Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 3,003 reviews matching the search See all 3,131 reviews
eh
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 15, 2018
Not once did i get a raise, people hired after me started off getting paid more than me and they had less experience. I loved the customers, but the good managers had already left to do bigger things.
Corporate and No Leadership
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 15, 2018
Heavy turnover rate throughout the entire restaurant. Managers don't manage at all. Each location is different though. But every location that I know of has terrible management. One location might fire easily over poor survey scores, while another will let you walk out as many times as you want and still offer you a raise for still coming back. The culture is can be like a family or cut throat. It's basically an add on to high school with the amount of drama that happens. It's often busy, you're always understaffed, and management will try and help on the line and in other parts of the restaurant usually, but will run out the door when you're not looking when its their time to leave. I have never seen a more poorly run restaurant. It's certain people that have made me stay, or the steady income, but after a while, the stress isn't worth it. Half the people at my location come in drunk. If you come at them with serious concerns, nothing will get done because it's easier for them to look the other way.
Pros
Free food for back of the house, like a family, good pay
Cons
Understaffed, Poor management, drama
Not a great place to work
Busser and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDNovember 14, 2018
Not a great place to work. poor training, low to very low wages, some of the management was harsh. bad coworker interactions. fast paced stressful environment.
Pros
A job/discounted burgers
Cons
very little pay. Bad environment
Fun place to work
Busser (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA.November 14, 2018
A typical day at work involved cleaning the store, front and back, washing dishes, prepping food, bussing tables, and taking out the trash. I learned how to work hard and not be appreciated. I worked for almost 2 1/12 years without calling in sick while attending college as a full time online student where I graduated with high honor from an accredited university earning my bachelor's in business administration. i was not given the opportunity to advance my career and move into management so I resigned. The hardest part of the job was showing up everyday and not making enough money which wasn't even close to enough money to compensate
for the overall cost of living in that area.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
If you run late for work, but at least you show up does not count and will eliminate your opportunities for advancement
Good Job
Dishwasher/Busser/Host (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 13, 2018
Red Robin is a good company that hires friendly and helpful people so be sure you will always have good co-workers that are willing to help you out any time.
Pros
Good Staff
Cons
Low Pay
Red Robin
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Exeter, PANovember 11, 2018
Red Robin is a great place for a high school or college student to begin working. It give them the chance to earn money for the first time and learn teamwork and cooking skills at once.
Wasted two years of my life there.
Server (Former Employee) –  Apple Valley, CANovember 10, 2018
Awful experience working with this company. It’s very difficult to get a schedule that even closely resembles decent at best. Be prepared to spend 3/4 of your shift serving refills of drinks and fries.
Pros
You can say you’re employed.
Cons
Every moment spent on the clock.
Friendly working environment.
Dishwasher/Stocker/Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Redding, CANovember 9, 2018
A typical day at work was always very fast paced and busy. I learned how to work faster and more efficiently because of this. Management was always respectful. The hardest part of the job was washing dishes fast enough to keep an open area for bussers to unload their tubs during busiest hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying busy.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Short breaks, or returning from break was difficult because of piled up dishes.
Stressful and unorganized
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYNovember 9, 2018
The management at Red Robin is hardly existent. Unorganization leads to waiting and unhappy guests. You don't leave at the time you're scheduled to, you're forced to stay later.
Pros
Discount on food
Cons
Only one lunch break during a 12 hour shift
Stressful workplace with poor management.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Kentwood, MINovember 9, 2018
Red Robin is not an establishment I have enjoyed working at. The job is made overly stressful by the high pressure put on by the manager. Red Robin is flexible about availability, but are poor about getting shifts covered if needed.
Pros
50% food while working.
Cons
No other discounts while not working. Can’t get the food to go with the discount.
Productive fun work environment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CANovember 7, 2018
Fun well rounded great communication between staff loved working there wish I could go back the gm was amazing and just great to work with along with the kitchen manager and front of house manager
Great Management
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 7, 2018
The money is good and the management actually care about the staff. It's a nice place to work because the coworkers are good people and are helpful with one another.
Good first job to teach you lessons
RESTAURANT HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLNovember 7, 2018
Teaches you to work in a fast paced environment and to deal with stress. Brandon Florida location is not recommended. Poor management and teamwork. Poor training for job. Poor sanitation for a restaurant.
Cons
never had a break in my time working there. would keep me overtime and told me i had to stay or else
Sweet Home
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed this company it wasn’t really nothing I couldn’t say about this company. The only thing I didn’t like about the company was some of the ignorance that you had to deal with.
Just bad
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 6, 2018
The manager at the time I was there was very creepy and sexually touched females on the shoulder. And was well the hostess are not helpful, they were very mean and double sat people when they were not aloud to that. And all they did was gossip about others and never did there jobs right.
fun workplace but unfair pay and bad management
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 6, 2018
The only thing I enjoyed about working here was making a ton of new friends. The pay is hardly fair especially considering we had to bus tables and were even promised tip out when bussers couldn't do their jobs or just didn't show up. Budget cuts are bad (explains low pay) and I often had to run to get supplies for the kitchen during shifts. Some managers are okay others are not and put all the blame on hosts when things go bad within the restaurant (server not noticing tables that are sat, tables being sat in unopen sections because we can't tell guests no, tables marked clean by other employees that have to be wiped down when tables are seated, etc.) . If you can't make it to a shift because of car/ride issues they may tell you to Uber because they are so desperate. It's not a good place to work wouldn't ever consider working here again ever.
Pros
50% discount on all food
Cons
unfair pay, terrible management, budget cuts
They turn their backs
Mixologist (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INNovember 4, 2018
This company supposedly stands for unbridled acts but are hypocrites when it comes to their employees. I worked as a mixologist and certified trainer at the West Carmel location. The management team kept changing. The backstabbing started and my position and title were ripped away from me by a petty co worker who conspired against me. Convincing the manager to question my integrity. This company is going down the wrong path.
Cons
Excellent place to work for.
Expo/Line cook (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 3, 2018
This was the best job I've had so far. Lots of opportunity to be promoted, great benefits. Overall it's a wonderful company to work for. If you work for them they spare no expense to work for you.
Official response from Red Robin
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we are glad to hear you are enjoying your role here! BURGER on!

a typical day at work
Hostess/Server (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, CANovember 2, 2018
During a typical shift at red robin, there is usually chaos throughout the entire restaurant. management is terrible. it literally feels like the staff manages themselves. one manager in particular gets so frustrated when he manages that he yells at everyone and hides in the kitchen when we get busy. this manager is usually the manager we have on duty on the busiest days of the week (thursday through sunday) because our GM or other head managers do not like closing.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Official response from Red Robin
November 5, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take these concerns very seriously and will be further investigating internally.

Fun, exciting
Busser, Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WANovember 1, 2018
I loved the atmosphere, and my coworkers were almost always friendly and happy.The managers were fair, as was the food. Surprisingly, i was able to get all the hours i needed.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Fast paced for the pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Robin.

Powered by Comparably