Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 3,208 reviews matching the search See all 3,351 reviews
Featured review
Red Robin selected this as a representative review
Awesome company with many opportunities and great pay.
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COAugust 4, 2017
I started with Red Robin when I was 17 years old, as a host. I worked my way up through the ranks and was promoted to a manager 6 years later. The company does an amazing job understanding each restaurant has different needs, yet creates a great company standard. They continue to push the envelope and will never be happy to become complacent. They continue to change with the times and are always after that next big thing. WIth that being said the standards are extremely high. You are expected to change your ideas and standards at the drop of a hat. You are constantly pushed to become better and better and sometimes you don't think you can any more but you are forced to figure it out. The hours are very irregular. You need to get used to the changing the hours on a day to day basis. And be expected to work more then the "50 hour commitment" per your contract.
Pros
Excellent pay, Job security and Personal Growth
Cons
Long hours, constant corporate changes, irregular hours
Fun job
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Dardenne Prairie, MOMarch 25, 2019
Serving at Red Robin was a great time. It paid my bills and let me pay my way through college. Made some life long friends there and I would recommend working there as a sever.
Pros
Goos money
Cons
No advancements
Easy going ,friendly work environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYMarch 24, 2019
Great place to work, everyone helps out One another to make lunch or dinner rushes less stressful keeping the employees calm and efficient. Was not too impressed with the behavior of upper management and other employee relationships. Met great people there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
N/a
Not a good working environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMarch 23, 2019
I worked at the Springfield Illinois site for 7months.The training is horrible, and is always blamed on the staff.The place was a 'll ways filthy.Wouldnt let my dog eat off the dishes.Staff steals mony from the tables..the place smells like sewage..most of kitchen staff high on weed and have no business in a restaurant. .The gm cant handle stress and nothing is her fault..worst job I have ever had.This company cares about nothing but money! How they have made it this far is beyond me
Pros
Food discount
Cons
Most everything
Official response from Red Robin
March 25, 2019

Thank you for sharing these concerns with us. We take these allegations very seriously and will be happy to further investigate internally.

Good money, no personal life
Grill Cook/Food Prep/Catering (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 23, 2019
Management expects you to work all day every day. No time for outside commitments, won't allow you get second job or go to school. No training, no help. Staff is drugged out and always seeking validation.
Pros
Money
Fast paced
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMarch 23, 2019
Working for Red Robin has made me appreciate other jobs a lot more, I am looking to hopefully get out of the food industry and into something more secure for me and my family
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Crazy busy
Very fast pace majority of the time
Expoditer (Former Employee) –  Reading, PAMarch 23, 2019
Working in a restaurant majority of the time is fast paced! I was the person to be sure the food on the tray is correct. Which some may think is easy however you have special orders often or the same burgers coming out and you have to be sure that the one with no onions goes to the right place. However I was told that I would be moving to a higher position and that never happened.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
broken promises
Poor management, in-competant, lazy, and unprofession team
Server (Former Employee) –  Wasilla, AKMarch 23, 2019
The serving managers were exceptional, however they hold no power to the general manager, who controlled all hiring, firing, and training of employees, and fell under an extremely low category in those areas. The rest of the team could be hired based on physical appearance rather than qualifications, and extremely under-trained. There was always a high number of "call-outs" every day, where servers and cooks would say they could and/or would not work. In my personal case, this "problem" worked to my advantage as I frequently needed extra shifts and never turned down the chance to increase my hours. I made considerable pay at my time with RedRobin, however the lack of communication between the general managers and the rest of the employees made them extremely unprofessional and made for an unpleasant work environment, created the feeling of being "just a number instead of a person."
Pros
Acceptable pay
Cons
Terrible management
Eh
Waitress and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 21, 2019
no opportunity of advancement or pay raise. managers are lazy and not helpful. environment is fun and coworkers are friendly. hours aren't too great..
Red Robbin
Line cook/Busser (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLMarch 21, 2019
front of the house, large staff, friendly environment. Busy or not varies on days. Learn a lot about being on the line like having proper temperature of food. Free food & drink.
Red Robin is a decent company to work for, considering the restaurant industry as a whole.
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 21, 2019
I've been working for Red Robin for 3 years, 2 as a server and 1 as a shift supervisor, and while it as a company shares many of the flaws that the casual dining restaurant industry possesses, I would overall recommend it to anyone seeking an entry-level restaurant management or first time serving position. They do a lot right and management tries hard to uphold a moral code. That being said, it has 500+ locations so results may vary widely depending on the region you are in.
Great place to work. The team makes it Fun!
Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, WIMarch 20, 2019
The standards at Red Robin were very realistic and achievable. The real driving force behind Red Robin was the team. You become something like a family there.
Red Robin
Host (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PA 16602March 20, 2019
Laid back but fast pace work place. Sometimes we have a line out the door when other times, we are just slow paced. No matter what though always doing something to stay busy
Fun Team, Terrible Managment
Hostess, To-Go Specialist (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WA 98383March 20, 2019
Red Robin is a fast paced environment that provides a few helpful lessons in dipping toes into the restaurant world.The team at Red Robin was very caring and made sure that you were doing alright, Management had been improving but also started to fall after new Management had taken place. Overall, I loved working at Red Robin because of the people I was able to interact with as a Hostess.
Pros
Discount for food during work shifts.
Cons
Short Breaks, Miscomuunication
i don't really care
Server (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTMarch 18, 2019
i've worked in the server industry since i turned 16 and this is my favorite so far. Coworkers are a lot more helpful and considerate. Customers can be friendly sometimes
Pros
discounted food while on the clock
Cons
unorganized
Would never recommend
Host (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 18, 2019
I’d go into detail but that’s way too much. They don’t value you as a person. Only a worker. They will not work with you or treat you as a human being. I’m training new people in my position for more than I make.
Cons
No breaks or short breaks, management, no advancement, no raises
It’s okay.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 18, 2019
The managers were horrible but we worked great together and did what we had to do in order to make the workplace bearable. Overall, I would recommend working here for someone who is just starting out.
Okay Company
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAMarch 18, 2019
the management is good at most locations i have been too, and the job is not too hard just a typical serving job, but they got rid of support staff which was a mistake and one of the reasons I decided to leave.
Pros
Cons
No support staff
Small hot fast paced kitchen.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 18, 2019
Fast paced too catch up on orders. Learned how to work fast and handle stress. Compliments to your Co workers improve morale. Good attitude is helpful for production. Employees that don't show up for work or late put stress on others. Friendship with Co workers and team work.
Pros
Steady work hours Ot availible.
Cons
No real advancement!
fast paced
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 17, 2019
Always have to work weekends. Very face paced. Gives you good time management skills. Poeple are friendly. Managment can be very helpful and understanding .
Pros
free food when working in the kithen
Cons
no medical or 401k no benifits really
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHMarch 16, 2019
The management at Red Robin was terrible. The managers didn't always make sure that the minors went for their breaks after 5 hours of work. They would send employees who had worked for an hour before they sent someone home who had worked all day. There was no communication.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight