Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 3,088 reviews matching the search See all 3,219 reviews
busy workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Santa Maria, CAJanuary 15, 2019
i was blessed to have such a down to earth easy going manager. i was always on my feet because it was the only red robin by the coast. a typical day for me was making sure my serving section was full and organized. i learned how to work under pressure while at the same time giving great customer service.
Pros
made alot of money in tips because of how busy it was
Cons
none.
Sometimes fun, mostly stressful
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAJanuary 15, 2019
Demands a high performance constantly, with little or no reward. Team members are often very fun to work with. I enjoyed it while I was there, but they starting making big, infrastructure changes I did not agree with.
Very stressful
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2019
Sometimes fun to work at, other times servers and management make it hard to work. The host understand what they’re doing and can handle everything , management sometimes get in the way of that. Customs sometimes get mad and blame host since we’re at the front of the restaurant so we had to deal with that. Mostly always busy around 6-8
Cons
No free lunch
Family style burger joint
CDT Trainer/Bar Manager (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 14, 2019
Fun and energetic work environment filled with enthusiasm and excitement. Fun birthday songs kids nights and video games. TV's and a bar for the adults!
the way not to be treated
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 14, 2019
Where can I start the managers just don't care they treat you like bad. they called me to come in early and i did and 20 mins later after i get there ask me to go on break then what was the point to have me coming for. Then the cooks on the line drop the scoop on the ground pick it up and used it again. I'm sorry but culinary arts and restaurant management is my passion. I take it very serious and the fact that they think because they are manager they think people have to be treat like so nasty they
Pros
na
Cons
notr a great please
Good job
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 12, 2019
I don’t have much to complain about. I loved working there. I just didn’t like only having maybe 25 hours a week. You can pick up shifts but still wasn’t enough for me. I only left because I got a better job.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Needy customers at times
A good place to work.
line cook (Current Employee) –  Kenwood, OHJanuary 12, 2019
I like working at Red Robin it's a fun place to work the bosses are cool. You develop a relationship with them on a personal note. The hardest thing about res robin is running around like a chicken making sure the customers get hot food. My peers were great on the job we all got alone with one another.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good breaks
Red Robin
Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 11, 2019
It was a typical environment to be a server in. It was fast paced and exciting to go to work. They had a great training program and the management was great.
Fun place to work!
Internal Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJanuary 11, 2019
Had a blast at Red Robin Lehigh Valley Restaurant Group! Great friendly atmosphere and bottomless fun around every corner! A truly great place to work!
Fun but stressful
Cook (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJanuary 10, 2019
Its a great place to start of you haven't had a job before. Also if you are a felon they will hire you if you have that problem. (Im not a felon).
Get to meet cool, fun people. General management was great, but new managers not so much.
Pros
Half off food
Cons
Make you work 6-7 days and only get 40 hours
Was pretty alright.
Host (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COJanuary 9, 2019
Super fast paced and busy, everyone supported everyone. Management was pretty awesome and there were little to no problems! Even my co workers seemed pretty alright!
a company that doesn't practice what they preach
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJJanuary 9, 2019
its a good job for someone who's going to school or needs a second job. the management when I was there was very bias and did what was best for them rather than the workers.
Fun place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Working at Red Robin's is a fast-paced but fun place to work you must have a friendly attitude must be able to work with others Cooks must be able to serve food and prepare it in a matter of time for the most part managers or management cares about their team
Pros
Cook's eat free one meal Hay Day
Cons
The kitchen can be a hot, and you don't get paid for holidays
Good place to make money
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  New York StateJanuary 8, 2019
Working there for over 3 years now, I love the culture and constant menu changes. Some guests like the changes and some don't- Its nice because theres always something new to try.
Company has gone downhill
Server (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 8, 2019
I work at an abnormally busy location, so my experience may be different than others...
Corporate policies are very black and white. They make changes that will simply not work in the restaurant. Whoever makes the decisions clearly has no idea what it's like day to day.
Over the 6 years I've been with the company, I've had some OK-good managers. But no exceptionally great managers, and far too many subpar managers.
Company culture used to allow us to have fun and enjoy our jobs, but it appears to no longer be important to keep employees happy.
In obvious efforts to cut costs, Red Robin has done away with expeditors and bussers. This has put an unrealistic amount of work and pressure on the remaining front of house employees.
Talk about new tools to help us do our jobs more efficiently is just that, talk. No advancements to assist us are ever made.
Fun to work, very up beat. Everyone has an off day but still have great smiles and attitudes
Busser (Current Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 8, 2019
Never had an issue requesting off specific days, if I’m scheduled the managers are understanding if I’m unable to make it in depending on circumstances
Pros
Discount means, pay is directly deposited almost at the exact time (biweekly)
Cons
Very good place to work.
Busser (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MIJanuary 8, 2019
It was a very good place to work. It had its ups and downs however there was one manager that was very good and most of the people were pleasant to work with.
Pros
Discounted
Cons
Hard Work
Okay Place to Work
Server (Former Employee) –  Citrus Heights, CAJanuary 8, 2019
Don't expect much from Red Robin. They don't treat employees very well and this often leads to employees not getting their state-mandated breaks. The company is good for students as schedules are often adjustable to meet school needs.
Extremely stressful
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJanuary 6, 2019
As an expeditor I was only working the busy nights, and those nights I worked 2 to 3 hours. It was too stressful and not worth it in the end, I was just not happy.
Pros
Cool people
Cons
Stressful and not enough hours
It is a hectic place to work at
Expo (Former Employee) –  Ventura, CAJanuary 4, 2019
Being one of the only Mexicans, it hurt me to see other racial employees get promoted before I did. I constantly asked about my performance and they always replied by saying that I was an outstanding performer.
Pros
Tips, and discounted food.
Cons
Servers yell at you and management suck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

41K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight