Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun and fast paced and lovely co workers
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Essington, PASeptember 8, 2019
Housekeeping is easy and fun but I worked at redroof the co workers and the manager were very nice they taught me everything I needed to know about the job and helped me when I made a mistake.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Letting the customers leave late past check out time.
Housekeeper and laundry.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Middleburg Heights, OHSeptember 8, 2019
Start my day by getting my Cart ready and stocking my cart with all the sheet and towels for the day then wait on my check outs...I'm also request to check ever room even stay over.
Okay
Front desk agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYSeptember 7, 2019
It is good for teenagers or people that don’t need much financial help. The thing I like about management is they will give you hours to work if you want to work. Most employees are kind, usually a easy, smooth day.
Good Owners
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  North Fort Myers, FLSeptember 6, 2019
Both owners are caring and dedicated to finding a real balance in your work and homes life. No problems at all with either one of them, Can be stressful but it is all good in the end
Pros
Happy Atmosphere
Got hired
The front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GASeptember 5, 2019
Got hired it was ok I was a front Desk Agent strong communication skills it was experience for me but I like dealing with the guest check guest in and out using cash and credit cards make sure the rooms are clean answer phone make reservations
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
It was a worklife full of chaos
Housekeeper and Laundry (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 4, 2019
There was no order to anything at all it was just alot of aggravation I work they for two weeks before they put me in their system and had to write down my hours because I wasn't in the system to clock in and out like everyone else
Its a alright job overall
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WASeptember 4, 2019
As far as night auditor, you'd get to work and hear the immeadiate issues from the service representative that worked the shift before you. Then start the nightly paperwork and periodicly walk around the hotel to make sure it's clear. Finish the nightly paperwork, and last make the first batch of breakfast
Workplace culture
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MASeptember 3, 2019
coworkers A+ Mangers F-. They never had the tools to do the job and never provided a suitable amount of inventory to be able to correctly do the job..
great place to work
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LASeptember 2, 2019
the job itself i can not complain about i thought it was a great career option while obtaining my associates. it was the place for student at the campus to work due to it paying good and you have a flexible schedule.
Productive and fun
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 31, 2019
It has it bad and good days. Like what job doesn't, I grew alot being here and I've earned my spot as Manager. I love being able to relieve people's stress at a nice hotel room. Basically I love my job period.
Pros
Free linches, you can leave if all of your rooms are finished and discounts off of hotel rooms.
Cons
Healthcare benefits and paid time off
Terrible management
Front desk Gsr (Former Employee) –  OhioAugust 31, 2019
Worked almost 20 yrs at same location. Mgr of 25 plus yrs retired then had 2 bad mgrs who basically ran "the older employees" off by cutting hours and telling us we had to prove ourselves to receive our hours back. Second mgr bullied us to the point where I (we) dreaded coming to work. He talked about us (to ea other) after 19 1/2 yrs was not even making $12 per hr
Pros
Benefits and discounts. Use to be free rooms now we pay
Cons
Management, Pay, and The Public
Productive and fun workplace
Front Desk Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAAugust 30, 2019
My experience at Red Roof Inn was great. I learned and valued my time there. It's just like any other job.You have some good days and you have some bad days.
very laid back and safe work environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Austinburg, OHAugust 28, 2019
i feel like i got adequate experience and opportunities at red roof & it always felt like a comfortable and safe work environment. i never really dreaded going into work or anything. it was a very positive experience.
It's a good place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2019
I like working there if I could I would go back, overall anyone could grow to Love to work there someday they buy lunch,i got tips everyday The weekend's where the easiest day's of all if you got threw to early you had a choice to stay or go home so if you are looking for a job try there.
Nice job.
Red roof inn (Former Employee) –  Lanham, MDAugust 26, 2019
The job was nice. Very professional and each worker took their time to work as professionally as possible as each pay came in to be received by the workers.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Winchester, KYAugust 26, 2019
I loved my co-workers. I enjoyed being the breakfast attinding. You meant some really nice people working there and also so not so friendly. I always went into work with a smile on my face hoping I could put one on everyone I meet.
Fair
Hotel Desk Clerk Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 25, 2019
I've worked front desk, shuttle driver, and housekeeping. In this industry and for our location you must be able to handle distressed guests and be a quick problem solver. As long as they see that you care and are about helping them they will calm down and things will run smoothly.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIAugust 24, 2019
Love the staff and the guest are some of the best!! The tips are nice you don’t get them daily, but you will get them! I like being able to work alone and move a a nice steady pace!
Pros
Morning schedule, tips
Cons
Going up and down stairs, pay rate
Poorly managed hotel.
Lead Auditor (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 22, 2019
Poorly managed hotel.

Staff did not work well as a team, more "every man for himself" mind-set.

Manager was non-present.

Employees did not really want to work there, let someone else do their work.
My family
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 19, 2019
It was great working with my Alexandria va redroof inn plus awesome team we was so good together I miss us sometimes we was a real family we always looked out for eachother and always helped eachother to get the job done ..we made the Alexandria the plus it is today
Pros
Awesome communication detailed ans will help u do what ever you need to do to get your job done
Cons
When its cold its cold when its hot its hot 😳

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Roof Inns, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP20%
In the Top 20% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Roof Inns, Inc..

Powered by Comparably