Red Ventures Employee Reviews

Inaccurate perks offered
Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 22, 2018
This company will suck you dry. Not only do they promise things that do not exist but they continue to ask for more. No sick time available.
Rating 0
Amazing place to make great money
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 21, 2018
A lot of freedom, great environment, supportive management, friendly coworkers, amamzing pay, superb learning opportunities, and they even have a cafeteria with good, healthy food
look the part and play the role
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 9, 2018
I'd say that everyone is really a contract employee because of the at will status. The executive staff are approachable and always smiling which is a plus. The sales floor is very loud and you can't hear the customer very well, people are screaming and playing games to win based on sales for the day. The only place it's quiet is the building where you go to get your pay check where payroll is. It's not looked down on to have relationships with your superiors or meet up at the bar afterward. Not really a corporate workspace but appears to be. Very stressful! You have to go by the script or have your PC pull you off the phone and ask why you didn't say this or that. They listen to your calls with headphones while they are there. If you can play the role in their face, you're fine. Terminations aren't fair. We lost several people on the floor for asinine reasons but the top sales agents can do the same thing and keep their job. Compliance will say you cant say this one day but the next day its not an issue. So you never know what you can really say or do. Your PC will go to bat for you if you're a top sales agent but if you're not they will let you sink. They say you will be paid 50,000 but that's not true. It's 31,000 and the other is your benefits, paid time off and etc. There are no sick days.
Pros
clinic on site
Cons
can't attend any red talks or etc because you're stuck on the phone
Where to begin...
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 6, 2018
Yeah, they are pretty much awful. Everything they tell you is a lie. They make you work mandatory overtime with shortened lunches and fire you for ANYTHING. One girl in my group got fired for doing what they told her to do...
Pros
food
Cons
everything else
RV gave me a chance to thrive, and I didn't give myself a chance to take full advantage of the opportunity.
Senior Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCSeptember 3, 2018
I had the privilege of working closely with the senior management team at RV while working hard in the sales center. Not many people have great things to say about RV, but my experience was great. The CEO and the senior leaders are first-class, and great mentors if you put yourself in that position. It is competitive and gives you an opportunity to compete at a high level.
Great Job, Poor Management
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 30, 2018
I feel as if my team lead did not care as much. You get fired for every little thing. Even in training if you mess up the slightest thing, they will fire you.
Pros
Low cost lunch, great people
Cons
Poor management
fast paced
Sales|Internet sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 28, 2018
The work place is fast paced, motivational and encouraging to most to get high ranked sales along with bonuses. The pay was great although base plus commission.
It's like they're stealing from you
SALES (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 26, 2018
You make hourly + commission. This job is stressful and mentally exhausting. Taking call after call having people fight with you about things they should have known from common sense is such a headache. Commission from this should be great but instead you work hard and make a fat commission check for them to tax 40% of it. The benefits and amenities here are amazing but that can't keep me here if I am being taken advantage of by my company plus being forced to work overtime even as a full time worker EVERY WEEK does not motivate me either.
always changing the comp plan
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 22, 2018
pay was getting worse for sales reps. very stressful. always changing the commission pay for sales agents. I was making more the first two years that I worked there compared to my last two years
Pros
great co workers
Cons
pay
Best place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2018
Sales can be stressful. But Red Ventures made it a great place to work. The people felt like family. I would recommend anyone to work for red ventures. I wish they stayed in San Antonio, TX.
Ping Pong Tables that you watch your managers play
Floor Lead, Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 13, 2018
Often times you'd be working your butt off while your managers played fifa world cup. Made a decent amount of money but there was a lot of stress. I'd recommend it as an in between job.
Fast-pace environment with lack of direction
Business Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCAugust 3, 2018
Red Ventures employees must submerge themselves in a cut-throat environment with little to no direction in terms of career trajectory and the requirement to carve your own path for any type of advancement.

Work hours are long, but the office has perks that will make staying late seem not so bad (such as a basketball court, bowling alley, and multiple cafes). However, you'll likely not receive many opportunities to utilize these features.

The majority of employees are recent college graduates in constant competition with one-another making the "collaborative" environment much more stressful.

You will learn a lot and push yourself to meet deadlines you never thought possible, all while receiving a salary that doesn't reflect your efforts and a title that most-likely will not change, until you are too worn out to continue.
Pros
Subsidized meals, basketball court, bowling alley, beer on tap, free food
Cons
Limited opportunity for advancement, low salary, poor management, no direction, long hours, high stress
The best
Master tier 2 sales agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 1, 2018
This i the best company I have ever worked for.. Taught me how to be a leader and also how to become a great sales person.. Not only did i learn all the above as stated but I also met up with some great people that introduced me to networking.
Pros
I loved it there
Great Learning Opportunity, Poor Compensation/Undertrained Leadership
Associate Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 20, 2018
Redventures is great about providing resources for learning, and often gives you difficult assignments that force you to grow, so in the aspect of knowledge requirement, they excel. But beyond that, they really struggle with fair compensation for a given job title and a lot of managers were simply promoted because they were good at their previous job, not because they exhibit strong leadership qualities (e.g. a good developer does not necessarily make a good leader of developers).
Pros
amenities, food, learning resources, coworkers, Ceo
Cons
pay, leadership (besides CEO)
Launch pad for personal growth and professional development
Sales Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 19, 2018
Red Ventures has had a profound impact on my life in many positive ways; especially the people who became more than just co-workers, but rather friends with a deep connection. The opportunities to learn and succeed are plentiful, so long as the work ethic supports it. While the company is also growing from small/medium to large there are changes happening to staffing and policies that come with growing pains, but also more pros than cons. The CEO is a leader of many ideas and philosophies that are embodied in the company culture. There are few places in the world that offer the scale and impact that Red Ventures does. Whoever leaves their doors will have a better sense of purpose than when they entered.
Great place to learn
COPYWRITER (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJuly 18, 2018
Jobs can vary greatly within the company, but overall it's a great place to learn and grow. If you're coming straight out of school it's a really solid first job.
Very high stress sales inviroment
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCJuly 18, 2018
The name of the game is getting potential buyers through the credit application. Its the number one metric that agents are paid for. Coming from a sales background this was very new to me. It becomes easier, but the push for getting callers through credit is insane. Commission plans changed every month i was there. You'd go from making 1500 in commission to 250 the next month; without changing a single thing your doing.
Pros
The facility is amazing and lunch is cheap
Cons
Managment
Great culture, lacking in structure
Workforce Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
I think the best word to sum up working at RedVentures is... "HECTIC"

The companies culture is awesome, but because of a lack of a defined structure, getting anything across the goal line is nigh impossible.
Web of lies
Performance Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charlotte, NCJuly 17, 2018
Poor work/life balance, decreasing compensation, hidden agendas and possibly the worst of all was the lack of consideration given to employees as far as career advancement and overall happiness.
Pros
Ocassional free lunch
Cons
Not made for long term employment
Good environment, bad everything else
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 9, 2018
Red Ventures gives you the illusion that that it is a fun place to work. The environment is fun, with ping pong tables and basketball hoops, but the actual work is extremely tedious and not very rewarding. They also say that they have flexible schedules but it is a complete lie. They let you choose your schedule and then a month later switch you to a different one and you have no say.
Cons
Scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.9Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight