Red Ventures Employee Reviews

Compensation wouldn’t stop changing
Master Sales Agent II (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 31, 2018
Not a consistent environment your never told about how good you have done only how bad you have done very negative work environment everyone is always complaining it’s hard to be around
Learned a lot
Inside Sales Representative/ Senior Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 29, 2018
I have learned a lot working here. It was an excellent first experience working in such a fast paced environment in which I had to learn to adapt and overcome hesitations on the fly. The people at first are awesome, afterwards you are left to your own devices.
Hard but worth it
Team Lead for CenturyLink Account (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2018
Red Ventures has really been the only company in which I've worked for that was worth the amount of hard work in which I put into it. After only three months I was promoted.
Na
Sales Professional, Master Sales Agent, Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 25, 2018
Excellent organization to make money, exhaustion can occur. Nothing else to say about the organization but I am required to fill in a minimum of 150 words before I can move forward.
Eh! Not the best place
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 20, 2018
Management is lacking, they deduct money from your paycheck for mistakes, drama even with managers especially Willaina! Very messy managers who should not be in that position.
Pros
Free lunch, nice new hire bonuses
Cons
breaks, compensation
A great place to work
Sales Trainer (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 16, 2018
Red Ventures had a great Culture and amazing tools for Sales training. Unfortunately the company closed in Miami and I was unable to relocate due do my family.
Pros
Great tools, culture, benefits and commission opportunities
Cons
Having the corporate office in a different state
Overall a good place to work
Master Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 15, 2018
Red Ventures is a good place to work overall. Are there things I would change, certainly. They have a pretty strict attendance policy especially for new hires who have still yet to prove themselves but once you show you are dependable they do work with you when they can. They have an onsite cafe with subsidized lunches, a gym, bowling lanes, a lot of perks. I left due to changes in commission and perks for master sales agents
Pros
good environment lots of training and encouragement
Cons
strict policies on attendance and quality
Avoid this place at all costs
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 15, 2018
They basically lie to you about what your job entails, scheduling, bonus structure, etc just to get you to take the job.

Red Ventures is a large call center with extreme micromanagement and a high turn over rate. I was only here for a few months and saw countless people quit or terminated for the smallest reasons. You’re basically on the phone for 9 hours a day, even till 11:00 at night. The campus is beautiful with lots of amenities, but it’s all a facade to take your mind off of how terrible the job really is.

They claim to coach and develop you, but if you have a bad week, they threaten you with termination instead of finding ways to help you.

They say it’s sales “the right way” but they tell you to break compliance rules if necessary just to make sales. As long as you are not submitting orders or running credit without the customer’s permission, anything is fair game.

My coworkers were really nice. However, I would say everybody I worked with hated this job and felt they were tricked into accepting the position. My advice to anyone applying here is to read in between the lines and always make sure you get direct answers to your questions.
Pros
Cheap lunches, pay, casual dress code
Cons
Micromanagement, little opportunity for growth, work-life balance is nonexistent
i love my co workers
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 12, 2018
i love my co workers i think they keep me sane most of the time the management is very horrible here they expect you to have a good sales day everyday when sometimes thats not durable when most of your calls be unserviceable or existing customers who didnt follow directions when we give them customer service number to follow up expect to meet daily numbers or your job is on the line
Worst mistake I’ve ever made
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 9, 2018
I Never made the amount of money they promised me. They do not car about your home life. The do mandatory overtime, never work with you on your schedule. Managment is very poor there is no leadership. If you cannot handle the job they don’t care, your fired. I worked ther for a year and a half. Out of a training class of 18 I was the only one left. I left because they told me they where moving me to another department with a 40% pay cut!!!! Or I can be terminated!!! And then then the fought my unemployment. Taking the job at red ventures was the worst mistake of my life. I wouldn’t recommend working here to anybody even my enemies. If you end up working here I feel sorry for you but wish the best. This company has single handlely ruined my life. Thanks red ventures!!!!
Pros
They have ac and heat
Cons
Everything about this company in and out
Great for starting career
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 8, 2018
I learned a lot while at RV. However peer review is based upon rather peers like you or not not true work performance. Great work environment ut no enough training classes to help employees get a better understanding of how other things work in the company. Pay is really low
Pros
great enviornment fun
Cons
pay is super low
Beware this is not the place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 4, 2018
Horrible company changes pay scale frequently, known for wrongfully firing people, the director lies about what he’s going to do for his employees, the managers scream in your ear while you’re on the phone with customers, HR never wants to help address concerns. They put a new system in place that has several errors and firing everyone for the flawed system. The director states it’s nothing he can do cause it’s the policy, even though you have proof and they verified it’s wrong. Please call the Better Business Beareau and file a complaint! I don’t recommend anyone working here it’s the biggest mistake you make!
Pros
Food
Cons
Stressful, system issues, poor management, point system, and horrible work environment
This place is horrible.!!!!!!!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  AtlantaOctober 4, 2018
This place is horrible they changed pay scale in the middle of the quarter, they changed our commission pay, their new system makes you request to go to the restroom also to take your lunch and you have to wait for them to accept it and if the call volume is high they won’t accept it, also you can’t leave work unless it’s beneficial to the job, they don’t accept doctors excuse.
Pros
Free Lunch when they take 30mins of your lunch.
Cons
Everything there is horrible.
The next day could be your last day working at RV
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCOctober 3, 2018
*The money is never consistent (comp plan).
*All management is horrible since "Sales 2.0" (the mass firing).
*Oh and just wait you will gain minimum 20lbs with "subsidize lunch"
*Sales coaching's are a waste of time because the current management has never been on the phones as sales agent.
*No room for growth
*Very stressful
*No matter how good you do, its never enough (including agent 0)
If you can deal with B2B calls 8hrs straight that's great. But working here made me hate my life and life its self!
Pros
covered parking garage
Cons
Money, Managment
redventures
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 24, 2018
i did about 3 interviews with 3 different people be prepared to be asked creative questions they want to know if you can think on your feet. The job environment is very nice and relaxing with ping pong tables big lunch area. The job is very stressful and you have to be money hungry to want or just plain money greedy and i noticed some of the most successful people their were good at twisting their words. So if you are a very honest person it may bother your conscious to tell small lies or etc
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
short breaks
Inaccurate perks offered
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2018
This company will suck you dry. Not only do they promise things that do not exist but they continue to ask for more. No sick time available.
Rating 0
Amazing place to make great money
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
A lot of freedom, great environment, supportive management, friendly coworkers, amamzing pay, superb learning opportunities, and they even have a cafeteria with good, healthy food
look the part and play the role
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 9, 2018
I'd say that everyone is really a contract employee because of the at will status. The executive staff are approachable and always smiling which is a plus. The sales floor is very loud and you can't hear the customer very well, people are screaming and playing games to win based on sales for the day. The only place it's quiet is the building where you go to get your pay check where payroll is. It's not looked down on to have relationships with your superiors or meet up at the bar afterward. Not really a corporate workspace but appears to be. Very stressful! You have to go by the script or have your PC pull you off the phone and ask why you didn't say this or that. They listen to your calls with headphones while they are there. If you can play the role in their face, you're fine. Terminations aren't fair. We lost several people on the floor for asinine reasons but the top sales agents can do the same thing and keep their job. Compliance will say you cant say this one day but the next day its not an issue. So you never know what you can really say or do. Your PC will go to bat for you if you're a top sales agent but if you're not they will let you sink. They say you will be paid 50,000 but that's not true. It's 31,000 and the other is your benefits, paid time off and etc. There are no sick days.
Pros
clinic on site
Cons
can't attend any red talks or etc because you're stuck on the phone
Senior Designer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 8, 2018
Overall, RV is a GREAT place to work. As a large company that has exponentially grown over the last few years, RV has done a good job at continuing to strengthen and sustain itself.
Where to begin...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Yeah, they are pretty much awful. Everything they tell you is a lie. They make you work mandatory overtime with shortened lunches and fire you for ANYTHING. One girl in my group got fired for doing what they told her to do...
Pros
food
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Ventures.

Powered by Comparably