Red Ventures
52Below average

Red Ventures Employee Reviews

United States666 reviews
Featured review
Red Ventures selected this as a representative review
RV works hard and plays hard, Good place to learn how to sale, make a lot of money, and grow. The campus is amazing and the training program is actually award winning .
Pros
Money
Cons
got to his the sales goals
The Energy & Atmosphere of this Company is unrivalled the CEO is An INSPIRATION & THE FOOD COURT IS MIND BLOWING!!!
The training is super involved because they want you to Win the Trainers are employees at the Highest Levels of the Game in Every Single line of BUISINESS
Be consistent, pay more, and value people who have been there 5+ years with no issues. I loved it when I first started in 2013. That changed quick. So many unethical acts were performed. I can’t believe a business of this magnitude could be so unethical. They put millions in unused bells and whistles such as tennis courts. Cut commissions (when it was supposed to be uncapped) raised insurance rates and never gave wage increases.
Pros
Cons
Inconsistent, unethical
RV is a great company and if you have a heart for sales and you go for the sales position the. It’s for you.
I was using sales as a steppingstone for other opportunities and I can say there is so much lack of communication when it comes to internal opportunities.

If you do anything else outside of sales I would say this is the best place to work! I unfortunately found myself miserable in sales, and had to put aside my morals for it; which was draining.
Pros
Benefits, pay, coworkers, amenities
Cons
Lack of communication, cut throat, doesn’t offer part time
Culture at RV has a very forced feel. The company is very heavy in middle management and creates a lot of arbitrary due dates and drama due to GM's not seeming to have a solid understanding of what their teams do or how they operate. The overal sense that I got while working at RV was that the business model was to buy up companies that were sucessful, then force them to change everything to the "RV way" and deride the teams that were acquired for being somehow insufficient or incapable until they all leave. Those who don't leave are asked to convert remaining systems to how RV wants them and are then let go. It is common for team leads and managers to be fired and replaced with internal RV management and then for those managers to be upset at the team when nobody knows who 3rd party vendors are or what operating costs are because the people with that knowledge were terminated.
Pros
Solid Pay
Cons
"Us vs Them" culture, Inabilty to innovate, inability to maintain already operational systems.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
The business model here is simple: hire them young, repeat that this is "a great place to work" until they believe it, exploit them, drown them with excessive "constructive feedback", make them feel that their work is never good enough and, after a few years, fire them or let them resign on their own in order to hire younger candidates.

Don't be lured in by their perks or mottos, that's only a facade to cover up their toxic culture. I saw multiple times employees break and have panic attacks only to have unexperienced managers convince them that it is their fault. They do not care about your wellbeing and will blame you for things that are out of your control. My advice is to run before they make you drink their "kool-aid".
Pros
Learning resources
Cons
Excesive micro-management, unexperienced managers, cero work-life balance, no job stability.
Working for this company for 5 years I've seen a lot of change regarding the commission payout, managers, departments, the good and the bad. Mostly bad.
Pros
Meet some of the most coolest people ever
Cons
Micro managed like a robot
This company has a lot of Benefits I love this company I have made a lot of Money at this company if I could go back to this job I would go with out thinking twice
Unless you are in absolutely desperate I would avoid RV at all cost and if you must I would be in and out as quickly as you can. Their turnover is higher than retail and that should tell you. Coming from being a marketing boys club to a debt-ridden call center the cultures a sham. Also the work-life balance is nonexistent, they try to slave you and penalize you for uncontrollable situations. Management is very manipulative as well and they will try to keep you in an entry-level position on the phones. Get in during the moving months (second half of summer and the first half of fall) make as much money as possible if you have to but otherwise avoid at all cost, it's not worth the stress.
There’s a strong disconnnect from the startup company team culture of 6 years ago and today. The environment is competitive to the point of a fault. Work/life balance is not part of their culture they give you everything you need at the office so you can accommodate to their time demand of you. If you’re lucky to have a good manager and mentor within your team you’ll go far as long as you can put in the extra hours. It’s not a great place for minorities because the inclusivity is very superficial. If you can stand all of this then great place to boost up your resume and then leave.
Outside of sales, the culture is still extremely toxic. It is very team-dependant, so your mileage may vary. However, HR offers no support, Senior/Director/VP simply means a title and a pay bump without any ownership, there is no onboarding because they believe in a sink or swim mentality given that they have no issue finding good out-of-school applicants.

Steer clear, please. For your own health and sanity. You will not regret it.
Great training, great support and compensation. My leaders are amazing, the help me as much as they can and provide support, especially through this rough time due to Covid-19.
This company has no desire to retain employees. They show favoritism and their human resource department is so detached from the employees that their concern for their employees is very low
I honestly had so much fun working at red ventures!
One thing that I can say is that it gets stressful, but its still fun.

I would recommend this job for a single person who doesn't have much need for a work/home life balance.

Also, If we're being honest the sales position doesn't offer much security, so again if your single w/no family... Even better
What i learned in the workplace is that you must be a self motivator to be successful at Red Venture. Your co workers and management are their to help you but you won't see results if you don't want to do better for yourself.
RV is a place to build a resume, not a career. There are several opportunities, especially with the new Curve Learning Center. The problem is finding support and time to complete additional courses with the workload.
Red Ventures has a highly energized, pleasant work environment. The company is centralized in North/South Carolina. There are opportunities to visit their expansive home office and network with other professionals there.
Pros
20 days PTO annually
Cons
Advancement opportunities
It was sales driven but asked to comply with script to stay compliant but not wholly truthful. Felt like coercion not sales. I didnt like feeling punished for telling the truth.
If you're looking for your start RV is for you. It has plenty of free resources for learning and development. Flexibility if you have children, great food. It does not have great managers though, also people are very sneaky and will set you up for failure.
Great place to work, you must be adaptable. Benefits are great and affordable. I would recommend this job to my peers. You must be able to sit for long periods of times.
Me considero afortunada de trabajar en Red ventures, el ambiente de trabajo es genial. Siempre recibimos entrenamiento y actualizaciones. La compañía es hermosa.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Ventures. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.5
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
3.6Career Opportunities
3.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight