Red Ventures Employee Reviews

Ever Changing and Dynamic work environment
Master Sales Agent - Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 14, 2019
You have to be prepared to change your direction, ideas, approach, or role at a moments notice. I do agree that for a business to be successful, you have to adapt to change. However, when you don't know if you will have a job when you walk in the door or because of changes in the business it dramatically impacts your income in a negative way, it is hard to keep morale high and be hopeful about your success. Great coworkers, opportunities for support and development. Unfortunately the comp plan changes monthly and it can make it difficult to make a consistent income. It also is very frustrating. As a sales agent, you are just a number in the business machine. It also says a lot that that the turnover rate is in the 90th percentile over the period of 12 months. It is tough. High expectations about sales goals with technology systems that often work against you than with you. Nothing more frustrating that making a sale but the system will not let you process it.
Fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 11, 2019
A hard target to meet sales and will fire people without notice when calls are down great facility clean and great food options in two café but as a company the hour pay increased to 15/hour but commission went down
Pros
Great eating options for lunch subsudized
Cons
hours suck for weekend warriors
Fun place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 8, 2019
RV is fun in the beginning but becomes monotonous and demanding after the first year. Not much room for advancement and management doesn’t provide sufficient support for employee needs.
Pros
Discounted lunches, good PTO
Cons
Fast paced and requires full attention
Client Acquisitions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indian Land, SCJanuary 7, 2019
Red Ventures is a sales environment that pushes you to succeed. Your success is based entirely upon your ability to follow directions and learn quickly.
Used to be great
PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 3, 2019
I've worked at RV almost 3 years and I used to love it. They have lost focus and treat their employees like garbage. Everyone is leaving, don't waste your time.
Great Place to Learn
Senior Sales Representative / Agent Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Red Ventures taught me everything I know about sales. Yes, its stressful if you let it get to you. Keep a smile on your face and ignore negativity. Its a very fast paced environment and change is constant. The culture is 10/10. Games every day, awesome prizes and awesome money. I was an agent ambassador and helped with new hires also sold on the phone. As long as you keep your head high and get the job done it's a great opportunity. It's like going to college for sales and getting paid to do it! Everyone around you is there to help you succeed.
Pros
Hour lunches, discounted food, gym.
Cons
One weekend day is required to work and hardly ever get 2 consecutive days off in a row.
Great Training
Sales Professional I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 1, 2019
Working with Verizon was a treat. It allowed me the opportunity to sharpen skills and create revenue. Upselling and overcoming hesitations are main staples of focus at Red Ventures.
Great sometimes
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 29, 2018
Great place environment wise management not so well you tend to get confused a lot of miscommunication one person telling you one thing and someone telling you completely different
Cutthroat conniving workplace
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 22, 2018
If you want to work for a company that uses their sales agents as scapegoats for unethical sales practices, this is your place.

Good luck getting concrete compliance information. You will get a different answer depending on who you ask.

Run
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Everything, but the Cafeteria
not a good company
not applicable (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLDecember 9, 2018
Worked long hours and for low pay. Fortunately I was hourly and received overtime pay. Stressful environment and high turnover. No company loyalty. I do not recommend working here.
Challenging and Fun Workplace
Lead Workforce Associate (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 1, 2018
Red Ventures is a fast-paced and fun place to work. The day-to-day challenges provide opportunity for growth and self-discovery. I would recommend Red Ventures to individuals that I think would fit the culture.
Ok job
Inbound sales (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 21, 2018
This Was A Nice place to work, The only thing was the sales target were very hard. you have to be a real sales person to work here. They at the end they provided with base salary. If you do bad on QA you can lose all of your commission.
Pros
Can earn alot of money
Cons
Can lose alot of money also/
Looks like a lot of fun, treats their employees terribly
Internal Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 17, 2018
The campus has so many fun things, almost seems like a college campus. Every employee is a sales person. They will tell you all of the amazing benefits of working there but you never get to use them. Turnover is very high there for a reason. Most people only stay for 3-6 months.
Manipulating your comp
Master Sales Agent Gold (Former Employee) –  CharlotteNovember 17, 2018
RV was once a great place to earn an excellent living. But I’m afraid corporate greed has gotten the best of them. I made more commissions in my training months when I first started than the last 3 months of my employ. Constantly changing comp goals and metrics, even going so far as changing the comp plan mid-month because we were making too much money....we were selling too much....at a sales center. They also started using marketing tactics that make me think of a sleazy bait and switch from an old 1970’s used car lot. As the salesman answering that call and having to explain that the prices online are not really the price unless you bundle- after checking the customers credit- well, I just have more integrity as a sales professional to operate in that fashion.
If they would go back to treating people with respect and actually caring about the end user, they might could salvage some dignity.
Pros
Great co-workers, relaxed dress code.
Cons
Stressful, low commissions, micromanaged, reduced break time in the past year, being asked to deceive customers.
Horrible.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCNovember 14, 2018
There is no work life balance. Management is disgusting. The sales goals are tailored for specific persons and the company makes you almost kill your self before you even see a payout. Beware. Don’t be fooled by the free things
State of the art everything!
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
I did not enjoy working for Red Ventures. At all. I only enjoyed the state of the art building and the amenities that came along with the job. I disliked the management and their style of leading employees. The work environment was very kiddie. There were just way too many people playing games all of the time; employees would be talking & yelling on the floor while other CSR reps would talking to customers on the phone. The Supervisors would pull your calls daily monitor your calls. They would do this at least 3-4 times a week. Which became very, very annoying. So, no I did not enjoy my time while working there.
Great Upper Management, but Divided Across the Company
PERFORMANCE COACH (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 14, 2018
In general, I would say RV is a good place to work, but they have a long way to go in unifying their treatment of sales vs. non-sales roles. The company puts on great events and has great benefits (workout classes, etc), but these are also almost impossible to use as a sales employee. Further, the company has grown at such a rate that they have no standardization for training sales management. When situations arise in dealing with employees, answers from upper managers vary and the lowest on the totem pole gets the boot.

Bottom line: It's a good place to work on a day-to-day basis, but don't expect to stay. They certainly don't expect you to.
The Company Changed its structure less than 6 months after I started
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 13, 2018
When I started with the company it was quota driven job with a competitive but comfortable environment. The branch I worked at was base plus commission, but less than six-months after I started, the entire branch was laid-off. All employees were given an option of a 2 week severance, or $1000 moving expense to help relocate to another branch. I was in the process of the management training program and had one week remaining before I would have completed it and been given a shift management position. Due to the lay-offs, my training was cancelled and if I would have accepted the transfer, I would have begun at the bottom again without any credit or considerations for my training to that point.
make money, then get fired
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2018
your time there is limited because their turn over is crazy. They have no regard for building relationships just hitting goals and making money. Not a company for longevity, but you can learn from an intense training and sales floor environment. Change in management and teams are often and the commission structure can change at anytime as well.
Pros
earning potential is there
Cons
no work life balance and turnover is super high because the goals change and are unrealistic
Fast-paced, high energy environment meant for only the determined
Performance Coach (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
Red Ventures is a place where those that are determined and mentally strong can excel and win. It is not a job for those that are just looking to have a job, as these individuals often do not make it more than a few months. Self accountability is a must-have for you to succeed and controlling your mindset is the key to being happy at this company. The most important piece any prospective hire should have is to be coachable and apply feedback from your direct report.

There are opportunities for advancement should you exude the traits above and apply critical feedback in a timely manner.
Pros
Great income for the dedicated, benefits and PTO with promotions
Cons
Very low flexibility when it comes to scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Red Ventures.

Powered by Comparably