Red Roof Inns, Inc.
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Red Roof Inns, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search
all and all a good job, worked different hrs. decent pay and benefits/ good people to work with. team job. good place to work. and on on on
Pros
decent benefits, room to advance
Cons
work all days and hrs
Working here is a waste. The manager has no idea what's going on. Barely involved, breaks own policies, and blames employees when we try to fix the problems management created.
Most inns are franchises, so advancement opportunities are fairly limited. Pay is fair(ish) for workload and responsibility. Just be sure your patience can handle the customer service aspect.
Pros
Easy job, Regular guests, Comfy atmosphere, Employee discounts.
Cons
Working with the public, No benefits, Employee discounts are rarely honored, Most inns are franchises.
i so regret working at this red roof on watt ave. the management is so horrible, they say one thing but does the other. they do not know how to run business. their rooms look so horrible. trust me when i say this, they will not care about you and your health. they will want you to still come to work.
Pros
Cons
Short staff, No Lunch Breaks, No Bathroom Available, Pay is Horrible
The worst place imaginable run by the worst woman. Minimum wage and no raises. Dirty hotels run by greedy people who will not say thank you in any way.
Pros
Managers are nice
Cons
Cant call in sick, bad pay, no thanks
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Management is willing to work with you in times of need. Will help however they can. You have a set schedule and know your hours each week. Great place to learn the hotel industry.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Liked working with people people liked me I treated people with respect even my co coworkers the only part I didn't like was drama always I was tired at the end of each day .
High expectations that no one could possibly meet. Guests leave rooms disgusting and your expected to clean it within 25 min. Impossible when the rooms are upside down. No teamwork seems more like a competition which is probably because there is no confidentiality regarding your hours worked/ salary / or what your job assignment is. No flexibility from management but you are expected to be flexible for them all for less than $10/hr in this day and age the wage for that type of work is shameful
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No time for break/ no appreciation for hard work
Desk Clerks are taking the roles of housekeeping and laundry room along with their normal job. Housekeepers, when do work do a terrible job on their rooms so we have to hear it from the guests. I've even went behind their work correcting the rooms so guests wouldn't be disappointed. But, to be told not to do it because it may upset the housekeepers and they may quit. In my opinion, this is not how the hotel business should run. I personally would not stay at Red Roof Inn due to cleanliness issues.
Pros
Pool
Cons
No Benefits, Vacation starts once employed 14 months, Quality of housekeepers/Lead housekeepers.
This hotel has been the best place I’ve worked at in a while. I love the staff, my coworkers, and environment. It’s a great place to meet long term great friends!!
Pros
Great people, flexible hours.
Cons
Short lunches.
I loved the management staff. They really do care about their workers. The turnover rate is high so a lot of shift covering and lack of help from others was the main thing. A lot of manual labor and fast-paced environment.
Pros
Healthy work environment
Cons
easily burnt out, not paid enough for work provided
It was a good place to work but also challenging it was a different task each and every day the staff that I work with was very good and respectful also friendly
Pros
Bring your own lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Mucho trabajo y muy mala paga, poco material para trabajar, falta de comunicación entre los trabajadores de la oficina y limpiadoras.
Pros
Buen horario
Cons
Mala paga
Hard work and outside in any weather conditions. Hours are decent you can kinda work the clock. Staff and management were great. I decently enjoy my job.
Pros
Easygoing
Cons
Better pay is needed
This job I’ve worked for over 3 years barely got a raise I was a multitasker and did just about every job there and I’ve worked hard. They don’t care how much time or effort you put in will not consider putting you in a higher position and don’t pay well at all. They rather higher outside the company then put you in that position in which your highly qualified for.
Pros
Not much to say
Cons
Terrible management not enough hours will not pay well and don’t care for their employees.
Good work place. You can self mange your work. Good employees. Will work with you on needed days off. Can pick up extra shifts during vacations if you want but don't have to.
First: to contrast, I worked at a brick-and-mortar contact center for a different company and quit after two weeks, it was a nightmare. But at Red Roof Inn, the management cares and shows it! This was a WFH position before COVID started. The supervisory staff is helpful and very kind, providing support, humor, and feedback whenever needed. The training program is good. They don't put anyone on the phones until they have demonstrated competencies within the allotted training period. They do refresher sessions periodically, along with training on any changes that may occur. The pay is modest, but the company offers a wide choice of benefits, making it an attractive position for anyone who needs them. I don't think there's any stress, especially when compared to the stories I've heard about other contact center jobs! I think this is an ideal job for anyone who wants to have a job with decent benefits and/or extra money. If you're young and ambitious, looking tons of quick cash and advancement opportunities then this is probably not the best fit, although different/more interesting jobs with better pay do pop up from time to time and they promote from within. PTO is good from the start, VTO is offered and depends completely upon peak times/service levels. PTO amounts increase with seniority. If you consistently do your job in a professional manner, follow all easy-to-understand company policies, listen carefully, treat people well, maintain a smile and a respectful, upbeat attitude, then you'll do well. You must have a quiet, private workspace in which to conduct business professionally, - more...
Pros
Appreciative managers, varied comprehensive benefits packages offered, company worked hard to keep and/or rehire employees in a pandemic (!), your work and loyalty are reciprocated, small gifts or contests periodically for doing your job well or exceeding performance requirements.
Cons
The industry is struggling, a few minor benefits have been cut for now so they could retain as many employees as possible, regular benefits remain unchanged, shift changes are offered only periodically, choose your hours/days carefully before taking the job.
I really enjoyed my time with Red Roof. They truly want to see you succeed and give you the needed tools to do so. Of course managing budget hotels can be difficult but there isn't another budget brand Id even consider.
It was an OK place to work it was just unorganized... I enjoyed working most of the time... But that needed to be a bit more organized... It was all over the place
Pros
Head housekeeper was awesome
Cons
Organization
Work-life balanceManagement's terriblePay & benefitsMinimum wageOverallDon't ever work for this company. They pay minimum wage and their management will harass you for the smallest mistakes and the hotels are usually full of drugs
Not the best, not the worst. Can be herolding at times. Sometimes the guests leave you really nice tips. The most part that I think is the best is the people
Pros
Place to sleep
Cons
No bathrooms