day, and if you aren't hitting your exact guest count and if employees don't clock out the second they are supposed to you loose the labor. I understand the concept, but something was flawed. Even if you scheduled less employees and were just as busy, you occasionally still lost hours and that reflected on any chance of a bonus.
Not the best.
SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lewis Center, OHJuly 9, 2018
This had to of been on of the hardest jobs ever, and it was for all the wrong reasons, restaurant teams are the best when management and employees work together and abide by the rules, as a supervisor I was horribly undermined at every turn by the upper management and with the constant change in management no one had any idea how to do the job. The pay was good but this job was not worth it. top 10 worst places to work.
busy, productive restaurant
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJuly 9, 2018
Red robin has been known for striving with its culture provided to employees and maintained on making it a family friendly place. They try to live up to the core values, honor, integrity, seeking knowledge and having fun. Restaurant life is very chaotic. You could have an hour where you won't have a single table and the next hour get 10 tables at once. You must be on your toes, ready to huslte and bustle with the restaurant expectations. Since minimum wage has increased, a servers job has become much more demanding. You are now required to bus tables as well as tray up and run any food in the window, making the day go by very quickly. Team work is of vital importance! In order to have a successful shift, it is important that everyone plays there role to make guests have a satisfying experience.
Pros
good hourly pay, flexible schedule
Cons
no PTO, have to give up nights and weekends for good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

65out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Robin.

Powered by Comparably